Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2017 9:47 AM
Mar 2015
all I want to say is

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THIS WAS AMAZING
Mar 5, 2017 10:22 AM

Apr 2012
If you guys are having trouble wrapping your brain around the 48 minutes that would shorten the arc then you guys need to remember the TV series"24" which was an hour per episode and lasted 2 seasons. All of that happening in the 24 hr timeframe.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2011
Janethan23 said:
If you guys are having trouble wrapping your brain around the 48 minutes that would shorten the arc then you guys need to remember the TV series"24" which was an hour per episode and lasted 2 seasons. All of that happening in the 24 hr timeframe.

Hmm '24' has 24 episodes each season.So just one season for a day not 2 seasons.
Mar 5, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
حلقة جدا رائعة

Mar 5, 2017 12:35 PM
May 2016
Esses novos capítulos me recordaram muitos animes antigos como o Yuyu Hakushô e os torneios espirituais.
Mar 5, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
kaitonic said:
Janethan23 said:

Hmm '24' has 24 episodes each season.So just one season for a day not 2 seasons.

Well if that's the case then I stand corrected.
It's been awhile since I saw the show.
My point is that if done well like 24 then a given time frame isn't much of a hindrance to tell the story.
Janethan23Mar 5, 2017 1:13 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2016
If I'm not wrong 11 out of 12 seasons of 24 Hours have 24 episodes each and season 12 is a 12 EP season.

Also, did anyone notice the similarities between Lucifer from the Bible and The Grand Priest? Looks like he will be following the same path as lucifer.
Mar 5, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2015
Lol

SOOOO TRUE. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2017 3:24 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit a battle royal is awesome. Most interesting episode, I'm surprised goku didn't flinch about the erasing rule. It shows this guy is a real maso

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2013
the dog has a point if it wasn't for Goku this whole tournament wouldn't have happened
Mar 5, 2017 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
Axelucard said:
the dog has a point if it wasn't for Goku this whole tournament wouldn't have happened

LOL... Gokou trolling
He like; "come at me bro" to every universes.
I've never seen a good guy sink so low just to get his thrills. I really can't believe the writer(s) of the anime/manga could make a beloved iconic character so dense and shallow. Gokou being so innocent doesn't help him at all because ignorance can never be an excuse to take responsibility.

Mar 5, 2017 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm good episode. The fight was alright even if I thought he would last longer. Bergamo for sure had an interesting ability but that didn't helped in any way. I didn't expect Goku going all out but that was for sure only to show Zeno that he doesn't hold back in this fight.

So the tournament is a battle royale. I don't really know what to think about it. On one side it sounds interesting and is for sure something we never saw before in Dragonball but on the other side I have no clue how they will manage to show all these fight, especially with 80 people.

Was funny when Goku was teasing the other universes that they should bring the best fighters they have to fight him :D

Who the hell is this new guy who challenged Goku? He looks strange but maybe he will give a better fight for Goku as Bergamo.

Mar 5, 2017 6:34 PM

Sep 2016
OMFG Battle Royale?!!? That's awesome xD
PS Goku dude wtf.. learn to defeat someone without showing others your super saiyan/SSJ blue power..
This tournament is gonna be epic! can't wait!
Mar 5, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2011
SenpieX said:
PS Goku dude wtf.. learn to defeat someone without showing others your super saiyan/SSJ blue power..

Well he has to go all out even with SSJ blue and Kaioken since Zeno said that he would erase all universe if he hold back and Zeno knows about that power during Hit fight.
Mar 5, 2017 10:12 PM
May 2010
SHINOBI-03 said:
Rayrin said:

Whether Bergamo is underhanded or not, those are the words I've been really wanting to say.....Goku, once the Earth's Protector, now reduced into a battle-hungry blockhead ignorant

Unless you grew up with FUNimation's dub, Goku has always been a battle-hungry blockhead ignorant. He wasn't this hero FUNimation or the movies tried to paint as, he lives for fighting and on more than multiple occasions he made stupid decisions just to keep fighting strong opponents. He didn't spare Piccolo or Vegeta's lives because it was the right thing, no. He did it so he can fight them again. Or how about when Bulma suggested going after Dr. Gero and stop him before he unleashes the Artificial Humans? He said he wanted to fight them. Even earlier when Trunks told him he died before fighting them, Goku expressed his regret to not have his future self the chance to do so. Goku has always been someone who wants a fight before saving the world. It's just this is the first time he was overly criticized by other worldly beings who do not know who he is.

There's this article that explain Goku's battle hungry attitude in DBS. No wonder Goku's kind of a jerk on DBS
Mar 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2007
robiu013 said:
Didn't know it was possible to flanderize Goku, but Super totally succeeded doing it.

Highlighting Goku's core flaw that has been with him since the very start of the franchise is not what flanderization is. While Goku has good intentions, he almost always puts his thirst for battle above logic. Just look at what happens with Cell or Majin Buu. This arc is highlighting the darkest aspects of Goku which is only a logical follow up to a season that had the whole stuff with Zamasu.

Toriyama is bringing up the biggest flaw of Goku's character and subverting the role expectations. I mean this episode has very traditional set up for a shonen tournament but it puts the conventions of it upside down - Bergamo is the heroic underpowered jobber coming into it for the good of his people and Goku is the one threatening all creation just so he can have fun. The roles are subverted and its brilliant.

SenpieX said:

It was intentional part of "everyone come at me" kind of move.
AhenshihaelMar 5, 2017 11:09 PM
Mar 5, 2017 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
There is a great chance that we see vegito again with this battle royale style fight
no rule against the fusion
Mar 6, 2017 1:06 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
robiu013 said:
Didn't know it was possible to flanderize Goku, but Super totally succeeded doing it.

Highlighting Goku's core flaw that has been with him since the very start of the franchise is not what flanderization is. While Goku has good intentions, he almost always puts his thirst for battle above logic. Just look at what happens with Cell or Majin Buu. This arc is highlighting the darkest aspects of Goku which is only a logical follow up to a season that had the whole stuff with Zamasu.

Toriyama is bringing up the biggest flaw of Goku's character and subverting the role expectations. I mean this episode has very traditional set up for a shonen tournament but it puts the conventions of it upside down - Bergamo is the heroic underpowered jobber coming into it for the good of his people and Goku is the one threatening all creation just so he can have fun. The roles are subverted and its brilliant.

SenpieX said:

It was intentional part of "everyone come at me" kind of move.

It reminds me of this interview with Akira Toriyama from years back:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/03/27/new-interview-translations-akira-toriyama-special-talks/

""There’s how, basically, Son Goku from Dragon Ball doesn’t fight for the sake of others, but because he wants to fight against strong guys. So once Dragon Ball got animated, at any rate, I’ve always been dissatisfied with the “righteous hero”-type portrayal they gave him. I guess I couldn’t quite get them to grasp the elements of “poison” that slip in and out of sight among the shadows." This really fits Dragon Ball Super's portrayal of Goku.
Mar 6, 2017 1:19 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
robiu013 said:

Every past bad decision Goku made because of his ego was because he thought the situation was manageable, there was always some backthought put into it (granted not much, but he thought he could take Piccolo and Vegeta next time, thought his sons would deal with Majin Buu, he let Frieza live, because Frieza was being pathetic and literally half the man, he used to be and on the contrary he immediately acted, when Cell was about to blow himself up). Here there's none of that, he just rolls with the tournament rules, despite knowing full well people will get erased.

Besides the role subversion isn't brilliant. The audience is full aware, that Goku isn't the bad guy. It's just one of those "the main character is missunderstood"-moments. Bergamo isn't even likeable at this point and Dragon Ball already had much better examples of wanting to root for Goku's oponnent in the past (Goku VS Nam).
Mar 6, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Loved Gokus Fight,The Battle Royale Idea Is Cool IMO :)
Hyped For The Tournament!
Mar 6, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
"Do you die for a third time to become a childhood hero or live enough to become a villain".... damn it Goku, isn't "defeat Bills" a enough goal for you? xD

To be honest I have mix thoughts about the fact that the tournament just gonna be one round. First it gonna be a complete mess since they are like 80 fighters at the same time but in other hand is a unique experience, giving us a break of the classic art martials tournament style.

I guess the whole tournament is the only logical step from the series after Zamasu arc, I believe that is there can't be a enemy strong enough to face Goku if there exist the gods of destruction to deal with them while a enemy like a god of destruction or an angel would be too much for Goku at this moments until he power up again.
Mar 6, 2017 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
Somehow I feel that this arc won't be about the tournament. In the Babidi saga we were made to believe that it was going to be about the Tenkaichi tournament unti it suddenly Segwayed into the Majin Buu saga. I hope I'm wrong because I'm tired of seeing same old format of Gokou saving the universe while every other character becomes irrelevant.

Mar 6, 2017 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
Okay, that was probably the best fight Super has shown us up to now. I loved it.
Mar 6, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2014
Pretty good and intense fight. What did he expect. That Goku would fall down so easy. I got a bit disappointed with the fight since it weren't that epic. I had more expectation for him.

Anyways, I found the rules and the tournament a bit weird after it were explained. I am afraid that we won't see enough of all the opponents. I am afraid when everybody is fighting at the same time we won't see enough of each one's power.

We know the power of universe 6's power, but the power of the opponents from the other 6 universes will be a bit unknown. I personally prefer one-on-one match, but lets see how this turn out. I hope it won't disappoint.

Next week it's Goku vs. Toppo. This is more interesting since I believe Goku will struggle a bit more against him. But I guess he is no match either. :)
Mar 6, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2012
mangalicker94 said:
Next week it's Goku vs. Toppo. This is more interesting since I believe Goku will struggle a bit more against him. But I guess he is no match either. :)

I think Toppo is an idiot and what he's doing is fullhardy. He wasn't fazed when Gokou went all out with the power of the gods on Dog face. But I think his blind rightousness to fight Gokou isn't necessary. He's aware of the disrespect of his transgression when he jumped into the ring uninvited. The tournament is going to happen with or without Gokou and universes will get ereased and his grandstanding with intentions of righteousness is a waste of time.

Mar 7, 2017 12:56 AM
Mar 2017
When the Grand Priest was discussing the rules during episode 81, I made some discoveries that I use to debunk this event in Dragon Ball Super. Please watch my video and if you find any of my idea's agreeable please give me a like and comment which one it was. If you subscribe then I'll make some more content just like this one debunking more Dragon Ball Super event. Video: https://youtu.be/R_uq9F8-ork
Mar 8, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
Since Dog face called out Gokou as the villain I wondered if the other universes forgot about the fact that the weak universes were going to be erased anyway and the tournament purpose is to save one from erasure.

Mar 8, 2017 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
Now it makes sense why the team is as it is.
Mar 10, 2017 3:20 AM
Nov 2013
ziggy_Z said:

Sense? How? What does Muten Roshi do? Does he have a lot of experience?
The strongest enemy he has ever fought was old Piccolo and he missed his Mafuba back then.

He was always shown as the old experienced master (experience in fighting humans / weak opponents), but if they don't give him some new abilities for this arc, he wont do shit in this tournament...

Still no logical reason to miss on Goten and Trunks, especially in a Brawl, where Gotenks might finally get his comeback and go ham...
Mar 11, 2017 7:59 AM

Dec 2014
Overall a good episode.
Mar 11, 2017 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Mar 11, 2017 6:34 PM

Dec 2015
Buu's fight was the best out of the three, Goku's was kinda boring tbh...

Wow, Goku is such a huge moron.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 14, 2017 1:12 PM
Mar 2017
Hello my name is Justin and I wanted to know if anyone wanted to add me on Skype
I want to discuss theory's within super and predictions of current or yet to come episodes and we'll sometimes discuss DBZ and DB theory's and rycon within the show it's only me and my friend cristian so we'd love it if anyone could join us. Arigato Sayonara

Bacca.king shows up on Skype as DBZAxKING profile pick is black and red pikachu
Mar 14, 2017 1:27 PM
Mar 2017
SummonersWar said:
ziggy_Z said:

Sense? How? What does Muten Roshi do? Does he have a lot of experience?
The strongest enemy he has ever fought was old Piccolo and he missed his Mafuba back then.

He was always shown as the old experienced master (experience in fighting humans / weak opponents), but if they don't give him some new abilities for this arc, he wont do shit in this tournament...

Still no logical reason to miss on Goten and Trunks, especially in a Brawl, where Gotenks might finally get his comeback and go ham...
if you remember the 21st budokai from DB and other arcs he Hypnotise people make people fall asleep or put them into a trance rendering them useless and the goal is to throw them out of the ring into the void Number 2 he has a technique that focusses electricity making his opponents rise into the air while getting simultaneously shocked leaving them in a state of paralysis and master roshi can simultaneously take out frieza soldiers in rez f movie and arc which stated by vegeta in frieza arc have an average powerlevel of 2,000 which means roshi got way stronger so I'm pretty sure he can use the mufaba throw people out of the ring a couple times
Mar 21, 2017 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
nice one Bergamo! you made Goku the enemy of all universes! (of course except Goku's own universe)
4/5.

Apr 1, 2017 2:13 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty underwhelming episode, that fight was really boring and one-sided. Also Goku's just "Okay" to everything no matter what anybody says.
Apr 20, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2015
Its going to be one big clusterfuck lol.
Jul 28, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2009
This definitely isn't what I was expecting. I'm really excited, I was pumped for a standard tournament but this should be something new for Dragonball.
Oct 29, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2016
Goku, you are a jerk. just kill yourself and never revive.
Bergamo said it, GJ, man (y)
Dec 14, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2015
PUBG anime, just what we needed.
Apr 5, 2018 11:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Easy victory of Goku against the Wolf-man!!!
Well, the rules of the tournament was cool, because it will not be a tournament, if not a Battle Royale!!! kekeke
Oct 12, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
Bergamo confirms that Goku is the true enemy.
Zen-chan accepted Bergamo's offer.
Goku can't hold back. LMAO
lol at Champa.
Begin!
Dem punches. He grew.
Goku goes SSJ.
Goku going SSGSS.
Kaioken!
Ha!!
Goku wins.
Bergamo calls Goku a hell of a villain.
48 minutes.
A battle royal with 80 fighters?
Whichever team has the most remaining contestants wins.
Top appears before Goku.
11th Universes Pride Troopers?
Fight him?
Dat ending.

Guess this will be one of the times the villain wins.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 1:32 AM

Jun 2019
Well, there's nothing that can back Goku down. He'll win even if the whole multiverse is against him.
Dec 20, 2022 7:08 AM

Nov 2020
Bergamo needs to be nerfed fr.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 7 hours ago

5 by 1ElijahB »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.