Forum Settings
Forums

Getting BORED of anime and everything else?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2016 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
dakotasapphire said:
Lord_Sithis said:
I bought Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 because I felt like buying them, since I pirated them in Cuba and I felt bad. But I haven't played them for more than 7 hours. Mostly because I'm lazy, because I really like those games. And because I paid those nice $60, I now have no money to buy Ikaruga, a game I really want to play... So yeah, I guess I also have lack of attention span with most games.

Yeah that's me too, I own all the bioshock games because I enjoyed playing the first one but yet to actually finish it and the second and third... _o i'm sooo bad about playing games to the end.
But you just don't play the games because meh. I don't play the other games because I'm really focused on one, and if I try to play another I can't. But it's the same effect I guess, other games don't interest me that much. Even if I bought Ikaruga and Blue Revolver, two games I really want to play right now, I think I would keep playing the other game. So it's too mucb attention to one game...
Oct 15, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
Lord_Sithis said:
dakotasapphire said:

Yeah that's me too, I own all the bioshock games because I enjoyed playing the first one but yet to actually finish it and the second and third... _o i'm sooo bad about playing games to the end.
But you just don't play the games because meh. I don't play the other games because I'm really focused on one, and if I try to play another I can't. But it's the same effect I guess, other games don't interest me that much. Even if I bought Ikaruga and Blue Revolver, two games I really want to play right now, I think I would keep playing the other game. So it's too mucb attention to one game...

I've had the same experience though tbh, I got loads of games for xmas (old games that's why I got a lot) one year and I only played Dark Cloud out of all of them (Which was fun).
Oct 15, 2016 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
dakotasapphire said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I've had the same experience though tbh, I got loads of games for xmas (old games that's why I got a lot) one year and I only played Dark Cloud out of all of them (Which was fun).
Actually, disregard that. I bought Blue Revolver and I'm playing it a lot :)
Oct 15, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
dakotasapphire said:

Do you think I should start reading manga/play video games/read books for a long time and go on hiatus from anime? Or just drop any shows I find boring atm?

Yes, this always works for me. Games, LNs, manga, TV series, Western cartoons, visual novels, graphic novels, webcomics, etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2015
You suffer from a disease known as Too-much-free-time. If you're not studying then find work to do, if you're already working then you obviously have more time to work. Basically if you're not working 20 hours a day, you won't cure yourself of this illness.
Think about how much money you can make too, you can create your own otaku paradise
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 15, 2016 6:22 PM

Mar 2016
Most anime bore me, yeah. I still watch them, though.

Yaoi, however... that stuff is never boring. May be repetitive, but somehow it still holds my interest.

Find something that suits you better?
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 15, 2016 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
Currently rewatching anime as I can't find anything good. Can't wait to get my PS4-Pro in a month or two, that'll help pass time as well.
Oct 15, 2016 6:59 PM

Oct 2013
I never get bored with anime, but in my case anime is not my only hobby. I find that switching up what hobby I'm engaging in puts me in the mood for anime. I also work 5 days a week and that makes anime an escape from drudgery. If you live near any hiking spots I would encourage you to have a nice walk in the forest or other natural environment. Usually when I hike and view the natural world I return in the mood to watch a series or movie.
Oct 15, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2016
Boring?

Then do something else, there is many things you could do, than shut yourself or watchings anime alone in your room for hours and it will make you going to be insane, soon.
Oct 15, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2016
Learn to play an instrument. Write. Bake. Volunteer. Exercise. Travel.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Oct 16, 2016 12:34 AM

Aug 2009
XNoobAsianX said:
You suffer from a disease known as Too-much-free-time. If you're not studying then find work to do, if you're already working then you obviously have more time to work. Basically if you're not working 20 hours a day, you won't cure yourself of this illness.
Think about how much money you can make too, you can create your own otaku paradise

I do sleep for 8 or 9 hours so... yeah... I've got only 6 hours in a day to do anything. Rest of the time is spent working, getting ready for work or sleeping.
Oct 16, 2016 12:36 AM

Aug 2009
vriskabell said:

I know how to play most instruments. Except string instruments. Traveling is too expensive, writing isn't interesting, I have little free time to volunteer, i DON'T LIKE sweets so baked goods aren't my thing, excercising is fking boring too (but i'm thinking of riding my bike places.
Oct 16, 2016 12:41 AM

Jun 2016
The only other things I can think of are cooking and reading. Otherwise, The Sims is a great way to kill time.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Oct 16, 2016 12:47 AM

Aug 2009
vriskabell said:
The only other things I can think of are cooking and reading. Otherwise, The Sims is a great way to kill time.

I just played the sims actually and found it tiresome. Maybe I need to find a way to have fun with it.
Oct 16, 2016 1:07 AM

May 2014
dakotasapphire said:
Has this happened to you, where you've watched a lot of anime, and start to get dis-interested in them? And maybe you try to find a different medium to entertain you and it's not working? What do you do to mitigate (mend it) it? I'm just wondering because I've been having this issue for awhile where most anime are starting to just bore me and I can't get any further with them (hence my freaking huge watch list) and most were considered decent by my standards.

Do you think I should start reading manga/play video games/read books for a long time and go on hiatus from anime? Or just drop any shows I find boring atm?

This is happening to me too. I have a pretty big PTW list and take a glance occasionally, but they just don't seem interesting enough for me to watch any more.

I recommend looking into new anime, from a recent season or the current season. Usually they give a little unique twist to normal anime I would be watching since they are hot and new.

But also, if you haven't read manga yet you TOTALLY SHOULD. I wasn't a big fan of manga myself, but then I found some manga I really loved and realized what I had been missing out on. Manga is somewhat different than anime in terms of how you can really find some specific manga to suite your tastes since they aren't as hard to create and financially sustain as anime.

But also, I would really recommend kdramas. If you are into drama/romance/revenge types just let me know.
Oct 16, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2016
I had a similar problem recently and maybe it's still not fully resolved but basically the things I did to alleviate it are:

Going through my PTW list which was full of shows I only had there because they are regarded as time pieces or the best of the best and removing them. Same with anything I had put on hold that I was reluctant to drop. Basically leaving only the shows that I actually had an interest in watching.

Watching series during a season they're best suited for. For example something homey/calming for fall/winter. Of course this differs from person to person.

Not forcing myself to watch anime just to finish or keep up with something.

Taking up reading, games and other pastimes to choose from when you don't feel like watching anime. Even taking a nap works xD
Oct 16, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Yes, i imagine everyone does at some point.
I just watch series and movies with my parents, until i open up MAL and think to myself: "Hey, i could go for an anime right now".
Also i draw a lot.
Oct 16, 2016 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
vriskabell said:

That's basically saying, "get a life."

Valenthius said:

I just watch series and movies with my parents, until i open up MAL and think to myself: "Hey, i could go for an anime right now".

What kind of series you watch with you family?
Oct 16, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
I got bored of most anime a while back. I still am. I'd have it no other way; since getting bored I started analyzing everything I watched, not too much and only while actually watching the show, but it mad everything far more interesting. Finding a bad show and mocking it, looking for plot holes and otherwise looking at why I think a certain bad show is bad is infinitely more fun than I was having with seven or eight out of ten shows before I got bored of them. I do this for good shows too, though it's not as fun when the show is.
Shaking things up once in awhile always helps. I play discount Crunchyroulette (hitting the random button and watching at least an episode of whatever comes up) regularly and that never bores me, probably because I'd never willingly watch anything that comes up most of the time.
I'd recommend reading manga too, since some of it probably won't ever see an anime and there's a lot of great stuff. A lot of anime don't really do the source material justice either. Notable mentions to Beserk, Vagabond, One Piece and Onanie Master Kurosawa.
Oct 16, 2016 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Valenthius said:

What kind of series you watch with you family? [/quote]Anything that's on really. Most recently the new season of Wayward Pines.
Oct 16, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
We don't know, if you think that you need a change of pace, then go out and socialize or turn to another medium then return back to anime after the rest.
currently in a state of denial
Oct 16, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
I have the same thing. I haven't watched/read any anime/manga for months now, and not only that, my mood for even watching a movie, is pretty low. Few weeks ago, i started watching an anime movie, i watched the first half, went to sleep, and never watched the 2nd half.
2 days ago i actually watched a (live action) movie. First time in months i actually do something like that
Oct 16, 2016 8:16 AM
Oct 2016
Yup! There was a time I was binging anime non-stop since it was Christmas break but when I was watching through Higurashi, I just kinda got bored of watching in general. I tried watching others but I kinda got saturated with anime I guess?

Whenever that happens, I switch to manga or books. Manga are generally refreshing for me. When I read too much manga, I go back to anime and the cycle goes on. ^_^
Oct 16, 2016 8:43 AM

May 2015
This sounds more like anhedonia than anything else. Anhedonia is the inability to enjoy activities. Clear signs is if you can't enjoy basic things like food, sex and music. If this sounds like it applies you, maybe try professional help?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
It's the medium.
I'm bored of anime too but I love hearing japanese, I started watching some dramas, you should check them out (some are excellent)
Cheers
Oct 16, 2016 3:16 PM

Sep 2016
With some depends on the number of episodes and the story is I want an anime that made me sleep much it was Cowboy Bepop but not dropped.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
This sounds more like anhedonia than anything else. Anhedonia is the inability to enjoy activities. Clear signs is if you can't enjoy basic things like food, sex and music. If this sounds like it applies you, maybe try professional help?

Well. I'm not one to have sex a lot like other people anyways (well I'm not jumping people and I don't go to parties and yeah I don't ask people out so gl...) that's not easy to determine. Food I haven't enjoyed fully in a long time but I attribute that to lack of good food. Music I still enjoy sometimes when it's new (new to me, but I do like me some alternative british rock). I've thought about if I had that, and if I do it's very minor. Thanks though.

I did do what one person suggested though, I had been watching One Piece non-stop for a month so I decided maybe I should watch something the opposite of it, A slice of life, and maybe a couple of them. So now I'm watching pet girl, sweetness and lightening and going to watch K-on at some point.
Oct 17, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
I'm like this too but not to the same degree anymore, before I had just stopped & took a break from anime hung out with friends, do some drugs you know fun shit then came back to anime but I've stopped marathoning every single anime I watch n watch between 2 & 5 eps a day I haven't completely come back from the boredom but I'm not trying to just ignore anime anymore

This doesn't help in the question you asked op but just informing you that I'm also one of the people who have & are still going through this
Oct 17, 2016 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
Mr_Perv_ said:
I'm like this too but not to the same degree anymore, before I had just stopped & took a break from anime hung out with friends, do some drugs you know fun shit then came back to anime but I've stopped marathoning every single anime I watch n watch between 2 & 5 eps a day I haven't completely come back from the boredom but I'm not trying to just ignore anime anymore

This doesn't help in the question you asked op but just informing you that I'm also one of the people who have & are still going through this

And I appreciate you responding. <3 I was wondering if this is happening to other people too, that's great that you'd say something. I'm able to watch some of the seasonal stuff atm, Drifters (what else?) you know... But I've been watching TOO much one piece I guess and i'm seeing too much of a pattern with the show and it's starting to make me dislike anime.
Oct 17, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
dakotasapphire said:
Mr_Perv_ said:

And I appreciate you responding. <3 I was wondering if this is happening to other people too, that's great that you'd say something. I'm able to watch some of the seasonal stuff atm, Drifters (what else?) you know... But I've been watching TOO much one piece I guess and i'm seeing too much of a pattern with the show and it's starting to make me dislike anime.

I haven't watched that many shows that caused me to take a break from anime which was a good month the genres that caused this was Slice Of Life & Romance at that time I just kinda shunned anime, I was marathoning any & every Slice Of Life & Romance combo type anime I could find as of now I'm trying to stay away from that combination so I don't relapse back into staying away from anime & probably letting it go from how I had felt when I hit that point
Oct 17, 2016 2:26 PM
Jul 2014
Happened to me start reading manga it'll come back in a year or two.
Oct 17, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
Mr_Perv_ said:
dakotasapphire said:

I haven't watched that many shows that caused me to take a break from anime which was a good month the genres that caused this was Slice Of Life & Romance at that time I just kinda shunned anime, I was marathoning any & every Slice Of Life & Romance combo type anime I could find as of now I'm trying to stay away from that combination so I don't relapse back into staying away from anime & probably letting it go from how I had felt when I hit that point

Lol shtttt, That's action for me. But I did see 'my love story' and that's romcom sol and it had great art but it really turned me off to that genre too. I do like regular SOL...
Oct 17, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2015
Take a break, do something different
Oct 17, 2016 2:58 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Yup, this happens to me pretty often & since I have many interests, I try to focus on different things like playing video games, reading or watching Tv shows & movies!

I'd say take a break & focus on something else c:
-ArisaMar 14, 2018 11:52 AM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Oct 17, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
I naturally don't watch much anime nowadays just due to other commitments, but I've found not being able to watch every day, and intermittently actually makes me enjoy anime that much more, I don't have time to get bored or fatigued I just sit engrossed in every episode because I know it might be a few days before I can watch another.... so maybe just taking a break and doing other things and only watching a couple episodes here and there might stop the rot :)
Oct 17, 2016 4:23 PM
Dec 2013
Well, watching anime isn't my only hobby. I watch YouTube videos and play video games too. And I haven't gotten bored with anime yet, and there hasn't been a time where I needed to take a break from it.
Oct 21, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2015
dakotasapphire said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well. I'm not one to have sex a lot like other people anyways (well I'm not jumping people and I don't go to parties and yeah I don't ask people out so gl...) that's not easy to determine. Food I haven't enjoyed fully in a long time but I attribute that to lack of good food. Music I still enjoy sometimes when it's new (new to me, but I do like me some alternative british rock). I've thought about if I had that, and if I do it's very minor. Thanks though.

I did do what one person suggested though, I had been watching One Piece non-stop for a month so I decided maybe I should watch something the opposite of it, A slice of life, and maybe a couple of them. So now I'm watching pet girl, sweetness and lightening and going to watch K-on at some point.

Why'd you subject yourself to watching One Piece non-stop? I suggest first trying a variety of anime. Maybe One Piece's monotony has something to do with it.
Oct 21, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
dakotasapphire said:

Why'd you subject yourself to watching One Piece non-stop? I suggest first trying a variety of anime. Maybe One Piece's monotony has something to do with it.

Ever feel the need to get to the end of something? Also maybe I was trying to get to the time skip... ahaha. I did and meh... I do think the mermaid island arc would be interesting though. So I guess I'll watch the rest eventually... I didn't think One Piece was monotonous till I watched it... Also I've seen plenty of anime after one piece, most didn't keep me interested past an episode. I mean, pet girl is pretty cute...
Oct 22, 2016 12:19 AM

May 2015
dakotasapphire said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Ever feel the need to get to the end of something? Also maybe I was trying to get to the time skip... ahaha. I did and meh... I do think the mermaid island arc would be interesting though. So I guess I'll watch the rest eventually... I didn't think One Piece was monotonous till I watched it... Also I've seen plenty of anime after one piece, most didn't keep me interested past an episode. I mean, pet girl is pretty cute...

I'm interesting in getting to the end of most anime I watch. These anime are short, though. One Piece is a lifetime commitment and I think we got better things to do.
Oct 22, 2016 1:57 AM
Feb 2016
I thought that once, tried to take a break from it for a month and start watching movies instead. It failed, now I watch movies when I have the time, and anime when I don't (which is most of the time). My days of binge-watching anime are over, I think. :I

Anyways, watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's really good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
17 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
17 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.