Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2017 9:58 AM

Oct 2008
17 be like, i have a wife and 3 kids. But if we all get erased at the same time, it's ok.
Where was he at the buu saga though?
Cuz he is apparently on par with SSJ blue, now
They introduce one powerful character after another.
New universes, with even more powerful beings.
Zeno, etc.

I have seriously no idea where are they trying to take this show.
Perhaps they introduce the boss of zeno next time.
That manages every dimesnion and universes within them.
Apr 16, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2014
Umm, when did Toei become madhouse?
Like seriously.. The art and animation for super is SOOO much better than their other anime...

Are they using the money from OP to fuel this? Man I'm salty we don't get this kind of ART, at least ART, not animation for one piece more frequently.. Ahh

Apr 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was terrible, and looks like next one is going to be even worse. And just when this arc was getting somewhat good.
Apr 16, 2017 11:31 AM
Nov 2009
Even dbgt super 17 vs goku4 made more sense than this shit.
Apr 16, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2015
Finally we got Uub [another?] confirmation, the question tho... how he will fit in Super...? Anyone have a guess?
Apr 16, 2017 12:48 PM
Aug 2016
Honestly at this point, I have learned to ignore power level bcz they screwed themselves in the very first arc when they made Goku a potential universe level. Now they are putting everyone on SSB level just to show that they can hold their shit and using ki control as excuse.
Apr 16, 2017 1:00 PM
Jun 2014
People seem to forget that back in "Z", both Goku and Gohan stayed 24/7 in their SSJ forms before the Cell Games so they could properly learn how to handle so much power. There was even a scene at Goku's house where they couldn't even hold a cup of glass withouth breaking it while in SSJ form. After a while, that wasn't a problem anymore, so, even if Goku (or Gohan, or Vegeta, or - for Zen'o's sake! - Onion) was in SSJ, SSG, SSGSS or whatever form, it doesn't mean he was using his full power, but just enough to make the fight interesting. That's all. No lack of power level scale. (Except with that weird Sword Pseudo-Genki Dama. That's simply non-sense).
Apr 16, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, this wasn't that good of an episode. I really hope Goku was holding back big time, otherwise they screwed up power levels beyond recognition. Next episode seems like below average too.

Besides that, I like 17's personality. I was expecting him to be much more aggressive, and I'm kind of glad he isn't.
Apr 16, 2017 3:13 PM
Jun 2009
Had already given up on characters strength making any sense long ago on this show but this episode still hurt. I mean, episode 1 goten plus trunks suffer to fight a snake of all things.

17 got stronger than gohan and buu by fighting random humans with firearms and communing with nature! Actually nvm 17, even Krillin owned Gohan.

These growth spurs in power could only make sense in a vacuum, if you consider DB and DBZ they are obviously arbitrary. It would be ok if they were tailored towards making a more interesting story, like many of the power ups in Z were, but they are just pandering to nostalgia.

Next up Tien destroying Vegeta SSB 1on1 and Master Roshi fighting on par with some of univ 11 finest.
Apr 16, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
The nostalgia was real in this episode. And it's true, that's the first time i've ever seen Goku and Android 17 talking to each other. Didn't expect that he would be that strong, but could anyone know? Nobody saw him for such a long time and if he trained all the time, it could be possible.

But at the same time I'm glad that 17 is that strong. I hope he will accept in the next episode. Was also interesting to hear a little bit of what he's doing atm, generally about his life.

I already feel sorry for these space poachers haha.

Curious who will be the next person after 17 Goku will recruiting.

Apr 16, 2017 7:47 PM
Apr 2017
Here are some of the issues I had with this episode:

1. Presumably Uub is a lot stronger and quicker than a lot of the fighters attending the Tournament of Power. Therefore surely Uub, Trunks or Goten could knock their opponent off the stage before someone like Master Roachi has a chance to use whatever magical ability he has, or even see his opponent.

2. Apparently all you need to do to attain god like power is the following:
Dodge Minators
Fight poachers
Punch rocks

3. No.18 can't leave the island for two hours. As someone previously mentioned in this thread, does he not sleep? When does he see his wife?

4. No.18 cares about a few animals on an island, but if everyone dies at once, including his wife and daughters, who cares right?

5. The aliens at the end of the episode. I was seriously hoping this was an April fools joke.

6.(bonus) I created an account just to write this comment. Why do I require such a complex password to post on a anime forum?

In all honesty I am so disappointed to see my favorite series come back in such a poorly written way.

Today was not a good day.

Sorry for the rant.

Nick2oooApr 16, 2017 7:50 PM
Apr 16, 2017 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
Really liked the character development for 17. In DBZ he never cared about nature but obviously 16's death and being wished back to life made him appreciate it now. In his fight with Piccolo in Z he didn't care how many islands were destroyed in their fight while here he's cautious about the forest getting destroyed. He's a lot more responsible and mature as well.

When it comes to the fight I liked the animation but wasn't a fan of the art. I had no problem with 17 being able to keep up with SSJ Blue considering he has trained for like 10 years and we have already seen how powerful a weaker character like Frieza became after a couple months of training.If we go by DBZ powerscale 17> Frieza so with training it makes sense for 17 to surpass Golden Frieza since he was stronger than Frieza in the first place. I'm glad how all the saiyans aren't all powerful now and other people can be strong too. Also it's not like Goku was going full out.

Nick2ooo said:
1. Presumably Uub is a lot stronger and quicker than a lot of the fighters attending the Tournament of Power. Therefore surely Uub, Trunks or Goten could knock their opponent off the stage before someone like Master Roachi has a chance to use whatever magical ability he has, or even see his opponent.
What makes you think Uub is stronger and faster than the fighters from the other universes in the tournament when going full out he was weaker than base Goku holding back and he can't even fly? Goten and Trunks goof off too much and would waste time gloating as Gotenks and they can easily be fooled like how Super Buu tricked them into fusing then absorbed them. Roshi is far more serious and attentive when fighting , only if Roshi was possibly fighting a beautiful female fighter would he get distracted.
DrGeroCreationApr 16, 2017 9:20 PM
Apr 17, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
Android 17 is back finally
Apr 17, 2017 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was so pretty, especially Android 17.

I love him.
Apr 18, 2017 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
SSB must be the lamest power up in the whole series , and with how much he's using it these days it's even more lame , i can't be the only one who prefer SSG =__=
Apr 18, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2015
Was 17's VA a bit different? I know it's the same but his voice sounds a little different.
Apr 18, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2012
Ever notice that 17 is as tall as his GT version?
Do you think he has his Ki absorbing skill?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 18, 2017 10:12 PM
Dec 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
Really liked the character development for 17. In DBZ he never cared about nature but obviously 16's death and being wished back to life made him appreciate it now. In his fight with Piccolo in Z he didn't care how many islands were destroyed in their fight while here he's cautious about the forest getting destroyed. He's a lot more responsible and mature as well.

When it comes to the fight I liked the animation but wasn't a fan of the art. I had no problem with 17 being able to keep up with SSJ Blue considering he has trained for like 10 years and we have already seen how powerful a weaker character like Frieza became after a couple months of training.If we go by DBZ powerscale 17> Frieza so with training it makes sense for 17 to surpass Golden Frieza since he was stronger than Frieza in the first place. I'm glad how all the saiyans aren't all powerful now and other people can be strong too. Also it's not like Goku was going full out.

Nick2ooo said:
What makes you think Uub is stronger and faster than the fighters from the other universes in the tournament when going full out he was weaker than base Goku holding back and he can't even fly? Goten and Trunks goof off too much and would waste time gloating as Gotenks and they can easily be fooled like how Super Buu tricked them into fusing then absorbed them. Roshi is far more serious and attentive when fighting , only if Roshi was possibly fighting a beautiful female fighter would he get distracted.

Don't over think anymore. Roshi is pretty much comedy relief. They even brought Roshi to fight Frieza's henchmen in the Frieza's movie. There are 80 fighters and pretty much most of them are going to be fodders to the main characters.
Apr 19, 2017 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
last episode it was 37 hours left...and then this episode it was suddenly jumped to 31 hours and 40 minutes? i thought per episode it would only be 1 hour deduction per ep!?
Android 17 even had a wife with 3 kids 2 adopted, that was nice development! and wild life protector huh?!
that Minotaurus is super extinct because only 1 species left...but 17 said "probably one of its kind"
wow! Android 17 is much stronger than before and even matching-up to Super Saiyan Blue!? omg! power level inconsistency!
17 might go for a change of heart once goku prevents those aliens from hunting the Minotaur...
4/5.

Apr 20, 2017 1:17 AM

Apr 2015
Damn No.17 was strong AF. So calm and down to the earth yet soo strong 0.o
Apr 22, 2017 11:06 AM
Oct 2016
Joido said:
Looks like 17 really is SSB tier now, nice (though a lot of people are going to be salty).

Duh! Anyone who knows enough about DB would.
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
The whole episode was ok except of 17 vs SSB Goku fight (Mostly because it is make completely no sense), I really hope either Toriyama or Toei can explain how the hell 17 was that strong

I'm 90% sure this wasn't Toriyama's​ fault.

I don't think this will be in the manga, the same way many other retarded moments in DBS anime weren't, like...

• Goku's exaggerated dumbness, forgetting the Zensu for a very important battle + Piccolo having to mention the Mafuba to him even though he knew about it

• Goku Black's senseless power-ups from damage received, and why that never happened again once he fused

• Black and Zamasu being stopped with smoke bombs

• Trunks learning Mafuba in 3 minutes

• Trunks surviving an entire day without Goku or Vegeta, as those escaped the future, even though Goku Black didn't have use for him anymore
felip3cruz said:
even if Goku (or Gohan, or Vegeta, or - for Zen'o's sake! - Onion) was in SSJ, SSG, SSGSS or whatever form, it doesn't mean he was using his full power

There's no defending this ridiculous issue.

SSB's weakest form is STILL too much for a human cyborg to handle.

Darius said:

But when same thing happened in Dbz (when everyone could compete with the "so-called" legendary super saiyan (golden) form) it wasn't retarted?

Who's everyone?

Almost nobody could.

And yes, it was legendary, not omnipotent.

Cell absorbed humans who incremented his already decent power level, and got stronger by absorbing androids that already surpassed normal SS levels, Majin Buu is a magical ancient being, those had reasons.

What reasons could a human with mechanical parts who resides (obviously) on the extremely limited Earth to be even close to a form who surpassed 3 states of Super Saiya-jin above him, plus the godly form SSG?
SSJ4LifeApr 22, 2017 11:10 AM
Apr 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
Why the fuck 17 can fight with SSB? WTF

Apr 23, 2017 5:06 AM

Jul 2016
SSJ4Life said:
I'm 90% sure this wasn't Toriyama's​ fault.

I don't think this will be in the manga

Hope so, but even it isn't Toriyama's idea I still hate it so much, and why Toriyama himself didn't complaint about this fight and simply ignored it? (I'm pretty sure he's already watched this episode)

SSJ4Life said:
Trunks surviving an entire day without Goku or Vegeta, as those escaped the future, even though Goku Black didn't have use for him anymore

Wasn't this part also happened in the manga too? Also you forgot about this:

• Trunks get a non sense power up which is able to keep up with SSJ Rose Goku Black in a minutes.

Edit: Oh well... I completely forgot about Future Trunks was just fight in a hours only and saved by the Supreme Kais in the manga.

SSJ4Life said:
There's no defending this ridiculous issue.

SSB's weakest form is STILL too much for a human cyborg to handle.

Funny that everyone was complained about Super 17 beat SSJ4 Goku in GT back in old days and yet they're really enjoyed to see 17 was able to keep up fight against SSB Goku in Super, are they completely forgot about GT or thinking this fight is actually make sense because 17 has be training for 10 years? I wonder is those fans who love this fight and other retarded moments in Super anime are blinded or something else?
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 23, 2017 7:21 AM
May 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
Forgot all about that guy holy shit xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 22, 2017 6:36 AM

Dec 2015
People are complaining about the magical power-up of n17 and the fact Goku keeps fighting at reduced strength but nobody has problems with the fight itself: three or four actual hits and the rest of it being filled with a few "too fastfor your eyes" pictures loops.

3/5 Yeah, second Ûb's confirmation. Less "yeah": the moving palace.
Rei_IIIMay 22, 2017 7:11 AM
May 30, 2017 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
17: "I have to protect the animals on this island, I can't leave!"
Goku: "But if we lose everything will be erased! Also the animals, your wife and your children!"
17: "lol idc"

Yeah... that totally makes sense.
Jun 13, 2017 4:14 AM

May 2016
That was a really good episode, I like the seriousness of 17 it reminds me of DBZ and I like the fact that they used the old DBZ flash backs instead of re-animating it again.
Oct 15, 2017 11:33 PM

Oct 2014
"Don't kill these guys"

Immediately blows up the vehicles they are in as if normal humans can survive that.
Nov 2, 2017 6:39 PM

Jul 2009
Android 17 is hot asf. I missed him. I wanna see his wife. Is she as ugl--i mean unique looking as Krillin?
Apr 10, 2018 2:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A-17 doesn´t want to participate in the tourney..... buti can image that after the adventure of this aliens hunters he will be participating!!!!!
Oct 27, 2019 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
It moves.
Dat flashback.
17 has a family. A wife and children.
He's gotten stronger?
A young man in a village with tremendous MA ability?
Goku should teach him?
The reincarnation of Boo? Dat flashback.
Goku and 17 meet.
The irony that 17 has to tell Goku not to kill them.
Oh snap! A legendary pokemon.
Dat flashback.
Goku goes SSJ.
Goku goes SSGSS.
Two of the three are adopted.
Goku tells 17 the truth.
17 doesn't care about dying.
Aliens? What do they want with a Minotaur that just so happens to be on the island 17 is protecting?
31 hours.
Dat ending.

Artificial Human 17 keeping up with SSGSS. Then again, Kuririn pushed back an SSGSS Kamehameha in the previous episode, so... don't think about it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 3:18 AM

Jun 2019
17 is just as strong as ever if not stronger.
May 10, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
Why the hell are poachers armed with military gear? Why the hell are they constantly going after 17's nature's preserve? Is there not an easier place to poach? No, wait, rather, military-grade equipment and personnel cost far more than they could make with just poaching animals? This...this seems like an unnecessarily large amount of trouble without much return.
Dec 20, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2020
I wonder what 17's kids and wife look like
Apr 28, 11:34 AM

Jan 2021
Android 17 really do be passive.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 65 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

114 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 18, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

100 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 18, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

70 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 17, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

87 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 17, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

113 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 16, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.