Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 29, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
I'm very surprised by this. I wasn't expecting to actually like the ending. I stopped enjoying this anime after the first 4 or 5 episodes, I only kept watching because I love the manga and wanted to see what direction the anime would end up going.

But I highly recommend that you all read the manga. It is still hasn't ended yet and I personally think it is SO much better. But nonetheless, that ending was awesome(except for the final fight)!
Mar 29, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
Sae is back and everyone's spirits that were taken shows up and gives rokuro and benio encouragement.
Nice that they didn't win through power but by resonance the spirits back to their bodies and seimei giving humanity another chance :)

Nice ryogo x haruka wedding and happy end, even leaves a chance for a sequel 8/10

Mar 29, 2017 11:39 AM

May 2012
Rokuro and Benio were an adorable couple for the past year, that's about all I can say.

I'm really mixed about this anime though. Some arcs were a bit fun, but the last 2 arcs were really lackluster. They were entertaining in some ways however.

Guess I'll go with a 5.5 and round up to 6

I think I've said a couple times already but I'll try hopping onto the manga sometime.

Mar 29, 2017 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
A kiss in front of a beautiful sunset, complete with fireflies. Nice ending.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 29, 2017 12:44 PM

Oct 2015
And after 50 episodes ladies and gentleman, the ending...not that good but still we had a kiss (maybe in some distant future they do a fair adaptation from manga, i doubt even the manga isn´t that famous). anyway score 7/10
Mar 29, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
I really liked the ending…it ended with connecting it all…Although I guess no one really died though…but great way to end it all
Mar 29, 2017 1:26 PM

Aug 2016
Average anime at best but fun experience nevertheless.
Onto the manga now
Mar 29, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Holy sh#t i can't believe I actually survived through all 50 episodes ! this show was completely garbage, the writting was awfull and cheesy. The characters a some of the worst i ever seen they were so boring and uninspired. The love story was terribly done and really forced to be honest I still have a hard time understanding why they would ever fall for eachother because it felt so forced that they had to which is a shame because I really wanted it to work and it just didn't. Credit to Rokuro voice actor he did well even do he had a bad script and character to work with. Benio's voice actor on the other hand terrible but the character itsef is really dull so mayby its not really the voice actors fault who knows. All in all i'm just happy the show is done for, will not miss it and I will never ever re watch it again one time was enough for me :P hopefully there are others who had a better experience in me ;D
BlackRatchet19Mar 30, 2017 4:08 AM
Mar 29, 2017 2:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And the final is finally here
Lets hope Abe's crazy plan gets crushed

To Benio and Rokuro protecting the world is worth sacrificing your life for if it would mean ensuring that the people will be able to live their lives the way that they want. To not feel strong emotions is not normal because as you go through life you would encounter plenty of situations that would produce this. Abe's belief that all negative feelings create Kagare that is bad is not even correct. Damm but Abe is just insanely strong. Wow even Sae gets to come back from the tree. Nice. Wow even Shinon gets to come back as a spirit to help them. Hell the whole of the 12 managed to come back as spirits to lend them their power as well. Impressive. Hell its everyone that they have helped since the series began now that's very impressive. And one hell of a way to motivate them. That scene was just so heart warming and one of my favorite scenes in this series. Its nice that each of those characters were allowed to come back one more time though. The hopes and prayers of everyone that they have met in the series eh. Now this is motivation. With that much support and motivation their power would increase a hundredfold maybe more. More than enough to sweep the flowers aside. Wow the flowers vanishing in the air is really pretty. I also like how that scene was played with the ending theme in as the background music though. The ending theme really is appropriate for it. Animation for this episode really was top notch and its nice to see that all the spell power that abe took is now returned to the people. The nebula or whatever it is really is pretty. And that means the exorcists that had their spell power sucked dry are also returned to life. Even the 12 as well. Rokuro's explanation for why he had that power though was so sweet and endearing no wonder Benio was flushed lol.

In the end Abe wasn't really a villain in a sense that he wasn't evil. Its just that because he has observed humanity over thousands of years and having seen that they continue to kill and fight each other and causing kagare to be formed that he wad forced to come up with his plan. Now having seen the determination of the twin stars it looks like he's giving them another chance. A thousand years to change humanity and the world eh. That will be a daunting task but if anything i think they have a good chance of doing it. Harmony between Yin and Yang eh. Hope that will be possible. Im happy that in the end they managed to resolve that without bloodshed.

And then years later the marriage between Ryogo and Haruka takes place. Lol Seigen's worrying about Mayura and how awkward he looks as he does. Ah so they are only giving the speech eh lol. I actually thought that it was between Benio and Rokuro lol. But still its a happy occasion. Lol Rokuro's bound to get dominated by Benio lol. Kinako is cute for once lol. Lol both are equally nervous during the speech. The words that they spoke for the speech were actually pretty good and means more as they are all exorcists here. Its like their memories of fighting alongside each other for so long being expressed into words. A really good speech that was from the heart actually but one that means well. Great speech. The last part where Rokuro gave that present to Benio was pretty sweet though funny when Benio thought that he was putting it on his hair lol.
The last scene featuring the 12 guardians and just about everyone that they met was nice. Its nice that even little things like this are included.

I was really impressed by this episode in that they not only manage to gain enough spell power by being reminded by the people that they had met over the series that they are supporting them and by the fact that they were able to use this to gain enough power to stop the spell and bring everyone whose spell power was taken back to life including all the exorcists and the 12. Finally the fight with abe was brought to a good enough end as they managed to convince him that maybe humanity can change after all. The marriage between Haruka and Ryugo and the speech that Rokuro and Benio gave was both excellently done. Its nice that Benio and Rokuro are now well on their way to having a great relationship and if lucky a marriage as well. The last scene with the gift was pretty sweet as well. Arguably the standout scene was when the two saw the spirits of everyone that they met cheering them on and reminding them of the faith that they have in them. It was nice that each of them was given the chance to come back one last time. This episode was a great conclusion to the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 2:03 PM

May 2009
Heh, this was best looking episode since 1st one. Overall shitty series due to anime original plot. If you want to read manga then start from beginning. Only early chapters were adapted and they already were full of fillers:
-everything since Sae plot is anime original
-almost all Basaras in anime are anime original
-Haruka (Ryougo's wife) is anime original, his friend who become impurity too
About manga:
-only few of 12 Guardians were properly introduced
-Kinako was introduced only in most recent arc and he's nowhere near as annoying as in anime
-Benio sufferrs from not being equally main character (not to mention physical pain), it's like Sukeno couldn't stop sucking Rokuro's dick
-Arima is huge asshole
Mar 29, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
The romance was really cute. Too bad they weren't the ones getting married! But I kinda wish the battle had been more epic. It felt too drawn out and like too much of a cop-out.
Mar 29, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2015
Dam lol haha I got tricked into thinking that was Benio's and Rokuro's wedding for a sec. Congrats to Haruka and Ryogo! Dam overall pretty good ending except the Shimon X Mayura needed to happen!
Mar 29, 2017 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
Beautiful episode. Glad everything ended well

Mayura and Benio looked flawless in their dresses ♡
Mar 29, 2017 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Decent show. Glad there was another kiss.

7/10
Mar 29, 2017 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Thank god it's over. These fillers were atrocious and I had to skip every single one.
Mar 29, 2017 8:57 PM

Feb 2016
So no big final fight and Kamui is working up the mid card to get back to the main event in the epilogue? Why did he even get built up in the first couple of episodes if there was no point to him in end? This show just felt like the definition of a 5/10. If it weren't for the early batch of episodes and the Sae arc, I'd rate it lower.
Mar 29, 2017 9:19 PM
Oct 2014
This was the biggest butchery I've seen happen to a series. Fuck they even butchered the source of rokuro's power.
And the real identity of abe no seimei.

And boy is this show full of cliches.
Specially the last episodes.
What where they thinking by putting a musical, followed by the weakest hero vs antagonist fight I've ever seen, if you can even call it a fight.

Everything bad about this anime, is thanks to butchering the actual lore.

Now the fighting acenes were good.

Story oard at times cringy, but not bad at first, but completely ruined it with h
Its mediocre conclusion.

Music was awesome, and so was voice acting.

So i give this mediocre butchered show, that might as well be a spinoff so it doesnt keep staining the name of such a great manga, a 5/10 and i am being generous.
Fuck even bleach was less cliche better than this shit.

Truly this was borderline trash.
Mar 29, 2017 9:25 PM
Oct 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
So what ep start to use original stuff? might even care to touch the manga because the ending kinda not fit for "Sousei no Onmyouji*
the original stuff starts with the first fight with yuto.
The butchered the whole lore with this anime.
Heck you will be surprised how none of the events after the fight with yuuto happen in the manga.
And even thenfight agaisnt yuuto is not th same as how the fight happens in the manga.

Read it, you will not regret it.
Mar 29, 2017 9:28 PM

May 2016
Great show. Sure there are highs and lows, especially during the summer where things really slowed down. Despite what people say, I still think this one of the shows I really enjoyed since last year.

I appreciate the fact that 50 Episodes anime are very rare nowadays, and I'm so glad they ended the episode on a high note. Felt like I lost an old friend....

Hope there's a sequel even though it wont be another 50 Episodes :)
Mar 29, 2017 9:29 PM
Oct 2014
bastek66 said:
Heh, this was best looking episode since 1st one. Overall shitty series due to anime original plot. If you want to read manga then start from beginning. Only early chapters were adapted and they already were full of fillers:
-everything since Sae plot is anime original
-almost all Basaras in anime are anime original
-Haruka (Ryougo's wife) is anime original, his friend who become impurity too
About manga:
-only few of 12 Guardians were properly introduced
-Kinako was introduced only in most recent arc and he's nowhere near as annoying as in anime
-Benio sufferrs from not being equally main character (not to mention physical pain), it's like Sukeno couldn't stop sucking Rokuro's dick
-Arima is huge asshole
arima is a worse ashole in the manga, and a terrible father (not that he meanst to be bad, he just sucks at it).
Mar 29, 2017 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
Omg I thought they were going to get married. Their speech 😭😭
Mar 29, 2017 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
thejanjo92 said:
So i give this mediocre butchered show, that might as well be a spinoff so it doesnt keep staining the name of such a great manga, a 5/10 and i am being generous.

Oh the irony. I know the anime was flawed and all but bashing it for such reasons when the manga itself is the epitome of cliches and awful writing is hilarious. Characters getting convenient powerups without any proper explanation, the romance(if you can even call it one) between Rokuro and Benio was almost as bad as Kirito and Asuna in SAO and don't get me even started with how Benio's character was treated in the second arc of the manga or how the author just can't stop dickriding Rokuro. I know that's spoiler territory but that shit was insulting nonetheless.

I just don't understand how you source purists conveniently forget these things.
Mar 29, 2017 10:55 PM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
thejanjo92 said:

Oh the irony. I know the anime was flawed and all but bashing it for such reasons when the manga itself is the epitome of cliches and awful writing is hilarious. Characters getting convenient powerups without any proper explanation, the romance(if you can even call it one) between Rokuro and Benio was almost as bad as Kirito and Asuna in SAO and don't get me even started with how Benio's character was treated in the second arc of the manga or how the author just can't stop dickriding Rokuro. I know that's spoiler territory but that shit was insulting nonetheless.

I just don't understand how you source purists conveniently forget these things.

Nah the manga is still 10 times better.

Its not about being purist, but if you are going to butcher a series, at least do it right, and dont create a mediocre show with even a musical.

Also dick riding rokuro? He cant do shit right now in the manga.
Mar 29, 2017 11:03 PM

Apr 2014
thejanjo92 said:

Yeah I can't wait to see him conveniently get another powerup just to show him how awesome he is.

10/10 the apex of writing. Kubo and Mashima has nothing on him.
Mar 29, 2017 11:26 PM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
thejanjo92 said:

Yeah I can't wait to see him conveniently get another powerup just to show him how awesome he is.

Thats unlikely, since his only "powerup" or source of power is... you know who which is what makes him transform, which is something he cant control nor use on his own free will.

Spoiler: So again what power ups. He is onw of the weakest in the island. Without his arm he is useless.

Also his source of power(his only power up he cant even tap to), makes perfect sense.

Also, i guess you like having weak shitty MCs....
Mar 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Apr 2014
thejanjo92 said:
Z4k said:

Thats unlikely, since his only "powerup" or source of power is... you know who which is what makes him transform, which is something he cant control nor use on his own free will.

Spoiler: So again what power ups. He is onw of the weakest in the island. Without his arm he is useless.

Also his source of power(his only power up he cant even tap to), makes perfect sense.

Topkek. Did you forget how he defeated Yuto and Hijirimaru?
Mar 30, 2017 12:08 AM

Mar 2008
i'm so glad this horrible show is over.... i made it.... finished all the filler.....,,,.... what a time to be alive

3/10 only for suwabe and ishikawa kaito
Mar 30, 2017 12:46 AM
May 2016
at long lasts, it's finally over, which is kinda sad.
A lot have improved towards the final arc, especially the art, which is great.
it's rare these days to have a title with +25 episodes, which is nice
and I demand an ova for mayuraxshimon, and the marriage of rokuro and benio. that would be nice.

overall i enjoyed the 1 year journey with this series. 8/10
Mar 30, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
Still who can say 8/10 to that smile. I say 9/10. (>‿♥)

Mar 30, 2017 12:02 PM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
thejanjo92 said:

Topkek. Did you forget how he defeated Yuto and Hijirimaru?
again power ups he cant use on his own free will.

Stikl way better than any of the fighting scenes in the anime.
Mar 30, 2017 3:08 PM

Jan 2015
The ending was fine. Overall the show had some cool moments but other than that it was average. 5/10
Mar 31, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
It seems they went for the (manga's) Shaman King route.
A nice ending to an overall average anime.
Mar 31, 2017 12:52 PM
Aug 2015
I knew it that the one who'd get married is Ryogo, not Rokuro lol
So, Mayura doesn't have a feeling for Rokuro anymore..(?) I don't really care about Rokuro x Benio relationship.. 'cause i still remember how annoying Benio was (glad that Rokuro changed her personality, but i still don't care about their relationship lol).

I rather care about the supporting characters, like Kamui (dat cool Basara) & Tenma (the strongest Guardian).. but they don't get much time in this show =3=

That was a good ending, but the final battle was a disappointment (oh wait, i mean the whole story lol).. It's a pain to watch every good guys got beaten by OP enemies in every single episode :I

Overall it's a "not too bad but not a good anime"..
It have some good moments, but the terrible plot, weak MC & other good guys, OP enemies, and some annoying characters make it look so awful..
I'm glad i can finish this show (I almost dropped it at episode 12 tbh).

Final score : 5/10
Favorite Characters : Mayura, Kamui, & Tenma (kinda)

Mar 31, 2017 7:27 PM

Mar 2008
5/10 due to the series being 75% fillers and half the characters being anime only characters. I don't know why this series had to be 50 episodes when it was almost entirely filler.
Mar 31, 2017 7:35 PM
Aug 2014
Basically they beat the final boss by not hax powerups, nor was it by talk no jutsu. It was by shipping no jutsu!

Another animu by peirrot ends with a wedding, in consecutive weeks.
Mar 31, 2017 9:20 PM

Sep 2014
Cute roof top scene near the end.

Shit series overall.
Apr 1, 2017 7:05 AM
Apr 2014
Finally. It's really a shame that the story was so badly written after the time skip because the OST was amazing. I really don't like saying it but the "filler" was the best part of the second half and that is ridiculous because it just showed how weak the two protagonists are every episode again. When they started to go after the bad guy again the story turned into a real mess. Really can't understand why they decided to go anime-original with it.

Seriously this end was even more predictable and cliché than the usual shounen anime. And the actual "bad guy" just laughs it off that he lost and waits another 1000 years because why not?

Well. Now I hope they won't wait too long for releasing the OST >.>
Apr 2, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2015
I'd give this last episode a 8/10. As for the series as a whole, eh. This is my kind of anime, so for the most part (or at least half of it) I enjoyed it. The filler arcs were a bit of a pain to watch tho. I normally don't mind cliches and all, but half the time I just found them cringe-worthy. I'm still not really that satisfied with both Ijika and Kuranashi's arc, like it seems like they both got defeated so easily despite being the "best" kegare out there.. And as for Abe no Seimei, wtf lol. Turns out that the main culprit/villain wasn't actually a villain? Kinda dumb. I was upset with quite a bit of things, but overall, I enjoyed it so I guess that's all that really matters.

And so, with that being said, I'll give this a 6/10. Wonder if this'll get a 2nd season loool. And I feel a bit embarrassed to say that it took awhile for me to realize that the anime decided to go completely original (well at least I think that's what the case is).

caught in the wonder
Apr 3, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2009
Can't believe I've been watching this series for an entire year. And here we are at the end. Time flies. I've been watching this weekly for so long now, it's going to be weird to not have an episode to watch every week anymore.

Honestly, I almost dropped it at the beginning. The first couple of episodes were...rough, to say the least. Then, out of nowhere, it started to get better. And for the most part, I was watching it for Benio(and Megumi Han) and her relationship with Rokuro. Once the filler started, unfortunately, it went downhill again. Although, the Sae arc was okay, since she was so cute. And it had the effect of developing Benio and Rokuro's relationship. In the end, it took them 49 episodes, but they finally kissed. Just because of that, as far as I'm concerned, the series was worth watching.

On a side note, props to Megumi Han as always. I enjoyed her laid-back performance as Benio. When you compare her performance to Akko in Little Witch Academia, it's a reminder of how versatile she is. Very talented.
Apr 3, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2011
What an exceedingly average series. Just when it looked like it was picking up it plunged head first into filler hell and never recovered.
Apr 3, 2017 9:02 AM

Jan 2014
it's an ok ending, we missed so much opportunity for showing each of 12 guardian powers, their battle, and such. also we missed a change of other basara powers too, which is a complete waste.

and in the end, Mayura still the best girl for me. she's so beautiful in the last episode.

6/10
Apr 5, 2017 2:05 AM

Oct 2015
But where is the Miko they were supposed to give birth to, anyway whatever because that was cool ending and i think they make a great couple.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 5, 2017 7:12 AM
Oct 2011
A very generic show and somewhat predictable at times but the overall execution was excellent, the plot moved forward in every ep and battle scenes were not prolonged. The voice acting also got better and better and way more emotional towards the end of the series. Final score: 8/10
Apr 7, 2017 5:11 AM

Jun 2012
why did this even get 50 eps

3/10
Apr 10, 2017 9:07 PM

Mar 2014
That was such a typical shounen power up type finale, but it was still enjoyable. Overall not great, but not terrible either.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 11, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
I thought it was alright and it is predictable in many ways. I was hoping for a better villain and not using Benio's brother . I probably re-watch it near the future as there are episodes where I wasn't pay much attention
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 5:54 AM

Oct 2014
Why almost everyone is whinnig about this not being perfectl canon?
WTF guys if you like the manga story then read it, stop saying every anime should be perfectly canon...
Apr 15, 2017 2:44 AM
Apr 2017
what part of the anime is chapter 39 trying to see where to watch from the manga
Apr 21, 2017 6:49 PM
Jan 2017
Adorei Adorei! amei muito bom recomendo espero agora que talvez eles continuem um dia esse anime. Vale a pena sonhar e querer.
E mais um episodio!
Apr 21, 2017 6:50 PM
Jan 2017
Adorei Adorei! amei muito bom recomendo espero agora que talvez eles continuem um dia esse anime. Vale a pena sonhar e querer.
E mais um episodio!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.