Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2017 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It ended...

A somewhat disappointing end tbh.

Though Momo and Nemesis made the end less underwhelming.

Is not completely over since there will be 2 Extra chapters in the next months.
So at least I'm expecting a proper ending in these.

Anyway I have to admit I'll miss Momo, the rest of the girls and of course Rito's falls.
Mech4nicMar 4, 2017 3:49 AM
Mar 1, 2017 8:30 AM
Sep 2016
Are the raws out? I'm afraid of how it ended but too curious to wait...
Mar 1, 2017 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Man what a fucking awful ending
Mar 1, 2017 11:31 AM
Sep 2016
Waiting for the translation, but from what I saw it's pure shit. Let's hope for the bonus chapters...
Mar 1, 2017 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
well it ended more or less the same way as the original series and I'm ok with that for now
would of liked more Nana but Yami getting a lot of focus is what made this season so good in my opinion
will hope for a switch of main characters now if we do get a sequel
Mar 1, 2017 11:48 AM
Sep 2016
Deknijff said:
well it ended more or less the same way as the original series and I'm ok with that for now
That's exactly what I hate. I know why the original had an open ending and I was hoping that Darkness would have the real conclusion. I liked darkness more than the original but with an ending like this it the whole sequel seems a little pointless to me.
Mar 1, 2017 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Lex1979 said:
Deknijff said:
That's exactly what I hate. I know why the original had an open ending and I was hoping that Darkness would have the real conclusion. I liked darkness more than the original but with an ending like this it the whole sequel seems a little pointless to me.
dont feel like it was pointless to me
Yami developed a lot as a character and I got more Nana
of course not as much as I would of preferred but its better than nothing
Mar 1, 2017 12:05 PM
Sep 2016
Yami and Momo are definitevely the highlights of Darkness. Sadly I tend to see the glass half empty so while I like their development I can't stop regretting that hadn't been done more.
Mar 1, 2017 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
Lex1979 said:
Yami and Momo are definitively the highlights of Darkness. Sadly I tend to see the glass half empty so while I like their development I can't stop regretting that hadn't been done more.
well Yami not getting as much development as she could of can be seen as a shame but if they would of focused on her too much the other girls would of gotten less screen time which I wouldn't have liked
Mar 1, 2017 12:44 PM

Dec 2009
I feel very disappointed about the ending... I kinda expecting to show Rito to decline his feeling towards the other girls who confessed to him.. But no... Another cliché scene of Momo & Nemesis on the bed with Rito.. Eww... Fuck this bullshit.. So repetitive, it totally make sense why the manga ended the way it did... :(

The only thing that I'm grateful about Darkness is that it gave Yami some character development but other than that is meh..
Mar 1, 2017 12:46 PM
Sep 2016
Deknijff said:
Lex1979 said:
Yami and Momo are definitively the highlights of Darkness. Sadly I tend to see the glass half empty so while I like their development I can't stop regretting that hadn't been done more.
well Yami not getting as much development as she could of can be seen as a shame but if they would of focused on her too much the other girls would of gotten less screen time which I wouldn't have liked
Yami for me is pretty much complete, only thing I miss is Rito falling for her too. Same for Momo.
Nana and Yui, on the other hand, have so much untapped potential...
Mar 1, 2017 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
Lex1979 said:
Deknijff said:
Nana and Yui, on the other hand, have so much untapped potential...
Im not seeing any untapped potential
they are well established and all they are truly lacking is screen time
Mar 1, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 2012
Depending on if the series gets a true sequel or not or depeding on how the extra chapters are i'm a bit disappointed with this ending but it can still end differently in the future so I'll be patient.
Mar 1, 2017 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Just so you guys know, they're not even extra chapters that are coming.

They're just short stories that won't even be bundled with the final volume.
Mar 1, 2017 1:55 PM

Oct 2013
Lolimancer said:

got any source about that information?
or is it just something you heard online?
Mar 1, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
Lolimancer said:

One of the guys on /a/ who translate spoilers for this and other series confirmed it. He said we shouldn't expect them to give any sort of conclusion to the series.
Mar 1, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Lolimancer said:
Deknijff said:
One of the guys on /a/ who translate spoilers for this and other series confirmed it. He said we shouldn't expect them to give any sort of conclusion to the series.
oh ok I see
well ok then
Mar 1, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Huh I don't get it, Yabuki's circumstances were not the same as original tlr(where he was forced to end it for that ex wife fiasco), the sales are not bad, there was no fear of cancellation, so why deliver this type of ending? Really underwhelming imo if it doesn't get a sequel.
Mar 1, 2017 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
Huh I don't get it, Yabuki's circumstances were not the same as original tlr(where he was forced to end it for that ex wife fiasco), the sales are not bad, there was no fear of cancellation, so why deliver this type of ending? Really underwhelming imo if it doesn't get a sequel.

Last summer when he was a judge for new romcom series at some event, he said that he was recently moving on from the genre. Also, please remember that Yabuki is only the artist, not the writer.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-01/shonen-jump-rookie-contest-challenges-manga-artists-to-impress-kentaro-yabuki/.103825
Mar 1, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder if manga publishers just don't allow full harem endings? It never seems to happen even when people want it.

Does anyone know where I could find the raws?
Mar 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
Well, this ending appears to have sucked, though maybe not as badly as the first manga's did. It doesn't even look like much of an ending to me, to be honest.

It annoys me how Hasemi was incapable of pulling off a decent ending and opted for an open ending. It's like he's trolling us, even the Japanese fans. It further proves he is an amateurish writer who can only write guilty pleasure material.

TheExile285 said:
I wonder if manga publishers just don't allow full harem endings? It never seems to happen even when people want it.

Does anyone know where I could find the raws?

I doubt the publishers stop the authors from doing so. I believe many authors are "afraid" from diverging from other harem mangas, or they have great difficulty writing a harem ending that works.

As for the raws, you can find them at raw.senmanga.com, but I don't think they're uploaded yet.
Mar 1, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2009
Look likes there's going to be another OVA episode of To Love Ru & also 2 extra chapters:
https://myanimelist.net/news/49839044
Mar 1, 2017 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Lolimancer said:
Frostbytes said:

Last summer when he was a judge for new romcom series at some event, he said that he was recently moving on from the genre. Also, please remember that Yabuki is only the artist, not the writer.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-01/shonen-jump-rookie-contest-challenges-manga-artists-to-impress-kentaro-yabuki/.103825

Pretty sure Yabuki controls everything in regards of tlr, nevertheless my point still stands for the unknown reasons of such a cop out ending. You get this type of ending in some cancelled wsj work. But then there are instances of shit endings when there is full chance of delivering a proper end like yankee kun and haganai so wtv.
removed-userMar 1, 2017 8:42 PM
Mar 1, 2017 10:57 PM
Sep 2016
Well even if he want to try other genres, which is fine, they should have planned in advance a proper ending for this serie.
Mar 2, 2017 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
From what I've heard this is basically looking like another
A well loved series that looked like it might actually have a harem ending, then ends with an unsatisfying open ending.

I really hope there's going to be a 3rd "season".

*Added*

After reading chapter 77 I'm dropping my score to a 9. I absolutely LOVE this series, but IF this is THE ending to this series then it just overtook Rosario Vampire on my list for most disappointing endings ever.

Hell, at least in Rosario Vampire....

I really freaking hope that we get another "season" of TLR to reach a freaking conclusion.
CasyleMar 4, 2017 10:15 AM
Mar 3, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
Casyle said:
I really hope there's going to be a 3rd "season".

That could be a possibility eventually, but I bet that'll end with a shitty open ending as well.
Mar 3, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
Would have given it a higher score because of the revolutionary attempts to bypass censorship. Hower, the unconclusive ending, after so many years, was definitely disappointing. At least we got our Mea x Nana Yuri ship!

Mar 3, 2017 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Read the translated chapter, ehh really disappointing if that's the last chapter to conclude this franchise.

Momo confessing was good to see, but what abt the other girls who didn't confess?

"Something is going to change"
Well not the goddamn status quo apparently

Also that lala scene was random af.

Apparently someone translated this in tlr subreddit

So, TLR Darkness finally ends in Chapter 77 (released on 4 March 2017). After TLR Darkness ends, there will be "extra chapter" on April and May issue, BUT its not an extra from TLR Darkness, but from original To Love-Ru instead. To make it simple, it would be like this: extra chapter 1 on April and extra chapter 2 on May. Back to TLR Darkness, chapter 73-77 will be bundled to one book as "TLR Darkness volume 18" and will be released on 4 April 2017. As for the extra chapter, it will be bundled as a new book, named "To Love-Ru Chronicle" and will be released on 4 August 2017. This new book will be bundled with a bonus DVD, and it will contain a new OVA based on the extra chapter.
I just realized that there is a word play on "To Love-Ru Chronicle". Its supposed to be written with Katakana (とらぶる・クロニクル) as a sign that its an English word, not a Japanese. But, its actually written with Hiragana instead (とらぶる・くろにくる), meaning that its actually a Japanese word, because (くろにくる) would means Kuro ni Kuru → (クロに来る) → "Kuro will come".

Overall it was a good ride, lack of conclusion brought down the score to 6.
Mar 3, 2017 10:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well.... I guess that's that. Scans are out on reddit now at least

All-in-all, if this truly is all there is to it and we're not getting a continuation, then I'll be very disappointed. This has been by far the best ecchi/harem I have ever read for many years now, and seeing it being cut short before the harem ending could come into fruition would be such a huge waste of potential. I'm honestly not sure if I can justify keeping it at a 10 anymore if this is truly the case (still a bit on the fence on that part). But at least the last line gives some hope that a sequel might be coming in the future, though I won't get my hopes up too high

Either way though, nothing can take away from the fact that the chapters we got of Darkness have been absolutely blissful. This manga has constantly pushed the limits of what the ecchi/harem genre is capable of doing to a level which I have never seen anywhere else. Seeing one of my favorite series being cut short like this truly hurts, but I guess you just have to look back on it and remember the journey rather than the ending

Thanks you for everything regardless Yabuki and Hasemi. I really hope you will continue this franchise one day, but if you really want to move on to something new as I've heard rumors of, then good luck with that and best wishes to you in the future as well
Mar 3, 2017 11:10 AM
Sep 2016
Just read the translation....terrible ending. No resolution, no closure. Rito still haven0t accepted the harem but cannot reject Lala. He still doesn't feel anything for the other girls. What is the meaning of making Momo and Yami the main characters, giving them lot of character development (that I liked) only to have in the end their feeling not reciprocated?
What is the meaning of making the main plot of the serie the creation of an harem if there is no harem in the end?
I had high hopes for this manga, and then...
Mar 3, 2017 1:19 PM

Dec 2009
After reading the translation, the ending may be kinda bad sure but at least Rito didn't gave in to that harem bullshit ^^ Hehehe, have Momo as a main character serves no purposes at all, does nothing but do perverted stuff towards Rito most of the time... Just move on, you pushy bitch and also Nemesis as well!!! -_____-
Mar 3, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
well as I too have read the translations now I can give my final thoughts
All that truly happened is that Haruna got to confess and be confessed to by Rito like with Lala in the first manga
so more or less it is just a rehash of the first manga but were it truly stud out from the original was to give Yami all her development which I personally liked and would have no problem giving the manga a 9
but I can't simply ignore all the torture Momo has given me now these past years to the point I actually welcomed the censorship in the anime and yet I didn't get to see her get rejected which is pretty sad for me. I wanted to see her cry in true despair
but Im glad I didn't have to see Nana get rejected which I've been mentally preparing myself for
Im also glad the harem didn't happen so I don't have to worry about the girls being treated badly which is nice
so hopefully there will be no sequel and it just ends here so that I don't have to worry about that anymore
but if they want to make a Nana spin off I'm totally open to that idea if they do it like with the Railgun spin off of Index
Mar 3, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2016
Solid ending... IF there is a continuation, which I think will likely happen. The story & the franchise just aren't at an end point yet.

As a standalone ending this would be disappointing, it feels like a transition chapter, it really doesn't have any ''end feel''.
Mar 3, 2017 3:58 PM

Dec 2016
Zakokyara said:
It annoys me how Hasemi was incapable of pulling off a decent ending and opted for an open ending. It's like he's trolling us, even the Japanese fans. It further proves he is an amateurish writer who can only write guilty pleasure material.

What do you mean with ''guilty pleasure material''? To Love-Ru is a romance ecchi comedy, in my eyes it doesn't have to be very well written. The show does exactly what it intends to do.
Mar 3, 2017 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
It's nice to see Momo finally confess!

Overall very unsatisfying. I really hope that the 2 extra chapters give some closure to the series.
Mar 3, 2017 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
I could also see the authors pushing the ending of Darkness so that they end at volume 18, the original also ended at 18.

I wonder - if there is a continuation - if it will take a different direction. More ecchi? Or back to more comedy again?

And can they publish a thrid artbook with the rest of the color pictures? The last one was only release in May, not enough material for 100+ pages I think.
Mar 3, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2010
Not the best ending...pretty terrible one I'd say but there must be a sequel right? otherwise I would feel even worse. And preferably Momo is not the main heroine in the sequel, I miss Lala as the heroine...
Mar 3, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2012
There's a lot I want to say, but the ending is just pretty unsatisfying..

Whether it isn't a happy end or is, I wanted a better conclusion for Lala and Yami since they're my favorites if I take everything into account, but it doesn't feel like I'll be getting that. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Regardless of what happens, hoping to see more from Yabuki or Hasemi. If what you guys posted up there is true^ I wonder what kinda genre Yabuki will move onto.

Mar 3, 2017 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, this was not a good ending. I'm not even as upset about there being no harem end, as much as it feels like we still went back to status quo on the last page. Hasemi is shit, Yabuki should move onto better stuff. It's probably just a troll, but there were rumors on 2ch that Nisio Isin wanted to start another battle manga and that he reached out to Yabuki to do the art. But it's 2ch so I doubt it means anything, although the combination would be godly.
Mar 3, 2017 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
The ending felt pretty underwhelming to me. Only Momo's confession and Nemesis's trolling made it slightly entertaining. The most disappointing part for me is no appearance of Yami and everything just felt like it's another normal chapter. The final panel of this was also the principal...? Really?

Sigh, at least it was a fun ride. They should do a spinoff of Nemesis.
Mar 3, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 2012
I really can't see the series ending like this so i'm honestly expecting a proper sequel considering the text at the end.
Mar 3, 2017 10:14 PM
May 2009
......this is how it ends?

Mar 3, 2017 10:28 PM
Feb 2017
Ooh cmon. Can't accept end like this.
It's so open end what i can even imagine. fwt &(
He kinda ok if series continue.
My day has been broken. No satisfying at all =(
UoipkaMar 3, 2017 11:12 PM
Mar 3, 2017 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
I can't believe it's finally over, and it really did wrap up pretty much the same way as the original. I'm fine with an open ending since that at least leaves the possibility of a sequel, although I kinda get the feeling we'd never get a definite conclusive ending either way.
Mar 3, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
more or less same like original, and even possibility like original, lel...

at least, the side character and "very little mc" has developed which is nice...

7/10 like original... waiting patiently for sequel probably next year like before...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 3, 2017 11:33 PM

Oct 2013
I was expecting an orgy
Mar 4, 2017 2:24 AM

Nov 2008
About time this finished for good. The vagina nightmare has ended.

Mar 4, 2017 2:30 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty Bad ending IMO
Mar 4, 2017 2:42 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
The ending felt pretty underwhelming to me. Only Momo's confession and Nemesis's trolling made it slightly entertaining. The most disappointing part for me is no appearance of Yami and everything just felt like it's another normal chapter. The final panel of this was also the principal...? Really?

Sigh, at least it was a fun ride. They should do a spinoff of Nemesis.

Yami was cooking with Mikan in one of the panels, she was in there I guess u miss her lol.

Damn this better have a sequel to TRULY wrap things up otherwise this was really bad on a conclsution part. Worse thing knowing the author wasnt even being rushed or being threatened to have Tlr Darkness axed and still couldnt do a Goood ending with the harem!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 4, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 2010
Obvious ending.

Though i don't care, i love TLR for characters, not story.

Here Momo ending from game for you.

Jap

And my translation with poor english skill...
UtamarunoMar 4, 2017 2:53 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else think this is truly special?

IceCreamScene - Jul 12, 2022

7 by Wannabiteme »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:19 AM

» Sequel

Radtoter - Mar 13, 2022

4 by Natsusama98 »»
Jul 19, 2022 5:48 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

42 by parkave »»
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuki Rito

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 15, 2021 8:03 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mech4nic - Feb 1, 2017

76 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 5, 2020 3:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.