Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Norman's multilayered keikaku was too much for Ray who is the traitor but also helped them.
Ray looking pretty edgy at the end.
Oct 31, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
I'm sure Ray has his reasons but now, there's no reason to trust him at all anymore. Sad, this is indeed the worst case scenario for the kids, and the best case scenario for the enemy..
Oct 31, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah Ray's getting 3edgy5me.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 31, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
Norman pulled off quite the plan to trap Ray there.

I was really hoping Ray wouldn't be the spy but he is, Atleast he's not a completely loyal one. If he's still helping them subtly, I guess there's hope after all. Surely going so far as to be the real initiator of the escape plan must mean he is not completely loyal to Mama. Let's see what his true reasons are.

I really liked how Emma's words played a major role in Norman's approach to the situation.
Oct 31, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
So Ray is the spy after all, that's a big surprise, i honestly didn't expect him to be one.
Though i'm glad that he isn't completely evil, he still values his friends and didn't give all of the information to mama. I'm looking forward to seeing why he works for her and how did he become her spy in the first place .-.
Oct 31, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
IMO he knows the truth about this world and this truth is really bad. I think Mama's offered him something better that this what he can get for escaping with them, probably outside world is cruel (full of demons or something) and he can become babysitter (he's a man but idk) or somehow become safety. He definitely has a reason to be a spy, but I think in the end he'll stay by their side.
Oct 31, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2015
Ray is the spy. inb4 he is a yandere
Oct 31, 2016 2:44 PM

Dec 2009
I really fucking like this multilayered twist that is happening with Ray. He's both the spy but has also been helping them this whole time too, essentially playing both sides in a way. Think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite Jump series, hopefully an anime happens in the future, seems almost guaranteed at this point.
Oct 31, 2016 3:10 PM
Jun 2013
Thar chapter was smokin !!

Ray is the best !
Oct 31, 2016 3:42 PM
May 2014
This manga is so damn smart! plot twist after plot twist. However this complicated and complex thinking in this chapter reminded me of one big issue that I have with this (otherwise incredible) series and that is the age of those three kids. 12 is just too young for this inteligence (both in terms of logical thinking and also emotional thinking) I realy hope that we will find out that they are trully special in some way, because i work with kids and some of them are indeed smart but this is just unreal (I know its manga but still it kinda bugs me).
btw am I the only one who thinks that madam Isabella is incredibly hot? :P :D
Oct 31, 2016 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
im actually REALLY glad that Ray is not completely evil and actually probably on the good side (or else i see no reason why he would actually try to help emma and norman by not telling Mama everything), i like the kid and idk but i find the idea of him being one of the antagonists kinda... boring? just let the kid be good, i like the three Mcs friendship.

I hope his reason for being Mama's spy is that he really has no other choice but to do it. Maybe Mama is blackmailing him in some way? Im so curious actually ahhh let's see, i hope it's not a disappointing reason but so far this manga hasn't disappointed me in the slightest so i have hig hopes
Oct 31, 2016 6:28 PM
Mar 2014
Norman is a madman and I love it.
Oct 31, 2016 8:39 PM
Aug 2015
I like how calm Norman eventhough he already knew that one of his bestfriend is the spy o:
Oct 31, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
Really like ray, hopefully he has a good reason for siding with mama.
Some say he might be her son which sounds interesting..
Nov 1, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
So Kira vs L again? I hope next chapters continue with these mindgames.

Inb4 Ray is mama's son, his personality makes a lot of sense to side with Mama but let's see what's the real reason is.
Nov 1, 2016 6:41 AM

Mar 2015
the gathering information was soo fucking nice and detail, not to mention excelent intense build up... but it's kinda obvious for me... i am really interest on ray motive ut of this...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 1, 2016 8:41 AM

Dec 2012
I bet any girls jelly to Emma she got two best boy in her harem XD
Nov 2, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2016
dammn this manga is so good *-*
Nov 2, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
so hooked on this manga it's not even funny anymore lmao

just so goood
Nov 4, 2016 8:34 PM
Jun 2016
Those mindgames are freaking far fetched! It's one of the few times where i really feel like the protagonist are way way smarter than me(not that i'm a genius)
ambient666 said:
This manga is so damn smart! plot twist after plot twist. However this complicated and complex thinking in this chapter reminded me of one big issue that I have with this (otherwise incredible) series and that is the age of those three kids. 12 is just too young for this inteligence (both in terms of logical thinking and also emotional thinking) I realy hope that we will find out that they are trully special in some way, because i work with kids and some of them are indeed smart but this is just unreal (I know its manga but still it kinda bugs me).
btw am I the only one who thinks that madam Isabella is incredibly hot? :P :D

I too is amazed by their abilities but it's still plausible if you believe they all are class S genius and they played to a lot of games of strategies. I mean there is kid that go to the university at the age of 12 and still are at level so why not them being as smart than the best strategist in the worlds?
Kwowing the truth is hard but it's even harder to act accordingly and carry on the consequences of it.Like everything meaningful in life / Connaitre la verité est difficile mais le plus dure est d'agir conformément à celle-ci et d'en porter les conséquences.Comme tout ce qui à un sens dans la vie.
Dec 3, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2016
Goddammm my nigga Norman broke that Sasuke wannabe ass down
Dec 21, 2016 4:14 AM

Dec 2013
The foreshadowing in this chapter is magnificent. So many layers of planning!
Jan 11, 2017 12:29 AM
Jun 2016
Wow it feels like death note already. So it was ray, that was shocking :o.
Mar 6, 2017 12:31 AM

Mar 2015
These kids are so smart that I swear the author had adults instead of children as character, but decided to choose kids for Shounen Jump.

Mar 14, 2017 7:14 AM

Jul 2016
Well, i'm dumb. I thought Norman was the culprit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2015
One word , Epic !

It's actually amaze me how can the author made a solid plot twist like this . Even Ray is the spy .
Apr 29, 2018 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
well this chapter clears up my questions from the previous chapter. it should have been obvious that ray was the spy since he jumped in with the whole demon thing way too quickly, especially for the supposed logician he is. but it was this logical mind that made most of us not suspect him in the first place. i have a feeling the mangaka just trolled us by making them 11 year old kids and under. they clearly had a plan of intent, action, and consequence
Sep 18, 2018 3:38 PM

May 2016
Ray actually found out about the secret of the farms years ago and turned out to be a traitor all this time. That doesn't change Emma's resolve about still wanting the traitor to escape with them regardless so Norman followed suit.

Despite being a subordinate of Isabella he actually pulled the strings of everyone involved and set their game of survival in motion. If it weren't for him, they would've lived in ignorance until it was too late. Not revealing crucial details to mom was a very nice thing of him to do too because he didn't have anything to gain except from protecting their supposedly fake friendship.

Ray's gonna be a double agent now ♥

Sep 23, 2018 8:51 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Damn the seeds were planted from the start. Clever clever.

Ray molding the situation in their favor but keeping their mother in check is playing both fields well. And I kept wonder, why bring another baby to the house, now I know!
Jun 28, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2014
I dont understand why Norman suspected Ray since the Sister came. I mean, i dont understand the connection between those two things. Can someone explain what gave Ray away at that time?

I would like to buy into Norman's "Ray's actually a good guy" narrative, but then what was the psycho laugh for when he got found out?!?!?
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Aug 27, 2023 7:55 AM
Jul 2017
this is a masterpiece chapter. all the setups are paying off and deductions
Mar 3, 3:44 PM
Mar 2023
I love what's happening.
Ray is a traitor... but not really?
So many questions.
I love this rivalry between Norman and Ray so much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 181 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ya_hallo - Jun 12, 2020

173 by Lawgun »»
May 21, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.