Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 6, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2014
Kinzo said:
People already rating it 1 after a single episode in reviews is why I hate early reviews on this site. You shouldn't be able to submit a review until the entire first season has aired. .-.

I think it was a pretty decent first episode. Nice animation, cool to see characters I grew up with now grown up as well. I'm looking forward to more.

lmfao this, this so much. I laughed so hard at someone trying to give an intellectual review as to why it's a 1 LOL I don't even see why people bother reviewing something when it literally just started.
Apr 6, 2017 9:37 PM

Jan 2012
Oh boy... here we go again!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 6, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2016
That was very fun and enjoyable. However, this episode felt very filler-ish and shouldn't have been the introduction of a new series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
if it wasn't for that how we got here trope i wouldn't be asking if this is worth bothering to watch real talk.

my body and mind can't handle more of this series if it turns into nothing but fillers but for a first episode i will say i didn't dislike it

Apr 6, 2017 11:49 PM

Sep 2015
right off the bat we have a scene where boruto is fighting...some guy in the ruins of Konoha only to be revealed that this was a flash forward to many years into the future. i thought to myself "what was the purpose of this?". I believe that the reason it was shown was to lure in the viewer for all the action that is to come later on into the show after all the SOL episodes, but fails completely. it pretty much contradicts the message of what the original naruto was all about, it throws away any internal struggle about boruto wanting to become a ninja. this flash-foward was just lazy writing, and yes i know the same was done in early shippuden, but you already knew who the characters where and the eventuality of the event that was going to take place, and only took the spand of two arcs not many years. however with this....you just have to wait until the guy arrives and throws away a lot of the suspense.
anyway going back to the anime, the animation looked very good to the point i was wondering if it was really studio Pierrot that was doing this show, but then it came to me when i remembered the quality of the last episodes of Naruto and where the quality was funneled to.the music was still great as always and that's about it.
The episode just starts with boruto and shikumaru clone having some fun before the academy starts soon. Konaha has changed a lot, and i mean a lot even if it was 20 years i feel like the advancement in technology in their world was absurd, but then again Naruto was never good at world building and consistency. after the two friends depart, boruto sees a kid get mugged and helps him out only to reveal he is the son of the person who made all the technological advancement happen and was also a ninja in the 4th great war, but he was unimportant until now. the dad wants his son to be a ninja, but the kid believes he is too weak which does make for some decent character struggle, but gets thrown away for plot convenient snake. this leads to an incident where boruto uses talk-no-jutsu until plot convenient snake is no longer convenient and every one is safe and happy. also boruto eye was shown just like in the flash back because yes.
boruto himself comes off like a brat which is understandable given that he lives during a time where there's no great strife and wants to work hard to get out of his fathers shadow while at the same time not becoming exactly like him. yet i wonder if the message of working hard will be delivered the same way it was in naruto since we already see boruto gifted in many things but never seeing the struggle to obtain/earn them.the rest of the characters in this episode are an after thought even naruto.
this also makes me wonder what's going to happen to that boruto movie that happen. are we going to get a TV version of it as well? or is this just going to be scrapped and the movie becoming just an extra.
i know i'm being harsh on Boruto, but i grew up with naruto, and even when i didn't like the direction naruto went in the end there was still a special something the show had for me. with boruto they could have kinda ha a second chance, but i'm starting to doubt that now. i'll give this 3-ish more episodes to see if i can find something i really like in it
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 7, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, that was actually kinda fun. We got introduction of the main characters from right off the bat.

Boruto's narration and personality feels quite similar to Naruto. I love how he defended that kid he met from those bullies.
The show so far has a decent amount of energy. For what's worth, I think it was a fun watch.

Nice to see Naruto himself in this of course and other familiar characters. The train scene was dope.

to bad he looses he father at one point, it was hinted in the beginning what showed Boruto almost grownup...
Apr 7, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Great & enjoyable first episode.
Woah that start though. Gonna be a while until we get to that part.

Another good song from KANA BOON. ED song is nice as well.
Cool seeing Naruto as Hokage & Hinata is such a loving & caring mother.
So cool seeing people from Naruto's Generation grow up.
Himawari is adorable.

Boruto has good Shadow Clone control.
LOL the train carriage smashing into Naruto's Statue face.
That is one way of making a dramatic entrance.

Looking forward to seeing the other students.

i lol hard at that part & the reactions of the ppl lol
Apr 7, 2017 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
AntagonistJin said:
Damn soo many questions. A lot of theories debunked tho! guess he didnt get the eyes from hinata

i think hes eyes are mix from Uzumaki & Hinata bloodline mix in to something new
Apr 7, 2017 4:06 AM
May 2015
Just want to say that I didn't watch episode 1 and don't plan to. Me and Shippuden-kun came to laugh. Ahahahahahahahahaha... Ahahahahahahahahaha... Ahahahahahahahahaha
Apr 7, 2017 6:05 AM
Dec 2012
I think the episode was just bad and this is getting disgusting. Not going to even bother continuing.
Apr 7, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2015
a quite good episode ...i liked the opening song , seems boruto will have dojutsu ..anyway 8/10 episode

Apr 7, 2017 6:14 AM

Aug 2014
Oh yeah, I'm ready to watch 500 more episodes of this.
Apr 7, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2009
I like the opening. :)) Seems fit for a new series with a mc like Boruto :)
Character introductions, mc's goal, few ninja moves.. I think we got everything we need for a first episode. I like it! :)

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 7, 2017 8:25 AM

Feb 2012
This episode was amazing, animation at the beginning was some of the best ive see. Cant wait to see more, 5/5
Apr 7, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2008
KamSung said:
Aha, I was wondering why it didn't resemble the source material in the least. But why is the source listed as 'manga' than?

1. MAL is not official info site of official information. It would be really nice if people stopped acting like info from this site are excerpts from the Bible

2. You misunderstand: Boruto Anime isn't a fully original work, it starts with Anime-original content to both fix stuff and to buy time for the core of the story to continue. However, the Manga's writer is also working on the Anime so it's gonna be less fillerish than Naruto's Anime-original content

Takoyaki_sama said:
That was very fun and enjoyable. However, this episode felt very filler-ish and shouldn't have been the introduction of a new series.

This introduction is light years better than Manga's introduction, both artistically (it doesn't randomly start with what should have been third or fourth major arc, it allows us to warm up to Boruto before we have to start caring about his personal flaws, side characters will get proper screentime, etc.) and impression-wise (Boruto ep1 has overall positive receptions, whereas ch1 of the Manga... was less well received to say the least).
Apr 7, 2017 9:10 AM
Nov 2015
jeikobu11 said:
Just want to say that I didn't watch episode 1 and don't plan to. Me and Shippuden-kun came to laugh. Ahahahahahahahahaha... Ahahahahahahahahaha... Ahahahahahahahahaha

Sucks to be you then I guess considering this episode was actually pretty good.
Apr 7, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2014
Nayrael said:
KamSung said:
Aha, I was wondering why it didn't resemble the source material in the least. But why is the source listed as 'manga' than?

1. MAL is not official info site of official information. It would be really nice if people stopped acting like info from this site are excerpts from the Bible

2. You misunderstand: Boruto Anime isn't a fully original work, it starts with Anime-original content to both fix stuff and to buy time for the core of the story to continue. However, the Manga's writer is also working on the Anime so it's gonna be less fillerish than Naruto's Anime-original content

Takoyaki_sama said:

This introduction is light years better than Manga's introduction, both artistically (it doesn't randomly start with what should have been third or fourth major arc, it allows us to warm up to Boruto before we have to start caring about his personal flaws, side characters will get proper screentime, etc.) and impression-wise (Boruto ep1 has overall positive receptions, whereas ch1 of the Manga... was less well received to say the least).

I did hear about Kishimoto overseeing this manga yeah.
Apr 7, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Lady0905 said:
justlarry33 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!

Yeah, I mean like the guy who defeated "GOD" just gets killed by some dude? Yeah yeah, this dude destroyed Konoha, but Kaguya could change the dimension they were in. I grew up with Naruto even though I don't like it that much but I just can't accept if Naruto gets killed just like that.

Aiko_Hiroshi said:
P.S. Himawari is the most adorable thing ever and I really hope she gets some awesome moments like from the OVA episode.

I'm loving Himawari (not to mention her ahoge) and Hayamin as her seiyuu.
BlueIsLoveApr 7, 2017 10:56 AM
Apr 7, 2017 11:21 AM
Oct 2013
BlueIsLove said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!

Ok, I didn´t want to write this down because it should be obvious but this seems to have many people concerned.

"Naruto being dead is literally impossible". I know, I know Trump got elected and no one can believe, that that actually happened and once upon a time the germans elected a guy named Hitler into power.

However, killing off the main character of the previous series permanently is not something Shueisha ever would allow in a Shounen magazine. Especially not if that series is their third biggest franchise of all time. Killing off Naruto would have rippling implications for the whole franchise that would ruin it´s marketability. None of the people involved are this retarded.
Furthermore it´s overlooked by Kishimoto. He has the last say on what´s going into this property and he´d have to betray everything his former work stood for to allow this development to happen, while possibly making himself a target of insane fans à la Misery (the book). Naruto is 100000% not dead. It´s cheap bullshit plot device to hook in the undecided fans through shock value.
IsterioApr 12, 2017 3:01 AM
Apr 7, 2017 1:01 PM

May 2016
Everyone is saying "Naruto coudn't have been defeated by some grunt" but the grunt was saying something about the era of shinobi being over. Ever considered that maybe technology advanced so much it surpassed ninjutsu and the grunt has some neo-jutsu or something that somehow counters everything Naruto can do? Maybe Naruto is not dead, but I woudn't doubt he got his ass whopped by some new futuristic ability.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 7, 2017 4:53 PM
Dec 2014
Isterio said:
BlueIsLove said:

Yeah, I mean like the guy who defeated "GOD" just gets killed by some dude? Yeah yeah, this dude destroyed Konoha, but Kaguya could change the dimension they were in. I grew up with Naruto even though I don't like it that much but I just can't accept if Naruto gets killed just like that.

Ok, I didn´t want to write this down because it should be obvious but this seems to have many people concerned.

"Naruto being dead is literally impossible". I know, I know Trump got elected and no one can believe that that actually happened and the once upon a time the germans elected a guy named Hitler into power.

However, killing off the main character of the previous series permanently is not something Shueisha ever would allow in a Shounen magazine. Especially not if that series is their third biggest franchise of all time. Killing off Naruto would have rippling implications for the whole franchise that would ruin it´s marketability. None of the people involved are this retarded.
Furthermore it´s overlooked by Kishimoto. He has the last say on what´s going into this property and he´d have to betray everything his former work stood for to allow this development to happen, while possibly making himself a target of insane fans à la Misery (the book). Naruto is 100000% not dea. It´s cheap bullshit plot device to hook in the undecided fans through shock value.
[/quote]

Hmm! That sure sounds logical! I hope you are right :-) Thanks for elaborating on it :-)
Apr 7, 2017 7:59 PM
Dec 2016
HyperL said:
Everyone is saying "Naruto coudn't have been defeated by some grunt" but the grunt was saying something about the era of shinobi being over. Ever considered that maybe technology advanced so much it surpassed ninjutsu and the grunt has some neo-jutsu or something that somehow counters everything Naruto can do? Maybe Naruto is not dead, but I woudn't doubt he got his ass whopped by some new futuristic ability.
i agree
HyperL said:
I agree with you. perhaps in shippuden, Naruto and Sasuke managed to seal Kaguya. But what is said Boruto and Kawaki at the beginning of the story is about the end of an era shinobi. In my opinion, in terms of Naruto's strength is superior, but it may be Kawaki has own strategy to defeat Naruto. Everything is possible
Apr 7, 2017 8:01 PM

Apr 2017
This ep really gave me a godd vibe... Hope that still like this until the end :/
Apr 7, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2016
Greatest show all time.
Apr 7, 2017 10:37 PM
Sep 2008
OMG the anime is nice... but kishi is so repetetive.. he could have just gone with some different stuff lol!!! & I CANT BELIEVE THAT KISHI IS GOING TO WRTIE OFF NARUTO x_________x HE KILLED ENOUGH CHARACTERS IN NARUTO..... GOSHHHHHH WHO'S THE HECK IS THIS KAWAKI GUY..... T_T
KISHI SHOULD STOP WHAT HE'S PLANNING FOR NARUTO'S LIKE.... HE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER AFTER KAKASHI.... i grew up with naruto... i wont handle it if kishi kills him....
Apr 7, 2017 11:34 PM

Mar 2014
Far better start than the manga. Good animation, but I'm concerned that this arc might turn into something along the lines of who, with doubts, gets possessed by the "snake thing" this week and does something crazy? I give the anime props for not using the hairstyle changes that were used in the Boruto manga. Another thing that I'm wondering about is if the now anime exclusive characters and the fact that Boruto already has that strange eye (not 100% sure if it's byakugan yet) from the future kawaki scene will be incorporated into the manga later.
Apr 7, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Sarada is the HOT LOLI!
the hell!? ep1 is filler and isn't even in the manga especially Denki!
are they going again original anime route and not follow the manga!?!?
3/5.

Apr 7, 2017 11:48 PM
Oct 2007
Naruto 4ever!!!

I wonder if Kishimoto sensei ever wanted to move on from the Naruto franchise but the company won't allow him to?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
When Boruto can use Naruto's signature ninjutsu even before he enters Ninja Academy. Interesting that Boruto will possibly be the one breezing thru class (assuming he doesn't butt heads w/ the teachers xD) when Naruto was the "least talented" as a kid.

Other than that, Boruto's turning out to be a more confident (b/c of his abilities and status I assume) kid-Naruto 2.0, which hopefully won't be the case going forward. I thought that there was better characterization in this first ep, but maybe that's just b/c I dun remember the first ep of Naruto.

Eh, here for the cheap fanservice anyways.
Apr 8, 2017 4:54 AM
Mar 2016
5/5

Good old Naruto (not Shippuuden shit where everything got out of hand) style episode.

I like the original Naruto series better anyway and Boruto brought back those feels.
Apr 8, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015

Man, I can’t believe what they did to my Anko.... (╥﹏╥)
Apr 8, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2015
Wow... Konohamaru, dayuuuuum! (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ <3
Apr 8, 2017 7:18 PM
Sep 2013
in the beginning of the episode you can see that boruto's forehead protector is scratched just like sasuke's in naruto. do you guys think it's possible that he went rogue, i mean in the manga he states he does want to become a ninja like sasuke so nothing is impossible right?
Apr 8, 2017 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
Will be awesome to watch this anime grow over time
Apr 9, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2017
I wasn't expecting that I liked this first episode, but the prologue really got me curious!
Apr 9, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2013
I can't wait to see Sasuke :D
Apr 9, 2017 11:27 AM

May 2015
Well, that was pretty decent. I kinda like Boruto more than the original series.
Apr 9, 2017 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
I like that they are going for this "inverted Naruto" vibe...like Boruto is what Naruto was not, but is still unhappy.

Didn't like that rich kid that Boruto befriends, he seems like an empty character, didn't make me feel anything for him, in contrast to Boruto.

Ending was awesome!

All 'n' all, it's a promising beginning, better than the first Naruto episode (don't react aggressively).
**The Knifemaster**
Apr 9, 2017 7:29 PM

Aug 2015
Holy fuck, my friend wasn't kidding when he said Kawaki vs Boruto was the worst part of the episode.
This was pretty decent.
Apr 10, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Enjoyed it!. Expecting a lot from these series.
Apr 10, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2015
Refreshing episode. The guy at the start looked strong AF.
Apr 10, 2017 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that we get to have a new saga for Naruto and Hinata's son though.
Though i didn't like him in Boruto Naruto the movie he at least grew on me in the latter half of that movie.

Nice opening song though and its pretty colorful
With both the main cast of this as well as Naruto's friends and Naruto and Hinata supporting i think Boruto and the next generation of ninja are in good hands. Leaf village sure has gotten more advanced and populous. Lol every leaders worst enemy is of course paperwork. Lol Boruto will do things that embarrass his dad lol its his nature to do so.

If anything Boruto doesn't lack in skills as he has the bloodlines of Naruto's clan and Hinata's clan in him. His way of dealing with those thugs was hillarious though. Well with a job like hokage i don't think its the type that allows you to leave on time. Its nice that after the war that formed the pain part of Shippuden that Hinata and Naruto are now in a peaceful period where they can raise their children in peace. Himawari is cute though. So Denki really doesn't want to go into the academy eh. It's his desire to become strong that caused a flaw in Denki that allowed someone to possess him eh.

Using shadow clones to switch the points in order to avoid a collision eh. Novel method.
Just like Naruto Boruto also loves to cause trouble but also in helping people as well
Its nice that in the end Denki was able to get his dads approval.

Quite an enjoyable episode and think this will be good as we can see Boruto and his friends develop just as we saw Naruto and his friends do.
Apr 10, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
as someone not fan of Naruto it's feel funny to watch this

hmm whatever i just wanna imagine some of you guys become a father and enter his children room to see that they watch this, then he said : oh my boys come's let me tell you the great story of Naruto

anyway Hinata still hot after give birth for 2 children *_*
Apr 10, 2017 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
I actually liked it, and I wasn't expecting to like it.
It has the same energy of old Naruto and the voice acting is great.

It's obviously predictable and cliche, but it's fun to watch as well.
Looking forward to next ep! Fun to see all the characters grown up.
Apr 10, 2017 8:39 PM
Jan 2016
How is this 8/10 or 5/5 I understand people love naruto but this show isn't that great of a 1st episode, forget about the movie that it existed same for naruto because they said it for a "new generation" that seem BS, it's nothing special almost like a DB Super. Plus future Boruto design seems like it from a fanfic Sasuke band and sword, Kakashi scar with special kind of eye like the Byakugan and then put into mix Narutos design plus talented like Sasuke. It is not terrible but merely okay, the futuristic world in the ninja world looks stupid, with trains and shit.

I more interested in the other characters in Boruto team like Sarada and Orochimaru son. I feel like unneeded fan service, what do u guys think.
Apr 11, 2017 12:50 AM
May 2015
-chronos said:
Sucks to be you then I guess considering this episode was actually pretty good.

sorry... had quite a laugh there.
Apr 11, 2017 1:46 PM
Nov 2014
Finally got around to watching it today. I liked it, felt like old times. I also enjoyed both the opening and ending theme songs. Hopefully we get to learn more about the side characters in early upcoming episodes.
Apr 11, 2017 4:22 PM

Jun 2007
Given Kishimoto wrote the Boruto movie, which occurs waaaay beyond this school filler saga the series is gonna start with (plus, I don't think he has any involvement with anything else) and it did not have any reference to the Boruto manga's 'I killed Naruto, lol ok then' not-so-badarse intro tease, I'm gonna leave this be. I was willing to give this a chance but Boruto already acting like a do-gooder Naruto clone with the same speech mannerism. Tween bullying can fark off. Nice trains, doe.

Someone please let me know if it ever gets beyond/to the movie events, though, please: need to get my popcorn for the latest WTF eye power-levels. Need to see how that pussy-looking Kawai guy kills Naruto. I predict it will be episode 500.
Apr 14, 2017 3:15 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
As long as Metal Lee is not Tenten's son then I don't even care what I'm watching.
Let me live with my dead ship.
NejixTenten for life.

Definitely not a bad episode. I ain't mad and I'll be back.
Lots of shipping potential. :U

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 14, 2017 3:52 AM
Sep 2014
Yang indo mana nih suaranyaaa... 😁😁
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.