Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 18, 2019 5:18 AM
Dec 2018
Gotta wait for second season, hopefully it becomes reality.
Sep 24, 2019 11:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, this show is just as awesome as I remember it to be!

Tanya's egotistical traits and her atheism beliefs is quite something really, to say the least. Mad props to Aoi Yuuki for absolutely perfecting this role, this is definitely one of my favourite individual VA role of the medium. A perfect example of this impeccable combo were those final moments showcasing it all, almost as though in reply to Mary's little moment of rise.

Pretty action-less finale but it was nice to see some more focus on the two different sides of the fray. Great to have a little recollection of sorts from Tanya's side too, humans really are foolish and while her idea of wiping out the chain of hatred does sound plausible it's definitely inhumane considering the acts that'll have to be taken in order to achieve that and set it in stone. Dope conversation there with the Lieutenant, as a whole.

Overall, this was some fantastic rewatch! Found this experience to be absolutely enthralling (9.50/10) as well, maybe a tad more this time thanks to not having weekly waits I suppose! Appreciated some of those subtle comedic scenes at the end of the episodes too, they were simply glorious xD.

Action choreography were really good and tense (slight question marks over Tanya's Opness of course but that aside not many issues to point out), the Sound Department (9.0/10) did wonders throughout (Op, ED, Osts and VA were all fab) and the Animation (9.0/10), as a whole, was really commendable especially more so given that this was Studio Nut's first major production. All in all, a well-deserved 8.50/10 despite it not having the best of Storylines (7/10) and Character Development (7/10), aside from Tanya obviously.

Props to CR for subbing the Movie and as a consequence giving me a valid reason to check this out once again, will definitely go and watch the movie ASAP now!

Season 2 better be on its way!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2019 6:39 AM

Jun 2019
The overall pretty interesting, story wasn't enough but Actions was really good I like it.
Tanya's logic was really interesting.
Looking forward to watching the new movie. (10/7)
lettuce<3
Oct 11, 2019 1:43 PM
Jun 2013
I kind of get what tanya was saying with her big ol speech, but you cant really stomp out the hatred the people have for you. Its still going to grow again. Also theres a reason why tanya was killed in the last life. I'm pretty sure there were others that wanted to push him into a train or wish him death he just finally broke that one person who said F it. Also finally one mary sue to face down tanya mary sue.

Overall I thought the show was good with some fumbles along the way. I dont know why it tried to take a serious tone when it doesn't fit the plot at all and just comes off disjointed. This is a story about tanya vs being x and not much else matters. In other words stick to having a comedic tone.
souledge94Oct 11, 2019 1:47 PM
Nov 9, 2019 12:54 PM
Sep 2007
I think Tanya was right. Not taking human emotions into account is a big mistake. Resting on your laurels when other side feels humiliated and seeks revenge is asking for trouble. Victory doesn't lasts forever.

Free Republic sweared to fight Empire to the very end. Yep, it's not over yet.

That speech at the end was epic. Being X probably won't take that lightly. Way to show middle finger, Tanya!

Now let's wait for the second season...
korsarzNov 9, 2019 1:11 PM
Nov 26, 2019 5:59 PM

Sep 2016
Lol her enemy is literally Mary Sue.

Anyway, I feel misleaded by the "evil" in the title.
She isn't that evil, yet.

Also it's all that Entity X's fault.
Without that, no big problem, just your average salaryman with a shitty job consisting of firing people. Someone's gotta do it.
bruh
Dec 10, 2019 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Not much action in here, just boring talking. The most interesting parts were the ones with summarizing the war and how it affected the world and of course Mary's enlistment.

The anime was cool and entertaining with original concept. I liked it. :)
Jan 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Feb 2018
So this is need seasson 2?
Feb 9, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
Well got damn it all to hell, fk being x.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 2017
I want more. It's too good. I wanna see my taniya mooooore.
Vimu
Apr 3, 2020 9:06 PM

Mar 2020
Show started off great but these past 4 episodes were kinda weak. Not to mention aside from Tanya, the characters in this show are seriously bland and boring. They really did a whole ass backstory on that father and gave him all that screen time and the power of god just to kill him off in 5 minutes, not to mention that dumb red explosion he did that didn't do shit. and now they trying to hype up his daughter lol hell no

Nonetheless, it was still enjoyable. Hope the movie is better tho
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 16, 2020 10:55 PM

Aug 2019
that was an incredibly interesting anime, the world it was set in, the protagonist, the similarities to past events of our world but utilising the twist of magic and alternate realities.
Story and plot, was very well done. A world with countrys and empires closely resembling ours in the 1900s, each housing incredible military capabilities finally caves in and a world war begins. However with the discovery of magic the advancements to technology are much different and to some extent the combat as well, this leads to interesting concepts and ideas of a faction war with different fighting styles and strategies being formed. Compared to our wars, we see the Empire (our Germany) actually be invaded by a force know as the Republicans, given them a reason to fire back and conquer more land. Due to the protagonist we are given, we are given more POVs from the Empire which i personally don't mind, they used good plans and strategies to properly win the war and defend their fatherland
Attention to detail was very nice (i'm not all to amazing when it comes to history but i do know my bits so please excuse me), although it is a fiction world, factions used their respectable rifles/weaponry look-alikes as well as uniforms
Now for the "protagonist" herself. I loved Tanya (please don't get the wrong idea i swear to fucking God). I know she hardly makes out as a protagonist because she's literally evil incarnated with what she does, but then again this anime isn't even trying to hide it's entire "super villain" vibe to it from which i love. Things like the intro, to how our majority of our POVs are from the Empire who are very closely resembled to Germany which people usually see as the "bad guys" when it comes to the world wars because of their contribution in ww1 and ww2 all give us this different experience like a twist to the regular story this time with a different mc.
Yes, she has a harsh way of thinking where everyone is expendable and only thinks of ways that benefit herself disregarding what that could mean for others, but honestly most of what she does is justified. Her sadistic yet cunning character that could be seen as a manifestation of her being reborn from her previous life being a office worker which also might of helped with her being constantly shown as a loyal solider is what makes her interesting since everything she does in the war is to help contribute to the Empires victory. The fact she's does all of these things while practically being 10 year old is...pretty fucking hilarious on top of all of it but still.
One down side i must say about this anime is, side characters such as , Wilibald, Rhiner, Weiss and Viktoriya were really hard to remember. The anime does a pretty...eh job at highlighting them which sucks since they are supposedly quite trusted by Tanya as they have been given the privileged to leadership their own separate squadrons, but which to be fair there are only 12 episode to this anime and i guess there isn't enough time to be developing on side characters.
The ending overall was nice, we got a justified answer to why the war wouldn't end thus leading to maybe a season 2
and more.
Overall, good anime loved how they handle the militaristic + alternate world with magic theme and hope they make more of this series in the future.
Dec 7, 2020 1:11 PM

Feb 2020
So the war made Tanya mature on some level while at the same time becoming even more messed up than she was before. Somehow, it works.
Now I'm interested to see how this will play out in the movie, especially with Mary who's clearly taking the path of hatred that Tanya decided to erase (I knew Mary would want to avenge her father, I KNEW IT).

I give this show a 6, I kept hesitating between 5 and 6 until the few last episodes that made me think the show really wasn't all that bad, it just could've been way better. Tanya was the only actually good character which made everything else be very boring at times but well, I hope it will improve in the movie. It has the potential, at least.
Dec 8, 2020 9:29 PM

May 2020
"Oh..God...I WILL CUT YOU IN PIECES AND FEED YOU TO THE PIGS"

WOW

I NEED MORE TANYA
Jan 5, 2021 4:38 AM

Oct 2020
I liked it. I hope they make a season 2. If I'm being honest I only watched it to better understand Isekai Quartet
I'll rate it an 8/10.
Mar 20, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
Somehow I want Tanya to go against the top brass for making such stupid decisions, she wouldn't be in that mess if they just listened to her. That speech about humans was great though and unfortunately it holds much truth.

This anime definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm not even entirely sure why I enjoyed it so much, by its genres it's not something I usually like. Maybe those were just the Overlord vibes, but the whole thing was just really well done with an interesting protagonist (or antagonist?). Guess the movie will be interesting, though I don't think Tanya will have to fight the daughter already. 8/10
May 3, 2021 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
The last episode~! OwO

This last episode is telling us that there will be a World War right? Hehe, interesting! The Unified States will be owoing and stuff idk.

Lol that speech she gave.
Jun 19, 2021 2:57 PM
Mar 2021
Pipe said:
There is a big chance for a second season. Lets see if it is possible since the story isn't concluded
lmao love reading these now makes me smile
Jun 21, 2021 9:10 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
An interesting anime series. I feel like Being X just placed Tanya in a world which she could excel and feel at home ...... all the while being trapped in a repeating cycle. I gave it a 7/10 and did enjoy it.
Jul 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2017
&++ that is that! It's a nice thing that this anime is getting a 2nd season. Tanya's speech at the end was something incredible
Sep 2, 2021 12:42 PM
Jan 2015
My fav part of this episode is a dialog with Tanya and Erich I loved it, sure it was without action but not every episode should have action with season 2 on the way I cant wait to see how Tanya will be expanded as a person, will she rise above Beaing X (god) and prove him wrong or vise versa! I love that they dedicated an episode just for dialog not action
Oct 16, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 2020
Her speech at the end is the best speech i've ever heard of praying God.
Dec 15, 2021 5:33 AM
Dec 2021
5 reason why this anime good

1. The story
2. Animation quality
3. There's no fanservice
4. World War
5. Tanya

8.5/10
Jan 23, 2022 6:05 AM

May 2020
And yes as predicted the cycle of hate repeated itself, and declarations of war are already in place. It would've been much better had they listened to Tanya's plead earlier. But yeah good for us, will have Tanya in action once again.

Really one of those shows which I wish I'd have watched earlier, one of those isekai to add. Onto the movie now, 8/10.
Feb 17, 2022 7:56 AM
Feb 2022
Good war story whit a kid that is fighting a god
Apr 5, 2022 12:54 AM

Jun 2019
My 187th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Sep 6, 2022 3:57 AM
Mar 2022
I love the call back to the end of the first episode:

"She's a monster in the form of a little girl!
Dec 19, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 2022
tanrıyla teketek atıp kazandı saçma
Feb 5, 2023 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
reason i haven't watched it yet is, i am worried about possible bad ending

Best ending is if she stands on top of the world, if she becomes the Overlord

worst ending if mc dies

in animes overall worst ending is if MC dies or MC love interest/possible gf or wife dies or leaves specially if its for dumb reason cause love interest thinks he or she is holding him or her back, doesn't let him or her decide whatever he or her want's to sacrifice hes or hers career
Sugram22Feb 5, 2023 5:29 AM
Mar 16, 2023 4:20 PM
Mar 2023
Episode 12 of The Saga of Tanya the Evil brought a satisfying conclusion to the season with a thrilling and action-packed episode. The animation and sound design were top-notch, as expected from this series, and the battle scenes were intense and well-executed.

However, I couldn't help but feel that some of the character development that had been building up throughout the series was cut short in this final episode. While the action was exciting, it felt a bit rushed at times, leaving me wanting more in terms of story and character development.

Despite this, the episode still provided a satisfying conclusion to the season and set the stage for what could be an even more exciting second season. The cliffhanger ending definitely left me eager to see what's next for Tanya and her battalion.

Overall, I would rate Episode 12 of The Saga of Tanya the Evil a 4 out of 5. While it had some minor flaws in terms of character development and pacing, it was still a thrilling and satisfying conclusion to the season that left me wanting more.
Apr 8, 2023 10:40 PM
Apr 2023
Temná a zákeřná hlavní postava dodává nádeh tomuhle Isekai
Apr 18, 2023 12:06 PM
Apr 2023
I don´t think this is a masterpiece , but it surely is my favourite and enjoyed it like a kid
Apr 19, 2023 3:54 PM
Apr 2023
como o ultimo episodio esperava que a gerra fosse acabar e não que abrissem espaço para uma nova temporada, por mais que eu tivesse ficar relativamente surpreso que a tanya não falou com deus, ou seja, nenhum dos lados cedeu, o que significa que o foco do anime não havia terminado, por isso acreditei na possibilidade de uma nova temporada, mas não sabia como eles iam fazer isso, já que a gerra teria acabado sendo impossível montar um bom anime, então o o final abaixaria minha nota bastante, ou haveria uma segunda temporada ruim, ou eles dariam um jeito de continuar a gerra, existia 2/3 de chance de eu abaixar minha nota e 1/3 de chance de continuar com a mesma nota, e a menor probabilidade foi a que venceu, que bom que eles souberam continuar o anime, achei muito bom.
Apr 21, 2023 6:37 AM
Jan 2021
wow that was great
Jun 27, 2023 10:36 PM
Nov 2021
Such a beautiful masterpiece
Aug 28, 2023 6:28 AM

Apr 2020
We are now against the entire world!.....and Mary

Tanya's edgy speech at the end was also funny
Aug 29, 2023 8:01 PM
Jan 2023
nice to pass time ngl
Nov 9, 2023 9:53 PM

Nov 2016
pretty shocked how mind blowing this is. i had a good ride despite it not having lots of funnies. while i do share some concerns with others i do hope theyll try to still be bad butts with s2

welp back in the days people were much tougher unlike nowadays you look at someone while not wearing glasses, they sue you for xxxual assault
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Nov 2023
While the finale didn't have much action, it still was a fun anime episode. Honestly, this is such a great anime adaptation of "The Military Chronicles of a Little Girl (Youjo Senki)". The animation was really high quality, all the animators poured their hearts and ideas into this artwork. Thanks for all the hard work and entertainment.
Feb 18, 12:53 PM

Nov 2023
The ending is definitely meant to set up a second season, and it's been confirmed, but there's no news on when it'll come out.

I watched it in basically one sitting, and honestly, it's one of my favorites. I enjoyed every single episode of it, and if the second season doesn't come out anytime soon, I'll go ahead and read the novels.
Apr 10, 12:25 PM
Jul 2023
Nem acredito, passei bastante tempo de minha vida, até agora, ouvindo falar desse anime. Nunca pensei que iria assistir, mas cansei de ouvir falar dele.
Então, decidido, assisti. Nunca imaginei que iria gostar, nunca foi do meu interesse ver essa coisa de guerra, acho que, como tem magia no meio e menina fofinha (psicopata), eu gostei.
Apr 24, 8:26 AM
Oct 2017
Okay so here my thoughts on the anime in general. When I was recommended this anime I was intrigued by name Tanya of Evil, I thought we would get someone with a lot of blood-lust and someone who would do anything to achieve her status of power, I knew it was an isekai and I was willing to put up with the whole "loli" aspect of the character if it had a compelling narrative, but it seems that the title itself is not really accurate, it is only a localization blunder, and her character is actually more strategical than plain evil. The crazy bits of her character seem to be exaggerated either by the anime or the story itself put it is clear is just smoke and mirrors to make the protagonist more "fun" than what she actually is. Overall, this is what I have seen:

- The character is put in a situation where they lack the social advantages to advance, this would have been interesting to see, but they were given enough magical power to make them competent.
- There is no clear reason as to why Tanya has to fight so early in her childhood, she just says that its her only choice, but no sense of urgency is given to let the army join her so soon.
- Considering that the character went through a full reincarnation, it would be fair to say that her brain is starting to develop again, nevertheless this doesn't show and Tanya is given a logical, reason focused thinking when it comes to battle and strategic planning. She is shown having some breakdowns, but it is never a plot that is followed up, another aspect of the issues her new body would give her that is not followed upon.
- Her strength and stamina seem to be the same as an adult's, sure, they use magic and guns most of the time, but she is seen kicking, pushing and even hurting people with no physical problems, another issues of her body that is not followed upon.
- Never she is seen to be not taken seriously because of her age or gender, aside two or three mentions of concern of sending a child to a war. Not followed upon.
- While the story focuses in the battle and war tactics, reading the commentaries of episodes before it seems that the strategical thinking is heavily reduced in the anime. More than that, having only one side with an ace up their sleeve comes as rather boring since there is no competent adversary for the enemy to fight. I have been watching other war focused anime like Legend of the Galatic Heroes, where we see the fighting from two sides, which makes the strategical thinking of war a lot more interesting with the two sides trying to outsmart each other.
- Most of the battle and war focused thinking seems to be focused in repeat or reenact previous world war battles verbatim. The people who are into these historical subjects might enjoy the references and see the events re-enacted over with the new characters, but little is given for the people who are not in the subject at all.
- While I have enjoyed explaining the reincarnation side as a result of making God angry, his role seems to be rather to active in the story, appearing several times in the anime, which I find rather conflicting since it feels he might be interfering too much in the protagonist's world.
- The magic system is not interesting, it is only a way for the writers to make the battles go whatever they want without little effort.
- While making the protagonist an atheist is interesting, I feel that the duality of believing in God or praying to God as an almighty being could be clarified further or explored more with its implications since this is the basis for the story overall. The protagonists knows there is a being that can mess up her life, a being that can reincarnate her and make her suffer, so it seems unwise to make him angry, this could have worked if Being X didn't appear so frequently in the story since it could have put doubt in Tanya's mind about his existence and the memories she has.
- None of the characters aside from Tanya and Erich are actually interesting.

So overall we have, no blood lust protagonist, no actually interesting strategical battles, no rise from the bottom of the social chain protagonist, no social hurdles, no physical hurdles, no psychological hurdles, nothing really to latch ourselves upon. Yes, I have seen some interesting stuff, like how Erich seems to think and react towards Tanya, or how she is starting to get angry at the chain of command and God herself, which could lay upon a path for a slightly more interesting narrative when we stop reenacting real life events (those episodes were really boring) and the anger of the protagonist comes more into light. The only thing we have is a slightly fun character that over react at times but not even nearly enough, not really. So my final verdict is: this anime is just your below average isekai trash, sorry, it is a 5/10 from me. Next!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.