Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 142 143 [144] 145 146 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2017 6:25 PM

Apr 2017
slurpeee said:
So I posted this earlier (like awhile earlier) but can I get some suggestions for the suggestion challenge?

Looking for something short so from 1-13 episodes pls!

Thx a lot for your suggestion, I’ll see one of them in the next days ^^

Some random anime:
Clockwork Planet
Youjo Senki
Gamers
Aoharu x Kikanjuu

All of them are pretty good, maybe you will enjoy one of them :)
Bye
este227Dec 2, 2017 2:00 AM
Dec 1, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
TuyNOM said:
PrOxAnto said:
I'm not going to be able to finish the challenge according to my rules but at least I managed to find some new favourites that I normally wouldn't have watched!

AWC is still my favourite challenge on MAL though =)

Glad you could discover new anime. You are right (and this is also one of the goals of the anime challenge), sometimes we have prejudices about certain genres or series but finally, once we have finished, we realize that was really a great find. It doesn't matter that you can not finish the challenge but did you start it very late?

Nah I started from the start of 2017, it's just that my own personal rules were to finish everything related to the anime I put up for every challenge.
Also no sequels, prequels for a single challenge either.

For the last 19 challenges for example I would have to watch around 200 hours of anime ^^

Fullmetal Alchemist also took a fair amount of time, took me 2 months to finish both seasons (despite it only being 40 hours in total)
I recently finished Warehouse 13 (which is about 48 hours) and it only took me a week, it's just become harder for me to keep watching anime episodes, where as regular shows it's become easier ^^

Anyway, I dont mind, I've only finished the 2016 challenge and that was just barely since I finished 2 shows on the final day =D
Dec 1, 2017 6:58 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@este227 @slurpeee please don't double post, just edit your last reply. Thanks~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 2, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
For #17: Watch an anime which began airing BETWEEN 1990 and 1999
Can I watch something that aired in 1999 like this one?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/841/Colorful
Dec 2, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
DawooD1994 said:
For #17: Watch an anime which began airing BETWEEN 1990 and 1999
Can I watch something that aired in 1999 like this one?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/841/Colorful

Of course !

Good luck ;)

Dec 2, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
TuyNOM said:

Of course !

Good luck ;)

Thank you for the fast reply :3

Dec 3, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2011
Hey there i need a anime recommendation. =)
If possible i would like a movie rec... (or a short anime 11-12 eps)
Some of my favourite genres: Slice of Life, Romance, Action, Supernatural, Drama, etc...
Dec 3, 2017 1:02 PM
Mar 2014
This may be a silly question, but I used New Game! for challenge 47. Watch an anime tagged as Shounen or Seinen. Is it ok for me to use New Game!! (second season) for 43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field? Would Suzukaze Aoba be considered a professional character designer? Does watching the second season count as a second anime since it's listed on a different page? Thanks!
Dec 3, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
RoraitoL said:
This may be a silly question, but I used New Game! for challenge 47. Watch an anime tagged as Shounen or Seinen. Is it ok for me to use New Game!! (second season) for 43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field? Would Suzukaze Aoba be considered a professional character designer?

She would, you could also count Kou Yagami who is also a main character.
Dec 3, 2017 1:05 PM

Aug 2015
RoraitoL said:
This may be a silly question, but I used New Game! for challenge 47. Watch an anime tagged as Shounen or Seinen. Is it ok for me to use New Game!! (second season) for 43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field? Would Suzukaze Aoba be considered a professional character designer? Does watching the second season count as a second anime since it's listed on a different page? Thanks!

Of course because she earns money as a designer.

You can use both seasons because they are two separate entries.
Dec 3, 2017 2:28 PM

Dec 2016
Could someone recommend me something for these:
16. Watch an anime which began airing between 1980 and 1989
30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
18. Watch an anime which began airing between 2000 and 2009
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth
41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human
Please only TV types(one cour or two)
Dec 3, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
For 'Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more' can I watch 2 seasons of the same show/adaptation?
Dec 3, 2017 5:29 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
suchkawaii said:
For 'Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more' can I watch 2 seasons of the same show/adaptation?

All the episodes must be in the same entry. If a second season has a different entry it will count as a different title.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 4, 2017 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
@Ginoza
For #16 I recommend Dirty Pair or Taiyou no Ko Esteban.
Dec 4, 2017 10:43 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Theres a series I watched in June that I want to use in the challenge, but since MAL's Anime History only shows history from two weeks back, I don't know the exact dates that I watched it anymore. I know that it was started after June 11., and finished before the end of the month. Can I still use it?
Dec 4, 2017 11:06 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Celine3107 said:
Theres a series I watched in June that I want to use in the challenge, but since MAL's Anime History only shows history from two weeks back, I don't know the exact dates that I watched it anymore. I know that it was started after June 11., and finished before the end of the month. Can I still use it?

Try checking the episode history (what Phlippy above said)
TuyNOM said:
[...]Click on the anime -> Edit details -> History
Example for Katanagatari:

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 4, 2017 11:30 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Phlippy said:

Go to the title on your list, click edit and next to "Episodes Watched" should be "History"
There you have the exact dates of every episode :)

SheyCroix said:

Try checking the episode history (what Phlippy above said)

omggg I never knew this. derp. Thank you both so much ^-^
Dec 4, 2017 9:37 PM
Sep 2016
I rolled 59 which is "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
Can someone recommend me something to watch, as long as its not a kids show or something veryy long, tqvm 🙏
ReivyusDec 5, 2017 12:33 AM

Anime is Great
Dec 4, 2017 10:37 PM

May 2014
If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I rolled 59 like most folks here, lol.. (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread)

But I've got a few extra rules, so it's unfortunately gotta be a liiittle specific.

Requirements:
-Minimum 12 episodes
-Minimum 23~ minutes per episode
-Not a sequel or part of a larger franchise (ie spin-off or alt setting)

Me, begging you for mercy:
-Is one cour / doesn't have a sequel
-Ideally doesn't have a billion specials/OVAs but 2-3 is fine.

I'll check out most things regardless, but I'm definitely starting to freak about the deadline ...
Dec 5, 2017 1:42 AM

Aug 2015
DeZheng said:
I rolled 59 which is "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
Can someone recommend me something to watch, as long as its not a kids show or something veryy long, tqvm 🙏

o/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16417/Tamako_Market
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11887/Kokoro_Connect
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30123/Akagami_no_Shirayuki-hime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32998/91_Days
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss

These are 12-13 episode series, so I don't think they take a lot of time.

OatGoblin said:
If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I rolled 59 like most folks here, lol.. (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread)

But I've got a few extra rules, so it's unfortunately gotta be a liiittle specific.

Requirements:
-Minimum 12 episodes
-Minimum 23~ minutes per episode
-Not a sequel or part of a larger franchise (ie spin-off or alt setting)

Me, begging you for mercy:
-Is one cour / doesn't have a sequel
-Ideally doesn't have a billion specials/OVAs but 2-3 is fine.

I'll check out most things regardless, but I'm definitely starting to freak about the deadline ...

o/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13333/Tari_Tari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1454/Kemonozume
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7193/Aoi_Bungaku_Series
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14713/Kamisama_Hajimemashita
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke

Personally I don't see any difference between a series with episodes during 22 mn or 23mn. ^^'
Dec 5, 2017 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
So, question. I signed up on 13 January. I currently only have 4 12-episode shows left to watch to complete my Full Card, Emperor difficulty Challenge so I was looking over the details on how to turn in my info when I'm done. However, when looking at the list of items for the challenge again, it seems that there are now additional requirements for some of the entries that weren't there when I originally signed up. The post with the item details says that it has been modified as recently as yesterday. Some examples that are concerning for me are:

32. Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 6.00: It now says to state the score it had when I finished. The series I used is still below a 6 and likely won't go above that between now and when I finish the Challenge, but I didn't state the score originally. Would it be okay to state what it currently is?

36. Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed": This one now says "save a screenshot showing your username in case there's a big gap when you turn-in"; the series I used still fits the item (the gap is actually bigger between PTW and Complete users), but the numbers don't match the ones I wrote when I initially started. Is the screenshot for this one optional or should I make a screenshot for when I turn this in? If I do, should I change the numbers on my form to match the screenshot?

66. Watch an anime suggested by Anime+ or by MAL: The entry now says that "The screen-shot must show your username" but I do not remember this being specified before. My screenshot does not have my username and now that I've watched the series it's probably impossible to get the series to pop up on the suggested anime list for me again.

Number 66 is my most concerning one. Should I just get a new item to fit this entry instead? Since my original 66 (Re:Zero) aired on a weekday and since I haven't watched what I was originally planning for item 20 yet (it's one of my last 4 items), I could just move it to that so watching Re:Zero is not wasted for the Challenge and doesn't set me back this close to the end. I have a new proper suggestion screenshot (with username) ready with a new show to fit item 66. It's not the same thing that was originally in my item 20, but it is a show I've been meaning to watch and is still just a 12-episode anime. I just don't want not having my username is my screenshot for this to come back to bite me in the ass. Should I change it just to be safe? If I do change it, should I edit both my original sign-up post in addition to my turn-in when I'm done? And will the other two things that I mentioned (for items 32 and 36) be okay? This is my first time doing the Anime Watching Challenge so I don't know how strict the "certification" process is. And sorry if this issue has been brought up already, but I can't be expected to go through all 147 pages of this discussion, can I? Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Edit: Oh, also, something else I thought about: for 73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime, was I supposed to specify my Started date as when I picked the show back up (which is what I have it as right now) or when I originally started it before putting it on hold? Because I think I originally started the series that I used for this item before I even joined MAL (in 2009). Shouldn't be too big of a deal, but again, I don't know how strict things are with this. Thanks again! ^_^
pluvia33Dec 5, 2017 9:24 AM
Dec 5, 2017 9:48 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@pluvia33
for #32 and 36 just update them to the current ones. As long as it's still valid it shouldn't be a problem. Regarding #66 it should have your username since there's no other way to know it was something suggested for you. Your best alternative seems to be that, to change it and use something new. As for #73 it would be better if you add the original start date and at how many episode you picked it up again. If you want to add the date for when you continued with that series it's okay.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 5, 2017 10:02 AM

Jun 2009
SheyCroix said:
for #32 and 36 just update them to the current ones. As long as it's still valid it shouldn't be a problem. Regarding #66 it should have your username since there's no other way to know it was something suggested for you. Your best alternative seems to be that, to change it and use something new. As for #73 it would be better if you add the original start date and at how many episode you picked it up again. If you want to add the date for when you continued with that series it's okay.

@SheyCroix
Sounds good! Thanks for the quick reply! So out with Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis and in with Noragami! I wasn't incredibly excited about Bahamut anyway; maybe I'll watch it for next year's Challenge.

So for #73, should I just do my best to guesstimate my original start date? Or would putting something like "Before 2009" work? I can maybe look up when I bought the DVDs for that series since I watched the first disc when I got it and then shelfed it for years. =P
Dec 5, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2016
@Phlippy @mozgow
Thank you very much
Dec 5, 2017 10:19 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
pluvia33 said:
So for #73, should I just do my best to guesstimate my original start date? Or would putting something like "Before 2009" work? I can maybe look up when I bought the DVDs for that series since I watched the first disc when I got it and then shelfed it for years. =P

If you can't recall when it was, try to find at least the month and year. If that's a bit hard then use just the year and include as note that it was before you joined MAL and that's why you can't give another date (or something along those lines).

(^_^)/

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 5, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
SheyCroix said:
If you can't recall when it was, try to find at least the month and year. If that's a bit hard then use just the year and include as note that it was before you joined MAL and that's why you can't give another date (or something along those lines).

(^_^)/

Okay, I've updated what I could for now. I'm at work so I can't get into my Imgur account (though I've emailed myself the new screenshots) or get to my RightStuf account to try to figure out when I bought the anime that was On-Hold, but I'll finish fixing my post when I get home. Thanks again for all your help! ^_^
Dec 6, 2017 10:50 AM

May 2015
Can I watch a music video? Would it still count as anime?
Dec 6, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
ten said:

For which item?

If it is about
[Quote] 4. Watch a Music type anime [/ quote]
Of course !
Dec 6, 2017 11:27 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
[quote=TuyNOM message=53280770]
ten said:

For which item?

If it is about
4. Watch a Music type anime [/ quote]
Of course !

@ten Even if it's not for that item, you can use them unless otherwise specified.

Dec 7, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2015
TuyNOM said:
ten said:

For which item?

65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username.
It's just that there isn't much choice considering I don't have time for 24+ episodes and watching movie/ova related to smth I haven't seen is out of option too.

Conde_Mohr said:

@ten Even if it's not for that item, you can use them unless otherwise specified.

Thanks!
Dec 7, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
Hi I messed up and waited too long with the challenge!!
Could anyone recommend movies/super super short anime for these challenges?

Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Thanks in advance ;v;

Dec 7, 2017 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
I'll sign up December 20th and beat the challenge in 4 days, I swear.
Dec 7, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2017
LegsDaddy said:
I'll sign up December 20th and beat the challenge in 4 days, I swear.

Well, I finished more than half of the challenge only with animes from this year, so it ain't that hard to do it. Also it's December, you've got lots of time to watch the ones you can't complete with this year's only.
KuraikoDesu said:
Hi I messed up and waited too long with the challenge!!
Could anyone recommend movies/super super short anime for these challenges?

Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Thanks in advance ;v;

Although it's not a movie/short anime, I'd definitely recommend you check out Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
12 episodes, 3 minutes each, Tsurezure Children
HyoretsuDec 7, 2017 2:36 PM
Dec 7, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
Can someone recommend me an anime to watch, as part of one of my challenges? I would prefer an all-female cast anime, but ANY will do.
Dec 8, 2017 12:36 AM

Apr 2015
Raynare said:
Can someone recommend me an anime to watch, as part of one of my challenges? I would prefer an all-female cast anime, but ANY will do.

From your PTW, how about Gi(a)rlish Number or the second season of New Game?
Alternatively, Love Live! School Idol Project.

Dec 8, 2017 1:33 AM
Mar 2016
70. Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
Do i need to link a screenshot or do i just mention which trope?
Dec 8, 2017 2:23 AM

Aug 2015
Mononoke_Himee said:
70. Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
Do i need to link a screenshot or do i just mention which trope?

State and link the trope, please.
Check that there is not this mention:
Dec 8, 2017 2:23 AM

Jul 2015
KuraikoDesu said:
Raynare said:

From your PTW, how about Gi(a)rlish Number or the second season of New Game?
Alternatively, Love Live! School Idol Project.

Haha Nice of you to choose one from my PTW
Thanks a bunch ^_^
New Game S2 it is
Dec 8, 2017 3:50 AM

Jan 2017
[re-post]

Hello Everyone!

We will be taking suggestions regarding the 2018 MAL Anime/Manga Challenge. The suggestions are for either new items for the challenge list or removal of existing ones. If you would like to make any, please complete this form.

Thanks!
Dec 8, 2017 1:35 PM

Dec 2015
Hi Hi!

I need an anime recommendation for the challenge since I failed my first one ^^

Thanks! :)
Dec 8, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2015
Dec 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Dec 2015

xD yes, indeed it was!

Thank you for the recomends! I'll pick the movie Da Yu Hai Tang :D
Dec 8, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2017
Hi, Guys!!

Just needed a confirmation... can tokyo Ghoul S2 be accepted in "#20. Watch an anime broadcast on a weekday" as I'm not sure!!

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Dec 9, 2017 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
Head_Hunter47 said:
Hi, Guys!!

Just needed a confirmation... can tokyo Ghoul S2 be accepted in "#20. Watch an anime broadcast on a weekday" as I'm not sure!!
Friday is a weekday, so I would say yes.
Dec 9, 2017 1:31 AM
Mar 2016
How do i link other websites to my post?
Dec 9, 2017 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Mononoke_Himee said:
How do i link other websites to my post?
You have to use [url] tag, eg:
[url=http://www.webpage.com/link/to/something/]fancy link text[/url]
Dec 9, 2017 11:54 AM

Dec 2016
I've completed the challenge, but it's not on "Users that Completed the Challenge Successfully pt.2". Why?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=3600#msg51064472
Dec 9, 2017 11:55 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
jacobtsurugiBR09 said:
I've completed the challenge, but it's not on "Users that Completed the Challenge Successfully pt.2". Why?

Because we still need to check your form please be patient, there are a lot of forms.

Dec 9, 2017 12:29 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jacobtsurugiBR09 said:

Did you post the turn-in form? I don't remember seeing it. If you don't post that it will never get verified, you know? It's the only thing we use to know who finished their challenge.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 142 143 [144] 145 146 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

54 by TsutanaiFuun »»
47 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 1 hour ago

15 by Sorachin »»
50 seconds ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

14 by Yuri-Crusader »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 23 minutes ago

7 by NubFix »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 3 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.