Forum Settings
Forums

Dear White People Video from Netflix (An example of resistance to Cultural Marxism)

New
Feb 9, 2017 9:39 AM

Feb 2016

Discuss have fun my commie comrades
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2017 9:51 AM

Aug 2012
Is it me or the video doesn't work?
Feb 9, 2017 9:59 AM

Feb 2015
That's an impressive like to dislike ratio that video has.
Feb 9, 2017 10:20 AM
Apr 2013
Rasheed said:

It's not just you.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Feb 9, 2017 10:23 AM

Feb 2016
Doesnt work because I live in Commie state

Sorry comrades gotta ask goverment for fixing

Oh thank you leaf capitalist pig for bringing video up again
Feb 9, 2017 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty sure the original film was a satire on both sides. Trailer was obviously made vague to produce the reaction it's getting.
Feb 9, 2017 10:30 AM

Mar 2012
"Imagine if white people made a show called Dear Black People!" Is that the controversy? I haven't seen the movie, so I could be missing something.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2011
Aureolus said:
Rasheed said:

It's not just you.
Pretty disgusting reverse racism against white people. I wish we get "DearblackPeople" video about them being strip down to their underwear and toss in the woods, for them to build their tribal society w/o western influences.
Feb 9, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
Standby for angry internet virgins who don't understand satire.
Feb 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Mar 2014
Isn't it supposed to be satire or something? I haven't watched the movie

Anyway, I have no doubt that this is going to be a cinematic masterpiece of finest quality. Inb4 Netflix starts losing subscriptions at a high rate :^)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
Bobby2Hands said:

SORRY BOBBY, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?

Comic_Sans said:
Isn't it supposed to be satire or something? I haven't watched the movie

Anyway, inb4 Netflix starts losing subscriptions at a high rate :^)
I heard this is happening but not at a large scale.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 9, 2017 11:02 AM

Jan 2009
wow reverse racism right there
Feb 9, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
Can't we just call it racism? Reverse racism is just racism.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2009
Immahnoob said:
j0x said:

reverse racism is when racial minority groups becomes racist towards the racial majority group, its a proper word and not just a meme word
Feb 9, 2017 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Why do so many companies feel the need to take political stances? Taking a stance is always gonna alienate a part of your consumerbase, and might dissuade people from even buying your shit to begin with.

They ain't makin any catcholas doin this kinda shit, just look at Ghostbusters (2016)... so why are they doing it? Do they feel outing their political agenda is worth taking the hit in sales? I don't get it.
Feb 9, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
j0x said:
Immahnoob said:

reverse racism is when racial minority groups becomes racist towards the racial majority group, its a proper word and not just a meme word
You're right, it's not a meme word, it's a retarded word.

Racism encompasses that too. Reverse racism is just a way to say "muh minorities are more important!" because supposedly, what our white ancestors did, should make us feel guilty forever. That's a form of racism too.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
j0x said:
Immahnoob said:

Yeah, but liberals have a weird defeinition of racism; that is "prejudice" plus "power" equals "racism". Implying minorities can't be racist. From this perspective reverse racism would make sense, but the concept of racism from a liberal's point of view is bullshit. There is practically no difference between "reverse racism" and racism.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Feb 9, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
@Immahnoob
@Kmolson

ye i agree its still racism, i just happen to use the available word for it
Feb 9, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Bobby2Hands said:
Standby for angry internet autists who don't understand satire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feb 9, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Ugh, the co-producer tweets shit like "Fuck white people". If it had been any other skin color you bet your ass this shit wouldn't be greenlit :_:

https://twitter.com/JackPMoore/status/796216633177972737

I mean I would be OK with this show being produced, but you can feel their intent and the agenda their pushing here. If they were just poking fun at white stereotypes instead of bashing them, it would have been OK.

Bobby2Hands said:
I don't think a show co-produced by a guy who says shit like that on Twitter is a satire. I don't know we'll wait and see, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it.
removed-userFeb 9, 2017 11:28 AM
Feb 9, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Kmolson said:
j0x said:

Yeah, but liberals have a weird defeinition of racism; that is "prejudice" plus "power" equals "racism". Implying minorities can't be racist. From this perspective reverse racism would make sense, but the concept of racism from a liberal's point of view is bullshit. There is practically no difference between "reverse racism" and racism.
There is one aspect of it. Racism encompasses all cases while reverse racism only talks about the cases in which minorities are involved.
Zeaboo said:
Bobby2Hands said:
Standby for angry internet autists who don't understand satire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GreenSoap said:
Ugh, the co-producer tweets shit like "Fuck white people". If it had been any other skin color you bet your ass this shit wouldn't be greenlit :_:

https://twitter.com/JackPMoore/status/796216633177972737

I mean I would be OK with this show being produced, but you can feel their intent and the agenda their pushing here. If they were just poking fun at white stereotypes instead of bashing them, it would have been OK.
If only they knew how to make satire.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2015
Apparently it's satire but that didn't stop me from cringing.

I'll hold off from calling it "cultural marxist" propaganda for the time being though.
Feb 9, 2017 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
Immahnoob said:
Bobby2Hands said:

SORRY BOBBY, DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?

No, no, no...nope...fuck no!
I refuse to believe this is anything but satire. If this isn't satire then...I don't even know what to say...this might be the most colossally stupid thing I have ever seen.

Have we really come to the point where art stops imitating life and life starts imitating art?

Fuck me, I'm done, the world is officially an Idiocracy, now if somebody would please pass me the bleach.
Feb 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
Kmolson said:
j0x said:

Hi, errr, actual Liberal here, hey...I don't think racism equals prejudice plus power. I just think racism means being biased against someone based solely on their race. You know blanket statements are bullshit right?
Feb 9, 2017 11:42 AM

Mar 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
I refuse to believe this is anything but satire. If this isn't satire then...I don't even know what to say...this might be the most colossally stupid thing I have ever seen.

Have we really come to the point where art stops initiating life and life starts imitating art?

Fuck me, I'm done, the world is officially an Idiocracy, now if somebody would please pass me the bleach.
Sadly not, judging from what I saw on our friend Justin's twitter. I also found this interview with him
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/dear-white-people/justin-simien-director-interview/
TL;DR A standard regressive. In other words, there's nothing particularly ground breaking about him, apart from the fact that he got a netflix deal.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 9, 2017 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Have we really come to the point where art stops initiating life and life starts imitating art?

Sadly not, judging from what I saw on our friend Justin's twitter. I also found this interview with him
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/dear-white-people/justin-simien-director-interview/
TL;DR A standard regressive. In other words, there's nothing particularly ground breaking about him, apart from the fact that he got a netflix deal.

Look I can see this going both ways. Either he's playing up a character to promote his show (I think the kids call that "viral marketing") or he's a genuinely racist piece of shit. I don't really wanna say which of these it is for sure just yet (nor do I really care) but that trailer...it really looked like satire.
Feb 9, 2017 11:52 AM

Mar 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Look I can see this going both ways. Either he's playing up a character to promote his show (I think the kids call that "viral marketing") or he's a genuinely racist piece of shit. I don't really wanna say which of these it is for sure just yet (nor do I really care) but that trailer...it really looked like satire.
I sincerely hope it's the first one because I'm getting real tired of this race baiting shit. It doesn't benefit anybody aside from the people who initiate it
Comic_SansFeb 9, 2017 12:03 PM
Nico- said:
Feb 9, 2017 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Looks interesting ,I'll check it out when it comes out. I hope every episode is posted on Youtube , the butthurt in the comments will be quite the entertainment.
Feb 9, 2017 12:32 PM

Feb 2016
Bobby2Hands said:

Yeah, I'm hoping that this is a satire, but something tells me it may not be.

Feb 9, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2010
Bobby2Hands said:
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho is the best president you will ever have.
Feb 9, 2017 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
Thrashinuva said:
Bobby2Hands said:
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho is the best president you will ever have.

Yeah but he won't be president until 2020

Feb 9, 2017 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
Obligatory

"Soros recently bought stakes in Netflix and this is all his doing"

post.
Feb 9, 2017 1:13 PM
Apr 2014
The playwright has some...interesting things to say about white people so I'm not expecting anything good to come out of this.
https://twitter.com/jackpmoore/status/796217116319883264?lang=en
Feb 9, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
Gholy said:
The playwright has some...interesting things to say about white people so I'm not expecting anything good to come out of this.
https://twitter.com/jackpmoore/status/796217116319883264?lang=en

I wonder if he feels white guilt.

Feb 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Oct 2014
gallivant said:
Pretty sure the original film was a satire on both sides. Trailer was obviously made vague to produce the reaction it's getting.
yeah but everyone will ignore the common sense post
Feb 9, 2017 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
mochakawaiibear said:
gallivant said:
Probably because the "common sense" post was neither common nor true.

I wonder, it's only 30+ posts with one liners and you can't even notice all the evidence shitting on your statement, how is that possible?

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Kmolson said:

Hi, errr, actual Liberal here, hey...I don't think racism equals prejudice plus power. I just think racism means being biased against someone based solely on their race. You know blanket statements are bullshit right?

When I say “liberals believe x or y”, I'm making a generalization. I never said all liberals think this way. No group of people agree 100% on everything, but I would argue that many liberals/progressives and especially SJWs, view racism as systemic and therefore can't be internalized in an individual without institutional power.

Another thing, just because you call yourself a liberals doesn't mean you speak for most liberals. Many liberals would disagree with your definition of racism. To be fair, if most Liberals think the same as you (in regards to their view of racism), then my generalization would technically be false, but I guess I wouldn’t know.
Feb 9, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
j0x said:
Immahnoob said:

hi
'racism' applyings both way
dunno where ur get dis definiton
but is definitly no form dictionary
!
Feb 9, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
Salvatia said:
j0x said:

hi
'racism' applyings both way
dunno where ur get dis definiton
but is definitly no form dictionary
!

ye its not from a dictionary but from white people teaching/saying it and shown in news

and i already agreed that its still racism
Feb 9, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
Kmolson said:
Bobby2Hands said:

When I say “liberals believe x or y”, I'm making a generalization. I never said all liberals think this way. No group of people agree 100% on everything, but I would argue that many liberals/progressives and especially SJWs, view racism as systemic and therefore can't be internalized in an individual without institutional power.

I know you are not necessarily saying "all liberals". But let me put it this way.
If I said "Christians believe homosexuals should be stoned to death" it would be a gross generalisation of Christians because most Christians don't believe homosexuals should be stoned to death.

It's the same thing when you say "liberals have a weird defeinition of racism; that is "prejudice" plus "power" equals "racism". It's just a generalisation and one that doesn't even represent the majority of the people you are talking about.
Feb 9, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
Bobby2Hands said:

I know you are not necessarily saying "all liberals". But let me put it this way.
If I said "Christians believe homosexuals should be stoned to death" it would be a gross generalisation of Christians because most Christians don't believe homosexuals should be stoned to death.

It's the same thing when you say "liberals have a weird defeinition of racism; that is "prejudice" plus "power" equals "racism". It's just a generalisation and one that doesn't even represent the majority of the people you are talking about.

Yeah, I see your point. The vast majority of Christians wouldn't want to be associated with the Westerbro Baptist Church, just as most Liberals wouldn't want to be compared to SJWs.
-Krouton-Feb 9, 2017 3:19 PM
Feb 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
Dear White People.
Nobody is going to hold your hand or pat you on the back.
If you want to survive, you gotta do it yourself.
Feb 9, 2017 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
Kmolson said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Another thing, just because you call yourself a liberals doesn't mean you speak for most liberals. Many liberals would disagree with your definition of racism. To be fair, if most Liberals think the same as you (in regards to their view of racism), then my generalization would technically be false, but I guess I wouldn’t know.

Except that when you make generalizations such as "most X believe Y" it seems much more credible if you actually provide some sort of statistics, otherwise, it just looks like you're speaking out of your ass, especially when there is someone literally providing a counter-example to what you claimed. Not to mention the statistical significance of that counterexample is pretty high given the likelihood of running into liberal people on here.

I know for a fact that there are some people out there who believe that re-defining racism as a combination of power and prejudice is a legitimate move, but colloquially speaking, this definition is far from mainstream, therefore, it's not a particularly useful definition.

Now, if you want to re-define words, that's fine, as long as we both know what we mean by the same word. Personally, I'd rather we invent new words rather than try to use slight of hand. But the problem is when people assume the uncommon definition and pretend like it's mainstream. It is not.

Hence, saying that black people cannot be racist will almost always illicit a negative reaction, as it should, because words have meanings, and racism is generally understood to be prejudice based on race.

Feb 9, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
I think everyone should really focus on relevancy in these type of discussions.
Does it matter if they're a majority or not if they shake shit up anyway?

See SJWs again. They're still relevant even now. They might not be every leftist, but they're a relevant minority from how shit developed these past few years.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
Well I've watched the movie of this a couple of years ago so I don't really remember it but I don't think it was a controversial movie. 2014 that is.

I actually thought the movie was quite funny but bitter at the same time, I remember enjoying it clearly.

So I think the series will be good as well. What's wrong with a bit of satire and parody of our current society.

People should just stop getting offended so easily.
Feb 9, 2017 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
Superpieguy said:
vansonbee said:
Pretty disgusting reverse racism against white people. I wish we get "DearblackPeople" video about them being strip down to their underwear and toss in the woods, for them to build their tribal society w/o western influences.

"Western Influences"

Western societies only developed through slavery and indentured servitude. Without those, they would never have flourished, bud. Peasant class struggled forever.
Will you agree, that white people are more beneficial to blacks, then vice versa? I mean if Americans left them alone, they be still chucking spears at animals across the desert of Africa. Instead of enjoying fresh KFC chicken down MLK street.
Feb 9, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2016
I really have no time for this "reverse racism" mess but yikes at the comment section on this trailer and yikes at the backlash it's been receiving. I think this is supposed to be a comedy series I've heard but does it really matter? Whatever this project is/was trying to accomplish...if this criticism is anything to go by, I feel this is going to do more harm than good.

It took all of 34 seconds for people to get insanely triggered. I don't believe in the saying that black people can't be racist, like of course they can. I've for sure seen it. Anyone can be racist towards any other race. But if this is what "racial discrimination" looks and feels like to some people, well I'd just love to live inside whatever bubble they're in.

This is so messy.
NanoRinFeb 9, 2017 4:28 PM

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Feb 9, 2017 4:35 PM

Jul 2015
@Superpieguy The peasant class is still struggling, but they're too busy sucking their billionaire lords and hating anyone that is poorer than them to notice.
Feb 9, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2014
Immahnoob said:
mochakawaiibear said:

I wonder, it's only 30+ posts with one liners and you can't even notice all the evidence shitting on your statement, how is that possible?
You have no clue what you're talking about
Feb 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
mochakawaiibear said:
Immahnoob said:

You have no clue what you're talking about
"I don't have any evidence but I must scream!" - mochakawaiibear

Autocrat said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.