Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 6, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh I like the mind games going on between Todoroki and Deku this episode. Not surprised they spent a good portion of the episode developing this rivalry.

They also revealed the lineup for the first rounds of the fights.
Hoping they won't drag some of the earlier ones as I'm more excited for the latere rounds. Decent episode I guess.
May 6, 2017 1:57 AM

Jan 2012
Continuing with our two tense conversations, at last we finally hear Todoroki's backstory. We learn what motivates him. After some more probing into Deku's relationship with All Might that is. Which makes sense really, considering how for Todoroki it all revolves around Endeavor, his father. He may be the No. 2 hero, but he's also a power hungry douchebag! Forcing a woman to marry him for her quirk, hoping to produce a child that could surpass All Might. Douchebag might not be strong enough of a word really, more like monster! Poor Todoroki, with scars of the past involving his broken mother it's no wonder he strives to win without using the power he received from his father. Izuku's not about to let him have his way though! He's had help from too many people to let them down now! Very well said Deku! All is not entirely serious however as, thankfully, Kaminari and Mineta trick Momo into making cheerleader outfits for the girls of 1-A! Oh yeah! :D I'm partial to Momo and Uraraka, but really they all look good! :D
With that fun out of the way we have the final event of the sports festival: a one-on-one fighting tournament! Always gotta have at least one, right? It's tradition! :D Pretty standard rules too, but who will fight who? Aw crap, my girl Uraraka got paired off against Bakugo?! Damnit...well, I'll be rooting for ya girl! :D Also looks like young Midoriya has a chance of facing Todoroki...assuming they each get through the first round! Thanks for the ring Cementoss! :D Loved the little pep talk between Deku and All Might before his match. 5% eh? Hopefully it'll be enough. Well, it was fairly ominous how Ojiro felt the need to dropout at least partly because of Shinso, Izuku's opponent. And he even warned Deku about him, but why? What is Shinso's mysterious ability?
animefan8800May 6, 2017 2:50 AM
May 6, 2017 1:57 AM

Jun 2014
I need my weekly dose of Bnha! Great episode. I've been waiting for such a long time to see Endevoar animated, his flames are super cool. The talk between Todoroki and Deku was really cool. OST was very nice and subtle, but powerful, it really is fantastic.

Tailboy scene was great until it got cheesy at the end, the soundtrack playing there was awesome.
I wonder if they'll extend some of the fights that were skipped in the manga. I really liked the panning shots for Deku and Shinsou at the end. Deku fell for it.
:3
May 6, 2017 2:46 AM

Dec 2014
The more the story progresses the more Endevour looks like a villain, rather than a hero. Todoroki's story is just another proof that all he cares about is strength, not how it's used. I wouldn't be surprised if he switched sides at some point. All he cares about is to be the strongest; so it's only a matter of which side can provide him a way to obtain that rank.
May 6, 2017 3:01 AM

Mar 2016
AHHHH WHY IS THIS SUCH A GOOD SHOW
May 6, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Good to get some time to relax before 1v1 battles.
LOL "Secret love child". Woah Todoroki's Mum threw boiling water onto his face. That is tragic.

The Class A girls look great in cheerleader outfits.
Cool to hear Kendo speak more. Those giant arms holding Monoma was funny.

Deku vs Shinsou. Damn Deku falling into his trap.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 6, 2017 3:09 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 6, 2017 3:14 AM

Sep 2011
Very slow episode. Felt one piece like slow almost lol. At least the tournament finally starts.
May 6, 2017 3:17 AM

Oct 2015
This week we get an in-between break episode before the one-on-one tourny starts. The Todoroki and Midoriya talk was well animated, especially with the trees moving in the background (good job Bones!), but everything else was average to sub par with some models being way off. No matter, it was not much of an uneventful episode. Things should pick up from here on. Can't wait for next week.

The ending changed to the girls wearing their summer uniforms. That was a nice touch. The key animators really seem to be enjoying working on the show. I've noticed some great attention to detail.
May 6, 2017 3:21 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm I think the episode played out too fast, I wanted to see the tournament start about halfway in the episode but anyway.
Damn this Shinso guy's quirk seems really powerful... I'm worried by the preview, will Deku lose?
Todoroki-kun has a dark backstory... it was great.
May 6, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, lot of buildup but the presentation was excellent.

That conversation between Todoroki and Deku at the beginning was great, absolutely amazing use of OST. I have nothing but praise for the way they use the soundtrack to make all these simple conversations so powerful.
We get a little look into Todoroki's past and what's driving him to aim for the best, Endeavour is pretty much obsessed with beating All Might to the extent he is willing to use his own son to prove he's superior. There's gonna be more on this soon and I can't wait to see it adapted. :D

I got hyped as hell when the intro to 'You Say Run' started playing, like the violin parts especially. Was awesome to see Deku not back down from Todoroki after hearing his story.

Class 1-A girls in the cheerleader outfits. <3 Jirou's blushing was the best if only we had gotten a Momo blush along with it. XD
Cheers Mineta and Kaminari, you guys are the real heroes. XD

The tournament match-ups finally get announced, Ojiro and a class B guy pull out because of their pride and I guess that's acceptable.

Loved the final conversation between Deku and All Might, really love how All Might supports him.
I honestly love the way they use flashbacks in BnHA, they really bring out the context that's being spoken while also adding flair to what might have just been a plain conversation. Great job Bones. :D

Deku vs Shinso begins and what's this Deku's been trapped by Shinso's ability, how's he gonna get out?
There was a little change in the ED, was it suppose to mean Summer or something I don't know. xD

Anyway, bring on the next episode. I'm hyped!
Plus Ultra!
May 6, 2017 3:22 AM

Apr 2016
for those complaining about the animation if this episode with character models being off it is because the episode was outsourced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 3:26 AM

Jan 2015
Lots of appearances of the "introspecting while staring at raised palm/fist" trope this episode, that's nice. Though I wish we got more of the tournament than just the bracket.

It sounded like new music during the first half, but I don't know. Really sold the scene.
(Though I was ready for the illegitamete child line, it became "secret love child" instead, rip Midoriya)

Itsuka's getting cuter every episode.

Edit: Slow episode but I still like it. The two halves go well together, introducing the #2 hero as a complete abusive douchebag and then segueing into a fight with someone whose deceptive Quirk is more suitable for a villain.
PartyuMay 6, 2017 4:05 PM
May 6, 2017 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
I can't believe Deku replied to him right away, Of course they won't let him lose like that.

If his opponent's powers are what they seem to be then he's just a normal person as long as you don't reply to what he says. Of course Deku is easy to provoke so the fight can be dragged out longer then what it should be.
May 6, 2017 3:44 AM

Nov 2014
i was expecting this eps to end at that point, since the titles says it all, this eps is mainly focused on todoroki, not the fight.
can't wait to see more of shinsou, he's my fav character in this series, and i hope next eps will be well-animated. not sure if i like his voice or not, sometimes it fits, sometimes it seems too old and off.
also, uraraka/bakugou! that's the best part of this arc! absolutely can't wait!

i don't remember seeing this scene in the manga. is it anime original? it truly fits him though, perverse...LMAO
monoma really does need someone like kendou to hold him tightly in her hands so he doesn't roam around causing trouble and insulting others (though it's fun to watch him getting the shorter end of the stick)

ttcchenMay 6, 2017 3:52 AM
May 6, 2017 3:55 AM

Nov 2015
Meh.
Fanservice/training manga filler.

Deku will probably win again.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 6, 2017 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
Calm episode before we get 1 vs 1 battle...

- Bakugo heard Deku and Todoroki conversation was nice touch.
- Kaminari and mineta... that was really nice idea...
- Momo look more cute in each episode, and LOL at her face when she knew that she gonna face tokoyami.
- Uraraka vs Bakugo? WTF? can't wait to see it.
- kirishima vs steel guy may be hilarious
- Kendo from class B was definitely nice and cool girl or strange? hope to see her more next time

- it look like purple guy from class D has control mind ability? But for how long? and is there a way to break it?
May 6, 2017 4:09 AM

Sep 2014
nurBAW said:
Calm episode before we get 1 vs 1 battle...

- Bakugo heard Deku and Todoroki conversation was nice touch.
- Kaminari and mineta... that was really nice idea...
- Momo look more cute in each episode, and LOL at her face when she knew that she gonna face tokoyami.
- Uraraka vs Bakugo? WTF? can't wait to see it.
- kirishima vs steel guy may be hilarious
- Kendo from class B was definitely nice and cool girl or strange? hope to see her more next time

- it look like purple guy from class D has control mind ability? But for how long? and is there a way to break it?

Bakugou vs Uraraka will be lit af
May 6, 2017 4:10 AM
Jan 2016
" the secret love child of all might" this line gave me a lot of laugh.
May 6, 2017 4:11 AM

Jan 2015
You can't do this to me. I hate cliffhangers ;-;
May 6, 2017 4:12 AM

Dec 2015
Midoriya can be such a stupid fuck sometimes...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 6, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
Cool episode. Secret love child part made me lol
May 6, 2017 4:21 AM

Jan 2016
alpha_shadow said:
I need my weekly dose of Bnha!

We all do lmao! 24 weeks of BHNA (Half a year) is life! The rest of the year will be hard.......
May 6, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2016
Purple hair guy looks creepy. He is really interesting character.
May 6, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
lol even Todoroki is suspicious of All Might and Midoriya connection

and All Might says Midoriya is only using 5% of the power of One For All
May 6, 2017 4:29 AM

Aug 2013
Liked the character development in this episode. We found out why Todoroki doesn't use his other half.

Mineta never fails to amuse me.

May 6, 2017 5:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Eighth-finals matches was strangers!!!
Uraraka and Midoriya had the worst rival!!!
Todoroki, and his sad story, when his mother crushed hot water on the head was ....:/
May 6, 2017 5:30 AM
Nov 2015
Ok episode. Don't see why Todoroki's 'backstory' gets so much praise, its hardly fleshed out or developed at the moment.
May 6, 2017 5:35 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode

-Sad backstory of todoroki, Endeavor's design looks really cool but the man is a plain douche to me. for him to force marry someone just for the sake of surpassing all might is nasty. No wonder Todo despises him so much.
- yeah that love child comment from shouto is funny!
-Looks like kachann heard their conversation.
-Speaking of kachann... WTF is he doing??? XD
-Mineta... you cunning little shit! haha! well atlst we get to see the girls in cheerleading outfit
-Momo look really good and sexy in that outfit!
-Kirishima vs Tetsu Tetsu!
-Uraraka vs Bakugou! can't wait to see this!
-and Deku's in troubleee... next ep is the continuation of Shinsou vs Deku!
QueenSapphireMay 6, 2017 8:15 PM
May 6, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
Secret love child? Sorry Todoroki, but you're well off the mark with that assumption. XD

The episode's pace felt slower, but even then, it had many gripping moments. Todoroki's talk with Midoriya did reveal just how much of an ass Endevour is. For someone who's only reason for having a child is to surpass All Might, I'm not surprised that he would be hated by Todoroki. Plus, his mother went through a lot of stress during his childhood that she even threw scolding hot water on him. Damn.....

For a number two hero, Endevour is kinda painting himself as a villain already. Seeing him shrug off All Might's attempts to have a nice chat together makes me want to punch him in the face. =/

So, the knockout tournaments has just begun and Midoriya is already in a bind. Shinso taunted him about Ojiro, which made Midoriya react pretty angrily. Sadly, he fell for Shinso's mind control-like quirk, so I'm hoping he'll snap out of it, otherwise he can forget about battling Todorki altogether.

Two things about the girls of Class 1-A. First, the cheerleader outfits they were tricked into wearing look really nice on them. =3

Second, was them wearing their summer uniform in the end credits. Interesting change to be honest, even though we're only in early May right now.

Overall, this was an insightful episode that was intriguing and very well executed as always. =)
May 6, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2010
Strengthening quirks with marriage, is it fire emblem or wut. Okay, I know the concept itself isn't limited to fire emblem, but ye I was still reminded of Fire Emblem where the 2nd generation is overpowered as compared to 1st generation 'cause of good genes (tho that depends on what ur pair-ups are)

Wow Midoriya that was extremely stupid of you. You just got told that you shouldn't answered that purple-haired guy and yet you gave in to his trap way too easily. I am disappointed. Extra-disappointed 'cause he's the smart-type.
May 6, 2017 5:47 AM

Aug 2015
The episode was enjoyable. Finally the round of 16 will start and the matchups look interesting.
May 6, 2017 5:49 AM

Jun 2014
The one-on-one matches are finally underway, and Deku has already dug himself into a hole by responding to Shinsou, even though Ojiro warned him not to. I'm excited for the rest of this fight along with all the others.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2017 6:20 AM

Jan 2011
I saw some people whining that this episode was bad all because there wasn't any action. Sigh....I get sick of people just wanting nonstop action without setup. I am they setup things first before moving forward. It is gonna be interesting seeing the first round matchups. I am wondering how they'll do Ochako vs. Bakugo. Really hope no one get jobs out here and they try and make everyone look strong.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 6, 2017 6:30 AM
Apr 2017
todoroki's backstory is too dark. i'm really sorry that i keep on wanting him to use his left quirk but i wont anymore (just a bit tho haha)

i really liked how midoriya accepeted his challenge and how bakugo heard the whole things. good rivalry.

totally waiting for bakugo vs uraraka

mind games on midoriya vs shinso next week!
May 6, 2017 6:33 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
(Looll don't mind me, weeb coming thru.. also haven't seen Manga spoilers so ye, I'm clueless.)

OMG TODOROKI MY SON.....

He's so beautiful and I just cannot okay? Okay. Like dude how can you be such a beautiful person :') He's just amazing and I love him and I'm just throwing him into a ship with Kacchan and Deku because ot3 and yaoi and who even cares anymore leave me to my yaoi...

On another note thou, omg Endeavor is an ass, LOL. You don't need that guy Todoroki, but dude you should totally use your fire... I'm hyped for if you do...

Kacchan was totally listening in on his boyfriends (LEAVE ME ALONE THIS IS MY OT3 OKAY) and I was casually screaming like you do... (I'm sorry I'm weeby trashhhh)

Honestly thou I've never seen him look so calm LOL.

I LITERALLY JUST NEED IZUKU TO BEAT SHINSO AND THEN MY GAY SONS CAN FIGHT (because it's pretty obvious Todoroki will win his...right?.. I hope he does LOL)

But omg please I need this fight more than I need another series of Tokyo Ghoul.... I've been itching for a fight betwen these two, or Izuku with Kacchan, since that whole 'I'll beat you' thingy part in the classroom. I am literally dying with anticipation for them to fight.

Also, I feel sorry for Uraraka like so much.. I don't see how that fight is going to really go in her favour, but you never know, it might be interesting? Who knows...

Why is Shinso really attractive but has a really horrible personality? Like from what I can tell he isn't going to be a nice person... but cmon why does he have to be so damn hot???? This is cruel to my poor heart.
May 6, 2017 6:42 AM

May 2016
So, Todoroki's backstory involves not only a shit dad, but we also got a mother who pours boiling water over his face now.

Genuinely makes me feel like Izuku could basically win a fight by hugging the guy and inviting him to go out for drinks.
May 6, 2017 6:48 AM
Aug 2016
Man OH MAN!!! THE EPISODE ENDED BEFORE I KNEW IT! And it left off at a huge cliffhanger!!!! I GOT TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK FOR THIS. R.I.P
May 6, 2017 6:49 AM
Aug 2016
Specimen021 said:
So, Todoroki's backstory involves not only a shit dad, but we also got a mother who pours boiling water over his face now.

Genuinely makes me feel like Izuku could basically win a fight by hugging the guy and inviting him to go out for drinks.

I don't want to spoil anything, but your wrong if you think her mom is horrible :P
May 6, 2017 6:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And with that, we got the backstory that solidified why I love Todoroki and why even now he's still tied for my favorite character next to BakuGOAT

I see that a lot of people has certain feelings about his mum atm but all I can say now is to keep watching and hold off on your opinions atm because there's a lot more to her and this story

But yeah, this episode was handled really well and the music most of all enhanced every single scene which was too awesome.....Next week is Shinsou hypu so I can't wait :D And props to Kaminari and Mineta for the deception with the girls xD Dem "Momos" thooooooooooooooo
TokoyaMay 6, 2017 7:04 AM
May 6, 2017 7:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TragicRomance said:
Strengthening quirks with marriage, is it fire emblem or wut. Okay, I know the concept itself isn't limited to fire emblem, but ye I was still reminded of Fire Emblem where the 2nd generation is overpowered as compared to 1st generation 'cause of good genes (tho that depends on what ur pair-ups are)

Wow Midoriya that was extremely stupid of you. You just got told that you shouldn't answered that purple-haired guy and yet you gave in to his trap way too easily. I am disappointed. Extra-disappointed 'cause he's the smart-type.
He baited Izuku in the best way possible

Shinsou might not look it at times, but he's pretty smart himself and VERY crafty because of his quirk
May 6, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2015
Highlight of the episode was definitely Shouto's backstory. A very strong moment along with the OST.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode. Looks like Deku just screwed himself over right at the beginning....

May 6, 2017 7:18 AM

May 2016
To be honest, I'm going full details but not particularly telling too much about the whole episode.

1. There was lot of questions about Hitoshi's Quirk apparently, and we get to see
by Hitoshi's 'Mysterious Quirk'. Even it was told he is general studies and it MAY tell us that he is learning the student's Quirks to another maybe, but who knows. Regardless, let's say here, I can tell this ending was 'proper' cliffhanger and we still have to wait for the next episode.

2. Shouto has finally tell his backstory about his Quirks which is 'Half-Cold Half-Hot' In case if you pay attention where Shouto released his Quirk to his left arm from the previous episode: "Cavalry Battle Finale" I was always thinking and thought about Endeavor. We know Shouto's mother Quirk is ICE was well, but his mother tried to stop by using [spoiler] boiling water to poured on Shouto's left arm but it didn't manage to stop it and he basically said that he picked a fight with Izukai to show Endeavor: "Without using my damn old man's Quirk..." Thus, we know he is only using his right arm (Quirk: Cold) to pick fight on Izukai and show Endeavor what he can do.

Speaking of that, I really enjoyed this episode but annoyingly, Minoru is a total idiot and particularly 'pervert'. At least who knows by the way lol.

May 6, 2017 7:22 AM

May 2016
Shiota_Nagisa_ said:
(Looll don't mind me, weeb coming thru.. also haven't seen Manga spoilers so ye, I'm clueless.)

OMG TODOROKI MY SON.....

He's so beautiful and I just cannot okay? Okay. Like dude how can you be such a beautiful person :') He's just amazing and I love him and I'm just throwing him into a ship with Kacchan and Deku because ot3 and yaoi and who even cares anymore leave me to my yaoi...

On another note thou, omg Endeavor is an ass, LOL. You don't need that guy Todoroki, but dude you should totally use your fire... I'm hyped for if you do...

Kacchan was totally listening in on his boyfriends (LEAVE ME ALONE THIS IS MY OT3 OKAY) and I was casually screaming like you do... (I'm sorry I'm weeby trashhhh)

Honestly thou I've never seen him look so calm LOL.

*giggle* Screenshot on Kissanime, so ILLGEAL. LOL (I was joking apparently)
May 6, 2017 7:38 AM
Apr 2017
juicykitten95 said:
leesunrie said:
todoroki's backstory is too dark.

they left out more details from the manga

endeavors was abusing todoroki since he was 5 and his monther was trying to protect him until abusive relationship broke her to the point she even saw todoroki as an eyesore (todorokis left eye reminded her too much of endeavors eyes)

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point

oh thanks for that. i really should read the manga sooner or later. hoping for character developments especially with todoroki. i really love the guy
May 6, 2017 7:53 AM
Nov 2015
juicykitten95 said:

endeavors was abusing todoroki since he was 5 and his monther was trying to protect him until abusive relationship broke her to the point she even saw todoroki as an eyesore (todorokis left eye reminded her too much of endeavors eyes)

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point (being a hero is a profesion after all so its logical to assume that lots of heroes are prioritizing their own ego and status instead of saving people which im sure is the motivation behind our main villain)

They did not left anything at this point, stop spoiling.
May 6, 2017 7:54 AM

May 2010
seriously you got baited by that even tho you got warned right before the match?

one could think you're throwing it.
May 6, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2013
man those where some tense conversations and not only that but Mashirao backing out. was a real shock. makes you wonder WTF is Hitoshi power.

guess we will see with episode 7

May 6, 2017 8:03 AM
Feb 2016
juicykitten95 said:
leesunrie said:
todoroki's backstory is too dark.

endeavor is abusing his position as a hero and i hope that deku will try to fight against that system at some point (being a hero is a profesion after all so its logical to assume that lots of heroes are prioritizing their own ego and status instead of saving people which im sure is the motivation behind our main villain)
I think u just spoiled about stuff that was going to be told later....
May 6, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
The more I hear the OP, the more I'm living for it... it great

Does Todoroki have to be so mean about his rivalry... like can't it be one of those friendly ones where they just are Tryna best each other. Like Todoroki and Bakugo are so harsh about and Dekus like a "peaceful" rivalry... also Endover is really trash... wow, I'm surprised. Todoroki poor mother :(

Can't wait for the next episode !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
Shoto's backstory is sad
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.