Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 5:55 AM

Nov 2016
That was better than expected. I anticipated a trainwreck, but not literally :D
Pretty good start, it gave me almost the same vibe as Naruto back then. Now I'm really looking forward how the story will develop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2017 6:23 AM

May 2015
My guilty pleasure for the season. I just wanted to see more Sarada haha.
Apr 5, 2017 6:26 AM
Jan 2016
Well, it was okay but nothing special. Boruto is kind of a trouble maker just like his father was before (no surprise) and the other characters were okay as well. Quite stereotypic start, although there are some interesting plot holes and I am interested in how they wil develope.
3/5
Apr 5, 2017 6:28 AM

Aug 2012
Story wise when does this start? before movie (The last) and before (unrelated?) manga
Apr 5, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
Oh, I love this series so far. Everything is so colourful, the opening is great, the animation is on point. Boruto is so likeable. His "dynamic entry" was brilliant haha. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 5, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2015
I think no one will be disappointed by this first episode.
I'm glad that it is better than what I thought it would be.
Nice to see Konoha in his more modern style.

4/5
Apr 5, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2013

*crying because of my baby Inojin*

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 5, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2014
That was a surprisingly good first episode.

I haven't touched any of the Boruto manga yet, although I will sometime this month, but this first episode entertaining and had very good animation from Pierrot.

Boruto's unique entrance to the Ninja Academy by smashing into Naruto's rock face with the prototype train was pretty cool though. =)
Apr 5, 2017 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
Step aside Naruto... Boruto has his own story!!!! I think I'll enjoy the series since it's gonna be like classic shonen. it started off good.

all the children are basically different designs of their parents... does anyone else think Boruto sorta looks like a lesbian.

I didn't finish Naruto Shippuden yet so I have no idea what that beginning was about but will i have to watch the rest of Shippuden to understand Boruto???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 6:46 AM
Nov 2010
I am more than a bit shocked that they didn't start the first episode by animating chapter 700 (last chapter) of the manga.

It was a time skip and acted like a passing of the torch to a new generation where it showed where the older characters were and what the new ones were doing.

The very end of the manga ends with Naruto and Boruto on the rock faces, so they could have juxtaposed that with the very first scene of Boruto where he's older.
Apr 5, 2017 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
hinata <3

boruto and the other guy doing parkour looked awesome tbh
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 5, 2017 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
Wow it actually looks like a 2017 anime and not like it's years behind like Shippuden. Quite visually appealing. Am very impressed so far. This first episode has gotten me excited for what's to come.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Apr 5, 2017 6:58 AM
Apr 2011
Anko got fat... What has she been eating all this time?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 5, 2017 6:59 AM

May 2015
Who the hell was that guy at the start. I do like Boruto's character design with the byakugan but wow he's annoying.
Not a fan of how they spoiled a future event. Like why can't I watch that instead... They better not have killed off Naruto though. Odds on Kawaki being Denki's brother or something.
Apr 5, 2017 7:03 AM

Sep 2016
Didn't expect the first episode to be this good. Good animation. I was worried they would look like the illustration of Boruto Manga. I'm still having a hard time liking the manga version, but this episode is something... if they're gonna make lots of fillers again on this one at least make it good and not repetitive like its predecessor. I'm giving this a chance for Ono Kensho. lol

does anyone know if Yasuharu Takahashi and Yaiba the ones making music for Boruto too?
Apr 5, 2017 7:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Surprisingly really good. I thought it'd be decent at best but this was a great start.

Art and animation look slick, the opening scene(post Kawaki) had a really nice fast paced and energetic feel to it with all the parkour movement and pretty much everything just flowed really well. What the hell Pierrot? XD

Lot of questions raised this episode with the snake thing that bit Denki and Boruto's eye plus the whole future thing. I kinda skipped the movie recap chapters of the manga so if they explained something, could someone explain it to me or at least direct me to the appropriate chapter?

They seem to be meshing in a modern setting along with the original ninja one, you can see the different types of rubble in the background during the scene with Kawaki as opposed to the manga and I assume the main conflict of the series is gonna revolve around this difference in era. At least that's what I think.

Wonder how long this series is gonna be, Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.
The eye thing is knew but as for the tatoos, read chapter 10 (This chapter has more new stuff too)

Also its safe to say now that 3 theories died:

1. No Byakugan (Doesn't look like a Tenseigan either based off of the design)

2. The eye isn't an implant from Hinata or Himawari (And is rather something that Boruto will unlock on his own)

3. In relation to point 2, the theory of Hinata and or Himawari being dead is temporarily false
Apr 5, 2017 7:08 AM

May 2015
saltncheese said:
Anko got fat... What has she been eating all this time?
A lot of dango apparently.
Apr 5, 2017 7:12 AM
Sep 2016
I. didn't like the beginning. Naruto isn't that weak but that kawaki guy boldly states he defeated him somehow, he didn't directly say he killed him.
another thing is borutos eyes, i was hoping he would stay pure as his sister already has the byakugan. giving him half is not cool.
that beginning, Borutos scar, that Mark that looks like they took a page from fairy tail.... etc it's a bad kinda okay start
Apr 5, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
MajinMirajane said:
does anyone know if Yasuharu Takahashi and Yaiba the ones making music for Boruto too?

They were listed in the OP so yes.
Apr 5, 2017 7:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Also, did anyone else notice that in the next ep PV, Boruto is using the exact same combo that Sasuke used in part 1 when he fought Kakashi during the bell scene
Apr 5, 2017 7:26 AM

Sep 2016
Z4k said:
MajinMirajane said:

They were listed in the OP so yes.

I like their music so that's great. Thanks.
Apr 5, 2017 7:38 AM

Dec 2013
Never gave Naruto anything more than a cursory glance when THAT manga first started. Followed a bit of the story because some of my friends were big fans, and then somehow managed to skip all the way to watch the last movie where Naruto ended up with a pair of kids at the end of it.

Can anyone confirm something to me? Can I assume that beginning sequence to mean Naruto's been killed off and their entire city's been destroyed?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2017 7:41 AM

Jan 2010
Ah this reckless boy... I'm excited to see Inojin in the next episode!
That weird aura around Denki though, I wonder if it'll reoccur in later episodes.
Pretty good episode. Boruto's interactions with his sister is the cutest but he needs to be more careful about voicing his opinions about dad around her. Otherwise, he's been such a good big bro. Not sure about being a role model for now but he's got that sense of justice his dad always had!

Till' next week~
Apr 5, 2017 7:59 AM

Mar 2017
Pretty good start, that first minute certainly caught my attention, made me intrigued as to wtf happened, this alone will keep me watching until that point and further on. I wonder whats with Boruto's eye? byakugan?
Apr 5, 2017 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
How funny way to be in his first day with the wagon right in Naruto's rock head xD

Kira_96 said:
is the anime is based on the manga, or it's original?

The first minutes are the same as the first chapter of the manga, the main difference so far is that the manga starts adaption Boturo the movie (chunin exams period) while the anime -as we can see- starts right when Boruto enters the academia.

I guess that they gonna do like Dragon Ball Super manga/anime, both gonna be the same story but in different paces since the anime is weekly and the manga is montly (so like Super in one moment the anime will surpass the manga in terms of story progression).

DRIG said:
Pretty good start, that first minute certainly caught my attention, made me intrigued as to wtf happened, this alone will keep me watching until that point and further on. I wonder whats with Boruto's eye? byakugan?

Yes, it is (he is Hinata's son after all). Himawari can on both eyes at the OVA where Naruto becomes Hokage. Just the black thin around his eye is unkown what is so far.
JoycdonnellApr 5, 2017 8:03 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Mar 2016
Hmm better than I expected, I hope this series won't flop. We got a good start at least.

Apr 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Isterio said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Lot of questions raised this episode with the snake thing that bit Denki and Boruto's eye plus the whole future thing. I kinda skipped the movie recap chapters of the manga so if they explained something, could someone explain it to me or at least direct me to the appropriate chapter?

Chapter 10 you´re welcome, but don´t expect much explanation the Manga relishes itself in avoiding any answers, but asking more questions inbetween the shitloads of filler it delivers.

Tokoya said:
The eye thing is knew but as for the tatoos, read chapter 10 (This chapter has more new stuff too)

2. The eye isn't an implant from Hinata or Himawari (And is rather something that Boruto will unlock on his own)

3. In relation to point 2, the theory of Hinata and or Himawari being dead is temporarily false

Thanks both of you, I'll check out chapter 10.

I actually never knew that there was even a theory 3, I only remember the whole implied Naruto death assumption based off the first scene in this episode. What was the 3rd theory based on?
Apr 5, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2013
It was ok. But its filler i think? I mean manga's first chapter wasn't like that. Will this be original series? The only thing same at anime and manga is the enemy who's shown in the beginning.
Apr 5, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
Still no chapter 700 adaptation :(

Honestly this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's only the first episode so there's still plenty of time for this to possibly become bad (hopefully that doesn't happen).

I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that they spoiled some important shit right from the start. And it wasn't even one of those "It's only spoilers if you actually know what to look for" it was pretty obvious spoilers.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 5, 2017 8:12 AM

Aug 2016
Do i have a bad memory or is the anime going original route? Because i don't recall this hapening in the manga at all.
Apr 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
strawhatpirate22 said:
I loved this episode! That start with Kawaki :oo
Didn't really like the opening, I think it will take some time to get used to it.
Should I start reading the manga? Boruto's eye seemed interesting.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Well, it's all up to you, whether you read the manga or just leave it forever. I think, the anime will cover the complete story to Boruto from his life in Ninja Academy until his fight to Kawaki.
Apr 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2017
[/quote]
Effulgence said:
Do i have a bad memory or is the anime going original route? Because i don't recall this happening in the manga at all.
IT HAS TO DO SOME ORIGINAL PART TO MAKE FILLERS TO MAKE AN 200+ ANIME EP(I THINK YOU KNOW BUT THE BEGINNING WAS IN THE MANGA)
Apr 5, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2016
Never seen Naruto but Imma try and keep up with this. Pretty decent start.
Apr 5, 2017 8:21 AM

Aug 2016
Effulgence said:
Do i have a bad memory or is the anime going original route? Because i don't recall this happening in the manga at all.
IT HAS TO DO SOME ORIGINAL PART TO MAKE FILLERS TO MAKE AN 200+ ANIME EP(I THINK YOU KNOW BUT THE BEGINNING WAS IN THE MANGA)[/quote]

Yes i recall the first min of the episode being in the manga, but the rest however seems new especially Denki.
Apr 5, 2017 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
shit i must finish all the shippuuden movies now that i think i miss some important parts
Apr 5, 2017 8:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Isterio said:

Chapter 10 you´re welcome, but don´t expect much explanation the Manga relishes itself in avoiding any answers, but asking more questions inbetween the shitloads of filler it delivers.

Tokoya said:

Thanks both of you, I'll check out chapter 10.

I actually never knew that there was even a theory 3, I only remember the whole implied Naruto death assumption based off the first scene in this episode. What was the 3rd theory based on?
Because of the Kakashi-ish scar on Boruto's eye, people thought that he lost his eye and got an implant and because a lot of people thought that it was a Byakugan, they assumed that he got it from Hinata or Himawari and usually when that happens, the person donating the eye(s) is dead (Izuna, Madara, Obito, Shisui, Itachi etc)
Apr 5, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
I watched the movie to prepare myself for this new series. It was great. OP and ED is good. Art and animation looks nice. The opening scene was very interesting. Boruto has an eye that wasn't shown in the movie. His entrance for the ceremony was amusing. He made a new friend. The thing that bit Denki raised some questions. It took control of him. Boruto's entrance for the ceremony was amusing. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 5, 2017 8:43 AM

May 2016
I guess this was not bad, but still the animation was not good tbh.
Apr 5, 2017 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope this series isn't drawn out...like 500 episodes. 50-100 should be sufficient. There was a lot to take in the first episode. While I am glad it seems like they will focus more on the kids, I wouldn't mind seeing Naruto being a parent at certain points, like how they did with Hinata.

The beginning was stupid, how can some Nerd (Probably Denki) take out Naruto, come on now. Plus that shadow snake...seemed kind of silly.

Other then that I am excited to see some of these other kids come into the mix. We know some of them already (Sarada, Chouchou, etc)
I am interested in this character and I hope they are involved somehow.

That would be the coolest ninja outfit ever!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2017 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
Badass boruto. But it will be very long to know about kawaki character
Apr 5, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2017
Joycdonnell said:
How funny way to be in his first day with the wagon right in Naruto's rock head xD

Kira_96 said:
is the anime is based on the manga, or it's original?

The first minutes are the same as the first chapter of the manga, the main difference so far is that the manga starts adaption Boturo the movie (chunin exams period) while the anime -as we can see- starts right when Boruto enters the academia.

I guess that they gonna do like Dragon Ball Super manga/anime, both gonna be the same story but in different paces since the anime is weekly and the manga is montly (so like Super in one moment the anime will surpass the manga in terms of story progression).

DRIG said:

Yes, it is (he is Hinata's son after all). Himawari can on both eyes at the OVA where Naruto becomes Hokage. Just the black thin around his eye is unkown what is so far.

Yea makes sense :P hes already beaten Naruto when he was around the same age :P
Apr 5, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2013
It looks good, this denki kid will be a regular now? and looks like orchimaru might be behind it with that snake thing.
Apr 5, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2016
That foreshadowing though... A great start for Boruto, even though he crashed the flippin train into the Hokage face xD

kikyo1hinamora said:
not bad i don't like boruto and why is the snake lady so fat
xD, it seems like she gained some weight.

Somehow in Boruto, it doesn't have the same feel as Naruto had. Oh well.
Apr 5, 2017 9:13 AM
Apr 2017
Awesome opening! I wonder what happened to Naruto, like what did Kawaki do? And whats up with their hands? Like seriously, this is so exciting! I cant wait for next week. I didnt think it would be this good.
#shocked #excited
Apr 5, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2014
captb1417 said:
strawhatpirate22 said:
I loved this episode! That start with Kawaki :oo
Didn't really like the opening, I think it will take some time to get used to it.
Should I start reading the manga? Boruto's eye seemed interesting.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Well, it's all up to you, whether you read the manga or just leave it forever. I think, the anime will cover the complete story to Boruto from his life in Ninja Academy until his fight to Kawaki.

Okay, thank you!!
Just Monika.
Apr 5, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, nice start. I'm sure, i will follow the next generation.

Boruto looks alot stronger as Naruto at this time. The modern style (Trains / PC) is also nice.
Apr 5, 2017 9:27 AM

Dec 2009
First off I have to say I love the high quality of animation they have seemingly made the standard for the Naruto universe since the last fight from Shippuden, the first scene in particular was beautifully done. Loved they included the flash forward from the manga showing how shit hits the fan in the future. Super interested about Kawaki and his relationship with Boruto (Apparently he killed Naruto :/). Loved the opening theme since Kana-Boon did it and it was bright and colorful to boot with a lot of style. In fact the opening theme really reminded me of the last Bleach opening theme, especially the part with the characters jumping the fence.

I Like that its starting way earlier then the manga storyline so it can flesh out other characters and hopefully adapt The 7th Hokage and the Scarlet Spring manga volume since it can fit into this current timeline. Since these academy episode feel like they'll have a slice of life feel to them I hope to see more of characters like Hinata and Himawari since so far in the manga/movie plots they didn't get much screentime. Some of these new anime original characters are also interesting looking and I like the next generation isn't only kids from parents we know. Waiting every Wednesday is going to be tough haha.

P.S. Himawari is the most adorable thing ever and I really hope she gets some awesome moments like from the OVA episode.

Apr 5, 2017 9:28 AM

Oct 2011
Denki is a mini Sasuke šŸ˜
What an enterance for Boruto XD
Apr 5, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2009
NVM, the opening DOES have clear Bleach homages

Source: https://twitter.com/czsczs/status/849627254611099648
Apr 5, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
SoraSenpai said:
The beginning was stupid, how can some Nerd (Probably Denki) take out Naruto, come on now. Plus that shadow snake...seemed kind of silly.

That wasn't Denki.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.