Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 9, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Black King's powers is definitely no joke. I guess he gained in a new ally on his side with that Bronze monster.

Glad to see Easy this episode even if it was just a brief moment. Looks like Shimazu was ready to kick some ass until they got an unlikely visitor. Eh compared to some of the other episodes, I feel like this one had even more comedy than the usual especially with Saint Germi and his jokes. Apparently, he's also planning to destroy Orte so it'll be interesting to see how that develops.
Stark700Dec 9, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 9, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2012
Musket and alliance making this week. So what was going on with that scene where End Jesus told the guard to keep a secret? Looked like he dropped something but I clearly missed it. Can't decide if Anastasia or Olminu have the better tits....both so beautiful! XD
Dec 9, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2015
oppai oppai oppai oppai oppai
Dec 9, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2014
animefan8800 said:
Musket and alliance making this week. So what was going on with that scene where End Jesus told the guard to keep a secret? Looked like he dropped something but I clearly missed it.

It looked like salt, maybe using his power cost him his body.
Dec 9, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
Mostly just a build up episode but a really good one at that.

Black King is insanely strong, He wrecked that Bronze dragon so easily. :o
So is he teaching the monsters to make bronze weaponry using the dragon's scales?
The king also dropped rather something fell of from him, Interesting. He even asked the soldier to keep it a secret.

That Drunk Yoichi service. XD
Anastasia is angry. :o

New character appeared, hope he's a Drifter.
Those evil Oda smirks when he realized the capabilities of the dwarves were so badass. xD
I don't know why I find that Hitler portrait funny. xD

Looks like Saint Germi wants the Drifters to take over Orte before the neighboring nations can, I am hyped for that battle.
Dec 9, 2016 7:39 AM

Dec 2015
Whoever says that the humor is ruining the show is dead wrong, this episode was simply amazing.

Drunk Yoichi was certainly something else...*cough cough*

After this episode I'm doubting that the Black King is Jesus, it just doesn't fit.
joe_g7Dec 9, 2016 7:47 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 9, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Rrecool said:
animefan8800 said:
Musket and alliance making this week. So what was going on with that scene where End Jesus told the guard to keep a secret? Looked like he dropped something but I clearly missed it.

It looked like salt, maybe using his power cost him his body.

I definitely took it as a potential weakness he was trying to cover up.

joe_g7 said:

After this episode I'm doubting that the Black King is Jesus, it just doesn't fit.

There was another obvious hint though: He replicated food endlessly like Jesus did with the fish and bread.
animefan8800Dec 9, 2016 7:49 AM
Dec 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Feb 2014
Damn tis show is really the best!
Every character and race can be compassioned with. You jst can't hate anyone!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 9, 2016 7:52 AM

Dec 2015
animefan8800 said:
joe_g7 said:

There was another obvious hint though: He replicated food endlessly like Jesus did with the fish and bread.

Yeah, but when Jesus 'died' he wasn't old, he also didn't carry any staffs -which I think the thing on it's top (I don't know what it's called) HAS to do something with his identity.
Dec 9, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Lelouch0202 said:

Uuh... That was Akechi Clan's crest and im pretty sure Nobunaga hasn't forgotten Honno-ji incident yet. My guess is,that our newcomer is none other than Mitsuhide.
OnbuuDec 9, 2016 7:58 AM
Dec 9, 2016 7:56 AM
Feb 2016
Fufu how horrible of the Count to just sell off Orte and join Toyohisa and the team to take down Orte. OOT I have been waiting for weeks to see Toyohisa and the Count to talk with each other because of the seiyuu though.

Is that glass shards that fell off the Black King? If he's not so evil I'd say he's a pretty good leader since instead of thinking about present time he's actually thinking of ways how his subjects can survive in the future as well should he's not with them anymore.

Adolf Hitler though... No matter where he is he has the power to convince people to carry out his plans and idea -u-
Dec 9, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode.
After the Count came it became obvious that Octobrist solely exist just to finish "Ends". First I thought Octobrist is Orte's enemy because they let Toyohisa, Nobunaga and Yoichi take down Orte.

But what questions me why the Count didn't stop the slavery?
My conclusion for now it seems Drifters themself dont really care about Ends and peace, all they care is that their goal in the past.

Also, when those shards falls off Black King's power seems weakening. The one that just came into the world definitely Ends, cause Easy was laughing I guess.
Dec 9, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
Black King too op!
Dec 9, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
How can someone beat black king anyway... the guy is ridiculously strong
Dec 9, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
The black king is way too op! His power is so broken. Something happened to him though, wonder what that thing that fell form him was.

Anyone know the episode count?
Dec 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
Onbuu said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Uuh... That was Akechi Clan's crest and im pretty sure Nobunaga hasn't forgotten Honno-ji incident yet. My guess is,that our newcomer is none other than Mitsuhide.

Ohhh and I was wondering who that was, shit is about to go down then with Nobunaga.
Dec 9, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
Worst episode in quite a while for this show, as while there were a few slightly interesting moments here and there, most of this episode was both tedious and boring.
Dec 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2015
The Black King is strong! And Olmi gets bullied for her large boobs again.

Dec 9, 2016 9:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great episode, with a stimulating fight!!!
Dec 9, 2016 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
Take another look at the symbols. The eyes of Saint-Germi are dim blue, while Anastasia has grayish-black eyes.
I believe Saint-Germi is following Hitler's wishes of... maybe redemption, maybe of trying to make the world a better place, hence Germi is not a villain. Though Anastasia might stay evil until the end.
Re:formed
Dec 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2016
Decent Episode

Black King showed no mercy towards the bronze Dragon, damn I wonder what other powerful abilities does he have in store. I like the fact how he refused to teach the goblins and the other monsters latin when Rasputin gave that suggestion. I also that Black King is making the monsters independent by farming.

Lastly Akechi Mitsuhide makes an appearance. I wonder if his main rival will be Toyoishua or Nobunaga, maybe both. Next week should be interesting.
Dec 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
Atavistic said:
Worst episode in quite a while for this show, as while there were a few slightly interesting moments here and there, most of this episode was both tedious and boring.

Ikr, I'm getting bored of the traps, they're very bland characters. The comedy is also getting more and more tedious. Oh well, maybe it'll get better.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
Dec 9, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
The Black King is insanely strong, to have that Bronze Dragon under his feet so easily is intimidating. Then at the end of the episode, he was hacking off parts of the dragon for food. Too brutal man...

Although this was pretty much a build up episode, it was still good, and the comedy was consistently good this time around as well. I have to admit, the drunken Yoichi scene was funny and tempting. =P

I am curious about the shard that fell of the Black King as he passed the minion. Is his power weakening by any chance? If so, then at this moment, it hasn't hurt him in the power department, that's for sure.
Dec 9, 2016 10:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yoichi: Best girl.

There, I said it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 9, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
Hitler also been dragged into the world.
"Father". I can't be patient how he is being pictured
Dec 9, 2016 11:01 AM
Sep 2014
There's too much unnecessary fanservice/comedy in this anime especially in this episode. Good episode but all of this fanservice and comedy was kind of offputting and kind of got in the way of the story. This episode felt like a mess in some places
Dec 9, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2016

Count St.Germi finally revealed as

I actually enjoyed this episode despite the slow pace. Only bad thing was the cuts between each scene, which were rather blatant and didn't flow well imo.
Time to fight against Orte!
Dec 9, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Black King is too OP.He gave cancer to the Bronze dragon to make him obey and follow him.I'm interested to see what happened and fell from him something like a stone.Nice to see,the dwarves making muskets.Saint-Germi wants to cooperate with Toyohisa and sell the land he owns since Hitler's age and destroy Orte Empire since its fall seems inevitable.
Dec 9, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
The Black King is hella OP. Can't wait to see how his part plays out. Also... the father of Orte was Hilter????????? XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2015
The firearms seem to be going well
Dec 9, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
Farabeuf said:
Yoichi: Best girl.

There, I said it.

Ah yes yes.Thing is we don't really have a best girl yet so maybe we con go with a trap.

ButadonMeitante said:

Count St.Germi finally revealed as

I actually enjoyed this episode despite the slow pace. Only bad thing was the cuts between each scene, which were rather blatant and didn't flow well imo.
Time to fight against Orte!

Thanks for info.
Dec 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
wht the shit ?! The Black King can give people cancer that's too op man! ad i loved the comedy this episode
Dec 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
Hilarious episode!!!

When "Cherry Boy" told the Elven boys to go and hide, but the Elven girls didn't need to upon Count Saint-Germi's arrival, I cracked up. But everyone asking "What are you?" about Saint-Germi and his 'twinkies" and the comic relief that ensued caused me to about laugh out a lung.

That Black King. How can a fight be won against someone that can give a dragon cancer?
Hannah_AnaDec 9, 2016 12:10 PM
Dec 9, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
Olminu has amazing tits but so does that Russian End
Dec 9, 2016 12:10 PM

May 2015
Another good in-between episode. I'm excited to see how St. G will play out in the drifters plans.
Dec 9, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2016
I don't know, from the Ova I saw a different story from what I have seen so far on this Anime, I feel a bit... disappointed is the word? Comedy is out of place and destroys the dark tone it uses i hope the next episodes are better (dunno how many will it be)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 9, 2016 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
Black King looks more like Jesus each episode he is featured. He is also OP as fuck, he can give you super cancer if he wants! Fucking terrifying.

Saint Germi and his subordinates were funny, but it seems he is actually more competent of what he looks. I said it again, it's a pity Hitler is dead by the time the series started, since it would be interesting seeing how he would have reacted to the apparition of the other Drifters and the Ends. Even more dissapointing considering Hirano didn't even portrayed him in Hellsing.

Those dwarves are sure compentent. 10 muskets in a day. Nobunaga will be happy.
Dec 9, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
Crappie comedy plagued the first half of this episode. Dammit.

The dwarves are pretty talented and can make upto ten muskets a day and they're making them pretty neatly. Nobunaga is pleased. There was one funny line by Nobunaga where he says that he doesn't know who's young and who's old since they all look like old men. Then there was this other line by Toyohisa where he's saying that he can't tell the gender of that Count's subordinates. Those gays were awfully specific with their fetishes though. Now that Count of gayness is willing to sell off a third of Hitler's empire because he found a side which can win and he doesn't want Orte to fall into the neighbors' hands while he's still alive.

And the dark lord is having a giant ass bronze dragon fall in front of him in submission. Their symbol is an eye because why not? The author sure is a fan of the Nazis and single eyes for some reason.
Dec 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
The russia ENDs are so butt hurt about losing to Japan XD
NotJesus is using his lifespan to make the miracles :O he ill die soon so he is doing everything to civilize the monsters to fend for themselves.

Dwarves build the musket in a day and nobunaga wants a war state with every civilian a warrior, smart.
Saint Germi want to sell off their portion of Orte and all in all Hitler was good guy, finally someone gets it right.

Traps aren't gay, I swear.
Dec 9, 2016 2:58 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so they even brought dragons into the fray eh
lol the black king sure is arrogant enough to speak that way
to a dragon

Wow to think that the black king is powerful enough to subdue a dragon
man thats scary

Hmm so the Black kings power is to give life then eh
interesting

hmm so in addition to uniting the races under one banner
the black king is also teaching them languages and giving them education
and a economy eh
Man this guys one hell of a forward thinker

hmm and the weird count finally arrives on scene then eh
man that carriage is eye catching

lol the dwarves sure recovered pretty quickly
lol Yoichi drunk is kinda funny

watching the dwarves analyse the musket as they try and figure out
the problem is interesting though as is the ideas that they come up with
as they analyse it

Hmm bows and crossbows while easy to use have trouble dealing with armored
and fast moving enemies and require great skill to use effectively
Muskets though are cheaper and are easy to use
of course the problem is actually creating them in the first place
seeing Nobu tongue tied is quite funny though

Hmm so Joan survived then eh
well she was spared by Toyo after all so she's bound to
its interesting to see that Anastasia does care for Joan

Thats some high praise coming from the dwarves but Japan's weapon smiths
were really skilled and still are

wow managing to completely understand how something works
and replicating it and making i all in one day
thats the dwarves for you
ten muskets a day eh
thats like 70 within a week

hmm apart from providing blacksmiths they also also provided
some good and hardy soldiers too eh

the count and his men are still just as weird
lol Hannibal just showing up and fitting the exact image that the minion was
looking for
Lol the second minion as well

lol the count came to sell of the Ote empire and giving a discount as well
he's like some weird salesmen lol

hmm destroying Ote with one blow will be hard unless you know
where you will hit it that will hurt it the most
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
Jack_Corvus96 said:
I don't know, from the Ova I saw a different story from what I have seen so far on this Anime, I feel a bit... disappointed is the word? Comedy is out of place and destroys the dark tone it uses i hope the next episodes are better (dunno how many will it be)

Considering it's from the author of Hellsing, the shitty comedy bits will be there right until the end.
Dec 9, 2016 4:23 PM

May 2015
Hmm, felt like it was one of the weaker episodes. Guess it was decent for a buildup episode though.

Dec 9, 2016 5:27 PM

Jun 2015
Black King's power is very powerful. He forced the Bronze Dragon to join him. He is even using the bronze from it to make weapons. He can also make an infinitely amount of food. He is going to be tough to take down. Drunk Yoichi was hilarious xD So now the count wants the Drifters to take over Orte. That is interesting.
Dec 9, 2016 7:20 PM
May 2016
The muskets are already made in a short time, dwarves surely are impressive. Oda's evil face shook them off. St. Germi selling out the orte, I wonder what happened to orte to make him sell them out. The dimensional pathway is kinda something. Well an alright episode.
Dec 9, 2016 8:09 PM

Oct 2015
Orte is going down in 2 episode ;)
Dec 10, 2016 3:41 AM

Jan 2016
The comedy and power is no joke, really hilarious and thrilling and then you have these idots xD
i also recommend nanbaka prison for them xD

damn those Dwarfs are massively badass as fuuuuck! and fast 10 muskets a day and maybe more o.O cant wait for next week!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 10, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
Hmmm it was an okay episode.

Black King is too OP.
Dec 10, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
Ok now that we've finally gotten more screen time for Saint-Germi and his men, they're really funny. Love these guys.
Dec 10, 2016 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
animefan8800 said:

It's funny you call him "End Jesus" because his powers are clearly biblical. He turned Gilles de Rais into a pile of salt. That's the same fate that Lot's wife met in the fall of Sodom and Gamorrah by God. Jesus can heal wombs and generate life. Apparently, the Black King came out of nowhere. Maybe Jesus is a Drifter, too and is the end all be all of Easy's plan.

Dec 10, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
that's a smart way of thinking up a new kind of power...of course the power to create life has been shown here and there but..to improve it until the stage of it being called Cancer...hats off to the Creators!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.