Oct 9, 2016 1:12 PM
Nov 2015
ichii_1 said:
>no OPM and LL sunshine

Awful.

Opm aired and ended in 2015
Oct 9, 2016 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
@Dab1za9 I see. I should have checked the original information. Thank you.
Oct 9, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2015
> Best Female Seiyuu
> no Rie Takahashi

This voting is invalid!
Oct 9, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2016
Best TV Anime (Top 10)

Macross Δ

Best Director

Shoji Kawamori, Kenji Yasuda (Macross Δ)

Shit taste confirmed.
Oct 9, 2016 2:41 PM
Jul 2015
YK97 said:
ultravigo said:

Literally a failed version of Attack on titan not to mentioned that awful 2nd half.

Oh damn... I dropped AoT. Should I watch it then? *highly skeptical*

I recommend that you watch Train to busan instead of attack on trains. It's much better and you wont be disappointed.
Oct 9, 2016 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
moaml_salm said:
ichii_1 said:
>no OPM and LL sunshine

Awful.

Opm aired and ended in 2015

Still counts.

The participants were anime and anime movies that aired or opened between October 2015 and September 2016.
Oct 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
iVanz said:
YK97 said:

Oh damn... I dropped AoT. Should I watch it then? *highly skeptical*

I recommend that you watch Train to busan instead of attack on trains. It's much better and you wont be disappointed.

I heard good things about Train to Busan but I don't think it's in the alley of my interest. :(
Oct 9, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
Kimi no na wa up there as expected ^^

Planetarian also quite high, that's also worth mentioning.
Oct 9, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
I couldn't really watch Kabaneri beyond episode 5 so I don't know how the heck it became top 10. The first two episodes were pretty interesting, but the next three took major plummet and I lost my interest. Have no intention of picking up.

I really enjoyed Re:Zero and KonoSuba. I think KonoSuba remained entertaining from the start to the finish (and I am glad we are getting a sequel). However, Re:Zero kind of became a bit stale ever since that whale-hunting arc began and didn't really pick the story up since then.

Gintama was sh!t, was it not? Funny how it won fans award as the best anime in TAAF2016 as well. Did MAL invade Japan or what?! I thought it was supposed to stay sh!t and is only rated higher by MAL users. For a crappy comedy anime, I think it was the only anime that brought me to tears in the entire calendar year.

Out of the other anime in the list, I think I will watch HSF. The rest are sequels I plan to watch eventually. Especially Monogatari Series.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 9, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2013
Ehh, better Kabaneri than Re:Zero. At least there's still some love for Durarara and Araki is still a great director.
Rakugo is clearly the best show of the past year, but didn't really expect to see it on the list.

But how is Haikyuu S2 not on the list though?
Oct 9, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
Newtype awards should be made invalid. These anime list are just a bunch of hype series which have an average plot and character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
Here is my sh!t taste from the period of time specified:
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 9, 2016 4:44 PM

Mar 2015
How people never accepted different taste is more awful then the list it self IMHO...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 9, 2016 5:58 PM
Oct 2015
The participants were anime and anime movies that aired or opened between October 2015 and September 2016.

Wow Shitneri wins alot and OPM isn't even listed.

I can't take this Award seriously.
Oct 9, 2016 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
Many of the lists aren't complete in the OP of this thread. Here are the rest, which are available in the link provided by this thread.

Best Male Character
SATOU Kazuma (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
MINASHIRO Soushi (Soukyuu no Fafner EXODUS)
KANDA Yuu (D.Gray-man HALLOW)
ORIHARA Izaya (Durarara!!x2)
TENNOUJI Kotarou (Rewrite)

Best Female Character
Megumin (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
Lenalee LEE (D.Gray-man HALLOW)
NARUSE Jun (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.)
Emilia (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Celty STURLUSON (Durarara!!x2))

Best Mascot
Sadaharu (Gintama)
Elizabeth (Gintama)
Chibimosu (Rewrite)
Momo neko-sama (Tamayura ~Sotsugyou Shashin~)
Normin Tenzoku (Tales of Zestiria the X)
Bokorareguma (Girls und Panzer Gekijouban)

Best Male Seiyuu
SUGITA Tomokazu
MIYANO Mamoru
ISHIDA Akira
SAKURAI Takahiro
MURASE Ayumu

Best Female Seiyuu
TAKAHASHI Rie
SENBONGI Sayaka
NATSUKAWA Shiina
SAKAMOTO Maaya
YUUKI Aoi

Best Theme Song
"Ichido dake no Koi nara" by Walküre (MacrossΔ)
"Philosophyz" by MIZUTANI Runa (Rewrite)
"SAKURA Skip" by fourfolium (NEW GAME!)
"Korekara ~Uta to Piano~" by SAKAMOTO Maaya (Tamayura Sotsugyou Shashin)
"DEAD OR ALIVE" by angela (Soukyuu no Fafner EXODUS)

Best Studio
Kyoto Animation
Bones
Sunrise
Production IMS
A-1 Pictures
EjcOct 9, 2016 6:58 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 9, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
Antanaru said:
Wow, so much mediocrity and crap there, I'm surprised they even posted the results. Readers seem to confuse "best" with "most hyped".

And this surprises you?

This happens literally every year.
Oct 9, 2016 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
@D-ohnuts

Not really, years ago this award was the most relevant and anticipated. I remember binge watching all the winners and were satisfied enough, the award took horible direction probably around 2002 when SEED took literally everything, then somewhat saved by FMA and cough K-ON cough, until Inazuma Eleven happened then I stopped caring.
Oct 9, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
>no OPM and LL sunshine

Awful.

Finally I've found a friend.

Oct 9, 2016 9:09 PM

Aug 2016
Eh. Is Kabaneri really that horrible?
Oct 9, 2016 10:59 PM

Nov 2007
Antanaru said:
Wow, so much mediocrity and crap there, I'm surprised they even posted the results. Readers seem to confuse "best" with "most hyped".

I'm more surprised that you are confused between subjectivity and objectivity. The results may not adhere to your tastes, but they were at least determined by using a poll, rather than your own opinion. The poll is as objective as it could possibly be, given the limitations (the results would be more accurate if NewType magazine had a wider range of readers, but what can you do). Get off your high horse and stop being an elitist.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 9, 2016 11:03 PM
Feb 2012
For a second I was worried there, what with seemingly retards sitting on the selection panel, but in the end it turned out to be yet another popularity contest falsely listed as "awards".
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 10, 2016 3:00 AM
Sep 2013
SUNTEARS said:
@D-ohnuts

Not really, years ago this award was the most relevant and anticipated. I remember binge watching all the winners and were satisfied enough, the award took horible direction probably around 2002 when SEED took literally everything, then somewhat saved by FMA and cough K-ON cough, until Inazuma Eleven happened then I stopped caring.

It was relevant years ago because Newtype was very big among anime otaku,nowadays it is one of obscure magazines even among anime otaku.
Oct 10, 2016 3:47 AM

Mar 2015
umashikaneko said:
SUNTEARS said:
@D-ohnuts

It was relevant years ago because Newtype was very big among anime otaku,nowadays it is one of obscure magazines even among anime otaku.
i always heard bad things from any manga magazine thus far from some years.. is there any good news from any magazine?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 10, 2016 6:01 AM
May 2012
Kuma said:
How people never accepted different taste is more awful then the list it self IMHO...

sigh...

God, I'm getting sick of these comments. Whatever it happens, they won't accepted at all. I mean it's hard to take this as a fact.

I mean when typical fandom negativity are so strong right now.. I can't believe they just try to find something to bitch about these days.

different people, different perception I guess...

Fucking pessimistic pricks...
JafriZinOct 10, 2016 6:08 AM
Oct 10, 2016 6:02 AM

Apr 2011
Durarara!!x2 does not deserve to be on there..... and I can't help but feel that Kimi no Nawa is yet another of Makoto Shinkai's overly hyped romance that only succeeds in visuals and making people cry (which pretty much everyone seems to be capable of).
Oct 10, 2016 6:22 AM

May 2012
Antanaru said:

Jojo, Re:zero, Kono Subarashii, Kabaneri etc. If those are mediocre then what are the good anime in 2016 that deserve an award. I think Boku no Hero Academia should have been in the list instead of Durarara!!x2 or High School Fleet but you probably think that it is mediocre anime any way

Your favorite anime look like sh*t. Sound like you only enjoy boring slice of life anime. Byousoku 5 Centimeter is one of the most boring movie I ever seen

ichii_1 said:
>no OPM and LL sunshine

Awful.

OPM came out in 2015

YK97 said:
Madonis said:
I don't personally care about this award, but I am still laughing at the overly exaggerated Kabaneri hate all the same.

I didn't watch it yet. What should I look out for and what's the hate?

Do not listen to haters. The show was very entertaining. Just watch the first or two episodes and if you do not like it then drop it.
thepathOct 10, 2016 6:28 AM
Oct 10, 2016 7:15 AM
May 2012
thepath said:
YK97 said:

I didn't watch it yet. What should I look out for and what's the hate?

Do not listen to haters. The show was very entertaining. Just watch the first or two episodes and if you do not like it then drop it.

You know what, I cannot believe I'm the only one who were actually care about that Kabaneri until I obsessed that show for some reason...

I mean my god, I saw a bunch of comments who were basically an elitist people who really ticks me off @ThePath. I mean I've noticed that a lot of people online are very pessimistic to me. With so many sarcasm, mockeries & discrimation, it's easy to bitch about stuff they hate. In fact, I couldn't take it anymore because they just don't give a damn about my feelings about those shows lately.

Oh well, better than nothing.

GEEZ...

PS - My comments are based on my observations not facts. IF you have a problem with me (including you people out there), let's discuss personally via private message so we can talk peacefully. I'm not trying to start a war here, I just want a serious discussion, not an argument with crazy ad hominem which it really hurt my feelings. Even though I'm simply a big fan of anime.
JafriZinOct 10, 2016 7:49 AM
Oct 10, 2016 8:01 AM

Sep 2013
thepath said:

ichii_1 said:
>no OPM and LL sunshine

Awful.

OPM came out in 2015

OPM came out in Oct 2015 which is eligible for this award.
Oct 10, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Ejc said:

Many of the lists aren't complete in the OP of this thread. Here are the rest, which are available in the link provided by this thread.

Best Studio
Kyoto Animation
Bones
Sunrise
Production IMS ???
A-1 Pictures

Eh? Seriously? get out.
Those filthy perverts had taste of garbage .
And why no Production I.G. if there's Wit Studio?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 10, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Symptomatic said:
Eh. Is Kabaneri really that horrible?

Nope, it's a decent series imo. 6/10 series.
Oct 10, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2011
Ejc said:

Best Male Character
SATOU Kazuma (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
MINASHIRO Soushi (Soukyuu no Fafner EXODUS)
KANDA Yuu (D.Gray-man HALLOW)
ORIHARA Izaya (Durarara!!x2)
TENNOUJI Kotarou (Rewrite)

Aha so that's where he is. My personal favourite male character of the year I think.

Thanks for posting the lower rankings by the way.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 10, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Only 3 of the 5 shows selected for best mecha design actually have humanoid mechs in them... Japan pls.
Oct 10, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
thepath said:
Your favorite anime look like sh*t
That's rich coming from someone like you. I took a look at your list and boy, oh boy, you sure look like a Newtype person.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 10, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2015
BEST GIRL REM !!
, also kabaneri of the iron fortess ....is just a no-no...

Oct 10, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
wew that's just sad
Oct 10, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri totally deserves the winning place!
Oct 10, 2016 2:29 PM
Oct 2010
RavenxChaser said:

AGREE! but not in screenplay and best anime award..
i still feel re zero should be the one...

but i guess jap love zombies and trains more than dark theme psychology genre
Oct 10, 2016 3:20 PM
May 2012
moncikoma said:
RavenxChaser said:

Welp, whatever floats your boat I guess....
JafriZinOct 10, 2016 3:32 PM
Oct 10, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2014
Wait Kabaneri is numba 1?
Bullshit there is even a post criticising the whole show!
Oct 10, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
JeffreyZin said:
moncikoma said:

Welp, whatever floats your boat I guess....

Haters gonna hate
Oct 10, 2016 4:05 PM
May 2012
RavenxChaser said:
Haters gonna hate

I don't know.. I really can't tell about it since people here these days had a different reactions/perceptions based on their POVs (Point of views). Otherwise they'll blame me that I was the one who were started the 'war' & it hurts my feelings (Like I said in my last post, am I being ignored again anyway?).
JafriZinOct 10, 2016 5:03 PM
Oct 10, 2016 4:12 PM
Apr 2016
I am pleased with the results, stop shitting on the Japanese opinions - their the ones these anime are catered to after all :)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#Talklessdomore
Oct 10, 2016 5:05 PM
May 2012
Alex_Neil93 said:
I am pleased with the results, stop shitting on the Japanese opinions - their the ones these anime are catered to after all :)

Yeah, I mean I just really don't get about this since then, really.

Like I said, I'm sick & tired of these comments lately because there's always negativity, butthurt & bitching goin on over everything (Don't blame me because of this.). God, I feel terrible really.
Oct 10, 2016 8:28 PM
Feb 2015
Ahhhhh Macross Delta should be number one <_< In my opinion Deltas tied with Super Lovers & Watashi ga Motete on being the best anime aired/airing this year !!

Hoping with Deltas popularity we get a Movie!! :D
Oct 10, 2016 8:43 PM

May 2015
it only makes sense for Japan to have shit taste to feul up even more shit anime in the future
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 10, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
so depressing. seems anime fans in japan somehow have worse taste that anime fans on MAL
Oct 10, 2016 10:47 PM
Mar 2015
probably it helps being original anime,both best tv & movie are original ,not adaptation.
Oct 11, 2016 12:40 AM

Oct 2010
This is a fan voting isn't it? From an objective viewpoint, Rakugo sits very easily on the No.1 spot
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Oct 11, 2016 3:01 AM

Apr 2016
Yaaaasss Saori Hayami my favorite seiyuu of all time
Oct 11, 2016 3:18 AM

Oct 2015
Wow look at Gundumb IBLOL got rekt by macross besides their mecha designs IBO didn't listed in top 10 anime

also Delta tops IBO sales ftw
Sorry Gundam era is over. Japanese are loving more Aldnoah and Delta than Ibo.
Also Gundam is declining on tv series since shits like AGE and G-Reco (I didn't compare tvs to ova like Unicorn since it's not fair)

Kabaneri is shit on second half just like Gundum Destiny

Hooray for Macross Delta and Re:Zero

I ain't trolling but it's true
SaltyShoebillOct 11, 2016 5:16 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.