Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get some background storytelling from two years ago.
Kinda interesting to hear more of Sumire from the past as well.

The new girl Sasane Ukawa is quite interesting considering her powerful ability (seems to be activated with the ring on her finger) I'm pretty sure she'll be an important character in this arc so it'll be interesting to see how her role will be played out.
May 31, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
Two years ago right after that girl died and joined the club with different teacher. Reset girl cannot do reset? He didn't instruct her to reset because of that dead girl... and that somehow affects reset girl.

The association doesn't think the dead girl's death is involved with the power. It seems like a lady mountain climbing heard about the death and wanted to find a solution, which she said is her "power".

By reset, they help people in mission, but there might be some people get hurt unconsciously. Reset used with his instruction, with that determination. After solving first mission, he gave his most important key chain (some kind of animal) to reset girl?!

Third ep. of junior high arc (first arc) next! (even though this ep. happened at the two during junior high school, too.)
tsubasaloverMay 31, 2017 8:15 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2010
So part 3 of the first arc next week, now i am really looking forward to it, things are getting very interesting.
This episode wasn't the best tho, it was a bit slow.
May 31, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
Misora tried to reset by herself, but she couldn't. She can only do it if she's ordered by Kei. She thought he hated her ability, but that wasn't the case. Since he's hurt by Sumire's death, he's hurting Misora too. Kei is going to try to find someone to bring her back.
May 31, 2017 10:12 AM
Jun 2015
A decent intro for the next episode but not very uneventful. We are finally going to see the ending of the first arc next episode which hopefully will clear up some mysteries that were unresolved.
May 31, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
So the last episode of the first arc is next week. Looking forward to that. It's about time we see Sumire.

Not much happened. Pretty much a storytelling episode.

May 31, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
Not much happened this week as usual, but it was nice to see Kei finally show even the tiniest bit of emotion this week with his frustration at the Bureau. Still, it would have been nice to see him show more emotion over Soma's death, but with next week being the final part of the first arc we might well get that then. However, if Soma does come back to life, what then? That's all this show has been building to from the start, so what's to be done once that's out of the way?
May 31, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was interesting and I'm glad that we will get to see part three of the prologue next week.

I wonder how they gonna bring Soma back, Sasane Ukawa will probably play a major role in this plan. The description of her ability was vague and there could've been a hint that she's able to save someone with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
The conversation on the bridge was nice.

Pretty interested to see how they're gonna bring back Soma. I liked her the most.
May 31, 2017 11:33 AM
Jul 2016

Nice episode, we got a little bit of backstory (well kinda backstory) and it looks like well meet best girl (and only decent character in this series) souma next episode, prodably through the picture he got from this old man from last episode
May 31, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
I kind like the Kei's character design in the 2 years ago more, so seeing that was good.

Episode was generally a meh except for that fence building girl. That was totally out of the blue but i bet its a reference that we gonna understand later on. Also +1 for that commercial "have brake have kit kat" but that "Thank You" on the kit kat box was interesting.

Anyway next episode is 3/3 of the first arc, cant w8.
May 31, 2017 12:14 PM

Mar 2017
Well flash back episode with not much event, but I like it! We now know more about Kei's and Haruki's character, we got some nice talk. It was not so boring. And I think Souma pretended hugging Kei in ep 2 is to make Haruki jealous (?), thus realize her feeling towards Kei, get closer to him and change herself.
I'm glad that we can finally get to part 3 of first part, and maybe, maybe would get to see Souma again. I miss her (and her cute Aoi Yuuki voice).
The sponsor was strong in this week episode lol.
English is not my native language. Sorry for my poor choice of words and crappy grammar.
May 31, 2017 12:18 PM

Feb 2009
I don't know how I feel about Kei wanting to revive Souma, it's as if he's unconsioucly in love with her. I mean, his way of thinking makes it seem as if he is anyway. No one goes through all that trouble to revive a person just to ease the guilt of him being the reason she died in the first place. Maaaa...but what do I know anyway? I just don't like how I feel like he might like Souma even though he's already confessed that he's in love with Haruki. It really irks me since it was pretty clear that Souma likes (or even love) Kei.

I just hope I'm wrong since I'm really shipping Kei x Haruki!

May 31, 2017 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Snickers in Alice, Kitkat here. Product placement is now a thing in anime?
But I must admit, David Production is doing really nice job with visuals here.
I'm curious how Souma will be revived.
rsc-plMay 31, 2017 12:57 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 31, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Not only they showed a Kitkat, but they used their catch phrase "take a break.." too, and I love that. That's a good way to put product placement in anime and I don't mind seeing more of it.
May 31, 2017 5:04 PM
Nov 2015
next week should be exciting, we're finally getting memory in children 3/3

Takeda92 said:
Not only they showed a Kitkat, but they used their catch phrase "take a break.." too, and I love that. That's a good way to put product placement in anime and I don't mind seeing more of it.

and don't forget koala march too, that was great haha
May 31, 2017 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
I can't fault the episode for giving out more character moments for Kei and Misora and shedding some light into the mystery of Sumire's death. I can fault it for slowing down the show's pacing for what seems like filler. If anything, the show can't find a right balance between story development and character development, either separating them too much or putting them way too close.
May 31, 2017 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Learned a bit about why Kei retraces his steps exactly after resetting and why Haruki can only reset upon order to by Kei.
Good episode.
May 31, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2017
LovePink18 said:
I don't know how I feel about Kei wanting to revive Souma, it's as if he's unconsioucly in love with her. I mean, his way of thinking makes it seem as if he is anyway. No one goes through all that trouble to revive a person just to ease the guilt of him being the reason she died in the first place. Maaaa...but what do I know anyway? I just don't like how I feel like he might like Souma even though he's already confessed that he's in love with Haruki. It really irks me since it was pretty clear that Souma likes (or even love) Kei.

I just hope I'm wrong since I'm really shipping Kei x Haruki!

*cough* Steins gate MC *cough* Subaru *cough*
May 31, 2017 7:39 PM

May 2017
Looks like Souma decided to die just to hide from the bureau and she did it, the bureau failed to find a successor

Next week, looks like Kei used that photo. I doubt she'll be back next episode
May 31, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2017
Atavistic said:
Not much happened this week as usual, but it was nice to see Kei finally show even the tiniest bit of emotion this week with his frustration at the Bureau. Still, it would have been nice to see him show more emotion over Soma's death, but with next week being the final part of the first arc we might well get that then. However, if Soma does come back to life, what then? That's all this show has been building to from the start, so what's to be done once that's out of the way?

Well since Souma probably decided to go suicide squad on them just to prevent the bureau from finding a successor. Once she's back. They'll probably annihilate the bureau, Kei, Souma and Haruki will be one hell of a scary trio. They'd be unbeatable with their combos of abilities

I doubt she'll be back next episode tho. Kei will just use the photo next week probably
Jun 1, 2017 12:23 AM

Mar 2016
Basically a flashback episode where we get some extra depth and exploration into the plot. I like this anime but sometimes I feel like they make it more confusing then it has to be because they're trying to be deep and complex instead of using the great premise they have available to them to tell a great story. All in all I'm still very interested in this anime and the plot progression coming up in the next few episodes
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 1, 2017 1:21 AM

Jan 2015
Is the Witch giving some "spoiler" to Kei about he'll meet again with Souma in the future? At the beginning of the episode. And to complete the story from the past let's get back to the past again and talk about Haruki that can't reset
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 1, 2017 4:29 AM
Mar 2016
Pretty sure this anime has been updated from 22 episodes to having 24 so that's cool.
Jun 1, 2017 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode.
We got what was going on in the characters mind after Souma's death.

The conversation at the bride was the best.
"Have a KitKat." "Take a break" ;)

Ahh so finally we got the final episode of the first arc. But it's sooner than expected. I thought they'd keep it until they reach ep 20 or so.
Jun 1, 2017 8:42 AM
May 2015
kitkat , flashback , revive getting interestingg here xD
Jun 1, 2017 9:49 AM
Aug 2016
PDK_ said:
Pretty sure this anime has been updated from 22 episodes to having 24 so that's cool.

No, it was always a 24 episode.

By the way, so hyped. Almost 2 months, everyone waited for the memory in children 3/3 and now it's only far a week. Yaay
Jun 2, 2017 7:53 AM

May 2012
The anime is so intriguing. I would like to know what caused the future change after reset and made souma die. It is probably has to do with her ability to tell the future

PDK_ said:

You must be confused between recreator and Sakurada Reset

Re:creator has 22 episodes
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34561/Re_Creators
Jun 3, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2015
Oh god, this episode was honestly boring as hell....

Jun 3, 2017 9:38 PM
Oct 2016
Pretty boring as for all the other eps that kinda fill in the gaps between the main plot, but nice to see a little bit of the stuff that happened before that ultra awkward time skip in (was it?) ep 3.
bread is yummy
Jun 4, 2017 12:48 AM
Aug 2015
So, souma sumire will eventually be resurrected by combining some of the abilities and she will eventually try to erase all of ability from sakurada city...
Jun 7, 2017 4:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The main theme for this episode was the exploration of the events that happened to Kei and Haruki after Souma's death. The struggles that both of them faced i felt were nicely done as it gave us into the insight into their inner struggles and thoughts as well. Kei's desire to not use the ability and his attempts to push Haruki away is balanced and contrasted with Haruki's attempt to make Kei use her ability and let her be useful to him. This i felt was a good contrast. This past story arc though i find is actually getting pretty interesting because back in the present their bond is extremely strong yet back here the distance between the two is widening. Seeing them make peace with their worries and concerns and accept the fact that Souma died in a accident as a result of resetting for a little thing i felt was nicely done. As was seeing them rebuild their trust in each other. Arguably the most important thing that was learned here is that while the reset ability can impact on someone's life and future it can also be used to help those that need help as well. The challenge is of course balancing whether to sue it or not. Hmm so it looks like next episode will be about bringing back Souma from the dead. I'll be interested to see what happens next.

Hmm now that they managed to rescue the witch and at the same time beat Eri to the punch im interested to see what their next move was. Still even though its only for a week the witch will have her freedom though. Hmm so the witches intended successor was Souma eh. Who sadly perished two years ago. I guess with Souma's death it will be hard for Kei to go to the rooftop again as it will end up reminding him too much about her. So at this time he also started to avoid Haruki as well eh. Unsurprising given his emotional state though. Souma was one of Kei's closest friends so the effect of her death will take time for him to recover from. Hmm so back then Kei actually had a different adviser two years ago eh. But then again this was before they entered high school i guess. So this will be their first job as a member of the service club eh. Hmm so for some reason Haruki couldn't use her ability at that point eh. It was at this point that Haruki started to rely on Kei here. So at this point in time Kei tried to instill a sense of independence in Haruki and try and teach her that she herself should be the one that should decide on when to reset eh. Though learning from Kei about society is important Haruki also needs to learn how to be independent as well since Kei won't be here forever. This is one of the effects of Souma's death eh. Due to Sakurada's unique setting you can't use your ability unless you want to and since Haruki decide to leave the decision to reset to Kei if he doesn't want to then she can't reset either. The core reason here is because Kei's desire was taken away because of the fact that a reset was what ultimately caused Souma's death. Plus it looks like his view on the reset has also changed as well as he no longer believes in its ability.

Still without Haruki's reset ability i think it will be difficult for them to be members of the service club and help people. But just saying to Haruki that you have to do it yourself is not going to work because both Kei and Haruki are linked together with feelings and if one doesn't desire to use that ability then the other can't either. In a way both are affected by Souma's death. Hmm so the true reason here is because she's afraid of being hated by Kei eh. Hmm so Kei is trying to determine whether the reset ability is what caused Souma's death eh. He seems determined to want to prove that the reset ability is what caused Souma's death though. This past event story is proving to be most interesting though. Hmm so Kei is going so far as to ask whether does the bureau have the ability to bring Souma back to life eh. I guess his regrets about her death really is strong. Its somewhat sad seeing the gulf between the two widen to this degree though. Hmm i guess Kei's desire to explore wasn't alone lol. Hmm thats true. It's rare for someone to remember how exactly to spell someone's name unless they were very close to them. Hmm this woman that Kei meets at the location of Souma's death sure is funny. Hmm so through his words along this woman came up with the thought that Soma may have committed suicide eh. Quite perceptive of her. Hmm a kit kat has that kind of effect eh. Still it does look like that thanks to that talk with that woman and the response from the bureau Kei's trust in the reset ability is back though i do get the feeling that he doesn't completely trust it like before. Every action whether they are special or not will have an effect on someone which can either be good or bad. But no one but god can know whether this will be a good thing or a bad thing. In the end we can only do what we think is right i guess. Every action that we do has an effect on the future of something thats a fact that is undeniable. Words from one's heart is always one that is true and something that most people can tell. Though Kei is afraid that the reset ability will hurt others unintentionally he's also conscious of the fact that it can also help others as well. Weighting the pros and cons of using it though i guess is part of the burden of using powers.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
Asaki Kei is Blaming himself for using the reset ability that aused Souma's death but Haruki thinks that she's also the cause of it...
lol Kitkat & Koala March...too much japanese imported products huh...
4/5.

Jul 20, 2017 3:26 PM

Oct 2012
Should have been probably better if this was episode 3 from the start, would fix some of my problems with this series.. although I understand why they put that here as it reminds us most of the relevant points for the next episode.

But man, what an improvement in animation and VA direction department. They finally incorporated some chracter emotions and inner monologues and they did great. And whole episode also flowed a lot better.
In fact, this series gets better and better with time, that's good.

Wonder how they meet Sumire... but it would be probably through that dusk sea-shore protograph taken.
Sep 1, 2017 2:09 PM

Sep 2015
Kei shares the same ideals as the Emiyas from the Fate series.
Oct 19, 2017 6:29 AM

Jan 2014
oh,, a flashback after Sumire's Suicide.

and we got Kit Kat cameo here, as well as their catchphrase. :))
Oct 21, 2017 9:30 AM
Nov 2012
You have to wonder "How much did Kit Kat paid to sponsor this episode because that was some hardcore product placement"
Oct 12, 2018 2:25 PM
Sep 2015
Eat a Kit Kat everytime someone says "reset"
I swear the phrase RISETO is still ringing in my ears.
Weak episode, too much dialogue
Oct 4, 2019 8:24 PM

May 2017
To make someone happy you have to hurt someone else...last time i heard that was in madoka magica, if story realy goes that way, should be a good one
Well nothing better than madoka magica XD

"Have a break, have a kit kat"
Wonder if they realy sponsored the thing, they only said "have a break" and kito kato , even the kit kat wasnt the same color
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 2, 2022 10:53 PM

Jan 2020
I'm not sure how effective this method of storytelling is. These random stories that jump backwards aren't well placed. Like, this episode being what it is as episode 9 isn't any more impactful than if it had just been episode 3 instead. Going back and telling us that Kei and Haruki were unable to use the Reset ability after we've already gone through two other arcs where they could use that ability defeats the purpose. We already know they overcame that wall, and showing us that after already showing us further ahead is just redundant at this point.

That being said, I did find Sasane amusing. She just goes around combating suicide with fences and Kit Kat bars. I hope we get to see some more of her later.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 26, 2022 2:49 PM

Mar 2019
I liked this episode a lot despite being a flashback. We even got to meet an interesting character thanks to this!

It's finally here, the third part of the first arc!! It might be the best episode so far. I'm guessing he'll use the photo. Sumire's line at the end gave me chills.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.