Forum Settings
Forums

manga getting axed because the anime failed to amuse japanese audience (who have shit taste)

New
Apr 21, 2017 5:14 AM

Sep 2016
this morning I checked reddit for news and stuff, I read that Keijo!!!!!!!!!!, my favorite manga that I even followed the raw releases is getting axed because the japanese audience (shit taste audience) don't really buy the anime even though the manga is doing pretty fine and Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the news this morning. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Keijo!!!!!!!!! getting axed? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the animanga industry is so shit. I want a great manga to read. I want Keijo!!!!!!!!!!!! to be top selling manga and fix this broken industry. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought it was ranked well in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine???? This is so fucked.

WTF MAN I'M HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN RIGHT NOW
GangsterCatApr 21, 2017 5:24 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2017 5:17 AM
Apr 2013
Stolen quote from reddit:

Alleged post from the author's blog (not sure if completely correct, taken from /a/):

I'm very sorry to write this but the timeline was not on my side. You see, the editor came to me last week and informed myself to increase the popularity of Keijo!!! This is not something you can do overnight. I was lost for words, as I believed we were doing fine in rankings. Today, I was informed by my editor that my manga is being removed due to the poor reception of the anime. The anime failed to make an impact, for advertising purposes, and the studio is carrying that loss because of it. It is my fault, and I am sorry. The source material should have been better and I've done a great burden. I was actually very surprised by the reception overseas. In various conversations, I was told it was greatly talked about in America. I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, but I'm sorry once again for failing. My sincerely apologies to Takahashi-san and XEBEC.

Sorayomi 空詠大智

Apr 21, 2017 5:18 AM
Jan 2016
At first I was kinda into the post, but then it became exaggerated to a silly degree and I lost all interest. Try again, I guess?
Apr 21, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought he was ranked well in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine???? This is so fucked.
When ur so mad you even assume the gender of a manga (unless you refer to the author).

Well, at least it was enjoyable. The shitpost was nice too.
Apr 21, 2017 5:22 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, you need help. Who the hell screams at their mother over such a silly thing?
Apr 21, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2017
dude dont take ur anger out on the nugs my dude, little Keijos in africa coulda eatin those...

ive been b8td, retreat!!!
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Apr 21, 2017 5:25 AM

Sep 2016
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Dude, you need help. Who the hell screams at their mother over such a silly thing?
how is keijo!!!!!!!!!! cancellation a silly thing? ???????
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 21, 2017 5:26 AM

Jan 2016
Never read an ongoing manga, if it gets axed you're fucked.
Apr 21, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2015
I feel sad for the author ...
I hope he overcomes that
Apr 21, 2017 5:28 AM

Sep 2016
Johnnyd3rp said:

still better than following Berserk and HxH, which is worse than getting axed
CrossAnge

Apr 21, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2017
The Manga won't sell due to lack of source material... so what's the point of nagging to this kind of stuff??

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----

Oct 2013
well now I know I have to buy Keijo!!!!!!!!!! no matter what when it comes to my store on DVD
how the fuck could Keijo!!!!!!!!!! not sell well.......
I dont understand

Aug 2016
I'll pray for the chicken nuggets' sake. Oh, and OP/author too.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 21, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2016
Patiently waiting to see @Ecchilordmamster reaction to this tragic news. That series is so dear to him

I don't really read manga, but Keijo was definitely an amazing show. Japanese people have shit taste indeed.
CareBearApr 21, 2017 5:39 AM
Apr 21, 2017 5:37 AM

Apr 2016
It's obvious that Japan enjoyed watching gay men dancing on solid water more than cute girls fighting with their boobs and butts so.....RIP Keijo I guess.
Apr 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2016
GangsterCat said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

still better than following Berserk and HxH, which is worse than getting axed

That's why, i learned my lesson with Bastard, Real, Vagabond, Berserk.
Apr 21, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2015
Keijo didn't have a male self-insert so it didn't sell. Yes, Japanese otaku are the worst.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 21, 2017 5:44 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm..? Really strange that a manga must end just because the anime fails. I think there are lots of manga adaptation that sells bad, but the source manga is unaffected.

Is it the real reason? Is the manga in climax and could end well, or it will end abruptly in a weird place? Maybe the author wants to end it?
Apr 21, 2017 5:46 AM

Sep 2016
jejehartadi said:
Hmm..? Really strange that a manga must end just because the anime fails. I think there are lots of manga adaptation that sells bad, but the source manga is unaffected.

Is it the real reason? Is the manga in climax and could end well, or it will end abruptly in a weird place? Maybe the author wants to end it?
manga final boss is climax and could end well, but it must go on forever!!!!!!!
CrossAnge

Apr 21, 2017 5:47 AM

Apr 2016
Vlad4o said:
It's obvious that Japan enjoyed watching gay men dancing on solid water more than cute girls fighting with their boobs and butts so.....RIP Keijo I guess.
This.
Exactly my thoughts about all this.
Apr 21, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2017
Vlad4o said:

is this why Japans population is declining?????
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Apr 21, 2017 5:50 AM

Sep 2016
it will definietly sell well if yuri and victor playing with their butt and dick on Keijo!!!!!!!! ring
CrossAnge

Apr 21, 2017 5:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hey it lasted like 15 volumes. That's honestly more than I thought an idea like that could hope for.
Apr 21, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2015
It sounds lame actually. There's no author's fault in animu being shit, yet he still got his manga cancelled. Editors sure are the worst people.
Apr 21, 2017 5:52 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Mm, if that's the case then that most definitely sucks ._.

I don't really know what else I can add other than that I still really need to get around to watching Keijo sometime.

Apr 21, 2017 5:52 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I prefer reading some hentai instead of watching or reading that, the Japanese must feel the same way I do.

Omkar_Nagwade said:

+1.

Your mother is more important than any anime, you're stupid.
Apr 21, 2017 5:54 AM
Feb 2016
Omkar_Nagwade said:

it's a meme

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tendies-stories
Apr 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Nov 2016
i really feel bad for the author just cause the anime didnt sell well thats means you are gonna axed the manga wtf???and it seems it was doing fine in ranking too.

xxXHARSHXxxApr 21, 2017 5:59 AM
Apr 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Nov 2015
Vlad4o said:
this
japanese otaku is weird as fuck, just gonna hope for the best for the author
~Yume's Ass and Shihiro's Boobs are gifts from God for us foolish Mortals~

Apr 21, 2017 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
Hey now, if your mom is cool enough to bring you chicken nuggets for no reason you shouldn't slap that shit out of her hands.
Treat your mother right.

Apr 21, 2017 6:07 AM

Feb 2013
Admiravel said:
Vlad4o said:
this

You guys are weird too, some people prefer watching things they can relate to, not to fap to, if they want to fap there are tons of hentai out there.
Skating is a real sport meanwhile that thing they do in Keijo doesn't exist anywhere else.
Apr 21, 2017 6:09 AM

Sep 2015
The news you reading might be incorrect, the author simply has nothng to draw anymore and the sales has always been average. I doubt the anime has anything to do with it. Manga and anime are both seperate, so even if anime sold less, it won't lower the manga sales but increase instead. *An adaptation will only increase the manga sales any amount regardless of the anime popularity.

Well whether it was axed or not, the manga will still come to an end because the content/plot has hit the top stage(nothing more to draw). Currently(latest chapter 176) Nozomi is fighting at the last stage against the strongest Keijo player, the 5 strongest Keijo beaten and Nozomi is and will attain the strongest title, the story needs to end somewhere. There are no more stories to go beyond that because the sports are only in Japan, basically Nozomi cannot challenge the world. Again, you can say the story has hit the block.
Apr 21, 2017 6:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OneNaughtyBear said:
Patiently waiting to see @Ecchilordmamster reaction to this tragic news. That series is so dear to him

I don't really read manga, but Keijo was definitely an amazing show. Japanese people have shit taste indeed.

Yea man, but there was already no hope for a s2, so as someone who doesn't read manga, this doesn't affext me, but still SUCKS to know ;___;
Apr 21, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
Well, that's pathetic. Goes to show how crippled the anime industry is.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Apr 21, 2017 9:08 AM

Aug 2016
One of the best anime that I've ever witnessed. RIP

Vlad4o said:

Something is wrong with their anime fans, that's for sure.
Fuck you Japan

Ulquiorra said:
Admiravel said:
this

You guys are weird too, some people prefer watching things they can relate to, not to fap to, if they want to fap there are tons of hentai out there.
Skating is a real sport meanwhile that thing they do in Keijo doesn't exist anywhere else.

I didn't fap to any of the Keijo stuff. It was entertaining as hell to watch and it shouldn't matter if it's a real sport since there are plenty of popular magic/superpower anime that obviously don't exist in reality but didn't stop them from being popular. There shouldn't have been an overwhelming difference in sales between YOI and Keijo
MechKingKillbotApr 21, 2017 9:22 AM
Apr 21, 2017 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
i never read the manga, but i absolutely loved the anime.
in fact. i'm going to rewatch it now.
that's horrible the manga is getting axed

:((((((
Apr 21, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
That's funny.
I feel bad for the fans but actually not really because it shows that Japan has some decent taste sometimes and gives me hope for future seasons :>.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 21, 2017 9:26 AM

Dec 2016
Omkar_Nagwade said:

If I was his mother I would have beaten his ass lmao.
Apr 21, 2017 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
keijo is one of the only ecchi themed anime that is actually any good.
i would rank it as high as shimoneta.

it was easily one of the best fall anime. idg why people don't like it.
Apr 21, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
That's funny.
I feel bad for the fans but actually not really because it shows that Japan has some decent taste sometimes and gives me hope for future seasons :>.

It ain't even on your list, mate. Don't judge a book by its cover. :>
Apr 21, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2009
ShadowCode said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

My cousin did this once. Got into an argument with his mom because of anime. He's crippled now. I guess OP is lucky because his mom is the type who brings nuggets to his room.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Sep 2016
MagePhaira said:
ShadowCode said:

My cousin did this once. Got into an argument with his mom because of anime. He's crippled now. I guess OP is lucky because his mom is the type who brings nuggets to his room.
it's actually chicken tendies, not chicken nuggets.
CrossAnge

Apr 21, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Could it be that we have the shit taste?
Apr 21, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
>complaining about a shit series getting axed

stay classy, MAL.
Apr 21, 2017 12:00 PM

Aug 2015
Making the author "take responsibility" sounds so typically Japanese, it's not even funny. I feel sorry for him.
Apr 21, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
Good fuckin' riddance. Too bad this doesn't change anything since stuff like Kemono friends are still as popular as ever...
Apr 21, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
jarring said:

I get why people don't like it. I don't get why people care that others do like it. Fucking bigots.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 21, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
QuattroVaginas said:
jarring said:

I get why people don't like it. I don't get why people care that others do like it. Fucking bigots.

tell me why people don't like it. idgi
Apr 21, 2017 12:24 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Anyone who didn't buy any manga volumes or anime BDs (or other relevant merchandise) of it has no right to complain about anything getting axed

That's the cold hard truth here I'm afraid
Apr 21, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
Shrimperor said:
>complaining about a shit series getting axed

stay classy, MAL.
What a fucking savage you are, Shrimp xD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
47 seconds ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 10 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

53 by Lucifrost »»
8 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.