Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2015
I'll be honest.
i 'm kinda disappointed...and worried...
sure they might pull off something good but i feel like it'll be just that:
good but not great...
Jan 6, 2017 6:01 PM
Jan 2015
It was OK in general, the action was pretty good and the animation was not too bad, but the character designs threw me off especially when you compare them to the manga/LN covers. (Mainly Viktoriya's eyes) I don't know if it's just me but I can't really relate to Tanya or why the author decided to choose a Japanese salary man as the reincarnation. There's obvious references to WW1 (Fatherland, the uniforms, Berun, Parisee, Rhine, Plan 315 being Plan Schlieffen, etc) so I'm interested in seeing how it's going to be portrayed, but for now I'm just going to keep watching to see if it gets better.
Jan 6, 2017 6:01 PM

Apr 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Hummm, with a spirit of generosity, one can use the sequences to explain it:
Before a major attack the artillery always softens up the lines. The shows started with Empire artillery pounding the Republic before they attacked and were defeated.

Tanya was sent to help cover the Imperial withdrawal. She saw that the Republic were counterattacking and because the two guys ran off, she couldn't stop their advance. In not stopping them, the Republic were now in position to damage the Imperial army (which they did, wiping out 2 companies - as mentioned around the fire).

Based on this, Tanya knew that the Republic were going to make a major push, and this would be supported by a massive artillery barrage. All she really had to do was to guess where the attack would be (and since she knew where the artillery was and where the Republic were advancing) she was in position to accurately determine this.

I wouldn't say she knew for a fact that they would die, but she did what she thought would give her the best odds of their death. She only knew it worked because she knew that the girl would tell her if they had died.

The ironic thing about their death was that they were killed by the same artillery they chased off against, ignoring Tanya's order to help defend the Imperial troops. They created the chain of events that lead to their deaths. Tanya just positioned them there.

Haven't read the novel, this was just based on watching the episode, I think I will try the novel to see if it was covered better.

Rationally you don't "soften up" the rear of the enemy.

Rationally you can't know what the enemy artillery will target, if you could, you wouldn't let men at this position (and I say this from the headqurters point of view). Artillery has a relatively random efficacity and if it's efficient, you don't let your troops in a spot where you could lose 50% of them or more without the enemy taking any risk at all, that's all. That's rational. That's war.

Rationally, the best way to get rid of 2 subordinates in war times is to send them in a mission with low success probability. They were asking for it actually. At least they can cause casualties to the enemy. That's again the best rational approach.

By the way in a "not magical" world war context, the even easier way to get rid of them with 100% efficiency was to send them to court-martial and get them executed which is what the armies did after insubordination during the real first world war (as far as I know).

In the anime, Tanya says she knew they were dead because a pillbox is a good target and the enemy will shoot it (for sure). That's bullshit. If she knows, then the chif of staff knows, then they don't put troops in pillboxes.

I still think it's blatant bad writing but only a detail. Hope there won't be more later.

why are you ignoring my answer and take only the one you could contest? She didn't say she knew they were dead. She guessed they were dead the moment Visha started to report something about them, as that was the only thing that she would report, since they're no longer under Tanya's order, Visha has no reason to report anything else. Add that to knowing that those pillar box were a dangerous place to be right now, and it wasn't hard to guess.
There is no bad writing at that place so when you ask someone (as you asked me?) a question be at least considerate enough to take his answer in account...
Jan 6, 2017 6:05 PM

Mar 2016
I feel like this is the wrong time for this kind of show. We've just come off of Izetta the Last Witch, a show that started out fine but really only got worse from their. That being said I did enjoy this first episode. I feel like it could have done with more action and less cutting back to the old guys talking but I can only hope/assume that they are setting up the story. I haven't read the source material; thus, I can't judge the first episode based on that but from what I've seen Studio NUT is delivering on their promise... so far. I'm cautiously optimistic and this episode get's an 8/10
Jan 6, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2013
Fai said:

Overall even though the action pieces were BEAUTIFUL, the downsides of bad art, completely awful MC and the narrative's hard-on for nazis makes this a very hard show to follow.

There is no nazism there it's not the ww2 , the uniforms are ww1, their ideology isn't nazism either -_-. How about not associating the german army with nazism ffs? do you have any idea of how much time the german army has existed and how much time during this they were under the nazi influence? :/
Jan 6, 2017 6:07 PM

Dec 2016
Izetta has nothing on this, it completely blows it away.

What a scary little girl. Her magic is very impressive. She is indeed a devil.
Jan 6, 2017 6:15 PM

Apr 2016
Asturaetus said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

About the writing : how do they explain in the novel that the pillbox got destroyed? It's clear that Tanya wanted the 2 officers to die but you can never be sure a pillbox at the rear will be bombarded soon and even less destroyed. If there was a high probability of rapid destruction, they wouldn't build them in the first place.

So for me here, it's bad writing but it's only a detail so far and maybe it's better written in the novel.

That's a misunderstanding on your part. Her intention wasn't specifically for those two to get killed. She wanted them to be removed from her command because they proved to be incompetent and punished for their insubordination.

The ususal punishment for repeatedly going against their superiors command would be death. And she was prepared to execute them on the spot - shown by her starting to pull her saber. But because of Visha's intervention she resigned to lighten the punishment.

In this case assigning them to guarding duty at a very unsafe location (a pillar box wihtin range of enemy artillery). That they died was very likely but not guaranteed. So their death wasn't directly her fault just their bad luck.

For me, it's quite strange, you're the second person in this thread who didn't understand she wanted them to get killed.

Again, did you watch this episode until the end?

Seriously, there is only one way to understand Tanya's statement.

Or maybe you didn't understand the anime because you read the novel?

You're really strange.
Jan 6, 2017 6:25 PM
Jun 2016
see this is what happens when you don't feed your loli.
in all seriousness it seems to be one of those shows were the Mc is overpowered so nothing bothers them
Jan 6, 2017 6:28 PM

Oct 2016
dont mess with that loli .. well for me it's a good start .. im looking forward to it
Jan 6, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 2012
thelasthope139 said:
Otimo episodio,a OST tambem era boa, a animação ta realmente muito boa, minha pergunta é se eles vão manter esse animação nos proximos episodios.

Nota para a estreia : 9

Provavelmente mantém-se assim pelo menos até ao terceiro. A partir daí deve depender da popularidade da anime acho eu.
Jan 6, 2017 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
Zefyris said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I still think it's blatant bad writing but only a detail. Hope there won't be more later.

why are you ignoring my answer and take only the one you could contest? She didn't say she knew they were dead. She guessed they were dead the moment Visha started to report something about them, as that was the only thing that she would report, since they're no longer under Tanya's order, Visha has no reason to report anything else. Add that to knowing that those pillar box were a dangerous place to be right now, and it wasn't hard to guess.
There is no bad writing at that place so when you ask someone (as you asked me?) a question be at least considerate enough to take his answer in account...

She explained in the last seconds of the episode why it was obvious they were dead.

She is not guessing, and she never guessed, she smiles :)

My answer to you is : you're right, she can guess without doubt that Visha will announce they got killed in the pillbox. In other words she can guess the nature of the announcement. right.

My point was different : she could not guess they would get killed in the pillbox but she stated she knew before Visha came.

There's a big difference but this big difference does only make sense if we suppose we have a war scenario with good writing.

At first I didn't answer you, because for you Tanya last words in the episode didn't mean she planned and foresaw their death. For me there's no doubt, she send them there on purpose, which makes sense, but she was also sure ("it's self evident") of the result, that this one pillbox would get destroyed. That doesn't make sense anymore in a somewhat good written war scenario.
Jan 6, 2017 7:00 PM

Sep 2015
Dam she' s a psycho

Jan 2013
I don't know what i just saw but it was nice xD This anime reminds me of Shuumatsu no Izetta but more hardcore xD
It's great to see a new "world war" related anime right in the next season, gotta love this.
Overall i enjoyed this episode, the character designs were weird in a few moments but nothing that i would complain about. We got a brief of what's happening but there are still so many things that we don't know yet, can't wait to have answers to them.
Tanya is so badass! Can't wait for next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

My point was different : she could not guess they would get killed in the pillbox but she stated she knew before Visha came.

She guessed it cause she was the one who send them there. How come people not understanding things makes it "bad" writing?

Only 1 episode in and people already dicing the anime with no fundament. This is at least way more interesting than those standard harem otaku bait shows that used to air four at once per season.

And what it's with the hate 7.29!? I know the scores are volatile on the first eps but it's too low, those happy triggers haters should be more patient.
SnaitaJan 6, 2017 7:09 PM
Jan 6, 2017 7:15 PM
Apr 2012
Well, I generally dislike military shows since they tend to put me to sleep, but I think I might like this. I like Tanyas personality, made it kind of fun. And that decapitation and sending the scrubs to the pillbox to die sure woke me up. Not sure if I'm going to keep watching this or not, all depends on how crazy they have her get and how fast things move.

I am kind of wondering if all that Fatherland crap is the salary man in him spouting stuff to help him get ahead or if he is a serious zealot about his new country.
Jan 6, 2017 7:21 PM

Apr 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Zefyris said:

She explained in the last seconds of the episode why it was obvious they were dead.

She is not guessing, and she never guessed, she smiles :)

My answer to you is : you're right, she can guess without doubt that Visha will announce they got killed in the pillbox. In other words she can guess the nature of the announcement. right.

There's a big difference but this big difference does only make sense if we suppose we have a war scenario with good writing.

At first I didn't answer you, because for you Tanya last words in the episode didn't mean she planned and foresaw their death. For me there's no doubt, she send them there on purpose, which makes sense, but she was also sure ("it's self evident") of the result, that this one pillbox would get destroyed. That doesn't make sense anymore in a somewhat good written war scenario.

She never said that. She said it wasn't anything surprising (her word was "it's trivial/evident" ) when Visha ask her where she heard about it. And proceed to explain why it's a dangerous place to be actually. She send them there knowing that had a fairly good chance of happening, and that's what Visha ask her afterwards, to which she answer with a smile.
I'm stating again : she deduced from Visha's words that they were dead. Vishga ask if she heard it somewhere. She answer simply that there's no need as it's a trivial matter because that's a dangerous place, so why would anyone be surprised from their death. Visha ask if she sent them here knowing that had a good chance of happening. She answer with a smile.
That's the meaning the japanese conversation carried. I don't know if the english subtitles reproduced it faithfully, but that's how it is.
The difference between you and me may be simply that I didn't had my understanding of that scene biased by a translation.
Jan 6, 2017 7:29 PM
Apr 2012
Yeah I kinda agree with this interpretation.

1. She wanted rid of them since they wouldn't obey orders and might disobey them again.
2. Oftentimes disobeying orders results in a death penalty. Gets stopped by Visha (probably would look bad to stab your own troops in your tent) but still feels they need punished.
3. Using her knowledge of the battlefield and what is going on she sent them to a reasonably dangerous location. If they live than they deserve to live.
4. Visha shows up and tells her that they did indeed die. Smile!
Jan 6, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
Oh god that final scene was gold. I'd watch this just for the Lieutenant's crazed smiles.
Jan 6, 2017 8:08 PM
Oct 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Reading that chapter now. Much better explained, he uses some historical examples and actually explains it even before she took over command of her Flight.

To summarize, this is not "trench warfare", the Republic has launched a surprise attack on the depleted lines of the Empire and rather than make a tactical withdrawal the Imperial forces have been ordered to defend their collapsing line.

Tanya realizes the stupidity of this order (but such situations arise in all wars and the author explains why it was made) and that in such a fluid situation it was better to remain mobile than to be tied to a fixed structure, this is where I am now.

My guess is that when she sent the men to the "rear" (which is actually an Imperial base) her point was to fix their location. As the Imperial Army continued to collapse, this base became a very tempting target for the Republic, hence their decision to shell it. That was what she knew they would be killed. And the officers couldn't move the forces because they were ordered to "hold the line". It was the contradiction between orders and reality that she exploited.

I have to finish the chapter, but reading it does make the first episode much much clearer. The adapter still did a very good job, this is not an easy assignment. I would have focused on "fixed" vs "mobile", but that could be a translation thing.
Jan 6, 2017 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
Took some time to get used to the character designs, but this has potential.
Jan 6, 2017 8:59 PM

Jun 2012
tfw you realize you will never have a flying loli mage as your commander ;-;
Jan 6, 2017 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
was looking forward to this mainly because i'm still waiting for a damn good war anime around this setting,but the added factor of mage ruined my initial impression also,MC is pretty much Cagliostro from GB with out the "cute" .

will say i found the backgrounds/effects really nice to look at.

lets all try and enjoy this to see how evil our crazy loli commander gets
Jan 6, 2017 9:10 PM

Apr 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Reading that chapter now. Much better explained, he uses some historical examples and actually explains it even before she took over command of her Flight.

To summarize, this is not "trench warfare", the Republic has launched a surprise attack on the depleted lines of the Empire and rather than make a tactical withdrawal the Imperial forces have been ordered to defend their collapsing line.

Tanya realizes the stupidity of this order (but such situations arise in all wars and the author explains why it was made) and that in such a fluid situation it was better to remain mobile than to be tied to a fixed structure, this is where I am now.

My guess is that when she sent the men to the "rear" (which is actually an Imperial base) her point was to fix their location. As the Imperial Army continued to collapse, this base became a very tempting target for the Republic, hence their decision to shell it. That was what she knew they would be killed. And the officers couldn't move the forces because they were ordered to "hold the line". It was the contradiction between orders and reality that she exploited.

I have to finish the chapter, but reading it does make the first episode much much clearer. The adapter still did a very good job, this is not an easy assignment. I would have focused on "fixed" vs "mobile", but that could be a translation thing.

Yeah! Thank you! The way you present it with these details, like the author originally did, makes the whole "send them at the wrong place" plot look more believable, logical to me than the anime version.

I was indeed thinking they were in a relatively stable trench warfare situation.

Thanks again and I take back my "bad writing" in this case (at least for the novel).
Jan 6, 2017 9:52 PM
Oct 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Yeah! Thank you! The way you present it with these details, like the author originally did, makes the whole "send them at the wrong place" plot look more believable, logical to me than the anime version.

I was indeed thinking they were in a relatively stable trench warfare situation.

Thanks again and I take back my "bad writing" in this case (at least for the novel).

Glad to be of service! I made the same mistake, so when you raised a good question I wanted to find out the answer, thus started to read the novel. Won't finish it tonight (have another show to watch), but the novel is really fleshing out why she treated those two men the way she did and why she treated the woman differently as well. It's very good.

As for the anime, don't blame the adapter, I see where I made my mistake: to summarize, at the beginning the Empire was attacked by the "northern" country: the Federation. After repulsing the attack (which they showed at the start when the Empire launched an artillery barrage) they got greedy and decided to destroy the Federation. This caused them to withdraw forces from the Republic frontier. The Republic seeing a chance to hit the Empire launched their surprise attack.

The animation does cover this, but they had to cover so much ground so fast that I missed the full implications of what happened (shared probably by most viewers who hadn't read the novel). Having now read part of the novel and then rewatched the episode I picked up on what I missed.

I am a big fan of writers, I also respect (but understand the limitations of) translators. So I try not to judge them too harshly. I assume, until proven otherwise, that it is MY fault in not understanding, not their fault in trying. So far, the writer of the novel is great, I don't agree with all that he wrote, but it is well thought out and fun to read. For the first episode, while there are some small things I would have changed because I would have approached it as a non reader, the more I read the novel, the more I am impressed by what the adapter did do. This was not an easy job, but overall I think the writer squeezed out the best first episode possible (for non readers that is). I understand why the readers are disappointed, but having been a viewer first, I have to say the adapter did their job. They created a first episode to make the viewer watch the second.
Jan 6, 2017 10:07 PM
Nov 2015
I was really hyped for this show but this first episode, IMO, was pretty weak. Hella exposition, a whole lot of tell-don't-show, really slow, remarkably boring. It looked kinda meh as well. I hope this was just a weird first episode, because otherwise I will probably be dropping this show. That is sad, because the premise sounds fun as hell.
Jan 6, 2017 10:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Wow, the edge was real with this one.

First of all - Holy shit is the art bad. Whoever thought that this is okay needs to burrnnnnn:

The MC and few other designs literally do not fit the rest. The screencap above? IT feels like they literally got photoshopped into a cap like those meme edits most shows get that are done for fun and you literally can see how the art clashes.
Even if we ignore how some characters literally have different art style, that still does not take away that the loli art characters have the most WRONGLY designed faces possible.

Second of all - the setting. Welp. Following Izetta's footsteps, this is totally NotGermany. Except unlike Izetta show,this one seems to have a real hard on for nazi germany for some reason.

Third of all - holy shit is the protagonist an unlikeable psycho ass. This literally feels like "what if Hitler was a loli" kind of set up and ughh. Anti-hero protagonists are okay, but making the audience despise and cringe at the protagonist is probably not the best.

Overall even though the action pieces were BEAUTIFUL, the downsides of bad art, completely awful MC and the narrative's hard-on for nazis makes this a very hard show to follow.

Let's see where the rest of episodes go.
All this because shes a commanding soldier that acts like a commanding soldier in the chaos of a war that they are clearly losing?

Pretty sure everything she said to those two irrational idiots was correct as well. They had one job and yet those two guys were on such a high over their own egos that they felt that they could take out a whole army without once stopping to think that maybe it was a bad idea which it kinda was even though they lucked out and survived

Yeah what Tanya did at the end was savage af, but honestly in a situation like that, nobody can afford to mess about making bonehead decisions yet alone walking behind a bunch of retards....And besides, they wanted to die
Jan 6, 2017 10:11 PM
Jan 2016
Rachmaninow said:
I expected to see a military genius in form of a little girl, using strategy and decisive maneuvers to rise through the ranks, utilizing the resources she had at hand, outsmarting her opponents and so on.

Nope, it's not about that at all.

Takuan_Soho said:
The animation does cover this, but they had to cover so much ground so fast that I missed the full implications of what happened (shared probably by most viewers who hadn't read the novel). Having now read part of the novel and then rewatched the episode I picked up on what I missed.

I think they did provide enough information to explain the dire situation of the Rhine front during the meeting between Rerugen, Rudersdorf, and Zettour: Rudersdorf mentions having to pull the defensive line back again and Zettour proposes a mobile defense (to which Rerugen points out their soldiers are too exhausted to do that), so we know they're having problems maintaining their position.

I'd argue that the only reason it isn't clear how this makes the pillbox an unsafe location is because of how much time passes between that scene and hearing about the two corporals' deaths; most people wouldn't associate the two events, so Tanya really should have mentioned the fluctuating front lines to remind everyone.
MysteriousBananaJan 6, 2017 10:26 PM
Jan 6, 2017 10:11 PM

Feb 2014
They slathered on the exposition. So hopefully that is mostly out of the way for the second episode. The animation is top notch though. Overall good job for first episode of a new studio.
Jan 6, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2016
That was a really solid first episode. Probably my second favorite show so far this season.

Animation and Music are on point. Story and characters have a lot of potential as well.

8/10 for this episode. Can't wait to watch more.

Jan 6, 2017 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
Liked the war parts. I expected more evil from Tanya, but throughout most of the episode she didn't do much. That was until she ran into the enemy mages. She pulverized them. The animation over there was pretty nice. And those explosions are something else entirely. And then it was revealed that she sent those two guys who pissed her off to that pillbox to get them killed. And then her face after her plan succeeded. That was what I wanted from this show. Looking forward to more awesome explosions and more evil loli.
Jan 6, 2017 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
I wasn't sure about this at first, but this first episode was really good and cool.

Alternate WW I setting with mages? Interesting.

I already love Tanya. She really is ruthless. Sending the two dorks to a place, where they will surely die.

The action scenes and fights with flying mages remind me of Strike Witches, only not so crappy.

Damn, Tanya sure is strong.
TheBigGuyJan 7, 2017 12:54 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 7, 2017 12:04 AM

Nov 2014
I don't understand why the synopsis says that Tanya is from Japan, isn't she German? I mean the Empire is similar to Germany in WWII, tho Tanya is more of a Russian name than German.
Jan 7, 2017 12:15 AM
Jan 2016
TheBigGuy said:
They're not really trying to hide, that the Empire is basically Nazi Germany.

But it's not Nazi Germany, it's alt reality WW1 Imperial Germany.

SirAdept said:
I don't understand why the synopsis says that Tanya is from Japan, isn't she German? I mean the Empire is similar to Germany in WWII, tho Tanya is more of a Russian name than German.

You literally stopped reading the synopsis right before it explained that:
"But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being who calls himself God."

That being said, Russians in this story are refugees from the Communist coup d'etat. Tanya's parents are amongst them, as is Viktorya (Vish).
Jan 7, 2017 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
SirAdept said:

This episode skipped the novel prologue and 2 chapters. She's originally a pragmatist businessman from Japan that died because he was pushed to a train railway by one of his enemies. (Most probably one of his subordinates that he fired)
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Jan 7, 2017 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
holy shit those are some godawful frontpage reviews lol
Jan 7, 2017 12:35 AM

Apr 2009
If Tanya of Youjou Senki proclaims herself as a god? what if she engage in battle with Yato of Noragami and see who's more godlike?
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 7, 2017 12:48 AM

Nov 2016
fuck the only thing i don't understand is why the drawstyle is so idiotic. Just look at those faces except for the main character
Jan 7, 2017 12:56 AM

Nov 2013
@MysteriousBanana

Yeah, you're right.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 7, 2017 12:59 AM

Nov 2013
nep-nep said:

Reviews after only one episode are always retarded in my opinion.
Jan 7, 2017 1:11 AM

May 2014
I thought this was pretty cool, having no expectations watching this. I can see potential from this.. the uniforms reminded me of Schwarzesmarken though.

4/5
Jan 7, 2017 1:26 AM

Nov 2014
Michael5191 said:
SirAdept said:

This episode skipped the novel prologue and 2 chapters. She's originally a pragmatist businessman from Japan that died because he was pushed to a train railway by one of his enemies. (Most probably one of his subordinates that he fired)

Thanks for clarifying that
Jan 7, 2017 1:52 AM
Jul 2014
Full first episode I was with a face like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Jan 7, 2017 2:08 AM

Sep 2016
hopefully this studio proves its worth with this anime, i like how they dont hold back with the gore and blood since the theme of war is constantly being involved the mc i like her persona kind of reminds me of Revy when shes angry from black lagoon i enjoyed the fight scenes as well, looking forward to what they have to offer
Facta Non Verba
Jan 7, 2017 2:28 AM

Feb 2015
looks like many people are complaining about the character design.
but i don't give a fuck with it anymore xD
just give me that madness character more xD i just want to see the character doing crazy stuff man. satisfy me with those madness xD
Jan 7, 2017 2:52 AM
Oct 2013
^ The LN character design has this madness. The anime char design on the other hand looks like a barbie doll. Add her voice, it's more fitting to describe her as 'cute'. Overall, it feels like a different character. I was expecting something like Clementine from Overlord, that kind of madness.
Jan 7, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
TheBigGuy said:
nep-nep said:

Reviews after only one episode are always retarded in my opinion.

Pretty sure that such reviews are actually not allowed and need to be reported and deleted anyway.
Jan 7, 2017 2:55 AM

Jan 2012
Main problem I have with the series right now is just how big the brown haired girl's eyes are. I get Tanya's eyes being big because she's a child but that brown haired girl is an adult and that design really classes with the design of the males with normal eye proportions compared to their faces. Was this a strategic move by the animators to draw attention away from Tanya's eyes being so much bigger than all the other characters by creating a character with even more out of place big eyes? This one little thing really bugs me when I watched this episode. Especially since those giant droopy eyes of the brown haired girl is what you would expect to see in cutesy moe series or comedy, not a relatively serious military anime where the rest of the supporting cast looks rugged and properly proportioned.
Jan 7, 2017 3:05 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
Third of all - holy shit is the protagonist an unlikeable psycho ass. This literally feels like "what if Hitler was a loli" kind of set up and ughh. Anti-hero protagonists are okay, but making the audience despise and cringe at the protagonist is probably not the best.

Does protagonist need to be likeable for everyone?
Jan 7, 2017 3:13 AM
Apr 2011
Enjoyable first episode in terms of action. Not sure what to think of the series as a whole yet since it's only episode 1.

That girl character who works for the MC is probably the best character design. Facial features feel very natural.
Jan 7, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
I don't even know what to feel about this show lol.

And that one girl's eyes.

Jesus those fucking eyes.

Someone burn that shit with fire!
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.