Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was quite a dramatic reunion. Nino still recalls all the time she remembers from her past. How nostologic.

At least Alice was being honest this episode. I think seeing her again with Momo really gave them a sense of connection. Nino looked great in her red outfit imo this episode. Seems that she has better confidence since her talk with Momo until the end.

What a kiss!
Stark700May 30, 2017 7:38 AM
May 30, 2017 7:28 AM

Nov 2007
Momo still ignores her, and Yuzu, now realized who he is, is not so friendly anymore.

As suggested by his manager, Momo decided to talk to her. He apologized to her about various things including the audition and he confessed to her. "The sign" thing was his "like" and that he has someone else he likes. Twinkle Little Star sung together. She had no choice but to say she used to love him, too, but in truth she still loves him.

She doesn't carry his guitar anymore.

Yuzu thinks his heart is broken (she smiles to hide her sadness, though) and decided to remain her friend.

At first, she sang well when recording Canariya, but she keeps thinking about what happened and got worse. After hearing that, Yuzu kissed her.
tsubasaloverMay 30, 2017 9:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2017 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
That was some reunion. Momo doesn't like Nino anymore, but she still likes him no matter how much he refuses her. She tried to sing in the studio, but couldn't continue because she can't get over the fact that Momo likes someone else and that she still likes him. That kiss from Yuzu though.
May 30, 2017 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Momo initially ignored Nino but it was nice that he came around and both him and Nino finally had a little talk. Momo doesn't have feelings for Nino anymore but looks like Nino still does but she decides to lie that she doesn't. :(
Momo also seems to indirectly hint that he has feelings for the woman she stays with. If this does end up being true, I really hope Nino and Yuzu get together.

It's nice to see Nino smile often. :)

Yuzu sure got angry when he was explaining the situation to the other two. xDD

The recording was going well till Nino's emotions got the better of her, that ending kiss though. :3
May 30, 2017 9:11 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode, didn't expect the kiss tho.
Jesus i have to wait another week... god bless Tuesdays
May 30, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2016
I don't think Momo likes other person other than Nino.. Maybe he said that because it's his way to protect his music or something but idk
However, I really hope that Nino starts looking at Yuzu differently now that he kissed her.. I'm secretly rooting for him to win her heart
May 30, 2017 12:40 PM

Feb 2016
if after this Nino doesn't see Yuzu as how he want her to look at him, I will punch her in her head XD come on, Yuzu deserves it, after all, Momo has been a coward all this time and being a bitch agains't Nino. It's about time she realized that tho, would be really sad for Yuzu if after all this time, he still becomes "Friend A"
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 30, 2017 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
Stark700 said:

What a kiss!

I secretly Fangirled to that (don't tell anyone)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 30, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Yuzu looked more manly the whole episode *o* I was rooting for Momo at first... but damn that kiss!
May 30, 2017 1:22 PM

Jun 2016
Just watched this episodes, i'm still not sure if i liked it or not....
But i swear this.was.the.fckin.first.time (in a while) i cursed out an anime character that much. Ahhh
I screamed at my screen, like why Yuzu whyyyy, how, from any point of view would that improve Ninos situation?!? Argh this is frustrating....
May 30, 2017 1:22 PM
Oct 2016
Nice episode

I didn't expect this

Yuzu says "I'll be your friend" and after Kiss her

That's really awesome :3
May 30, 2017 2:01 PM

Mar 2017
Finally they kissed! xD
May 30, 2017 2:48 PM

Nov 2016
I wonder, if Momo really has someone else or if it was just made up, to keep Nino at distance.

Yuzu going for the kiss, was quite the bold move.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 2:53 PM

Dec 2016
OH
MY
GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
THEY KISSED
THEY KISSED
THEY KISSED
FINALLY YES MY SHIP HAS SAILED MOMO YOU CAN LEAVE BUT YUZU AND ALICE IS FINALLY A THING
IM SO HAPPY
IM SO SO SO HAPPY
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
May 30, 2017 3:56 PM

Jan 2014
Was waiting for this! <3 I love how this was implemented. Alice had me there for a moment, with her pouring her heart out and ugly scream crying.

The characters aren't gullible about their own feelings like in most shoujo manga. That's a huge plus.

I'm disappointed that they didn't show the lolita-ish dress that she had in the manga but rather just the outfit she had before in a different color scheme, I was looking forward to seeing the beautiful dress instead. I suppose the blazer + skirt just easier to draw though.
May 30, 2017 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
Am I a genius ? Bcs I expected Yuzu to kiss Nino. Still, that was awesome. He stole her first kiss, Momo will kill the little shrimp once he knows about it. Can't wait to see Nino's reaction. And wait a sec. Didn't he friendzoned himself and said he wanted just to be her friend ?
Anyway, great episode.
May 30, 2017 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
NINO X YUZU , screw momo

btw anyone knows the name of the song that usually is on the background, example is at 9.30, i really like it
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 30, 2017 4:50 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sugaminny said:
I screamed at my screen, like why Yuzu whyyyy, how, from any point of view would that improve Ninos situation?!? Argh this is frustrating....
(LOL) Most guys aren't able to think straight when they are in lustlove. I'm sure he was thinking "I need to get her to calm down, distract her somehow..."
May 30, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2017
Well, that was quite the roller coaster. I was worried that Yuzu and Momo may have gone at each other. I am so glad they didn't.

I think Momo is lying and he still likes/loves Nino.

I think Yuzu's kiss will be brushed off. As much as I want to like Nino, She is a bit of an air head. So she probably won't realize what that kiss means to Yuzu. I hope I'm wrong.

Lastly, am I the only one who yelled no! when she started up with the Twinkle twinkle little star again? ugh!
May 30, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2016
So Nino lied to Momo for the first time ever? Cool
How do we know Momo isn't lying either? I hope so, team Momo all the way still.
But Yuzu... I'll give you your props, you made the push and I dig it... I guess.
May 30, 2017 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Oona_Shea said:
Well, that was quite the roller coaster. I was worried that Yuzu and Momo may have gone at each other. I am so glad they didn't.

I think Momo is lying and he still likes/loves Nino.

I think Yuzu's kiss will be brushed off. As much as I want to like Nino, She is a bit of an air head. So she probably won't realize what that kiss means to Yuzu. I hope I'm wrong.

Lastly, am I the only one who yelled no! when she started up with the Twinkle twinkle little star again? ugh!

You also could hear me yelling NOOOOOOO!!!

I think you are right, she may be too air head to realize what happened.

It was a fun episode. I think that anime is getting better.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
May 30, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:

What a kiss!

I PUMPED MY FIST AND SCREAMED.

THANK YOU LORD. XD

May 30, 2017 10:49 PM

Mar 2016
I'm just gonna say it...GOOD 4 Yuzu! Things seem to be intensifying as the love tensions become evident to everyone involved and even though Momo says he no longer loves Nino I think he is hiding his true feelings for her. I can't wait to see how they progress the plot from here.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 30, 2017 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting kiss scene, always ending on cliffhangers. Don't know what her reaction will be, maybe just shock.
May 31, 2017 7:34 AM

Jul 2016
dang! that kiss, the ED playing at last scene made it better

go for team Yuzu
May 31, 2017 7:53 AM
Nov 2016
Omg Episode 8! Omg! 😱😱 it left me completely speechless and such cliffhangers…. Dramatic and very unexpected reunion. The holding hand made me bite my lips but i did liked the little talk and the singing warmed my heart as i sang along hahah <3 But Momos said he doesn't like Nino, Mark my word he's gonna regret his chose. We all know he does.

The Episode was kinda sad but still OH MY GOD, YASSSSS YUZU!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Am i the only one who was jump on my bad and screaming YES!?!? Finally taking the initiative and being assertive. #ManlyYuzu But still Nino is as dense as they come! I just hope that Nino takes him seriously and not just brush him of 😭😖

It's amazing how their happiness is so connected to each other! Like someone is gonna end up a bit said if the if someone is happy. kinda deep. Love does effect how you feel everyday! One minute happy, second sad just byt one words. Crazy but true. ❤️❤️ Ohh so sad everyone is pain deep inside and they want to scream their feelings like a canary but they cage their feelings (as you do). I wish it end in a way that makes them truly happy. Ohhh I love everything about this show!!! 🤗
May 31, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2016
Quick fan theory... Does Momo ship Nino X Yuzu?
Think about it, Momo playing the bad guy to push Yuzu to comfort Nino. He said that "This is it" to Yuzu too. I was hoping it wasn't so because I'm all team Momo, but I can respect this, Momo trying to move on.
The sad part being that he's probably confusing the motherly love of his manager because his actual mom is the absolute worst. But, this is all nuts my opinion for now.
May 31, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
My god what a mess
I like the contradiction in Yuzu, "I'll be your friend" and then he kisses her haha
THAT WAS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS BUT I DON'T MIND! TEAM YUZU FOREVA!
May 31, 2017 11:01 AM

Jun 2016
Cratex said:
Sugaminny said:
(LOL) Most guys aren't able to think straight when they are in lustlove. I'm sure he was thinking "I need to get her to calm down, distract her somehow..."

I'm not a guy in love (or lust) so i can't relate, but i get what you mean... The whole thing just seems soo off, and doesn't really fit my impression of Yuzus character.
I know they simply HAD to kiss soon, but in that situation and context it just really seemed out of character to me.
but whateva

Anyone else agree?
May 31, 2017 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Eh that kiss... as a supporter of Momo, it didn't sat quite well with me.
But still at this point, I can't figure out who'll be the end guy. But looking at the flow of the things until now, 80% odds are in Yuzu's favor imo.
May 31, 2017 4:22 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sugaminny said:
I know they simply HAD to kiss soon, but in that situation and context it just really seemed out of character to me.
but whateva

Anyone else agree?
I'm not a good judge of character so I can't say one way or another (most of the time), but I have seen good arguments presented that an uninvited kiss is potentially rude. And in any case, as you said, it's hard to determine how he thought it would help, which is how I judged that scene. On the other hand, we all make mistakes. It will be interesting to see how Nino reacts.
May 31, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
Momo, you idiot, just tell her the truth, what's bothering you and what's your dream (although then we wouldn't have the rest of anime :))
May 31, 2017 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
I'M
SO
TORN
APART
RIGHT
NOW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm happy they kissed but it was not a "happy" kiss, so yep.
I just watch this to get me frustrated I guess.

It would be so so so so much more interesting if Momo actually likes someone else and just treasure Nino as a friend and respect her for her voice.
But, let's be honest, that is probably not gonna happen lol

Oona_Shea said:

Nope. I yelled and muted that part XD

@Sugaminny
Yeah, about the kiss, that was a total mistake from Yuzu's part. I can understand why he did it, going by the episode and all those feelings he was bottling up, BUT, it is not going to help him. It is not that Nino is going to be "Oh, I was just here crying because of another dude but now I love you because you kissed me" lol
And yeah, an unrequerited kiss can be REALLY RUDE and I would not hold against Nino if she was legitimately mad...she is too naive for that I guess tho XD
taynisMay 31, 2017 5:39 PM

May 31, 2017 6:32 PM

Feb 2011
FinalFlash18 said:
Eh that kiss... as a supporter of Momo, it didn't sat quite well with me.
But still at this point, I can't figure out who'll be the end guy. But looking at the flow of the things until now, 80% odds are in Yuzu's favor imo.

I agree: Yuku did that out of Nino's consent, he's shouldn't have done that without thinking about Nino's feelings first- he should be thinking about Nino concern before he went and do that. -_- As a Momo support myself, I don't like what happened either but then again, the way I'm seeing most likely Yuzu will have the endgame with Nino by the end of the manga- so i guess to most fans it's perfectly normal for the guy to steal the girl's first kiss towards the guy who she's going to end up with anyways: even though she doesn't love him yet at this moment ( she needs to sort out of her feelings for Momo before she can move on: Yuzu forced a kiss on her before doing so which is not right).

I'm surprise no one here mentioned about Momo x Nino moment they had in this episode ( I know almost no one ships them together, but I do): I have to say it's sweet and yet tragic: why Momo has to lie to himself saying that he only liked Nino from the past ( not her current self)- I understand what he's getting at, since he change in the past six years he assume Nino did too: they are no longer the same people when they were children: where they lives were happy and no worries- saying that is his way from keeping distant from her: but she also lied to him as well, saying the same thing. I wonder what Momo meant where he says in likes someone else: most likely he just said that so Nino will keep distant from him so there's no one else ( or could it be what he meant is the current Nino where she's challenging him in regards to music business and will carry out promise they made as children saying using her voice as the guide to link them together- therefore, he still needs to understand and know more of the current Nino before he's certain about his affections- so for now he's keeping it in suspense for Nino). The part after that where I got happy to see, I really love the scene where they both sang "twinkle little star" together is so sweet and nostalgic for them, on the way out Nino hold Momo's hand and he hold on to hers, SO CUTE!!!!!!! <3
sweetangieMay 31, 2017 6:44 PM
Jun 1, 2017 3:41 AM

May 2016
-"I will be your friend"
- 2 seconds later he kissed her
- Guide how to escape from friendzone by Yuzu
Jun 1, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
Honestly, its so sad that Yuzu kisses her. Remember when they were children? He sang for the last time in order to stop her from crying, but he no longer can do so. All he wants is for her to sing. So he doesn't know any other way to stop her from crying. If I were Yuzu, I would prob. be crying so hard.

Jun 2, 2017 12:28 AM

Jun 2016
taynis said:

@Sugaminny
Yeah, about the kiss, that was a total mistake from Yuzu's part. I can understand why he did it, going by the episode and all those feelings he was bottling up, BUT, it is not going to help him. It is not that Nino is going to be "Oh, I was just here crying because of another dude but now I love you because you kissed me" lol
And yeah, an unrequerited kiss can be REALLY RUDE and I would not hold against Nino if she was legitimately mad...she is too naive for that I guess tho XD

Yeah exactly it's such a huge mistake, Yuzu did with the kiss and it doesn't make sense at all...
Nino should totally get mad at him! But i bet she won't and that's total bullshit to me :'((ahhhh
Jun 2, 2017 8:15 PM

Mar 2016
OMG that kiss in the end!! So much yes!
TheExplorer said:
Honestly, its so sad that Yuzu kisses her. Remember when they were children? He sang for the last time in order to stop her from crying, but he no longer can do so. All he wants is for her to sing. So he doesn't know any other way to stop her from crying.

This! My heart </3

Alice needs to realize that Momo has only been a jerk and wake up to the fact that Yuzu is willing to sacrifice his own smile for her's. He already sacrificed his voice for her :( It's too bad that Momo will probably be her choice in the end...
BlondieJun 2, 2017 8:21 PM
Jun 2, 2017 10:24 PM

Jan 2012
See. Ya'll are thinking Yuzu kissed her because he wanted to make her like him or some shit.

He had no other way to stop her like he did 6 years ago. When shes hysterical, SHE IS HYSTERICAL. Last time he could sing for her but now his singing voice is gone so all he could do to stop her was kiss her.

He didnt think about it. It was a reaction to the situation and Nino will probably be upset/confused or understand why he did it to help her (cause she naive as fuck). I dont think it'll make her like him in an intimate way.

Yuzu I feel cares for Nino so much more than Momo does so I'm gonna be real sad if she ends up with Momo :/
Jun 3, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, kiss happens and it is between Yuzu and Nino.

A good episode tbh, thou kinda get irritated by Momo.
I like this anime more and more as new episode come out. It's underrated coz of how bad some first episodes.

And still I feel really sad for Yuzu ;-;.
Jun 3, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
i'd never kiss the girl i like just because she's cryin', i'd just hug her to comfort her, Yuzu did kiss her but I think that's not a good move...
Nino still stubborn singing kira-kira shit.
Nino breaking down was awesome!
4/5.

Jun 4, 2017 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
Momo is such a liar! He still in love! But I believe his mom just want him for money and this makes him afraid to get together with Nino...and Yuzu knows they both love each other, but he don't want to lose Nino, so he kissed her!!! Surprise!
Jun 4, 2017 9:00 AM
Jan 2016
IT FINALLY HAPPENED MY BOY DID IT BUT I'M SO SAD AT THE SAME TIME because it wasn't the best time to do this he just wanted to stop Alice from crying MY BABY 😭😭😭
He just wants to be her friend he's heartbroken CAN YOU HEAR ME CRYING ?????
Why the second lead in shoujo always lose ???? I'm tired of that 😧😧😧
I hope from the very bottom of my heart that Yuzu will win in the end at least give him a happy ending because he deserves so much better
He wants to protect her smile I'M DEAD 😢😢😢
Can't wait for next episode I want to see Nino's reaction I bet she will be mad at him or perhaps she won't understand because she's stupid as fuck
Jun 5, 2017 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
The ending hit me like a truck, that was amazing. Her screams touched my soul.
Jun 9, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one that finds Nino annoying? :/
Jul 13, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2007
What an ending. A kiss. Nino really is scary when she cries out loud.
Jul 20, 2017 5:00 PM

Jun 2015
Huh.. that kiss.. That's one heck of a way to be her friend, Yuzu.
Aug 30, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
It happeneeeddddd
Oct 25, 2017 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Up to this point I definitely felt Yuzu's been such a beta, but that was a bold move by him at the end there!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 25, 2018 8:35 PM

May 2013
Yuzu's been there for Alice time and again whenever Momo breaks her. He just HAS to win the canary Dx

I'm glad he kissed her-- I can't stand crying ahhahaa x'D and I also wanted my bby to be happie ;A; I really hope he catches her. Sorry, Momo :X your time has expired.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

93 by niccochis »»
Feb 7, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

57 by ChukyBird »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Who should win Nino's heart?

bittersweetlove - Jun 4, 2017

39 by Jhenjhenmarine »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

164 by Sarakitteh »»
May 31, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

49 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 22, 2023 1:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.