Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2017 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa...so Goku's opponent Bergamo can grow stronger as he fights and turn their power into his own. No wonder he is the strongest fighter from Universe 9.

The fight met my expectations although I didn't think it was better than Buu's. No doubt Goku had to go Super Saiyan to even stand a chance. I expect the upcoming fights to be more entertaining. Oh and that Toppo guy came down to meet Goku while revealing himself. Interesting. Pretty curious to see how strong he is.
Mar 4, 2017 4:41 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty cool episode but there was a lot of talking. Need to wait for subs.
themanualreader@proton.me
Mar 4, 2017 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
Kinda disappointed that it will be only one match with 80 people. I am sure we will see individual fights in the middle of all the confusion but still kinda sucks. At least now there's a good explanation for Tien, Kuririn and Roshi instead Trunks and Goten.
Mar 4, 2017 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
I actually really like the battle royale idea, it would make a lot of things easier, plus, it's something new, for once.
I still don't like Dragon Ball Super, animation and pacing are still awful, at least I can't be disappointed.
Ruka desu.
Mar 4, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
Goku was classified as a devil in the end... Well his stupidity is something I guess....
Mar 4, 2017 6:42 PM

Jan 2016
all the universes be raging, just rise above those two omnipotent kids and stop crying

hahaha, well he did in fact use his highest powered state (excluding multiplication, but that destroys his body)

Goku is not evil, and if he was, he would be pure evil, which he's not. just pure like zen-Chan

those safe zoned universes don't seem to realize yet they are goku's next target...

80...80?!... did I hear 80 fighters in one... omg please quote me with correct number, that's too much.

yes it's 48 minutes, but we will probably have an episode per minute like one piece and Frieza and that jazz :>

Mar 4, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2016
Is it me or the three battles were progressively getting shorter? lol Here there was less display of moves and more dialogue. But whatever xD

So the Tournament is a Battle Royale... That will be hard to follow to be honest, too confusing to imagine. But I better wait how it is :P

And did Goku just proclaim himself as the main antagonist for the other universes? He declared the war without hesitating lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 4, 2017 6:57 PM
May 2015
What? He's not evil, no! That was the last arc.

The battle royal is interesting though, and I can only assume, much much faster than what I thought would have happened. I'm alright with that.
Mar 4, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2015
DTUB said:
80...80?!... did I hear 80 fighters in one... omg please quote me with correct number, that's too much.

12 universes total, 4 excluded leaving 8. 10 fighters per universe, so 80 fighters.

I was really looking forwards to a long series of fights showing us all kinds of different fighters interacting, so this battle royale feels like a cop out to me as we'll inevitably only see one or two enemies per universe with the rest being knocked out off screen.
Also at 48 minuets the entire meat of this arc will be done in 3 episodes which seems a bit short; unless they start counting time using the frieza method.
Generally not a fan of how it seems this tournament will be fast paced and done with way quicker then the last one, despite having way more characters to introduce.
Mar 4, 2017 7:05 PM

May 2015
Universe 7 Son Goku has a big target on his back…
Mar 4, 2017 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
lol Goku is the villain now fuck but is Goku evil? nah he is just naive/ignorant/easy-going person
Mar 4, 2017 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
Man that 48 minutes is gonna end up being 48 episodes at this pace. I can already see them spamming "turning back the clock x-amount of minutes".

Although since this IS a tournament arc, there's the chance the tournament will just segue into something bigger, like it usually does.
Mar 4, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
Goku did nothing wrong

at least this battle royal tournament will not be a fight to the death but just throwing away all your opponent out of the ring
Mar 4, 2017 8:04 PM

Feb 2013
If Son Goku Can defeat this toppo guy. Then i'll be just mad. I mean, Goku Can't win against everyone.
Mar 4, 2017 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
The tournament will be Royal Rumble style. Very interesting.
Albi-kunMar 4, 2017 8:18 PM
Mar 4, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2011
Amazing episode. Goku don't care even if he is the evil of the story right now but he sure is having so much fun fighting and that quite evil smirk he did.
The animation is really good this episode with the camera movement during the fight was great.
The new rules for the tournament is interesting with no flight and it will be more tactics since all the 80 fighters will be in the same ring to fight.
kaitonicMar 4, 2017 9:58 PM
Mar 4, 2017 8:17 PM
Mar 2014
Finally Dragonball return! candidate to be next big three anime!
Mar 4, 2017 9:14 PM
Dec 2010
Everyone talking about wheter Goku is evil or not...Is nobody gonna comment on how Goku can simply use Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken whenever he wants now with no drawbacks???

That is the definition of 'OP' lol.
Mar 4, 2017 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
Hercule Satan wins battle royale in episode 206 inc.

Seriously though, this arc is shaping up to be pretty cool. I always love it when the gods crap themselves when they see Goku has a strong chance of rivaling them.
Mar 4, 2017 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
Wow so its gonna be like a Royal Rumble match for the Tournament of Power!

This is actually very smart from Akira. Almost everybody was expecting a one-on-one brawl with fighters from all around the universe but a Battle Royale means everybody has a chance to win and its almost certain we're going to have lots and lots of underdog triumphs and upsets. Either way, I'm very excited about it all, but this also means the Tournament won't go as long as we thought so at first.

Coming back to Goku's fight, it was good overall. Good that he didn't hold back his power and gave it all for everyone to see his true powers. It'll be very interesting to see how he fares against Toppo however, Super Saiyan Blue may be taken out in an instant.
Mar 4, 2017 9:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So basically Super's way of doing a WWE Battle Royale. Well seems interesting.

Overall pretty average fight. It was basically Goku doing hit and runs to make Bergamo stronger and then use that power against him.

Bergamo: "We just want to live in peace"
Goku: I want to fight strong guys"

Goku in a nutshell.

Hopefully Toppo can win this match. We have to see how powerful Toppo is, beating Goku would be real meaningful.
Ol episode.

Mar 4, 2017 9:35 PM
Aug 2015
E10phoenix said:
Everyone talking about wheter Goku is evil or not...Is nobody gonna comment on how Goku can simply use Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken whenever he wants now with no drawbacks???

Well, he did only use it for a short time, so the drawbacks are probably very minimal. He didn't use it for as long as he did against hit, and his body's slowly getting accustomed to it. If he used it for a longer time, then he'd probably get injured.
Mar 4, 2017 9:52 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

Whether Bergamo is underhanded or not, those are the words I've been really wanting to say.....Goku, once the Earth's Protector, now reduced into a battle-hungry blockhead ignorant

Dr. Robotnik joined the fray! Now complete with Saitou Hajime's signature words, hooray!

Go go Dr. Robotnik, teach the stupid Goku a lesson!

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 4, 2017 10:05 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Fight animation was pretty good and it was pretty intense in the opening moments when Goku and Bergamo were going full close combat. Once Bergamo started growing and using Goku's power the fight became pretty easy for Goku to turn around. The final beam clash was super awesome. xD

We getting Royal Rumble, DB style. XD

Rayrin said:

Whether Bergamo is underhanded or not, those are the words I've been really wanting to say.....Goku, once the Earth's Protector, now reduced into a battle-hungry blockhead ignorant

Someone said the same thing in one of the earlier episodes, I do agree with this to a certain extent, they have kinda turned him into a battle-craved person. Though I think they said that the whole erasing universe thing was already being planned and that this tournament provided a good outlet for that. So, I suppose we can cut Goku some slack since he's at least given the universes a chance to survive.

Dr. Robotnik joined the fray! Now complete with Saitou Hajime's signature words, hooray!

Go go Dr. Robotnik, teach the stupid Goku a lesson!

This. XDD
Mar 4, 2017 10:29 PM

Dec 2014
Battle Royale? That is actually a lot better. And it means everyones going for Goku's ass.
Mar 4, 2017 10:58 PM
Jun 2011
Albi-kun said:
The tournament will be Royal Rumble style. Very interesting.
yes with battle royal all the universes warriors can show their full powers at once
Mar 4, 2017 11:13 PM

Dec 2014
Bergamo was interesting, and that little bout at the beginning of the match was great. However Goku seemed like he was leagues ahead. It seems like the only reason Bergamo was able to push back the Kamehameha was because he had been significantly powered up by Goku. At least, that's my interpretation.

I also found it strange how many of the gods were so easily swayed by Bergamo's words considering the Grand Priest and Whis had just explained that the bottom eight universes were going to be erased anyways. Goku at least gave them a fighting chance. Silly writing, I suppose?
MyCoinsYourPurseMar 4, 2017 11:17 PM
Mar 4, 2017 11:40 PM

Mar 2014
is there a reason why Goku and Vegeta have not made Gohan, Goten and Trunks Super blue's now?
Wouldn't it to make sense to make them SS blue's for this upcoming fight? Toriyama better think about that.
Mar 5, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow, the tournament is a single match? Really wasn't expecting that. XD
Mar 5, 2017 12:29 AM

Mar 2013
Is it wrong that I'm cheering for Goku's enemies now?
Mar 5, 2017 12:54 AM

Jan 2010
Hah, that was unexpected, Goku goin SSJB with kaioken and showing his trump card to everyone. Although it was for short time, all the gods were terrified of some mortal possesing god ki.
I hope they'll make something really super for the upcoming tournament, like another SSJB lvl or new technique.

The fight was quick and intense, but too much talking. Bergamo's ability so smiliar to androids and Yakon.

So Toppo fight now? Isn't it going too fast? Like they want to end DB in just few more episodes.

Btw, Super shown us really bad drawings, especially with the people in the background. There's gonna be plenty of characters all around on the fighting stage, so I'm thinking what will they show now. Is it gonna be like two good or mediocre characters and a bunch of ugly figures?
blade81tabrisMar 5, 2017 1:09 AM

Mar 5, 2017 1:37 AM
Jun 2011
blade81tabris said:
Hah, that was unexpected, Goku goin SSJB with kaioken and showing his trump card to everyone. Although it was for short time, all the gods were terrified of some mortal possesing god ki.
I hope they'll make something really super for the upcoming tournament, like another SSJB lvl or new technique.

The fight was quick and intense, but too much talking. Bergamo's ability so smiliar to androids and Yakon.

So Toppo fight now? Isn't it going too fast? Like they want to end DB in just few more episodes.

Btw, Super shown us really bad drawings, especially with the people in the background. There's gonna be plenty of characters all around on the fighting stage, so I'm thinking what will they show now. Is it gonna be like two good or mediocre characters and a bunch of ugly figures?
i think it might be good as battle royal since it will make the all universes go all out at each outher
Mar 5, 2017 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
Lol everyone would go for goku in battle royal.
Mar 5, 2017 1:48 AM

Jul 2016
E10phoenix said:

I'm pretty sure that was just Toei too lazy to make Goku feel pain after using SSB Kaioken so that's why Goku can using that ability whatever he want.
Mar 5, 2017 2:00 AM
Dec 2015
48 minutes battle royale. Will this be another 5 minutes until Namek explode again?
Mar 5, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2014
inb4 Tien Tri Beam'ing everyone out of the ring
themanualreader@proton.me
Mar 5, 2017 2:16 AM

Sep 2016
dont know how to feel about battle royale
i think it's going to be bad
I hope battle royale aren't going to be the only stage
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 5, 2017 2:20 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't like the episode.Why did Bergamo had to increase in size if he gets hit?Just receiving power would be enough.That made him quite vulnerable and actually ruined the fight for me.The rules were interesting especially the fact that there will be only one match which everyone will participate.That hooded guy the moment he revealed himself I lost all my hype for him just like with Kylo Ren.What a shitty design!I don't really care for this battle just start to form the team already.
Mar 5, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2012
sullynathan said:
is there a reason why Goku and Vegeta have not made Gohan, Goten and Trunks Super blue's now?
Wouldn't it to make sense to make them SS blue's for this upcoming fight? Toriyama better think about that.

Yay!
Everyone gets to be SSJB as easily as giving out trophies for participating.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2017 2:52 AM

Mar 2014
Janethan23 said:
sullynathan said:

Yay!
Everyone gets to be SSJB as easily as giving out trophies for participating.
we've already passed that point a while ago. We now know how easy it is for a Saiyan to become a God. Do the trick for all the living Saiyan's So that universe 7 increases their chance for victory in this fight.
There is no reason to hold back anymore.
Mar 5, 2017 3:19 AM

Oct 2015
So Goku no longer feels that much pain after using SSJB-kaio-ken. It means he'll be able to master it soon. Probably it's that thing from the opening, where he goes SSJB and gets an immense red aura. We just need to wait until that place-holder baseform gets swapped with a newer one.

I am completely fine with the pacing, they don't do annoying 10 episodes of screaming for one kamehameha anymore.

I know the battle royale will be 48 minutes only, but the writers seem to be guiding the story really well! 80 people fighting seemed too much. So they made it into a battle royale.

I'm guessing it actually will be a short 48 minutes, not stretching way too much, but there will be a tie, like 3 universes have 3 fighters remaining. And they make it a 3v3v3 match, or something else. Then they will have no time-limit to beat each other.
It's really not that difficult to make a good-length arc out of it while not making 48 minutes into 48 hours.
Mar 5, 2017 3:40 AM

May 2015
I'm not sure about this whole battle royale thing. I prefer 1vs1 fight.

Also no flying rule is no good. Welp, at least they can jump. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Bergamo had a nice ability, but he used it too much, dunno if he control how much he can grow because every time he grows he becomes slower.
Meh, I don't want a battle royale, I want 1 vs 1 fights.
Mar 5, 2017 4:20 AM

Sep 2013
the way i say is 2 or more universes will tie with 3 or 4 fighters then they will make a 1vs1 tournament after all the fodders have been cleared.

that is what i suspect at least... it will be a better finale.
Mar 5, 2017 5:06 AM

Sep 2014
since its a battle royale mister satan should join the team. Win secured.

Seriously .. a battle royale? A full scale tournament might be to long, but this kinda sucks.. We wanted to see epic 1on1s.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 5, 2017 5:41 AM
Aug 2013
Badly animated
Badly paced
Terrible storyline twists this episode
Fight made no sense - hardly any anticipation or exitement

Seems like they're making stuff up as they go. Goku might be the biggest reason for DBS failing. Recebt episodes featuring Gohan and Buu were way better
Mar 5, 2017 6:59 AM

Aug 2015
Guys you don't seem to understand. What Goku did against Hit was SSJB Kaioken x10.
What he did in this fight is SSJB kaioken (times one).
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 5, 2017 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
Rayrin said:

Unless you grew up with FUNimation's dub, Goku has always been a battle-hungry blockhead ignorant. He wasn't this hero FUNimation or the movies tried to paint as, he lives for fighting and on more than multiple occasions he made stupid decisions just to keep fighting strong opponents. He didn't spare Piccolo or Vegeta's lives because it was the right thing, no. He did it so he can fight them again. Or how about when Bulma suggested going after Dr. Gero and stop him before he unleashes the Artificial Humans? He said he wanted to fight them. Even earlier when Trunks told him he died before fighting them, Goku expressed his regret to not have his future self the chance to do so. Goku has always been someone who wants a fight before saving the world. It's just this is the first time he was overly criticized by other worldly beings who do not know who he is.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 5, 2017 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
The winner of the Royal Rumble will be crowned the Tournament of Power World Heavyweight Champion haha.

The episode was good but i though the battle would last at least for 2 episodes. Zen was going to wipe out the lowest mortal levels universe anyway and Goku gave the chance for one of them to survive by winning the tournament, however for some reason everyone thinks he is evil now. Perhaps the angels are doing a pretty awful job by selecting jokes of god destruction such as Beerus for example.

There should be a timer were a new participant enters the the ring every 5 minutes to makes this more like a WWE match lol.
RikkuMar 5, 2017 8:09 AM
Mar 5, 2017 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
Didn't know it was possible to flanderize Goku, but Super totally succeeded doing it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Today, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

285 by AnimeGuardAngle1 »»
Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

58 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.