Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm that was battle was okay. I was expecting more though...

Getting a bit annoyed by Chizuru tbh, she just runs her mouth over and over. I think she really wants to prove something with her partner Hayate. Not sure how I feel about Chizuru and Hayate becoming guardians for Koyori and Masaru. At least they're not enemies.
Stark700Jan 31, 2017 10:30 AM
Jan 31, 2017 10:50 AM

Jun 2015
I sure enjoyed the 15 minutes of Dagger and Other Dagger talking endlessly and making the same jokes they've been making for the last two or three episodes.

IDK what everyone's problem with this show is, that's A+ character development.
Jan 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
The battle was decent. Chizuru was annoying by her constant talking and Hayate almost got them killed. They are now guardians for Koyori and Masaru.
Jan 31, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
hm bad episode imo and actually I'm not particularly critical...

2 things have happened, Tazuna has won the fight and we now know how the fights are triggered.

but most of the time doesn't make sense to me.

I think I have also rarely seen series in which the dialogues are as strangely written as here.
For Example: Blade and Dagger can still "reach everything"? I think they are out ??? And are they now friends or enemies?
Jan 31, 2017 11:43 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus Christ, what happened to this show? Is the budget that horrible or did they think this was actually presentable? The battle animation was easily some of the worst I've seen, comparable to Musashi Gundoh. There were even frame drops in anime lmao, and even "glitches". Did Ubisoft make this?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 31, 2017 11:46 AM

May 2013
This show sucks so many bags of dicks. I'm glad it was made.

Jan 31, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2012
Decent episode. The conclusion to the battle was a bit disappointing since we didn't see the final blow, but whatever. I honestly don't care about the battles with how similar the style is to K, and how much I had already disliked the choreography and battles in there as well. I'll admit there were a few scenes I found to be cool though, like when Tazuna was evading and fending off the clones for a bit through the trees.

I seem to be the only one so far who likes Chizuru and Hayate in thread atm lol They're kinda an entertaining duo to watch. Also glad they'll probably be regulars in the anime now since they're gonna act as Koyori and Tazuna's guardians. Also got more info on how Ziggurat works and why the hand shakers have these code names, so it makes more sense. Wonder why the doctor didn't reveal that info though, he's even more suspicious now.

I'm guessing next episode will further develop Koyori from where this episode left off.

ZetaZaku said:
Jesus Christ, what happened to this show? Is the budget that horrible or did they think this was actually presentable? The battle animation was easily some of the worst I've seen, comparable to Musashi Gundoh. There were even frame drops in anime lmao, and even "glitches". Did Ubisoft make this?

LOL The Matrix: The Anime

Jan 31, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2013
> I seem to be the only one so far who likes Chizuru and Hayate in thread atm lol They're kinda an entertaining duo to watch.

My visit to the dentist today was more entertaining than watching those two.

Jan 31, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2012
Ventris said:
> I seem to be the only one so far who likes Chizuru and Hayate in thread atm lol They're kinda an entertaining duo to watch.

Noice, dentist visits are always fun

Jan 31, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2013
Olem said:
Ventris said:

Noice, dentist visits are always fun

Don't remind me :/

Jan 31, 2017 12:20 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't like this episode. The battle was ok but the rest of the episode was just boring.
Jan 31, 2017 12:52 PM
Mar 2016
Eventhough Koyori provides the power, she is still death weight for Tazuna
Jan 31, 2017 12:54 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was kinda boring compared to the 3 first episodes...
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 31, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like Koyori was trying to say something at the end. I wonder what she wanted to say though...

For the battle, it had some good OST and the background visuals looked nice, but once again, the animation was messy, clunky and it was making the fight feel dull.

Chizuru and Hayate, despite their constant shouting from the former and the gazillion apologies from the latter, are amusing, so having them around for more screentime and Tazuna and Koyori's guardians is a welcome boost.

I can't help but suspect the doctor even more than I've done in previous episodes now. It's too early to jump to conclusions, but the hints are there alright. =/
Jan 31, 2017 2:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is nothing but a fucking hate train, this show is no where near as bad as people are making it out today

FINALLY, BIG TITTIES GIRL NEXT EPISODE

although, Loli woman best character so far xD
Jan 31, 2017 2:32 PM

Aug 2015
Ah.... a fight at last! ^_^
The fight was very dynamic and we feel a real willingness to win in both couples (except Koyori who has no feelings). Tazuna looks more competent and wishes to protect Koyori.
Eventually the fight was fairly short and Tazuna was victorious. (With Koyori, we mustn't forget it)

We learn more about the Hand Shakers system and how to enter the Ziggurat. Our teacher was really useless, which Chizuru doesn't fail to point out.

Chizuru decides to ally herself with Tazuna (and Koyori) to support them. I'm a little reassured because they aren't enemies. All's well that ends well! :)

Chizuru is very frustrated (a bit like me who writes now) because she lost the fight but she's very mature and doesn't show in front of Tazuna (and Koyori !!).

In any case Hayate and Chizuru form a very nice duo and I hope they'll prove themselves in the future.

The OST is really beautiful. I'd really like to listen to the soundtrack.

Anyway that will be all for this episode.

1/5
TuyNOMJan 31, 2017 2:38 PM
Jan 31, 2017 2:38 PM

Dec 2014
You know what doesn't mesh? The animation during that fight. The 3DCG looked so off it was like the characters were hovering over the ground.

Also the whole conversation between loli and verbal tic dude felt incredibly pointless. They may have shed some tears here and there and made grand statements, but how will that be relevant to the plot in the future?

Despite all this, it's not a terrible ep. Imma bump this up to a 4/10 watching rating for now as nothing was as bad as the first ep.
I need sleep.
Jan 31, 2017 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
ZetaZaku said:
Did Ubisoft make this?

Laughing hard here xD
Jan 31, 2017 3:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Battle was a bit underwhelming but at least it looked good
Jan 31, 2017 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Well, the fight was alright despite all the animation problems... I should take my hat off to GoHands for making another show where I feel absolutely nothing towards the characters.
Jan 31, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Not that I'm trying to defend them. But I don't see it nearly as bad you do here. While his uniform does change from a darker to lighter tone, it's because he's turning and going near the sun and not the shaded part he's in. That's just my take on it, but yeah, it's just you and your video for seeing it that poorly. Nothing like that on my DLed one.

Edit: Didn't see the guy disappearing near the end.
TyrelJan 31, 2017 11:07 PM
Jan 31, 2017 5:09 PM

Aug 2015
Tyrel said:
ZetaZaku said:
Not that I'm trying to defend them. But I don't see it nearly as bad you do here. While his uniform does change from a darker to lighter tone, it's because he's turning and going near the sun and not the shaded part he's in. That's just my take on it, but yeah, it's just you and your video for seeing it that poorly. Nothing like that on my DLed one.
I think they're pointing out the guy on the right left disappearing which does actually happen and is not a problem with the gif. It happens at the 11:25 mark of the episode.
_Kairu_Feb 1, 2017 3:57 PM
Jan 31, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2016
I was very impressed with Tazana during the battle, I didn't think he would be able to take on those 2 by himself, I was

I was expecting Koyori to awaken or do something to help him get the victory.

At least they have a couple of allies because of that fight, regardless of how annoying Chizuru is.
Jan 31, 2017 6:09 PM

Sep 2015
I seriously thought Dagger and Blade were gonna get killed by someone while driving. It just felt like a death flag for some reason.
Jan 31, 2017 6:49 PM

Oct 2016
I dont know how and why tazuna fight iike he was a pro hand shakers(MC-thingy) but damn that fight scene was awesome..I still like that loili-senpai and her partner thou .. welp koyori's mysteriousness might change my opinion on this anime (like he was his sister all along loool) , coz i dont really get what's happening to tazuna he was fighting to protect koyori bcoz his sister died eventhough he did'nt know shit about koyori .. yeah yeah ..
Jan 31, 2017 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
I feel bad for shadow dagger and blade shadow
Jan 31, 2017 8:24 PM

Oct 2016
I guess this episode was ok. I was glad that Chizuru and Hayate were good people in the end and wanted to help Tazuna and Koyuri. Music was good, as always. Animation was cringey, also as always. Maybe I shouldn't have been eating when I watched the fight scene.
Jan 31, 2017 8:26 PM

Oct 2016
_Kairu_ said:
Tyrel said:
I think they're pointing out the guy on the right disappearing which does actually happen and is not a problem with the gif. It happens at the 11:25 mark of the episode.

You mean the guy on the left, not the right, but yeah, I agree. That guy just disappears into thin air.
Jan 31, 2017 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
I guess im still in the minority that enjoys this, im very intrigued to see where Koyori's character goes.
Jan 31, 2017 11:06 PM

Sep 2011
_Kairu_ said:
Tyrel said:
I think they're pointing out the guy on the right disappearing which does actually happen and is not a problem with the gif. It happens at the 11:25 mark of the episode.
Wow. I didn't even notice that.
Feb 1, 2017 12:11 AM

Apr 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
this is nothing but a fucking hate train, this show is no where near as bad as people are making it out today

But can you really blame those people for hating this show?

There's this thing called first impression, and once it sets in it's very hard to change it. This is the reason why, at least I believe, the first episode of a show is most important.

Personally, I like what I see in this show overall so far, despite its many problems, therefore I'm going to keep watching it. That being said, I almost ended up with same hateful opinion when I saw the first episode.

When I first watched it, I had no idea what the heck was happening on my screen, especially the first few minutes. The font was a mess, the animation was a mess, the backgrounds were too saturated, the colors were all over the place, and I couldn't tell where the characters were and what the heck they were doing. My eyes just felt like bleeding, lol.

However, I like to think that I can be a lenient (lolwut?) person, so I decided to give it another chance and re-watched it few more times. As my eyes adjusted, I finally realized what was going on. I actually agree with you that the show is actually not as bad as many people claim to be.

However, you can't expect such level of leniency from most other people. If something bothers them at the first meeting, it's bound to stay that way unless a miracle happens. Let's face it... no miracle happened with this show yet, and may never will.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 1, 2017 2:08 AM
Jun 2016
ZetaZaku said:

Can you do any better??
Feb 1, 2017 2:11 AM
Jun 2016
Wait... I'm confuse.
I though if the main hand shaker got hurt to the point they can't get up. They are out.
But in this fight/ episode Hayate got hurt and they are out?
So does that mean it could either of pair get hurt or did they just forfeit?? Jezz.... That's tough.

I'm glad we learn more of the ziggurat world and how does it activate.

Looking at Chizuru and Hayate crying that they loss the match and is one step away from meeting god is a great character development that they really want to challenge god and make their wish come true. With that Tazuna hand shakers name is Single gear. Not gonna lie that name sound great.

Is Koyori gonna speak?? I hope so!!!

I was impress with Tazuna is able to take those 2 down by himself
Feb 1, 2017 2:13 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
Ah.... a fight at last! ^_^
The fight was very dynamic and we feel a real willingness to win in both couples (except Koyori who has no feelings). Tazuna looks more competent and wishes to protect Koyori.
Eventually the fight was fairly short and Tazuna was victorious. (With Koyori, we mustn't forget it)

We learn more about the Hand Shakers system and how to enter the Ziggurat. Our teacher was really useless, which Chizuru doesn't fail to point out.

Chizuru decides to ally herself with Tazuna (and Koyori) to support them. I'm a little reassured because they aren't enemies. All's well that ends well! :)

Chizuru is very frustrated (a bit like me who writes now) because she lost the fight but she's very mature and doesn't show in front of Tazuna (and Koyori !!).

In any case Hayate and Chizuru form a very nice duo and I hope they'll prove themselves in the future.

The OST is really beautiful. I'd really like to listen to the soundtrack.

Anyway that will be all for this episode.

1/5

Wait so much praise but only a 1/5. Why??
Feb 1, 2017 3:12 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:

I only described the episode, I didn't appreciate it. ^^
The characters are boring and superficial. They are .... so classic!
Moreover the universe is incomprehensible, be it the Ziggurat, the Hand Shakers system, everything is so confused.
And the point that bothers me the most: why the Hand Shakers clash? For the Tower of Babel? And so?

I watch the series because I see it as a comedy, that's all.

The only positive: the soundtrack. (Not the OP and the ED which are awful to see)
Feb 1, 2017 5:21 AM

Sep 2016
Not a bad episode. Next episode looks like it's gonna get interesting though. I do hope we have a 3-way fight in the future. That be cool. I'm curious though, what made Tazuna strong exactly? Is it the bond or something else?
Feb 1, 2017 6:07 AM

Jul 2012
Vegetable-chan almost let go of MC's hand :o

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Feb 1, 2017 6:45 AM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

I only described the episode, I didn't appreciate it. ^^
The characters are boring and superficial. They are .... so classic!
Moreover the universe is incomprehensible, be it the Ziggurat, the Hand Shakers system, everything is so confused.
And the point that bothers me the most: why the Hand Shakers clash? For the Tower of Babel? And so?

I watch the series because I see it as a comedy, that's all.

The only positive: the soundtrack. (Not the OP and the ED which are awful to see)

But we finally got a valid reason why a character is an actual loli FOR ONCE.
Well at least they are better than the characters in most other anime that aired last year. Am I right?? Yuri on ice??

Is not that confusing. If you focus hard enough is actually very easy to understand.
Sure there will be some unanswer question since we only have 4 episodes out
Feb 1, 2017 6:45 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
venn2009 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

There's this thing called first impression, and once it sets in it's very hard to change it. This is the reason why, at least I believe, the first episode of a show is most important.

Personally, I like what I see in this show overall so far, despite its many problems, therefore I'm going to keep watching it. That being said, I almost ended up with same hateful opinion when I saw the first episode.

When I first watched it, I had no idea what the heck was happening on my screen, especially the first few minutes. The font was a mess, the animation was a mess, the backgrounds were too saturated, the colors were all over the place, and I couldn't tell where the characters were and what the heck they were doing. My eyes just felt like bleeding, lol.

However, I like to think that I can be a lenient (lolwut?) person, so I decided to give it another chance and re-watched it few more times. As my eyes adjusted, I finally realized what was going on. I actually agree with you that the show is actually not as bad as many people claim to be.

However, you can't expect such level of leniency from most other people. If something bothers them at the first meeting, it's bound to stay that way unless a miracle happens. Let's face it... no miracle happened with this show yet, and may never will.

are you honestly going to tell me that a fuck ton of people didn't give the show a low score just because they saw that lots of other ppl were doing it? -____-
Feb 1, 2017 7:18 AM

Mar 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
venn2009 said:

are you honestly going to tell me that a fuck ton of people didn't give the show a low score just because they saw that lots of other ppl were doing it? -____-

Each one have his own opinion, it's true that many people do what other did, but well, many of us just hate this anime because... GOD IT'S REALLY BAD... xD
Feb 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Aug 2015
88expert said:

But we finally got a valid reason why a character is an actual loli FOR ONCE.
Well at least they are better than the characters in most other anime that aired last year. Am I right?? Yuri on ice??

Is not that confusing. If you focus hard enough is actually very easy to understand.
Sure there will be some unanswer question since we only have 4 episodes out

The series isn't difficult to follow but the scenes are badly organized and the explanations are confused since the writers don't know themselves how their series will evolve. xD
What is Ziggurat? Why such a name? (It's pretentious)
Why do the characters confront each other? Have they a aim except the tower of Babel? Tazuna isn't interested in this battle. He just became a Hand Shaker by meeting Koyori randomly. (Because it's easier for writers)

Koyori is terribly boring and I find the explanation regarding her past is very imprecise and I don't expect anything exceptional, anyway.

Yes I prefer the characters from Yuri !! On Ice. At least they made me laugh (even if the humor of the series didn't interest me)
Feb 1, 2017 7:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OnegaiAnime said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Each one have his own opinion, it's true that many people do what other did, but well, many of us just hate this anime because... GOD IT'S REALLY BAD... xD

its hard for me to actually believe this many people just unanimously agree the anime is terrible
Feb 1, 2017 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
OnegaiAnime said:

its hard for me to actually believe this many people just unanimously agree the anime is terrible

Well, if you like Hand Shakers just enjoy it.
Feb 1, 2017 7:57 AM
Jul 2015
MozillaFennekin said:
I sure enjoyed the 15 minutes of Dagger and Other Dagger talking endlessly and making the same jokes they've been making for the last two or three episodes.

This.
People who hate on this show are a mystery to me. Their logic and reasoning baffles me.
Animation is fluid, beautiful, and is proof of how a large budget that is used well can change an anime to the better.
Characters are multi-layered and deep. Many questions arise about their history, motives, and personality. I'm incredibly invested in all of them.
And finally the story. The amount of effort that was spent crafting this incredibly captivating story amazes me. A testament of how devotion for something one loves deeply can create an art piece of everlasting beauty. Kudos to the team behind this.
Unfortunately, Hand Shakers will not win the AOTS or AOTY title IT DESERVES because of these haters giving it a blasphemous score of 5, or god forbid, less.
Feb 1, 2017 8:00 AM

Aug 2014
88expert said:
ZetaZaku said:

Can you do any better??

Is he/she being paid to produce a 3D CG anime with a mixture of 2D too? If they aren't then it shouldn't matter if he can do better or not
Get your shit straight Brenda
Feb 1, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
Gyappu said:
MozillaFennekin said:

This.
People who hate on this show are a mystery to me. Their logic and reasoning baffles me.
Animation is fluid, beautiful, and is proof of how a large budget that is used well can change an anime to the better.
Characters are multi-layered and deep. Many questions arise about their history, motives, and personality. I'm incredibly invested in all of them.
And finally the story. The amount of effort that was spent crafting this incredibly captivating story amazes me. A testament of how devotion for something one loves deeply can create an art piece of everlasting beauty. Kudos to the team behind this.
Unfortunately, Hand Shakers will not win the AOTS or AOTY title IT DESERVES because of these haters giving it a blasphemous score of 5, or god forbid, less.

You.
I like you.
You can stay.
Feb 1, 2017 8:15 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OnegaiAnime said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Well, if you like Hand Shakers just enjoy it.

Yea because thats not what im doing lol xD

its just annoying constantly seeing people shit talk
Feb 1, 2017 9:34 AM

Jan 2015
Well at least Hayate got noticed by his "senpai". Aaww. :3
And Tazuna learn another how-to of start a battle against Hand Shakers, and got Hand Shakers name too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 1, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
OnegaiAnime said:

But that's what happened. You don't have to take it personally.

Feb 1, 2017 9:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Ventris said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

But that's what happened. You don't have to take it personally.

one thing people learn about me is that i HATE hate trains, they just seem so fake, its like the people who still aren't shutting up about SAO till this day :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.