Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2017 12:49 AM

Jan 2014
Zemroid said:
Nice fighting this episode. Is it just me or did it look like Tanya in the photo at the end? I'm probably just reading too much into it.

I actually thought the same thing. And if you recall from episode 1 it was said that her father had to leave her mother to fight the war.

MadSkulzFeb 11, 2017 12:55 AM
Feb 11, 2017 1:09 AM

Jun 2010
MadSkulz said:

And how should that be possible? In the first episode we have seen that she was a baby when she was left to the church/orphanage. And she said that she doesn't even know her father.

So how do you explain a picture with both parents and a girl clearly not at an infants age?
Feb 11, 2017 1:22 AM

Dec 2016
Damn it's already finished. This episode felt like it went really quickly.

Tanya does what she does best. That scene at the end was very funny.
Feb 11, 2017 1:28 AM

Dec 2013
Didn't expect this, but this episode's dogfights and strategies were even better than last episodes.
Tanya just had to go out there and play hero though, which whilst super badass, kinda pointed to her buying into her own invincibility a bit. Let's hope Being X doesn't decide to level the playing fields somehow with a direct rival or some means to nullify her somehow (expecting it to happen though). The way she leads and motivates her battalion is awesome and genius at the same time. I wonder which wing commander lost the bet though. XD

As for the girl in the picture what was probably his daughter.
I'm betting that was just to prove a point to indicate that this Colonel Sue will be opposed to killing a girl on the battlefield who somehow, as with almost every ranking soldier here, "is the same age as his daughter back home"? I feel like this is beginning to become a running gag here....
Ultimately I'm predicting his hesitation will be what Tanya uses to outmaneuver him, because he seems a smart enough opponent (specially given they actually named him to us).

Oh and I feel Tanya on second-hand smoke. Cannot stand that stuff.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 11, 2017 1:31 AM

May 2014
It's about damn time the episode came out! I woke up a little before 8 am yesterday, and here I am just barely finishing the episode about 17 hours later. Anyway, this was probably one of my favorite episodes to be honest. There's just something about the way Tanya and her battalion interact with each other that really amuses me and I can't get enough of it. Being X just seems to get more small minded every time he makes an appearance. I mean come on now, he's practically orchestrating WW1 in this timeline by influencing the decisions of the other major powers JUST to satisfy some twisted vendetta against Tanya.
Alcatraz_ZombieFeb 11, 2017 1:36 AM
Feb 11, 2017 1:51 AM

Jun 2014
More badassery from Tanya and her battalion on the battlefield. She continues to impress every episode.

Lol at that secondhand smoke thing at the end, how unlucky.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 11, 2017 2:04 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Really loving how this series is developing the war and everyone's responses to it. Funny how Tanya's forecasts of how this 'world war' will develop are coming to fruition even faster than she expected (and her actions are inadvertently helping it along).

Echo everyone else's thoughts regarding Being X - Tanya casually walking away from the corpse only to have everything freeze and the corpse animate itself was just creepy as hell. Though it is also kind of fun to see even Tanya lose her composure for once.

Oh yes, and LOL at the 'secondhand smoke' at the end. :D
SQ5 said:
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
Feb 11, 2017 2:09 AM
Sep 2014
Hoshino_Maria said:
Curse you, secondhand smokers

Why are you cursing Tanya for that? ._.
Feb 11, 2017 2:58 AM
Jan 2013
Being X criticised Tanya for lack of morality, yet he is sending billions of people to the death only to force one person to believe in him :P
Feb 11, 2017 3:01 AM

Sep 2015

Sadly the subs at the smoking moment was a bit incorrect. Tanya was not pointing to 'secondhand smoke' actually. ‘分煙’ as in Bun'en, its more like non-smoking area. Tanya wanted to ask for that.
valvravetruthFeb 11, 2017 3:07 AM
Feb 11, 2017 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
As epic as ever by the Devil of Rhine
Never fail to ceased me....
Not only she invaded the whole bomber on her own...
She also tracked down the huge signal from below... Even the altitude is way too.. high

Seems another threat of Being X... How miserable Tanya acts more devilish when it comes to him... :D
Either her existence... is above crucial yet worthless...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
valvravetruth said:

Sadly the subs at the smoking moment was a bit incorrect. Tanya was not pointing to 'secondhand smoke' actually. ‘分煙’ as in Bun'en, its more like non-smoking area. Tanya wanted to ask for that.

Actually the subs are wrong a lot of time in this episode. CR often have a few mistakes so it's nothing new, but there was a lot more than usual in this one.
Feb 11, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2007
This is this series at its lowest so far. More bullshit OP MC showing off, surface level politics, and the Being X appearance that seems completely pointless. Nice visuals, but the smoking segment in the end is the only interesting part of this episode.
Feb 11, 2017 4:19 AM

Dec 2014
in this episode based on the restless behavior the Being X showed..I just felt that may b the entire world is just simulation for Tanya(as an avatar)...as it feels ridiculous to plunge the entire world into war just to teach a person to show respect to his creators..

Feb 11, 2017 4:58 AM

Dec 2014
Tanya she is such a badass...I like how she defiles being X..... but she is in the wrong though...
Feb 11, 2017 5:20 AM

Sep 2014
good thing about ep6: still 6 episodes left!
Bad thing: Only 6 episodes and a recap left :/
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 11, 2017 5:38 AM
Dec 2013
rikuhod said:
Being X criticised Tanya for lack of morality, yet he is sending billions of people to the death only to force one person to believe in him :P

I don't think it's an issue for him. I mean he designed people specifically to die, reincarnate, and, I guess go to heaven at the end? Or something. The bottom line is - he would't have done so if he considered death as something bad. So it's not morally wrong for him to kill people. From his perspective it may be even good - if you're a good man and die earlier you'll go to heaven sooner, right?
Feb 11, 2017 5:51 AM
Dec 2013
Janeel said:
in this episode based on the restless behavior the Being X showed..I just felt that may b the entire world is just simulation for Tanya(as an avatar)...as it feels ridiculous to plunge the entire world into war just to teach a person to show respect to his creators..

Ridiculous? Not for a god.

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

We know that being-X is a little overreactive so just replace ninety-nine with ninety-nine millions. The rest stays the same.
Feb 11, 2017 6:37 AM
Oct 2016
probably my fav episode thus far. i got chills when god was talking through the dead man's body. the music in this series is astonishing.

i gotta say YS keeps ranking up in my eyes. For example, everyone is praising AO NO exorcist for not rushing things and having a slow build up so that we can explore everything about the characters, but YS managed to do this while mixing action sequences and not letting the boil be boring or too slow, i honestly thought i'd be a mediocre series but idk i'm enjoying it lots..
Feb 11, 2017 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
Being X is the definition of petty.

"This guy doesn't like me eh? Well lets make his life miserable and force him to kill until he DOES believe in me. Oh, wait, hes enjoying this? Okay okay fine. LETS THROW 3 MORE COUNTRIES AT HIM. You know what, fuck it. The entire god damned planet now wants him dead."
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 11, 2017 6:45 AM

Feb 2011
Well:
Asturaetus said:
MadSkulz said:

And how should that be possible? In the first episode we have seen that she was a baby when she was left to the church/orphanage. And she said that she doesn't even know her father.

So how do you explain a picture with both parents and a girl clearly not at an infants age?

It is more likely it is Sasha the adjutant in the photo. Question is if she is a spy or a unfortunate person, and if they meet in battle will it come down to Tanya or her father "shoot him" choice. Plot armor Tanya will survive but there is a chance she might get shot and become more twisted and Sasha become a major antagonist, or she shoots her father and Sasha become twisted, or this act by Sasha changes our MC's way of viewing Sasha if only a little.
Feb 11, 2017 7:18 AM
Jul 2014
dim100 said:
Well:
Asturaetus said:

It is more likely it is Sasha the adjutant in the photo. Question is if she is a spy or a unfortunate person, and if they meet in battle will it come down to Tanya or her father "shoot him" choice. Plot armor Tanya will survive but there is a chance she might get shot and become more twisted and Sasha become a major antagonist, or she shoots her father and Sasha become twisted, or this act by Sasha changes our MC's way of viewing Sasha if only a little.
isn't she just the colonel anson sue's daughter,
he mentioned that tanya look younger than his daughter in eps 2, don't think too much about it
Feb 11, 2017 7:28 AM

Feb 2011
code73 said:
dim100 said:
Well:

he mentioned that tanya look younger than his daughter in eps 2, don't think too much about it

Unfortunately if they show this it will come into play somehow, that's just story telling.
Feb 11, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2014
dim100 said:
code73 said:

Unfortunately if they show this it will come into play somehow, that's just story telling.
yup, and colonel anson just got a death flag, btw, i just want to point out that he's not tanya neither visha's father.
code73Feb 11, 2017 7:55 AM
Feb 11, 2017 8:14 AM
Oct 2007
Omg!! Waited the whole day for this episode and totally worth it!

Normally this would be the first show I watch on a Saturday while I sip on coffee this season.

No new episode next week :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2009
Hoshino_Maria said:

Lol... Ironically the best part of the episode was after the credits XD
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 11, 2017 8:50 AM
Jul 2016
Tanya is the FUCKING FLYING MINI SIEGTANK. She would give the Liberator a bad name. LOL
Feb 11, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2014
Okay, that scene with Being X possessing the corpse kinda creeped me out O_O

Also liking the relationship Tanya's building with her Battalion unit!
Feb 11, 2017 9:16 AM

Nov 2014
Looks like a hell is about to break loose

Feb 11, 2017 9:48 AM
Dec 2014
After all those words about WW... Seems like Imperium has the same fate as Germany. Will Tanya fight to the last soldier?
Feb 11, 2017 9:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Being X gonna unleash hell on Tanya now xD That corpse take over though.

Her battalion is really working well now and seem to like what Tanya does.
Feb 11, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2016
That battle scene <3333333 and that scene with the dead pilot was freaky O_o

GenesisAria said:
Hoshino_Maria said:

Lol... Ironically the best part of the episode was after the credits XD

Huh, I didn't even know there was still some of the episode after the credits.
Feb 11, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
@Cherea
Anime often do that, you should always check after the credits, sometimes important stuff happens.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 11, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2016
Really solid episode, being X getting more aggressive.
Feb 11, 2017 10:36 AM

May 2012
Great episode. This anime is pure gold.
I despise woke people.
Feb 11, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2015
rofl all smokers haha, it gotta be bad for a little girl body.
Feb 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
Being X is so annoying. Why does he go so far for one person? even if she suddenly will turn into a believer,it's only one person in the end, UNLESS he is omnipotent and does this for everyone o_o

Scene at the end made me laugh real hard :D
Feb 11, 2017 11:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That last sequence reminded of some old family pictures I've just seen. My uncle as a 6 month baby is sitting on my grandmothers lap, yet every single adult around them is seen smoking or with an ashtray in front of them. Different times, huh?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
I'm loving Tanya more and more as each episode passes by
Feb 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Wonder what the deal with that photo at the end was? Either way, this was another interesting and solid episode from this show, with lots of fun Tanya action as well.
Feb 11, 2017 12:57 PM

May 2015
Typical episode. Typical Tanya. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode.
Focused almost entirely on the war. Still wondering if there will be anyone who can compete with Tanya, maybe a genius on the other side.
Feb 11, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
What an intense episode. Tanya taking down those bombers was epic, especially when she casually threw the grenade into the lead bomber. Being X possessing the dead body and talking to Tanya was great. She really hates secondhand smoking.
Feb 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Just caught up with it and HOLY CRAP, it's the first "new" show that I've liked in months, if not years. Still, I have a bad feeling about this. I haven't read the LNs, but I'm guessing what the ending will be and it's not looking good; I'd just say what is it, but I don't want to accidentally guess it correctly and end up dropping major spoilers.
Feb 11, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
Entente Alliance getting rekt by the tanya and her elite troops.
Nice action and being X accelerating the war world XD

Manly men smoke cigars.

Feb 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2016
Possessing a corpse to prove a point doesn't sound very Godlike but it does sound like what a God is capable of.

I can't wait for Tanya to take to the skies once again!
Feb 11, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2016
I love how Tanya emotionlessly prays to "god" for her attack to hit just for the sake of success!

Excellent post credits scene, good episode but not as good as the others.
Feb 11, 2017 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
- lul @ the ending. Second hand smoke is n o - j o k e
Feb 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Mar 2011
Damn being X, taking over a corpse just to leave a message to Tanya, he's such a jerk
That ending tho, Tanya really does not like the smoke
Feb 11, 2017 7:38 PM

Sep 2015
COuld that girl in the pic be the assistant??!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.