Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 3, 2016 4:10 PM

Apr 2014
poppyface said:
Milk_is_Special said:
I'd fuck him in the ass, definitely no homo.

same no homo

he's practically a trap anyways
That's probably why he was even designed that way. Gotta give some of the fangirls something to write fanfics about.
Dec 3, 2016 4:56 PM

May 2016
Those dwarfs reminds me of World of Warcraft :D
Dec 3, 2016 5:00 PM
Jan 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
I believe Black King was a simple man like Toyohisa, who was betrayed by the humanity and saw evil in them. It simply would not make any sense making him a major historical or mythical figure, but was he a simple man fed up with inhumane humanity, trying to bring "justice" to oppressed species, would not it send the message across? In the end, it's all about the symbol, the message.

I think it's already heavily hinted that the Black King was

I really hope this is 2 cours, 1 is too short.
zenograffDec 3, 2016 5:08 PM
Dec 3, 2016 6:21 PM
May 2016
Freeing the dwarves went well. Oda really was an amazing strategist, and Toyohisa was a really good commander. Huh?! The monster are farming. Black King doesnt want to destroy the world but to be a savior for those monster.
Dec 4, 2016 10:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Crystall ball, the telephone more advanced, without contracts!!!! xD
Dec 4, 2016 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
lol that carriage in the beginning
man the minister and his aides are weird

hmm satchel charges eh
well they sure are handy now
thats what nobu was aiming for eh

that battle cry though was really something
explosive arrows as well eh plus misdirection

hmm the armored enemies though look tough
is this their elite guard i wonder
hmm the armored corps eh
thats a pretty apt name

and as swiftly as they appeared were they defeated
nice work olmine

nice creating stepping stones with Olmine's spells and Yoichi's
archery
that was a great tactic from Nobu

An interesting theory Nobu has there though
if the drifters bring technology and perspective
what do the ends bring

its nice to see the elves disregard the grudges
between the two races though and think of the bigger picture

looks like the dwarfs had it worst than the elves judging by that room
hmm freeing them and feeding them before marching off
smart move

lol Nobu's one man act was so funny
lol using the threat of being devoured against the enemy eh
lol and that worked as well

and thats the dwarfs rescued and the enemies main armory destroyed too

hmm so the black king is eradicating humanity while teaching the other races how
to be self sufficient eh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 2007
The constant need to pause the video and catch all the dialogues (every single words) might be my only downside.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2016
poppyface said:
mmmm I do have to say Yoichi is a very beautiful man

no homo

I dont particulary like him or dislike him but I still can't overcome it, I thought he is a woman, till episode 6 or something.
Dec 4, 2016 9:41 PM
Aug 2014
Martin_Taylor said:
poppyface said:

no homo

I dont particulary like him or dislike him but I still can't overcome it, I thought he is a woman, till episode 6 or something.

Hah, I thought the same at first. I think someone called him a guy in the first couple episodes though.

It's odd that MAL doesn't have an episode count. I hope that means they're gonna keep going.
I'm not saying Steins;Gate has to be your favourite show. But if you don't like it I'll have to drown you in Dr Pepper.

Sometimes I forget to check back when I post. If you really think I need to hear something it's best to just send me a message.
Dec 5, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2015
Great episode, full of amazing animations and intense scenes...
Nobunaga is such a beatuful character,I love his brilliant and insane strategies.
One of the best anime of the season so far...I hope it will continue on this right track,because I'm sure that I'm going to read all manga's chapters
Dec 5, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2015
Amine-EusTass said:
It's Start to become boring , Bad copy of Hellsing

I think drifters is more entertaining in terms of plot and development,while hellsing have better fights and more craziness. Both anime's have good characters and a lot of synergy between them.
Dec 5, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2016
Good thing these races and classes appear, it reminds me when I play to warcraft
Dec 6, 2016 1:28 AM

Dec 2016
Pakumen- said:
Amine-EusTass said:
It's Start to become boring , Bad copy of Hellsing

I think drifters is more entertaining in terms of plot and development,while hellsing have better fights and more craziness. Both anime's have good characters and a lot of synergy between them.

Another thing that stands out in Drifters for me is strategic warfare.
Dec 6, 2016 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
Oda's supposedly comedic scenes are getting boring and irritating. I find the comedy involving the elves to be funnier than anything with him

Toyohisa is such a one dimensional character. I don't see him progressing much as a character. Oda progressed more than him and he's my least favorite character with his overused oppai jokes.

And I'm guessing Black King is Jeebuz Christ but like a darker version of him.

Milk_is_Special said:
poppyface said:

no homo
I'd fuck him in the ass, definitely no homo.

This comic sums up my life. I love it. I love you, no homo.
臭い-
Dec 8, 2016 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome! That's how you save dwarfs!
Dec 8, 2016 3:37 AM

Jan 2011
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth"
Dec 9, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
Once again, Shimazu was awesome. His action just after released the dwarves was so smart to motivate the army and afraid the foes.
Nobunaga is great even if he stays behind.
It's my favorite of the season, so far, I really hope they will do the second season
Dec 9, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2010
They could all be monsters if they thought about it. But anyways the ends or drifters is all the same. One just trying to preserve which ever they think is for the best.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 11, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
The forces are coming together, now they just need some dragons.
Jan 5, 2017 8:19 AM

Nov 2015
The strategies of Nobunaga are pretty impressive.
I am enjoying the anime more and more, it's slowly going from a 6 to a 7.

5/5
Jan 8, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
Looks like the ends and drifters both have their reasons for this however noble they are.
---------My Profile------------
Jan 13, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 2012
How dare that commander not do the honorabru thing by disembowling himself.
Jan 16, 2017 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
Lesson learned : when Toyohisa tells you to commit sudoku seppuku, you do it.

I'm still flabbergast over the fact that they all decided to have a meal in the middle of enemy territory lol.
Jan 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Oct 2008
i'm delayed because of [Some-Stuffs] subs
damn! this show keeps getting better and better!
5/5.

Jan 22, 2017 3:39 PM

Jul 2009
Making use of those explosives to go free the Dwarves. That was actually over much faster than I anticipated, but I guess their new tech is pretty helpful :P Using the stone charms as stairs to get up the castle was pretty sweet XD I can't believe they just started eating in the middle of the castle ... Nobunaga's definitely confused with all the people around him XD Especially with the communications device too! He really has a tactical mind :P Toyohisa "helps" the lord die for giving up the castle but at least he let the others go. Looks like the Ends are planning something too, starting agriculture huh? ALSO DRAGON!!! Wonder where this is gonna go now :O
Jan 29, 2017 1:51 AM

Mar 2015
And the Dwarves are rescued! Things are looking good for the Drifters but no doubt that the Ends also have something cooking
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode again, up to the next one!
Apr 30, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode. The way Nobunagas letting the elves using the gunpowder was awesome. Explosive arrows and bombs made it easy for the to charge this castle where the dwarfs have to build weapons.

The way Toyohisa used the stonewalls of Olmine was great. He has a god given talent for warfare. Pretty interesting how Hannibal showed Nobunaga the way they could overcome the first gate. "Oi kiddo" xD

Yoichi showed again his fantastic skills with the bow and created stairs. Easy way to come into the castle. The dwarfs looked pretty wasted. I can't believe Toyohisa made a dinner even if they hadn't even taken over the castle lol. Nobunaga was also extremely fascinated the way he can communicate know. And it's true for the magicians it's an absolute normal thing to do, but the possibilities you have in war with it, especially if you came from an time line where this doesn't exist are endless. Everyone of the Drifters thinks in so different ways it's cool interesting to see what they can in given situations.

Toyohisas intimidation towards the last guards in that building was really successful, especially him throwing the bone inside that building to show them what will happen if they don't give up. The scene after where he said that Yoichi no longer is an attendant of anyone and that this was their fight was really cool, I liked that a lot.

We also saw at the end to people of the magicians who spy out the dark king. Seems like these monsters are farmers now lol.

Aug 5, 2017 8:40 AM

May 2016
Gunpowder bombs and explosive arrows made a wonderful firework show~ The stone walls being used to enclose the heavy unit and blow them up like beef in a pot of boiling water was impressive. Just when Nobunaga was doubting Hannibal's skills, he did a simple hand gesture that pointed out the one way they can get in~

It's really true that despite we get impressed on normal stuff being used in a different way, we take technology for granted. Abe being in his late 80s and still looking like that and being pervy to Boobienu wow.

After working in literal concentration camps, they don't care who gets them out of this mess anymore. The first thing they did after being liberated was eating everything. If the guards stayed a bit longer, they'd turn into gunpowder too xD

The Black King's second coming is not what I had in mind back at the last chapters of the book if ya know what I mean lol

Aug 12, 2017 11:08 PM

May 2013
LOL that's how you know Toyohisa is strong if he can eat mid-battle xD

Yaasssss. Protect my bby Yoichi's smile :'D
<333
Sep 9, 2017 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
They saved the dwarves, really nice.
That dragon looks amazing!
Jan 23, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
I just LOVE the team work these guys have going on. It's honestly really impressive, between Toyohisa and Nobunaga I don't know who's better. I'm really glad they managed to free the dwarfs.
Mar 27, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
Toyohisa is king, really love the believable approach to some things, no way the malnourished dwarves can fight, the soldiers had no choice but to surrender, lol at the commander thinking he could go scott free, Leave your head!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 6, 2018 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
I just love Toyo's japanese. It sounds so special and traditional

The way he cut that commander's head... damn ruthless
Jan 15, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
The attack went better than I expected. Nice also some jokes, especially the one on the preparation of gunpowder.
Mar 10, 2019 7:32 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
what an epic fight
omg i am so hyped beautiful

Feb 20, 2020 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
Fun abuse of the wall technique.

Also that's a pretty big dragon.
Jul 11, 2020 7:20 AM

May 2018
I get it now! Jesus must love furries xD
Sep 2, 2020 11:03 PM
Oct 2019
Toyohisa is Nic Brown from the anime "GANGSTA.". Love that anime and love Nic.

Drifters just keeps on trucking.
Nov 10, 2020 3:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shimazu was just extremely epic in this episode, this dude is incredible
May 28, 2022 8:31 PM
Mar 2022
Toyohisa is a true demon on the battlefield, not only is he a skilled swordsman and a warrior to his bones. He is also a cleaver taction as shown by his order to retreat when the Armoured guard showed up at the gates. Without any hesitation after analyzed the situation. He didn't waste any time in using the resources around him, to wipe them all out by trapping them in a circle of stone walls. So much for the heavy infantry...

It was heartwarming to see that Yoichi treated as and equal by Toyohisa. Unlike his previous master who gave him such orders without honor. Toyohisa is a true samurai warrior, who many can respect and would follow to the depths of hell...
Apr 11, 2023 11:49 AM
May 2020
and just like that the dwarves are freed
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM

Oct 2022
Watching all characters use their skills in battle is exhilarating. It gets a little annoying watching everyone acknowledging Toyos battlefield instincts repeatedly tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.