Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 7, 2017 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
Random killings, flat characters and relationships, dull plot... honestly I stopped caring as we got to the final few episodes, can get this to a 5/10 I suppose. Big disappointment for me.
Jan 10, 2018 2:26 AM

Jun 2008
The biggest disappointment of this season was how useless of a character the Chocolate man proved to be and how our main found their tragic end because of associating with him instead of something else.

At least Iok idiot died and thinks became better.
Jan 17, 2018 7:17 PM

Jul 2015
I haven't cried this much in a while.
Oh also I think I'm gay for Yamagi
Jan 30, 2018 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
What can I say... shit ending.
Feb 16, 2018 5:05 PM
Apr 2014
Just watched this anime, and I have to get the fucking feeling out of my system.
WHAT A FUCKING SHITTY ENDING.
I skipped through most of the episodes in Season 2 because I got bored.
It was not as good as the first one.
Hope I forget the second season and only remember the first one.
Feb 17, 2018 2:31 PM
Jan 2009
I know that Atra admitted to liking Kudelia and vice versa (don't remember which episode of this season). Is this a "I like you as a sister/friend" or "I like you as a lover?" confession?

Also, did those 2 really marry each (TV Tropes might be making that up in the "Happily Married" entry). Some web pages have people saying that it was confirmed at places like the following link: matomame.jp/user/bohetiku/59bb033f32a5ddabeafb. I will believe such a claim if the animation studio (Sunrise) themselves has confirmed this or if an official Sunrise representative was present during that event. Even if they didn't get married, 2 woman raising a kid together doesn't necessarily mean they are lesbians. Sometimes it could be 2 close friends helping raise the kid together.
Mar 27, 2018 3:57 PM

May 2012
Finally finished this one. It took me ages to finish the anime despite the fact that i was enjoying the episodes.

I didn't like the end. I didn't like how cornered Tekkadan was and had no way to win. They had to sacrifice themselves just so some of them would escape.

Rustal got away with everything he did and let a very bad taste in my mouht. At least he changed things around so what Fareed was trying to do Rustal did...mostly it seems.

Julietta survived...why? She should have died when Mika won against her in that last battle in space. It didn't make sense for Mika of all people to not kill her. She was such a nuisance and deserved to die. They let her live just so she would be the one to acknowledge the main characters efforts on the battlefield.

Iok died...good. At least he died.

I knew Mika was going to die in the end, but Orga too? C'mon.

Fareed was useless for the most part. I though he would have some trump card, but he didn't have anything. He was just counting with Tekkadan to do all the dirty job and when they got overpowered by those OP forbidden weapons they lost.
What he did was made the changes possible in the whole system and in the end in was beneficial for those who survived.

I guess the writers wanted to have an end where the main characters didn't win the fight like usual. I can understand that, but i'd rather had they win those last fights even if they didn't got everything they wanted.
I despise woke people.
Apr 29, 2018 2:20 AM

May 2017
So no damn way I could like this episode with Rustal Elion living it up at the end...thanks for ruining the entire season 2 for me by allowing that shit bag to get off scott free. He was just as much a piece of shit as the trash Nobliss... I'd even been fine with an unoriginal dual toilet death scene, him tripping down some stairs and breaking his neck....ANYTHING...but as it is I'm just pissed at this whole season due to this.

At least Iok is dead though (most annoying pansy ever....@#%#$ I wanted him dead his first episode), but to even somewhat kind of in the smallest of ways off set how they ended it with Rustal, they needed the death scenes of Iok and Nobliss to last like 15 mins of the 20 mins final episode. Maybe..just maybe if I got to watch them squirm in agony that entire time, I could have overcame just a WEEEEEE portion of my extreme annoyance that mother fucking Rustal is just dandy still...and that ho bag Juliet is still alive (why the @#%$^% didn't that bioch die 3 or 4 episodes ago, all the legit characters died real deaths dammit, no coming back, yet half the shit ass bad guys somehow lived on (happened with SEVERAL different characters, SEVERAL times...so dumb)....anyway, why the @#$# couldn't you just kill that ho Juliet off already...then you let HER...of all people take credit for killing Barbatos....she didn't even do shit, dammit!!!!!!).

I mean I get it can't be all sunshine and roses, hence half of Tekkadan getting it, the best Turbines characters all getting it, all of the decent organizations dissolving, but they just had to let mother f'ing Rustal be sitting pretty at the end. I can deal with the rest, but not Rustal on top of all that....... WTF was the author smoking???

Literally just leaves a very awful taste in my mouth about this whole damn season.... WTF were they thinking letting him off.... My ONLY solace is that I pray Ride and his bunch find that piece of shit, but dammit they could've shown it or eluded to it... I'm fine with sad endings and death and such, but tales of revenge are my favorite, and this was just the worst of the worst.... **SIGH**

Ah, grrrr....nothing else to say, was just a huge disappointment for me because of this.
StacycmcApr 29, 2018 2:49 AM
Apr 29, 2018 11:25 AM
May 2014
My favorite parts of this finale are:

-Ride killed Nobliss on the toilet to avenge Orga
-Akihiro crushed and killed Iok
-Kudelia is taking care of Atra and her son.

Things I hate:

-That bitch Julietta is still alive
-Rustal is seen as a hero and ends up with all the power

With that being said, I enjoyed this finale and thought it was a great gundam series overall. But I would have preferred if Mikazuki had killed Julietta before he died. Also, Rustal should have not been allowed to survive.
FinalGetsugaApr 29, 2018 11:32 AM
May 27, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2013
well this conclusion sure felt empty and lackluster. time well wasted on a meaningless 50 episodes of gundam...
May 27, 2018 1:02 PM
Aug 2017
I love this anime but when orga and mikazuki died that was very sad
He left his kid
I dont like anime when main charcter die😭
May 28, 2018 1:59 AM

Jun 2010
HibiChika said:
well this conclusion sure felt empty and lackluster. time well wasted on a meaningless 50 episodes of gundam...

Yeah, very well put.
Sep 27, 2018 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
Wow what absolute garbage this season was.
Nov 5, 2018 9:33 AM
Jan 2013
Haytin said:
Worst fucking ending ever. Ruined the ENTIRE show (50 fucking episodes) over the course of only 5 episodes. Wasted my time watching this shit. That ending was an absolute train wreck.

Exactly I totally agree with you!
Julietta, Iok, Jasley & Rustal it's worst characters cancer Seasons 2 who totally ruined !
Nov 10, 2018 4:01 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Why did Tekkandan and Teiwaz had to get screwed all over to hell and back in the second half?
Damn, did that second half piss me off.
As for Iok, goodbye and good riddance you retard.
Nov 10, 2018 4:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
JizzyHitler said:
WhiteApple said:
You cant call her innocent either. She works under Rustal, who was the dirtiest man in the whole series.
the dirtiest man in the whole series was arguably mcgillis not rustal. The entire series conflict was basically because of mcgillis' revolution even at the start where he was using tekkadan to his dirty work killing off carta and disrupting power in the ghjalahjorn. Rustal was a neccessarry evil to keep stability even if that gave way to corruption in the world, mcgillis would of offset that balance and set the world into an anarchistic power hungry struggle.

McGillis was a traitor towards galwhatever (I don’t hate him though) and brought so many members of tekkadan down with him.
Jun 3, 2019 1:15 AM

Aug 2015
Hmm, what to say about Iron Blooded Orphans. I find that the only Gundam timeline I like is UC and the alternate ones not so much. I like this better than Gundam Wing, at least.

There are a lot of obvious plot contrivances and and unintelligible political rambling about vague ideals. There is no fighting for democracy or rule of law, just crass grabs for power. The escape tunnel was a real deus ex machina; I don't know in what universe of logic planting an illegal weapon on your enemy make it legal to use the same illegal weapon by your own forces. Like many anime, it treats teenagers as fully rational adults, but with the added ick of child soldiering and lolis who accept the responsibilities of the brides of Imperial Japan. Say what you want about Rustel, at least he wasn't a lolicon. Truly, an anime for the 21st century of neocons, neoliberals and trash anime as we've lived it.

The emotional writing is fairly strong and the handling of homosexuality was pretty tasteful. The ending wraps up nicely, until one realizes they didn't give an ending to Elmiria's story. We even see Team Evil's evil sexy redhead engineer (who was obviously best girl, btw) one last time, but not Pedo-Char's bride.
Might have been nice to see more of Smooth Criminal Azee, that lesbian chic damn

I was actually surprised Rustel and Julietta never bought it, and that Tekkadan and Fareed failed miserably. I was pretty sympathetic to Julietta (second best girl) since she was kinda my type and certainly the least bad. I was pleased Iok paid for his heinous murders in the most brutal way possible (and the dumbass ofc had no idea why he was getting this divine retribution). Kudelia's political career, which we never see many details about, is what ultimately succeeds at getting a measure of reform accomplished, as opposed to insurgent violence; but only because the main antagonist apparently agreed with her the whole time? The death flags came pretty fast and furious and while I detected them all pretty quickly I did kinda hope I would be wrong.
Jul 30, 2019 2:51 AM

Dec 2012
Elgar is dead.
The tunnel is finished.
Dainsleif.
Mikazuki!!!!! Akihiro!!!!!
Mikazuki gets back up.
Oh shit! Akihiro....
Mikazuki's cockpit.
Akihiro found Iok.
Ike!!! Akihiro! Kill Iok!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IOK IS DEAD!!!!!!! Akihiro is the GOAT!
Akihiro....
Mikazuki's harem is praying for him.
MIKAZUKI!!!!!!
Barbatos!!!!!!
Kudelia cut her hair.
Bael.
Akihiro and Mikazuki name on the grave.
No more Human Debris.
Dat bitch Julieta.
Eugene.
Gaelio in a wheelchair.
Hey, Gaelio. Julieta eats butterfly.
Makanai is dead.
Takaki.
Chad.
Dante.
Ride is missing?

And that was the end. It was ok. If there was a problem I had, it would be that the Gundam had no presence. I can see Barbatos, but don't feel anything from it. I look at Wing Gundam and I can feel that its there. Akihiro killing Iok and Ride killing Nobliss left me satisfied. I'll miss my waifu's Kudelia and Fumitan. Shoutout to Eco.

RIP Orga and Harem King's Mikazuki Augus and Naze Turbine. I'll do my best to become the next Harem King.
RobJul 30, 2019 2:58 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 8, 2019 10:41 AM
Aug 2018
Great series and a more or less satisfying ending.
Aug 27, 2019 11:43 AM
Dec 2013
Well, that was horrible. What a amazing solid foundation which was quickly ruined in about 5-6 episodes if not an entire season in some points. I suspected that the second season would see earth and mars switch places, as earth having lost galahorns security guarantees over serious corruption through out it, the four economic blocs would descend into violence as they fought each other over control of earth and mars would continue to see kudelia and tekkadan with teiwaz improve the economy and living standards on mars. This was shown a bit in regards to the earth branch arc but no, we have, well this shit. Kudelia was absolutely useless this season and what a shame to a character that had so much time invested into. Her motivations, her desires for peace, for a better world for children on mars all amazing plot added to her and then boom, nothing. Sat at her desk, talked with main characters, cried, talked about babies, on track to become a 40 year old virgin.

The main villain Rustal if you can call him that is boring, plain and has no development. What Rustal does do however, is make the good and evil plot device completely irrelevant, for him being corrupt, crafty and evil for some bloody reason decides to enact policy change that the heroes, maccy, kudelia and tekkadan wanted todo. So what was the struggle of all this? What was gained and what was lost? Characters were killed, motivations were abandoned, plot was ruined and for what? The same end with the main cast dead? There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing the villain win its a nice change in a case of many stories close with heroes win and that's it. But I feel like I could have skipped this season just to find out that the heroes ideals win the day in spite of the fact that the person or rather faction they fought ultimately done what they envisioned, so.. Why fight? Waste of my time that's what.

If I had to sum up this season and whats wrong with it would be one word. Development. There simply is none, all main characters are diched by the road side to give the lime light to characters with no back story, no character development, no motivations, nothing they just are animated on screen. Rustal, Iok, Julietta are all centred around the plot for season two and for some reason NONE of them have their back stories explained, their motivations their desires. For all intents and purposes maccy being an absolute arsehole was a much better main villain, he had his horrible past expirences to call on and a desire to make a free-er and fairer world so much so that he was willing to abandon his friends to achieve this world, superseded by Rustal which I don't even know what he fought for, power? Okay, anything else? No.. Well okay then and that's not shit writing?

In closing, this was a poor, poor sequel to IBO, leaving me wanting nothing more than to forget this season ever happened and remember that mecha is and has always been about a lengthy story connected by its deep story telling, character development and motivations whilst big robots hack and rip each other apart in glorious combat always going for the squishy gooey human on the inside. This didn't scratch that itch, I won't be recommending it to my mates in the future, since it just ruins everything IBO season 1 was about. Progress, equality, sacrifice. But not when a villain hypocritically and stupidly becomes the hero whilst simultaneously killing those heroes.. I'd rate it a 4/10, 5 for occasional good fights if I'm being generously drunk.
Sep 5, 2019 2:25 AM

Jan 2019
For me this season was way better than the first one, in fact during this season I actually start caring for the main characters.

This show got a sad ending, but I have to say that it doesnt really bother me since it was well executed. It feels like our protagonist are more the antihero type than your usual all goody idealistic group who wants to save the world. Mika sure is cold and brutal, and at some point (specially during first season) I even felt more empathy for some of the enemies than the protagonist. However, I still end up at least understanding the position he and the others were in, and that at the end of the day it was just kill or be killed.

If I could point a few negatives, it would be that pretty much the only gundam you will see breaking havoc is Barbatos. Sure there are a few other gundams and cool mechas, but aside from the Barbatos vs Mobile armor, plus a few other battles between the other characters, most of what you see is Mika owning pretty much everything without breaking a sweat. In other gundam series I remember more epic battles between gundams.

Other problem perhaps could be the antagonists. What I mean with this is that during first season most people would assume that Fareed is the main antagonist, specially considering that not only he betrays his Friends, but he also indirectly use our protagonist to achieve his goals getting several of them killed in the process. However during second season he is actually allied with Tekkadan and the new antagonist is Rustal Elion. The problem with Rustal for me is that while he is indeed corrupt, he clearly is not in the wrong and the way in which the story develops during second season feels a bit like what happens in gundam seed Destiny, meaning: Our protagonists swap roles and becomes antagonists, Big difference with seed Destiny from Iron blood is that in iron blood we don't lose the focus from the protagonist, so the main focus keep being Tekkadan. While in seed Destiny it is just one of the protagonist who end up in an antagonistic role.
Still, even considering all that, this show was ok for me.
Sep 16, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
IBO feels like Akame ga Kill in the skin of Gundam franchise. And even as shitty as AgK is, at least the show actually punished the antagonist.

And Mikazuki is probably one of the worst Gundam protag in the entire franchise, only slightly better than the universally hated ones like Kio or Kira. I really couldn't careless about them getting off'd for good and letting the biggest douchebag to probably die of old age comfortably in a warm bed.

Should just let Nagai had his way since the fans of this show apparently likes to oversells the "REALISM GAIS GOOD PEEPS DIED AND SHIT LMAO" part to show why it's better than Naruto or Bleach.
Dec 19, 2019 4:44 AM

Jun 2012
How can this ending be so satisfying yet so disappointing at the same time.
Dec 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2016
I honestly thought I was gonna hate this s2, and I kinda did, but only because the bad guys did win. But I give it 8/10 because the overall story, tone, messages, and script outweigh any negatives I really has.
Funny how the two seasons were the polar opposites of each other, s1 having Tekkadan triumph with the world worsening, whereas s2 has them losing and dying out in exchange for the world finally becoming an easier and better place to live. It wasn’t ideal, but the overall payoff wasn’t as bad as I initially thought it would be.

Audiovisuals were amazing as always.
Jan 16, 2020 11:38 AM
Jan 2011
If anything this ending was realistic. So realistic. Good guys don't necessarily win. A loss may be a win. The last stand was incredible. Utterly moved!
Jan 25, 2020 8:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
best and most enjoyable gundam I've seen so far. Damn depressing tho. Kudelia is waifu.

Also.. only thing I'm disappointed about is that Mikazuki didn't make baby with Kudelia as well.
Feb 20, 2020 2:18 AM

Feb 2012
I appreciated at least some of the scum getting what they deserved. Iok, the idiot, deserved to go out like the punk he was - And I loved watching Akihiro go full Berserk Guts on his ass. Nobliss getting gunned down on the toilet was the perfect ending for the shit stain, he was.

Overall, rough feelings were felt but it was a solid ending.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mar 17, 2020 11:51 AM
Mar 2016
Damn it felt like a masterpiece..till Orga's death which came out kinda cheap and after that the show dipped I feel. Didn't expect everyone to die tho holy shit. Even Mikazuki. Naze's death was the saddest. RIP to everyone.

It's actually realistic for once, they didn't win beyond the odds by the magic called Plot Armor, especially in Gundam.

The show itself had its ups and downs. The earth conflict looked disconnected to the main story. The middle part tho was my fav in the entire series and was very engaging. They were in the point of no return caught in a deep mess and they had to fight the entire army by themselves. The characters were morally grey which is awesome.

Iok's death was so satisfying. Son of a bitch got crushed like a bug. Wanted Rustal die too but whatever, atleast Nobliss died.

In the end the people with true power won. Tekkadan and Mcgillis gave the people a bright future. Others got their homes. So their deaths had meaning T-T

8 or 9/10 otherwise 10 if not for the ending. Holy Shit I finished it in 2 days, 17 eps in a single day. WOOOOOOO~
Darkfiend47Mar 17, 2020 11:56 AM
Mar 30, 2020 10:40 AM

Dec 2017
What a series. I enjoyed this second season a lot, and I did not expect that ending. 9/10

Jun 8, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2014
Love the downfall of Tekkadan. Not every anime you see this kind of "unfortunate" development for our protagonists.

Unfotunately the S2 antagonists ruins completly the anime. At S1 I felt fair because both sides lose important figures in the same way like Tekkadan does but at S2 all of them had plot armor! Really, Julieta & Iok should be death episodes ago (I only can forgive Gaelio one since his participation in S2 is well made).

... and speaking of Iok, HE IS THE WORST CHARACTER OF ALL GUNDAMVERSE. Seriously, he is a unbearable reckless i--ot who gives foreign shame. That he is the reason of Naze's death is an insult for me. I would prefer an random black suit guy kill Naze than the bad of Iok. Would be better is Iok exchange roles with the bearded mercenary Galan. Galan has brain and would be more sinister if he was responsible of the awakening of the Mobile Armor + downfall of Turbine instead be responsible of the boring mini-arc of the Tekkadan's earth branch.

McGillis is a disappointment, so much plot to get the Gundam one but nothing to do after getting it?

And Mars got its happy ending yay.... wait wat... all Tekkadan's struggle and downfall was to get that goal, that's why they joined McGillis (implying that if Rustal take over Ghallahorn, he would keep Mars as colony from Earth) , only to die in "vain" because Rustal would give it the independence anyway... and why did he do that? He didn't say anthing before.... exactly! THERE IS NOTHING OF BACKGROUND/STORY ABOUT ELION RUSTAL. He was just there because yes. Only to give a face the Ghallahorn's enemy branch. that is all... wow that add more bad taste to all this.

The anime should just ended in season 1.
Dec 9, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Hmmm well that was pretty good. The final battle seemed appropriate, and the epilogue gave some good closure to everything. Rustal retained power but made needed changes, and the Tekkadan members got to do things instead of fighting. I feel like Julietta is a very poorly developed character with one personality trait and then a sudden change. That could be said of others too. Her dialogue at the end felt sort of forced, a somewhat clumsy moral to the story. Overall, the second season seriously stumbled in the middle with mobile armor, bad character development, contrived plot points, and an overabundance of character deaths in very telegraphed ways. After the end, it turned out better than it was going for a while thankfully.

When I really think about this second season though, it really feels like more than half of it could be totally cut with almost no issue. There's a lot of padding here that really doesn't do a service to anybody, either the characters or the audience.
satyrelfheimDec 9, 2020 9:23 AM
Feb 10, 2021 9:09 PM
Apr 2019
This showed various forms of love and friendship beyond measure that you normally don't see in anime. I was very sad to see the relationships to be crushed more towards the end due to character deaths, however each one pushed along the storyline. I was still disheartened to see so many favored characters die.
Aug 9, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 2017
I wish ,I had never seen season 2. they really messed up the second cour especially mccglise chracter was ruined he was nothing like what we saw in season 1.
In seasone 1 we saw that macglise is smart and preety good in fighting , but suddenly he becomes stupid enough to just start a huge war just because he could operate a machine and thought thought because of that other corrupted members of seven stars whould sudenly have change of hearts and give up on their power to help him .
that bitch Julliet was anoying as shit from the start to the end .why the hell she survived its stupid
CanopusnierAug 9, 2021 7:01 PM
Aug 15, 2021 6:05 AM

Sep 2014
I forgot how good this show is, a bit too tragic but atleast Iok died.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
OH my, So many people here hated the whole season 2

While I enjoyed almost EVERYTHING about it. I don't know. I don't watch every gundam in existance. maybe this is one of the worst ones. but I just loved how even every death results in everyone else moving forward.

10/10 for me.

Most of the last 6 episode was Heart crushing for me. and I love when a show does it right. It's easy to see melodrama for the sake of melodrama which takes you out of the experience. but this was the exact opposite. every death, every victory, every loss added to it. and Rustal was such a Jerk yet magnificent Antagonist.

Olga Best character
Dec 27, 2021 10:01 AM
Feb 2019
Just finished it. Well, as a whole, Iron Blooded Orphans was a fun and entertaining story. I'm not the biggest fan of the direction it took half way through the second season, but I get what they were going for and it was at least different from every other gundam show in this regard.

My only real complaint would be the send offs our main characters got. I understand that its realistic and sad... but all I wanted to see was Mikazuki fuck as much shit up until going down.... which he kind of did, but not to the extent I wanted. It also pissed me off how that girl took his life in the end. She was such a terrible character... and for her to have the last swipe to end Mika's run was VERY disappointing.
Jan 13, 2022 10:45 PM
Jul 2016
I know they wanted to change things up and have the heroes lose(die) in the end which did make things a little more interesting. But it pissed me off seeing how that lying, cheating, rule violating, sack of shit Rustal not only won but came out completely unscathed. And for that I had to down rate the show a little.
Jan 17, 2022 7:27 PM

Jun 2012
Surprised that they killed off all the protags and let the "bad" guys live. The dude Rustal committing war crimes and hes now president of the universe. Leaves a bad taste in ya titties.
Feb 17, 2022 3:02 AM
Aug 2018
Well.... goodbye orga,mikazuki,Akihiro you did it guys even after your death, they have a place to live now without killing
Ride took his revenge from nobelles for killing orga
Akihiro KILLED IOK AND TOOK HIS REVENGE
G.O.A.T
Mikazuki finally found peace with orga's soul that was kinda heart warming right before the waterfall that came out of my eyes
The ending was sad but for a reason, it gave a happy ending to the rest of tekkadan
Mikazuki's son at the end looks like him and he is wearing the 3 bracelets I hope that he can see barbatos someday
Now i can look at my barbatos figure proudly
Tekkadan forever
Jun 21, 2022 8:52 AM

Jan 2009
I'm one of the people also disappointed with this ending. I really liked the premise and the build up but I feel these last 10 episodes or so have just been all over the place. One of the biggest issues is pretty much all the new characters added were unlikable or just full of "plot armor". There is no realistic way Julieta should be alive, she lives and our main characters die because that's the "realism" of war, just doesn't add up.

Also McGillis turned into a complete caricature of himself at the end, and to top it all of his dream is lived through Rustel and not Gaelio? A man who showed no remorse and his position to root out corruption came out of nowhere? At least with Gaelio it would have been earned and felt way more natural.

Overall a 7/10, great action, great premise, some great characters but it just fell short at the end IMO.
Aug 27, 2022 10:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I would be lying if I said the finale isn't a tad bit disappointing, but I feel it was just about right even then. Mcgillis's plan to unsettle the world big time would've brought even greater chaos and Tekkadan couldn't possibly have overcome the might of the Arianrhod Fleet without some key sacrifices, so I'm satisfied somewhat with the narrative here.

Fact that Rustel was the one pulling the strings behind the complication in Tekkadan's Earth branch and got away with it is honestly what bothered me most. It was the arc that really impressed me because of the dark tonal change, and so left quite an impression. I suppose Ride's team will try and get Rustel next but I doubt they'll even get close, but well that's life. At least he carried over some of Mcgillis's ideologies, although that kind of felt for the plot's convenience.

Seeing the other members lead a different life now was very reassuring. Merribit-san expecting her second child, that's quick development lol. Takaki's on his way to greatness as well, that's nice! Mature Atra looked stunning though, Mikazuki missed it lmao. Little Mikazuki seemed to have the perks of the late Mikazuki coupled with a bit of mischievousness. I'm glad they spared a whole 10 mins for it.

All in all, I found this season to be more engaging this season with the stakes obviously higher and the arcs getting right to the point. Also, it might sound weird, but how Tekkadan had to face the harsh consequences of their decisions, it felt more realistic and touching this way. 8/10 from me.

Goodbye, Tekkadan! You'll not be forgotten.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2022 8:15 PM
Sep 2022
Not seeing Mika and Kudelia became a thing was a bit disappointing, but expected.

Season 2 wasnt as good as 1 unfortunately, but still was super enjoyable. Cried a bit when Mika and Lafter died, even though it was necessary.
Oct 13, 2022 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
GAELIOCHADS WE WON

Great, bittersweet ending, I'm really glad Okada had the balls to do this. Every side was morally grey as hell, so it only made sense to come to this. Yeah, Rustal was as bad as McGillis, but in the end Tekkadan's sacrifice give the push for changing Gjallahorn's and Mars. Him "winning" is realistic.
8/10, much better than S1 but people will complain because one child soldier who happened to be on the wrong (?) side survived.
Oct 15, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2020
I prefer the S1 over this one but it's still not enough for me to lower the score.
7/10 could have been better if it wasn't rushed.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 16, 2022 4:02 PM

Jan 2021
This is my first ever Mecha anime that i watched and after finishing it it crushed my soul, that fool Julietta really won against Mika which isn't fair, It just isn't, Mika wasn't ready to die, he had so much he promised to Kudelia & Atra but ended up dying as a hero together with Akihiro, also Orga died a gruesome death, I still can't believe it, both Lafter & Orga shot dead for no reason, I'm really happy that Kudelia & Atra are together now with the baby, I really wish them well in their future adventures, and rip to all tekkadan soldiers that died on the battlefield, at least Ride got his revenge for the death of Orga, he literally shot Nobliss dead in the bathroom, he deserved it, also i will never ever forgive Rustal for his foolish actions.

Anyhow apart from that, this was such an amazing story and the characters were amazing, visually it looked awesome as well, really hope those who survived will live a peaceful life.

Tekkadan forever.
__andre__Oct 16, 2022 4:17 PM
Jan 10, 2023 6:01 PM
Dec 2022
great ending to the series
Feb 12, 2023 4:35 AM

May 2010
The first season was quite good, but the last five episodes ruined that impression. The second season was so-so for most of the time, but it clearly improved towards the end. I find the last few episodes splendid and wouldn't change anything about them (maybe except for Shino's death). In fact, this closure is probably the most full, complete and satisfying of all seven Gundams I've seen. Except for Shino's death and poor Yamagi having been left behind, I enjoyed everything here.

I loved it how we didn't really know who is good and who is bad in the final battle, a marvellous solution! We supported the Tekkadan, but we could clearly see that the other side is right, too. (Except for Iok, who shouldn't have been given mercy to live until the episode 25; he was even more annoying than Catra, and stupid to the bone).

I loved it how the main character (Mika) was psychologically disturbed (bordering a sociopath) and never changed into someone else - and how the very same can be said about McGillis. I hate it when the creators suddenly and baselessly change the character's personality and turn the bloody bastards or psychopaths into caring individuals (see Lelouch, yuck), but here they stayed themselves, and we just had to accept that. (I agree I was pretty upset when McGillis showed his true colours, because I considered his and Gaelio's friendship very beautiful). It was great that in IBO the creators wouldn't whitewash anyone, only show that the characters, even those most disturbing or hardly likeable, were just humans: with bad and good traits, with aspirations and desires, and someone who must suffer the consequences of who they are and what they do.

I loved it how there was a downfall of the protagonists (quite a unique approach) and how the main heroes didn't survive the story. No sugar happy end, and yet there WAS a happy ending for many characters, and the general message is positive and full of hope.

I loved it how the show ended with the final battle of Tekkadan vs. Gjallarhorn on Mars - exactly like it had started; a beautiful symbolism.

I loved the development of Gaelio, who grows up and become a complete man during the second season. He was such a kid at the beginning, but then he comes as a very wise man in the end. Julieta is another character that grows during the second season. It can be also said about many characters in the Tekkadan, Eugene and Ride above all.

I loved the novel approach to the theme of the relationships: we pretty much had a relationship of three people, the underage making children (pretty courageous, I'd say, for a show addressed to the teens), and then a family of a kid and two moms at the end.

All in all, the ending of IBO improved my view of the series as "finis coronat opus" and left me greatly satisfied. Even though I haven't become a Gundam fan despite trying for half a year, I'm certain IBO would stay on my mind for a longer time.
Mar 15, 2023 11:45 PM
Aug 2021
This was a roller coaster.
Apr 21, 2023 9:32 PM
Apr 2023
good, not as good as the first season but still really good.
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 AM

Feb 2019
These last two episodes, I had a feeling Mikazuki wasn't going to survive this. And he didn't, nor did Akihiro, nor did Hush, and nor did other members of Tekkadan.

I wanted Rustal Elion to die. I wanted Julieta to die. I wanted Gaelio to die. I wanted everyone who plotted against Tekkadan to die.

Turns out Rustal Elion made Gjallarhorn better. The irony is that he couldn't have done it without the so-called McGillis Fareed Incident. Without him, things would've stayed as they were and no changes would've been brought. He doesn't seem to be a dictator, at least. He made Gjallarhorn more democratic which means he gave up some of his power as the most powerful of the Seven Stars remaining, and he signed that Human Debris Abolishment Treaty with Kudelia. So he did give some good stuff. I still don't like him though, and maybe I still want him dead. Because it was his fault that Tekkadan died, and that Tekkadan became a name that wasn't respected, but rather hated.

I'm on the fence for Julieta as well. She doesn't seem as bad and stupid as I first thought, but I can't forgive him for making Shino fail.

I guess I don't want Gaelio to die as much anymore. His position is understandable, as his best friend murdered his childhood friend and tried to murder him as well.

But boy am I glad that Iok Kujan died, and he died painfully by the hand of Akihiro. How fitting.

It's great seeing how everyone ended up. Kudelia becomes the chairperson of the Martian Union and kicking arse at it. I see Takaki is doing well on Earth. Eugene and Chad doing good work under Kudelia. Zack and that big buy finding decent jobs. The Old Man and Ms. Merribit raising a cute family together! It seems Yamagi, Dante, and that ex-Human Debris boy are doing well as well.

And of course, we have mini Mikazuki. He looks cute. He looks like Mikazuki but with Atra's hair. Grown up Atra sure is real different, she got tall. I'm glad that they're all happy and it seems that after everything they finally have a more peaceful existence for them.

But in the end, this did not end the way I thought it would. Usually, the enemies of your protagonist don't win. And here they did, and somehow because of that the world's a better place. And not because the protagonists were evil either, but it's just how things ended up. It's hard to say who the villain is, though personal feelings make me hate Rustal Elion still.

8/10.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.