Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 15, 2017 8:06 AM
Jun 2015
Lefiya is just the female version of Bell (she starts with a good potential and have someone who helps her when she's useless,etc...)!! A sequel should have been better than a remake of a new crying Bell ?? The story can differ but still the MC of S1 and S2 have same description....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2017 8:11 AM
Apr 2017
simonswinslam said:
Lefiya is just the female version of Bell (she starts with a good potential and have someone who helps her when she's useless,etc...)!! A sequel should have been better than a remake of a new crying Bell ?? The story can differ but still the MC of S1 and S2 have same description....

Totally agree ! It's why i think this season won't have a good score maybe 7.5 :/
Apr 15, 2017 11:25 AM

Dec 2015
Lefiya as female magic user seems much more interesting. Also probably less screen time for the annoying Hestia (only guys using her to fap like her). And maybe more bigger group battles since they act with their bigger and more experience group ("familia" I think they call it). More/better tactics and battles.

Battle in episode 1 was enjoyable. Since Aiz is a bit quiet and not that much talking ... I liked that there also was Lefiya and a possible sub-plot centered around her.
Apr 15, 2017 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
Lefiya is cuuuuute!
Apr 15, 2017 11:45 AM
Jun 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
Lefiya is cuuuuute!

lul,if Bell was a girl he would be cuter :D
Apr 15, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
I just wanted some good action scenes
But the animation is garbage

I will give it 1 more ep , if it stay the same I will drop it
Apr 15, 2017 11:49 AM

Dec 2015
It's better than nothing I guess, although I don't mind it as much as you do.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2017 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
I have a feeling this spinoff will be polarizing. I'd say give Lefiya some time, but Mal has a strong distaste for weak characters.
Apr 15, 2017 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
DragonSlayer_19 said:
I have a feeling this spinoff will be polarizing. I'd say give Lefiya some time, but Mal has a strong distaste for weak characters.

>implying that somebody actually cares 'bout what MAL thinks ("kimi no shit cartoon" n1 lmao)

Personally, I'm in love with Lefiya already. She's cute and she has that "girl gets strong" vibe. Anyway, you rly can't think about character worse than Bell, so spin-off is superior by default.

Apr 15, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

>implying that somebody actually cares 'bout what MAL thinks ("kimi no shit cartoon" n1 lmao)

Personally, I'm in love with Lefiya already. She's cute and she has that "girl gets strong" vibe. Anyway, you rly can't think about character worse than Bell, so spin-off is superior by default.

When did i say anyone cares ? I wasn't implying it. I just said lefiya needs to be given some time, but MAL doesn't like weak characters, thus the complaints over her presence and resemblance to Bell. I was just pointing it out. Bell had it harder though since he barely had any comrades.
Apr 15, 2017 4:27 PM
Nov 2008
tragedydesu said:

Same here. Why would I waste my time on this dumb remake with so many better shows on air?
Apr 15, 2017 8:17 PM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one that actually likes how it is so far?
Apr 15, 2017 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
Luthandorius said:
Lefiya as female magic user seems much more interesting. Also probably less screen time for the annoying Hestia (only guys using her to fap like her). And maybe more bigger group battles since they act with their bigger and more experience group ("familia" I think they call it). More/better tactics and battles.

Battle in episode 1 was enjoyable. Since Aiz is a bit quiet and not that much talking ... I liked that there also was Lefiya and a possible sub-plot centered around her.

I find Lefiya more annoying than Hestia.

"Oh, I'm so useless. Why am I here? I'm not worth."

Ughh, cringe worthy.
Apr 16, 2017 12:27 AM

Aug 2008
Don't like Lefiya too. Find her annoying. Watching this for other casts.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 21, 2017 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
They are similar in their obsession with Ais, but Lefiya is cute, so she's better.
Apr 21, 2017 8:03 PM

Aug 2016
Hope a Minotaur rips her in half so we don't have to see her on the screen anymore

Double points if the animation of the gore is stupendous
Apr 21, 2017 8:36 PM
Dec 2014
^ wow, I agree
MechKingKillbot said:
Hope a Minotaur rips her in half so we don't have to see her on the screen anymore

Double points if the animation of the gore is stupendous

I just find her annoying, I know this discussion going to turn into a fight, but bell has a special place in my heart, yes I wish hestia would f*** off, and be more bell and ais, and the familia growing, but I find leifya, definitely after episode 2 extremely annoying.
Apr 22, 2017 1:26 AM

Sep 2009
Basically if S1 was wiped clean but instead of starting off with Bell you're following another crybaby try to work through their bitch ass insecurities.

It's one thing to see our lead protagonist over come his fears and insecurities to jump right into the thick of battle but now our protagonist needs to overcome trials and tribulations just to fucking utter an incantation?

Bullshit, thy name is Sword Oratoria.
Apr 22, 2017 1:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean a lesbian protagonist in an action fantasy show is kind of unheard of so at least it's got that part going for it. That said, replacing Hestia with Ais is basically replacing all the fun factor of the original with watching paint dry so meh
Apr 22, 2017 1:50 AM

Apr 2011
A female version of Bell? Bell was a level 1, barely starting out. It made sense that he was a wimp. Lefiya's level 3. How the fuck do you get to Level 3 and still get scared shitless at the monsters you beat up to get to that point?
Apr 22, 2017 3:48 AM
Mar 2014
wow you guys are such pissy bitches, just enjoy the extra content, instead of fisting yourselfs like mad men. The story is still solid since you get to see the other side of the coin. Giving ais more character and setting the second season of for a better story output.
So pleas stop sucking the big dick of "i have no life so i can't enjoy anything without it being a complete 10, and it's never a complete 10 anymore"
you people are the literal reason no cares about the messaging boards on mal anymore, it's clocked up with shit.
Apr 22, 2017 4:03 AM
Sep 2016
First of all this is not a remake and also not a spin-off.
This is a side story meaning that it has a connection to the main story.(just how like railgun and to aru no index), also in danmachi anime there is an episode where you can see lefiya.

While it is true that so far the adaptation of sword oratoria is shit it doesn't mean that the original material is bad (the LN or Manga), It is actually might be better than the parent story since sword oratoria is much serious and darker than the shounen type approach of danmachi.

also don't get triggered just because of lefiya and ais moment since they will be much closer later part of the series.
Apr 22, 2017 4:08 AM
Sep 2016
>expecting a sequel out of a spinoff

L M A O
Apr 22, 2017 4:12 AM

Dec 2014
Oh come on, Bell wasn't this annoying
Apr 22, 2017 5:21 AM
Apr 2010
Agreed Bell was not this annoying, he actually did something about it. you cant make a good S1 and then make a crybaby crapshow with the second episode being about crying and boobs and crying, theres enough anime crap for that.
Apr 22, 2017 5:23 AM
Apr 2010
yuyiyu said:

also don't get triggered just because of lefiya and ais moment since they will be much closer later part of the series.

really? it goes on to be this useless love relationship crap? no wonder Ais doesnt talk with so many retarded people around her...
Apr 22, 2017 5:33 AM
Sep 2016
AranHei said:
yuyiyu said:

really? it goes on to be this useless love relationship crap? no wonder Ais doesnt talk with so many retarded people around her...

Did you just assumed that they will have a love relationship, did you know that the phrase "they will be much closer" doesn't have to be about love rather it could be friendship i mean this anime doesn't have yuri tag.

Do you have NTR syndrome?
Apr 22, 2017 5:40 AM

Nov 2016
I get that they're trying to do this whole girl looks up to heroine thing but still I'd prefer a S2 with Bell but whatever! I'm happy Lefiya is like a girl version Bell since it keeps the series interesting even if this is basically the same story as S1 but with Aiz as the MC.

Apr 22, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2007
You don't watch this for Lefiya, you watch this for more best girl Aiz.
Apr 22, 2017 6:18 AM
Jun 2015
yuyiyu said:
AranHei said:

Did you just assumed that they will have a love relationship, did you knowthat the phrase "they will be much closer" doesn't have to be about love rather it could be friendship i mean this anime doesn't have yuri tag.

aaah so you re one of those who give overrated animes a 10!!
Apr 22, 2017 6:54 AM
Sep 2016
simonswinslam said:
yuyiyu said:

Did you just assumed that they will have a love relationship, did you knowthat the phrase "they will be much closer" doesn't have to be about love rather it could be friendship i mean this anime doesn't have yuri tag.

so you're one of the elitist who gives some super low score,but still quite odd since you are focused in love relationship even though this anime doesn't have romance tag, also finding anything that could connect about love is not something elitist would do atleast in public,maybe you're trying to be one?
we're getting desperate aren't we.
yuyiyuApr 22, 2017 6:58 AM
Apr 22, 2017 7:57 AM
Jun 2015
yuyiyu said:
simonswinslam said:

so you're one of the elitist who gives some super low score,but still quite odd since you are focused in love relationship even though this anime doesn't have romance tag, also finding anything that could connect about love is not something elitist would do atleast in public,maybe you're trying to be one?
we're getting desperate aren't we.

........... Didn't even write about love or romance .... girl lying is bad :D
Apr 22, 2017 9:50 AM

Apr 2011
luinthoron said:

Kinda hard to do when they show her 3x as much as Aiz.
Apr 22, 2017 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, they are kind of similar. However, I'm mostly watching this as a show from the perspective of her, rather than as a show about her. After all, that was the purpose of this spin-off. Extra character development and all only makes it more interesting.

Trying to enjoy and appreciate anime more makes you enjoy and appreciate anime more. Common sense and for anyone who dislikes Lefiya but enjoys the original series.
Apr 28, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2016
The weak main protagonist is a fairly common trope in anime. It's ok the first time you come across it but it tends to get annoying the more you see it. I'm more into this show to see how they flesh out the other characters so I don't really mind as much.
Apr 28, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Hylianticipated said:

No I also enjoy it despite hating the first season.
This is definitely an improvement.
Apr 28, 2017 1:37 PM

Oct 2008
Really disappointed in this so far.

Lefiya is just way too similar to Bell, but less interesting, to such a degree that this feels more like a remake than anything else.

I was really hoping that this would expand on the character of Ais and make her more than a mysterious girl that the protagonist is obsessed with. Instead they introduce a new protagonist to basically be a young girl version of bell.
Apr 28, 2017 10:11 PM

Dec 2015
Robiiii said:
Hylianticipated said:

No I also enjoy it despite hating the first season.
This is definitely an improvement.

I take it back. After 3 episodes I'm really not enjoying it. The first season was better. The obnoxious yuri/slice-of-life direction it's taking is way too annoying. Some interesting shit better happen soon or I'm going to drop this.

Only 3 episodes in and my score for it has dropped from a 9 to a 6.
Apr 29, 2017 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
luinthoron said:

But I'm watching this for Loki, Tione and Tiona.
Apr 30, 2017 12:29 AM

Feb 2012
it's so sad, they had this incredibly popular anime with a great world, awesome story and interesting characters - and then they throw out the interesting characters and make this.
Apr 30, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2010
Why a side story if it isn't even adding anything? This plot isn't solid
The last episode was pretty dump story side, there was that loki and freja scene where they were talking about bell in the first series that was interesting and mysterious which opened a lot of theories, now we have found out that there wasn't nothing suspicious at all: "yo frejya, do u want a cup of tea?" "sure... you know, there this guy who I'm interest in... oh it's late, bye" "bye"
what the hell? is this a joke?
probably this new enemy will be binded only at this spinoff too

and lefiya is the worst characater ever, really, I don't even recall her in the main story, dunno how she can be protagonist
May 1, 2017 12:57 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, there's no doubt Lefiya is the biggest problem with this anime.

She's similar to Bell, but for bad reasons...

Bell is a good character because he's a weak level 1 newbie adventurer in a Familia where he's the only one and he's also poor and "down on his luck"....and yet despite all of this he works very hard to accomplish his goal, doesn't bitch, is caring, and overall a likable MC.

The fact that he likes Aiz us only a small part of his character.

Lefiya is just a dumb girl who can't do anything and is obsessed with Aiz for no good reason.
May 1, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2008
Waller said:
and lefiya is the worst characater ever, really, I don't even recall her in the main story, dunno how she can be protagonist

Yeah she is srsly annoying and she actually isn't the protagonist in the spinoff, but for some dumb reason this adaption acts like she is :/
The DanMachi adaption wasn't a good one but this one is even worse...

They even shortened the first scene with Freya and Loki just to put Lefiya's pointless delusions in.
May 2, 2017 5:08 PM

Jun 2013
I am glad I took the time to read the forums before watching this. It's disappointing enough that they made spin-off over a much anticipated sequel. But if they are also going to have that yuri crap with a shitty character than I rather waste my time with something else.
May 3, 2017 5:19 PM

Jun 2007
The original anime was cancer. This is cancer that gives cancer cancer. The Anime industry is that clone of Ripley's from Aliens 4 that begs to be killed.
May 4, 2017 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
violetta_96 said:
tragedydesu said:

garbage is only you

>insulting others because they have different opinions

Unlike the first season , this prequel have a garbage animation deal with it (anyone who have eyes can realise that)
May 4, 2017 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched the spin-off so I'm gonna wait until its finished to then binge it...

But for @violetta_96 , @tragedydesu has a point. You just insulted someone for having a different thought not only out of the blue but somehow pretty damn weird.

If it was for the case of like GangsterCat where he complains and adds nothing new, and then says he would drop it but then complains anyways the week after, then yeah I call that bullshit. I know he's supposed to be a fucking troll (from what I'm assuming) but it still makes sense in the regard.

Heck I can say and respect for example tragedy's opinion about tsunderes instead of blatantly attacking him for disliking them, even though I have a different thought about them and don't hate them which I understand his thought when its constantly driving up over and over.
May 4, 2017 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
I don't mind her. So far, Lefiya is an enjoyable character. There's no need to complain much about her when they're actual garbage female leads like Chitoge, Natsuki (mc from idol incidents); as well as ones that are only ok characters at best like Aqua and Madoka

May 5, 2017 10:38 PM
Sep 2016
violetta_96 said:
yuyiyu said:
First of all this is not a remake and also not a spin-off.
This is a side story meaning that it has a connection to the main story.(just how like railgun and to aru no index), also in danmachi anime there is an episode where you can see lefiya.

While it is true that so far the adaptation of sword oratoria is shit it doesn't mean that the original material is bad (the LN or Manga), It is actually might be better than the parent story since sword oratoria is much serious and darker than the shounen type approach of danmachi.

are you okay dude?this is spin off

this is a side story man this story is attached to the main series danmachi same universe and timeline just look at the page of sword oratoria it's said that this is side story
May 6, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2009
d388 said:
The original anime was cancer. This is cancer that gives cancer cancer. The Anime industry is that clone of Ripley's from Aliens 4 that begs to be killed.

Declarations like this are laughable when come from person who watched so little.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.