Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 3, 2017 7:11 PM

Aug 2015
Disappointed they left out a few things from the volume, but it's been a good adaptation so far. My favourite part is going to be adapted next episode though!
Feb 3, 2017 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
Hilarious. Loving this season, saggy tits and all.
Feb 3, 2017 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
Just as a "color" commentary. One of the reasons why the 3 did not recognize Darkness is because when she is in "noble mood" her speech completely changes. It's one of those "Japanese" things that does not translate well into English.
Feb 3, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2014
oh my god i think ive rewatched most of this episode like 10 times since wednesday so many hilarious parts. though easily my fav is the water spray into darkness' terribly animated face and the gurgling. i see a lot of people complaining about the animation but i think it makes the show that much funnier and gives this show its own charm. ive also kind of realized kazuma is a better shinpachi from gintama in that his deadpan explanations of things is so well executed his VA is god tier
Feb 3, 2017 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
The art this season hasn't been very good, but this episode's art was just downright bad. It's so bad, that it's actually funny (particularly the part where Darkness is splashed with water)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 3, 2017 10:24 PM
Jan 2014
Honestly, saggy boobs director (Kikuta, was it?) should make his animation a bit more better, like Season 1 (not counting OVA and EP9). At this rate, even I'm starting to feel offended.
I admit though, his eps seem the funniest. Is there a difference in writer in this ep too?

Back to the episode...
Darkness ep. I'm one of the few who prefers her over Megumin (On Kazuma's affection, well before a certain character's introduction at Volume 6).
(Truth be told, the only reason I don't like Megumin that much compared to the rest is because of her being overrated and if you read the LN, how many volumes does she have where she's the central heroine Vol 2, 5, 9, and someone told me vol 12? Not sure someone verify. Aqua has 1, Darkness 2, Eris 1, Wiz is important to Aqua's and a sidestory. Yunyun... she's a part of Megumin's story but is her own character. Someone verify if she has a volume for herself)

on the ep... They changed Darkness clothes apparently (based on the comments).
Darkness is to marry a gentleman and attempts to sabotage her own marriage interview
Papa Darkness is a nice fellow. Hope we see more of him
Aqua maid outfit is cute. Fish calling skill was random, awkward but somewhat badass and definitely useful (since they're broke).
Sena comes back and we have trouble (That's what you get for leaving it all to Megumin)
Darkness on her preference of men (the OST while she was explaining that was nice) sounds 100% Kazuma, Scumzuma, Kazutrash
New OST for masochistic Darkness or extended of old one?
Darkness starts to feel... something for Kazuma. "Bishounifying" him

Next ep...
If there's no one happy, is it really a victory?
- Kuroko Tetsuya
Feb 3, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
glad to have darkness back, my mans kazuma made a big mistake letting megumin solve the problem on her own though lol

definitely wasnt expecting darkness to lie like that
Feb 3, 2017 11:18 PM

Dec 2009
Oh good LOL darkness is back... The comedy quattro just isn't the same without her.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 4, 2017 12:24 AM

Sep 2010
Goku said:
This episode was pretty insane, the good kind though. :D

Just had to make this gif x.x

Poorly supported breasts, but properly supported stockings. O.O
I guess I wasn't the only one paying more attention to her stockings than her boobs.

Also, anyone else think Darkness looks like she _came_ before she collapsed on the floor?
Feb 4, 2017 6:10 AM

Nov 2012
Konosuba on its 'bare' glory.

I wonder if this particular guy asked to be the only one who handle episodes with Darkness in it.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Feb 4, 2017 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
Hilarious episode.
But nooooooo~ I don't want my darkness to end up with some fat or scrawny guy! Why she wanna wish that for herself T_T

Kazuma's really Kazutrash. Which MC even wants to kick their female companions out of the party lmao. He should be striving for harem instead. But after this episode, I don't think I respect this guy anymore.
Feb 4, 2017 2:10 PM

Jun 2015
Okay, I knew Darkness wasn't exactly right in the head, but I didn't know she was THAT batshit crazy.
Feb 5, 2017 6:04 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was very lewd >/////<

Set by SenpieX
Feb 5, 2017 8:00 AM

Jan 2016
Nice to see Darkness again, even though I'm kind of starting to realize that I liked S1 more. Kazuma's role as butler was actually competent compared to Aqua; sell that scarf! Darkness' fight with Kazuma was also hilarious. However, I found out that the main reason I love this show (as well as S1 to a lesser extent) was Kazuma due to how burdoned and sane he is compared to everyone else.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Feb 5, 2017 9:29 AM
Nov 2016
This ep took what we already know about Kazuma and Darkness and cranked it up.
Kazuma really is a backstabbing piece of shit.
And Darkness is beyond perverted.
Feb 5, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Goddamn, dat oppai upgrade. Sum delish service we got this ep. LMAO grandchild.
OppaiSugoiFeb 5, 2017 1:26 PM
Feb 6, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
wtf I love darkness now.
Darkness really shined this ep.

glassknuckles said:
Can some one explain what's meant by saggy boobs in this thread? Too big? Too floppy?
I must be a breast pleb...

heh, dat pimp hat.

Too floppy, think of grandma boobs they have no tightness so they sag
Feb 6, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Very funny as usual, but I'm disappointed by the animation in this episode. The 2-3 were better.
Darkness's boobs are too big ><
Feb 7, 2017 4:30 AM
Jul 2012
Oh man, we finally get the Darkness episode. Gotta say, after watching this one I have a lot more respect for her, she's actually rather conniving and smart, countering Kazuma at every corner like that, her 'Hee-hees' and Kazuma's reactions fucking killed me haha. Hope we get more of them!

At the start it actually took me a second or two to be like: Wait what? Is that Darkness?!?! So I can't blame Kazuma there like a couple others seem too. Neither the audience nor Kazuma has ever seen her properly dressed up and noble in the series yet after all. Though I wonder why they can't use Darkness' family's wealth to help them get even a little bit out of debt? Darkness' dad seems to be quite a fan of the group, thankful for them for befriending his daughter like they have and, lmao, him finally being a 'grandfather.' Wonder if Aqua will really go around telling everyone at the guild Kazuma got Darkness 'pregnant' haha. What a play by Darkness! Wonder if that will be a running gag too?

I fucking love when this series does those random cut away scenes to the other party members doing random things, what with Megumin practicing her spell with the cat last episode as Kazuma and Aqua adventured, and Aqua's trick with the fishes this one while Kazuma and Darkness talk. That Kazuma reaction was priceless, how the hell do they starve? I'm sure he was thinking the same thing.

Holy hell. That Darkness hyper masochist mode (HMM) in her fight versus Kazuma was terrifying and hilarious. I was surprised at her actual brute strength, I knew she was strong, but damn! She should switch her class to a monk or some type of fist fighter, maybe then she'd hit something! I hope we see more of her in that hyper mode like that, which is several steps above her usual perverseness, its too good. Lol at Aqua cheering her on to beat Kazuma.

But what was that in the middle of their fight? Seemed she got rather sadistic as she was breaking Kazuma's arms and with wanting him to kneel before her if he lost? For an extreme masochist, that struck me as odd. Sure she still ended up losing due to her masochistic tendencies, and Kazuma's verbal threats, but still seemed out of her character? Suppose the argument is she was way too worked up in masochist mode or something? Or perhaps she maybe does secretly have a sadistic side? It was mentioned near the beginning and in the end note that she literally and physically slaps her father around to get her way? Were these hints of some sort? Again, seems rather out of character for such a masochist, but I'd be curious if she turns into a sadist at some 'breaking' points, like in this episode or with some other trigger, or if it was even a secret facet of her personality. Would certainly be hilarious seeing her take charge and be abusive for once, not to mention quite surprising. It would also serve as a way switch the humor up and break away from her masochist jokes all the time, not like I mind though.

Any LN readers have more insight at these possible hints? Or am I likely thinking too hard about this?

All in all, fantastic episode, Kazuma is such scum, but I love him for his scumbaggery. Cunning of him trying to get rid of her like that, but can't blame him for actually wanting to survive and try to get a more useful party member. Pretty sure he feels the same way about Aqua and Megumin as well. After all, who wouldn't want to try to survive by one, taking party members who were more useful by getting rid of useless ones and two, finding members who don't blow all their hard earned gold on booze and feasts every night and always making things harder for them haha. Though he is certainly to blame for several things himself. Still, I love all their interactions way too much, Konosuba really has some of the best character interactions with each other, none ever really feel overshadowed or underutilized, at least among the main 4, save for their respective episodes. Several anime could take a few lessons from Konosuba on how to make character interactions relevant, proper and equal, as opposed to focusing on two main characters, when a couple others are listed as main characters and introduced as such, but have little to no impact considering they're 'main characters.'

Regardless, I can't wait for the rest of the episode this season. Always a blast!
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Feb 7, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always
And as always, poor Kazuma
Feb 8, 2017 4:26 PM
May 2016
Is it just me, or do the breasts in Konosuba bounce and sag at un-anime like levels?
Feb 9, 2017 3:51 PM

Mar 2016
Maybe the most hilarious episode so far. I had good laughs all the way through. Glad they made an episode focusing soley on Darkness, she deserves some screentime.

Also I actually (& surprisingly) didn't mind Kikuta's art too much this episode.
Feb 9, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2016
glassknuckles said:
Can some one explain what's meant by saggy boobs in this thread? Too big? Too floppy?
I must be a breast pleb...

heh, dat pimp hat.

it's supposed to be a joke lol
Feb 10, 2017 1:55 AM
Dec 2015
Z4k said:
DarklordVor said:
Let the "let's blame DEEN" instead of Kikuta complaining begin. Or people defending this by saying that it is actually a very smart and artistic scene, using 1 out of 12 animation basic principle. Yeah... no... please don't... visual doesn't really add comedic value, but the voice acting and materials does. Seriously, Tanaka and Ebara made good quality episode 2 and 3, but they're still very enjoyable and funny to watch too.

Mate you seriously need to get over your obsession over Kikuta and his style. Not many people had any issue with his style this episode so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

Not many people had any issue with his style this episode?
Maybe.
But, what does it have to do with his purpose (or what he is trying to achieve here)???
Feb 10, 2017 2:36 AM

Apr 2014
smoct_ai said:
Z4k said:

Mate you seriously need to get over your obsession over Kikuta and his style. Not many people had any issue with his style this episode so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

Maybe.
But, what does it have to do with his purpose (or what he is trying to achieve here)???

What? 15characterlimit
Feb 10, 2017 3:36 AM
Dec 2015
Z4k said:
smoct_ai said:

Maybe.

What? 15characterlimit

ok. Let me try another way.

1) Not many people had any issue with his style this episode
2) I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here

You think there is some connection between 1) and 2).

More specifically, you seem to think 1) is a reason for 2), considering that you used "so" between 2 sentences.

Right?

But I dont get it. How can 1) be a reason for 2) ???

They seem to have nothing to do with one other.

Maybe, do you assume that he was trying to change other people's opinion of Kikuta style?
Feb 10, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
smoct_ai said:
Z4k said:

What? 15characterlimit

ok. Let me try another way.

1) Not many people had any issue with his style this episode
2) I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here

You think there is some connection between 1) and 2).

More specifically, you seem to think 1) is a reason for 2), considering that you used "so" between 2 sentences.

Right?

But I dont get it. How can 1) be a reason for 2) ???

They seem to have nothing to do with one other.

Maybe, do you assume that he was trying to change other people's opinion of Kikuta style?

Did you read the rest of his and my posts after that? If not then, Go ahead. You'll get your answer there.
Feb 11, 2017 8:07 AM
Jul 2016
Darkness is hot as all hell, but those breasts are a little too much.
Feb 11, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2009
Goku said:
This episode was pretty insane, the good kind though. :D

Just had to make this gif x.x

This really needs sound to work properly https://files.catbox.moe/lbsb75.webm
Feb 12, 2017 6:02 AM

May 2016
I didn't notice whats going on in this episode cuz i was looking at Darkness boobs and ass LUL
Feb 12, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2008
Another totally hilarious episode
Darkness' boobs is erotically overflowing!
5/5.

Feb 13, 2017 3:07 AM
Jan 2012
By far the best episode of season 2 yet
Feb 16, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Lalatina, missed it a lot in history, but has been able to forgive you for this. Really funny and irreverent as usual the anime series. Drawings of a ugliness almost original, the rest is always great.
Feb 16, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2010
I also find it weird that Kazuma and Aqua were holding hands...
Feb 19, 2017 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
I'm in love with Darkness.
Feb 19, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
Darkness have some serious issue for sure...if she was not in the anime it would be better....
Feb 19, 2017 7:18 PM
Dec 2009
Glad to see Darkness back but I still don't find the humor surrounding her that funny (same as last season). Just seems overdone and repeated over and over again.
Feb 23, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
I love Darkness' masochism. Yes it's slightly repetitive and not that funny, but that makes her feel like a more genuine character. I love her more manipulative side, it's so awesome.

I hardly noticed the excessive boobage until I came here. Don't see why people care so much about it, they're just boobs y'know. It's not like you're gonna fap to this crap.

LN Darkness looks really cute though. Kinda wish anime Darkness looked the same.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Feb 24, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2011
Does this episode show Darkness likes Kazuma?
Feb 24, 2017 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
Magito said:
Does this episode show Darkness likes Kazuma?

She just likes being abused and nobody does that better than Kazuma.
Feb 26, 2017 3:00 PM
Apr 2014
omg xD Kazuma is the best. So sneaky to distract Megumin while he tries to get rid of one of the burdens of his adventuring :D

I don't even know if I'd like it better if he succeeds or not. He is trying so hard but we might lose Darkness.

I guess he isn't good enough to make Darkness look like a proper lady. She uses any chance to fight it. No shame at all.

damn... it's insane what Kazuma has to deal with xD
Feb 27, 2017 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
A Super Funny Episode!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2017 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
Lalatina... giggle giggle...

Darkness is messed up.

Two episodes without Megumin... what's up with that?...
Mar 15, 2017 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
Am I the only person who doesn't mind the art at all?
Mar 18, 2017 5:08 PM

May 2012
This series is hilarious xD epic episode I must say, really love Darkness and her being an M! Pretty great episode, let's see what's next.
Mar 25, 2017 2:02 AM

Mar 2015
Lel another great episode, Darkness was hella hot though damn
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 26, 2017 2:17 PM

May 2011
LOL!!!! This episode was freaking gold, I couldn't stop laughing xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 5:29 AM

Nov 2015
Can someone summarize what happened in this episode?
My eyes were totally focusing on dem boobs.

4/5
Apr 12, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap this episode was hilarious XD Good to see Darkness back, and dang she definitely likes teasing Kazuma huh ... her description of her "ideal man" sounded pretty close to what he is XD That battle scene though ... oh man lol. Looks like they had to make up for 3 episodes without her so her episode three times as hilarious LOL XD
May 6, 2017 9:59 PM

May 2015
Episode 4 and still can't stop laughing. Konosuba never fails to make me laugh out loud after midnight ^_^

That moment when you realize Darkness's description about what she wants in a man fits Kazuma perfectly. I love how Lalatina is a perv and Kazuma has some of the realistic reaction(?) [Kazuma's many faces, my sides XD], I would have reacted that way.

On a side note:
They're not going to clear that debt for quite a while, are they? (ʃƪˆ▿ˆ)
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

340 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 22, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

188 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.