Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2017 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I think this concludes most of the main storytelling about Neko.

Felt bad for her honestly since she has this sickness but hey, at least she is getting treatment for it.

Honestly, I wish they spent less time about Neko. I do like her in this show but there's not many episodes left and I feel like the series will be rushed to the end. They spent way too much time on her. We'll have to see I guess. Looks like we got the appearance of another character at the end...heh, I'm prepared for the drama.
Stark700Mar 2, 2017 8:25 AM
Mar 2, 2017 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
I just knew Aki's backstory with Masamune would be something like that. Now people can stop disliking her based on that she didn't accept him for who he was back then.

Masamune reignited his passion for revenge once more even though it's entirely the opposite of what Neko was trying to get him to see with that talk...
Mar 2, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
So nothing so "tragic" to end this Neko love story? Oh well, at least Masamune can finally hear the story behind her "motives" of chasing Masamune all this time. Even when he thought that's a lie.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 2, 2017 8:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Funny how Aki was in love with Fat Boy Masamune lol

Other than that, this was quite the bitter sweet episode and I felt pretty bad for Neko especially after finding out that her love wasn't superficial at all and that she probably knew Masamune before Aki even (Thus making her the true childhood friend)

Seeing Masamune's reaction to her was pretty sad too because in all honesty, if I were him, I would have wanted to be with Neko and clearly he knows that he should have chose her.....I LOVE him with Aki but I feel like it would have been great if the author had him get with Neko, at least for a couple of arcs

Still, it was a great episode filled with self reflection by everyone and I really enjoyed it....However, now I see that I'm gonna be pissed off due to the appearance of this imposter -_-

Sep 2015
Wait, what? The last part of this episode made me think that everything will go downhill from now on. Honestly, a sudden introduction of Neko felt 1000x times better than this idiocy.

Great episode overall, not counting the ending.

Dec 2015
Wait...so is that an impostor at the end trying to gain her affections? Or is that perhaps the REAL Masamune and our MC is actually a witness to what happened and not actually the same little chubby boy we believe him to be?
Mar 2, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2007
Hylianticipated said:
Wait...so is that an impostor at the end trying to gain her affections? Or is that perhaps the REAL Masamune and our MC is actually a witness to what happened and not actually the same little chubby boy we believe him to be?

We won't know until the next episode lol
Mar 2, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
so back up...Neko had a past with masamune and Aki really liked him back them....so to make more things complicate his duble shoes up like scent in the opening
Mar 2, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2012
Neko ;_;

Ugh, and he finally makes his appearance.

Mar 2, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Nice way to end Neko's story. Kind of feel bad for her since she's so sickly. Aki actually did like Masamune when he was fat. The ending is very interesting. Looks like an impostor.
Mar 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
So that explains how Neko knows Masamune. Funny how Aki was in love with Masamune when he was fat, maybe if he stayed that way instead of exercising and getting hot, she'd actually return his affections without a hassle. I can already tell this fake Masamune is gonna piss me off.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 2, 2017 9:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure how I feel about this development... seems like something that could be interesting but more likely is just going to end up dumb

I've had enough of impostors after reading Fuuka >.>
Mar 2, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2016
And now they introduce the character that will make this story go to shit.
Sigh it was good while it lasted.
Mar 2, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

I find it funny that Neko picked Makabe randomly out of every suitor but it's nice to see that they did in fact know each other. Still, Neko :(
Tokoya said:
Funny how Aki was in love with Fat Boy Masamune lol

Other than that, this was quite the bitter sweet episode and I felt pretty bad for Neko especially after finding out that her love wasn't superficial at all and that she probably knew Masamune before Aki even (Thus making her the true childhood friend)

Seeing Masamune's reaction to her was pretty sad too because in all honesty, if I were him, I would have wanted to be with Neko and clearly he knows that he should have chose her.....I LOVE him with Aki but I feel like it would have been great if the author had him get with Neko, at least for a couple of arcs

Still, it was a great episode filled with self reflection by everyone and I really enjoyed it....However, now I see that I'm gonna be pissed off due to the appearance of this imposter -_-

Pretty much everything I wanted to say, would have loved to see Makabe with Neko, an OVA with her would be welcome.
The OST when Neko and Masamune were talking was really beautiful.

Annoying ending, I knew something like this would happen. I really would have preferred it if the last few episodes were just fluff and about Makabe coming to terms with his feelings and eventually getting together with Aki. This impostor is gonna create some totally unwanted drama, who the hell is this guy anyway?
Mar 2, 2017 9:36 AM
Aug 2010
And the NTR begins.
Mar 2, 2017 10:01 AM
Dec 2011
dean said:
Hylianticipated said:

You can see it's not Masamune by the opening... after all, it shows both confronting each other. I know more because of the manga but won't say more than this.
JokerxHisokaMar 2, 2017 10:17 AM
Mar 2, 2017 10:06 AM
May 2015
[quote=JokerxHisoka message=49845092]
Hylianticipated said:
dean said:
Hylianticipated said:

You can see it's not Masamune by the opening... after all, it shows both confronting each other. I know more because of the manga but won't say more than this.

spoil pls, this anime just turned to shit for me
Mar 2, 2017 10:09 AM
Dec 2014
Unless we get a season 2 confirmation by episode 12 some people will be sore thanks to the new guy... Gladly it was resolved with the latest manga chapter at least.
Mar 2, 2017 10:16 AM
Nov 2013
I actually really felt for Neko. Neko > Adagaki all the way!

Chubby boy at the end is definitely bad news. Should've just picked Neko.

Nov 2016
so the fraud appears finally.
things are gonna get intresting.

Jun 2013
Thank god Neko is gone, but I'm already hating on this new guy. He seems like a jerk.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 2, 2017 10:24 AM
Dec 2011
Yoshino best girl.

NoValueNobs said:

JokerxHisokaMar 2, 2017 10:32 AM
Mar 2, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
Let the salt commence lmao
Mar 2, 2017 10:29 AM
Feb 2017
JokerxHisoka said:
Yoshino best girl.

NoValueNobs said:

ok thats actually very funny and how will adagaki find out thats not pigs foot ? or did yoshino said it to her ?
Mar 2, 2017 10:35 AM
Dec 2011
Passi_Dowayst said:
JokerxHisoka said:
Yoshino best girl.

ok thats actually very funny and how will adagaki find out thats not pigs foot ? or did yoshino said it to her ?

Mar 2, 2017 10:41 AM
Sep 2016
Neko best girl hands down.
Mar 2, 2017 10:48 AM
Mar 2015
Watch out,Aki. To quote Admiral Akbar "It's a trap!"
Mar 2, 2017 10:53 AM
Feb 2017
JokerxHisoka said:
Passi_Dowayst said:

ok thats a really dumb ending. then the hole show makes no sense after all but atleast it had 9 good episodes
Mar 2, 2017 10:56 AM
Dec 2011
Passi_Dowayst said:
JokerxHisoka said:

ok thats a really dumb ending. then the hole show makes no sense after all but atleast it had 9 good episodes

it didn't end yet though, lol.
Mar 2, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
The impostor was a completely unexpected route for this show to take and I also feel like things are gonna go downhill from here now too.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Mar 2, 2017 11:09 AM
Dec 2014
I've said this many times but from here on it will be Old Masamune vs New Masamune, Appearance vs Personality, Past Love vs Present Love, and Genuine vs Fake. I have no idea how and why people are thinking this part is a "downhill" to the series/story.
Mar 2, 2017 11:18 AM
Feb 2017
Huex3 said:
I've said this many times but from here on it will be Old Masamune vs New Masamune, Appearance vs Personality, Past Love vs Present Love, and Genuine vs Fake. I have no idea how and why people are thinking this part is a "downhill" to the series/story.

Because it is obv what will happen from now on its an open book it tooks all the
tension out of the anime and thats a Downhill path "my opinion"
Mar 2, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2016
I mean, ok, Neko lied about having picked Masamune at random, as one would expect of Fujinomiya-san. That's good and all, but...

Why the fuck did they have to introduce a new character now that the show felt like all pieces were finally being set up for the plot resolution? It makes no fucking sense, now everything willl most likely feel forced and rushed.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 2, 2017 11:21 AM
Dec 2011
nerdokingoftrash said:
I mean, ok, Neko lied about having picked Masamune at random, as one would expect of Fujinomiya-san. That's good and all, but...

Why the fuck did they have to introduce a new character now that the show felt like all pieces were finally being set up for the plot resolution? It makes no fucking sense, now everything willl most likely feel forced and rushed.

Rushed it won't be.
Mar 2, 2017 11:25 AM
Dec 2014
InceptionLoop said:
Huex3 said:

It's pretty predictable. I can't be sure of course but in the end, I think she will choose the real Masamune - the MC. As you said, this New Masamune was her past love but now they will both try to win her over and she will choose the present love.

Well the series is unexpected... I don't wanna spoil it for you. I highly recommend the manga cause the dialogue is better.

Also in the manga she actually crumples her photo with Masamune in her hand signifying that she's gonna give up on Makabe and forget her past with him and her love for him, I have no idea why they remove such a powerful scene in the anime.
Mar 2, 2017 11:28 AM
Dec 2014
nerdokingoftrash said:

Actually this arc is the "middle part" of the manga so... yeah I hope this gets a season 2

InceptionLoop said:
JokerxHisoka said:

Rushed it won't be.

Forced is still bad though

Not forced but... Let's just say he's almost like how Neko was introduced lol.
Mar 2, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
They find Neko and she gives her thoughts to aki and masamune :'(
Aki is is love with masamune of past and present now a fake masamune appears :O

Mar 2, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, I definitely didn't expect this. Is there any chance this will get resolved in the anime because the manga seems far from over?

Otherwise, this is going to be an insta drop.

edit: nevermind, read spoilers. But can they fit everything into the anime?
DoomdoctorMar 2, 2017 11:40 AM
Mar 2, 2017 11:40 AM
Dec 2014
While reading the manga from this point on I simply felt with Makabe. That was enough motivation to keep going. I don't think things will get worse from here on.

And one has every reason to feel with him. That new guy is not only pretending to be him, ...
Mar 2, 2017 11:41 AM
Dec 2014
Doomdoctor said:
Wow, I definitely didn't expect this. Is there any chance this will get resolved in the anime because the manga seems far from over?

Otherwise, this is going to be an insta drop.

edit: nevermind, read spoilers. But can they fit i into the anime?

Not unless they leave out an entire arc and change the next arc a little. I hope they leave the option for a second season whenever.
Mar 2, 2017 11:54 AM
Feb 2016
Poor neko :(( And that ending? Please tell me its not going to be some bullshit NTR or something.
Mar 2, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
Lets see how many people will drop this anime because the most hated char on this series finally here and incoming very bad score for this season

Just say you are "Masamune" and Aki will love you (manga reader shoud understand)
Into the Internet!
Mar 2, 2017 12:14 PM
Mar 2016
oh. the bigest enemy a;ready appear?
but yeah they spoil it on OP LOL
Mar 2, 2017 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
I do have sympathy for Neko. Seeing that the first time she met him was at a fancy party does show that her love for Masamune wasn't superficial at all.

Despite that, Masamune did do the right thing in rejecting her and at least Neko has come to terms with it now. I hope we see her again soon. =)

For Aki, it seems like she was reminiscing about her past with the young chubby Masamune, while blushing at the same time interestingly. However, a slightly chubby teen approaches and calls out to her, which she calls him Masamune...

Either they have the same name in some sense or he's an imposter. Judging by other users reactions, this maybe a character that i'll hate, so time will tell for me on that one.

A very good episode overall. =)
Mar 2, 2017 12:28 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay i see now what people meant. This is stupid.
Mar 2, 2017 12:29 PM

May 2015
IMPOSTOR APPEARD! KILL HIM WIIH FIRE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 2, 2017 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
Neko is the pity character. The one that makes you like her because of circumstance (and nopan).

Still, a lot of things happening...
It's funny how Aki loved chubster Masamune, even though he things she hated him because he was a chub, and is trying to get revenge...

This guy at the end is obviously really ninja and extremely well informed.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 2, 2017 12:33 PM
Aug 2016
Pointless thing: in the manga Futaba confessed to Masamune, in the anime she didn't. What's the sense about changing this thing, i don't get it lol
Mar 2, 2017 12:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
An impostor? Really?

And Adagaki being in love with a the chubby Masamune? talk about otaku wishful thinking.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
Poor Neko :/ Quite surprising she knew Masamune from the beginning...

And the ending tho
THANKS SENPIEX
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.