Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
Solid adaptation.
But even if I'm satisfied, well, I can't tell why, but I found much more emotions in manga. It's not that they changed something essential in Anime. No, they don't. But... I can't explain it...
The art was pretty nice. Really, some face deformations are not changing the fact that visually it was beautiful. I prefer something like that than using shitty 3DCG for budget savings. It will be corrected in bluray release anyway, instead to 3DCG which most likely wouldn't be removed in final product.
I don't know how I rate it. I want to give it 8/10 but it was a little too lacking for 8/10. If I wouldn't read the manga, I would rate it 8/10 probably. I don't know, 8/10 for now.
rsc-plSep 25, 2016 12:21 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
Whoo boy! That was a not-so-wild ride huh guys? The ending was lackluster, the whole time traveling letter plothole (The Bermuda Triangle? Wut?) was never resolved, and the Heroine had a Ph.D in obliviousness and was a little bitch about her feelings when there's a human life on the line. All that stuff was necessary to keep the show going and add drama, but it just felt off to me. With how much the manga was hyped up before this show came out I guess I was expecting too much, but it was good overall I guess. Not average, not amazing, just good.
Sep 25, 2016 12:23 PM
Nov 2015
What baffles me so much is the difference in score between this and the manga. There are virtually no differences, so why?

Anyways, I really wanted to like this series. Like REAAAAAAAAAALLY wanted to. So much to the point that I'm still considering pretending I liked it and giving it a high score. But I can't. It's just overdramatic shoujo with time travel and suicide thrown in to make it feel more grown up. But, like al shoujo, at it's core it's just a romantic fantasy story written by an author that is still convinced she's in high school; still convinced love always wins.

5/10

Aug 2016
Shoonokums said:
Good adaptation though the manga is definitely better. Since we're getting a movie which will be some sort of a recap but it's from Suwa's POV instead, do you guys think the new scenes that we'll be getting from the movie is about Future Suwa or would it be about Future Kakeru?

if they dont show some future kakeru scenes im not watching the movie o_o

Nov 2007
ok so...the first few episodes of this anime were fantastic. The last two were pretty nice too...but the middle sure ruined this anime for me. But still,it was the only anime i kept up with this season (besides Fudanshi etc lol).
Also,hope no one takes this as a recipe on how to deal with suicidal person......
Sep 25, 2016 12:35 PM
Jun 2016
A farewell to Orange

Very interesting drama, I must say, and it was a good thing Kakeru lives (or i mught just be planning a trip to a certain house to register my displeasure.

Anyway, the lessons learnt from this fair anime is simple

1.Miracles are not caused by special people....they are made/caused by flawed human beings who do not think highly of themselves

2.I love you is the most powerful phrase in the universe....it has the power to create new worlds, and change lives in the process

3.Everyone needs someone. That goes for everyone (especially chronic loners like me!)

4.Somehow....time travel works...and there is a black hole somewhere in the Atlantic ocean where I can send a message to my 16 year old self saying...Go out with the girl in E class....it would do you a world of good...(ok, I am being funny here!)

A bit slow-paced though....and I still think that Future Naho put too much pressure on Past Naho to ''save Kakeru''. That's a big ask.....what if on receiving the letter Past Naho gets angry...and decides to say....So what? It is really none of my business to be the Goddess of Help for Suicidal Persons ! I have a life after all, etc and etc..(And as we saw from the last episode,Kakeru deciding to kill himself had nothing to do with Naho and co....)

But the fact that Naho and Suwa and company decide to act on their love for Kakeru to save him....is what prevents a tragedy from happening. As Kakeru says....he was about to do himself in....but he remembered the love and consideration and friendship that all his friends showed him....ie their feelings reached him....and he decided not to go through with it.

Despite the sci-fi plot hole,and the whole pressure thing....I rate this anime 8/10. It is a great show....full of wisdom.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Sep 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
6/10 for the anime. Could have been much better, I mean the plot.
Sep 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't get the feel at all...
never mind, hope the movie goes well.

Sep 25, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Hagita x Azu in the movie? :D Azu seems to not mind since day zero and Hagita is obviously in love with her but it's going to be hard to get him to confess.

Fufufu this was pretty good imo idk i'm more of a story person idc if the animation was a bit off but the drama and tension got me sticking m8 so 8.5/10 (9/10 on mal) for me.
Sep 25, 2016 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
It's unfortunate I didn't like Orange more, because it really is my kind of show.

First of all the whole time travel stuff feels stupid and doesn't sit right with me even though I know it's just a device the show uses to be able to tell the story it wants to, but that's just a minor complaint.

More importantly, the story is just way too stretched out. Without going into how annoying the never ending non-development in Naho and Kakeru's relationship was, it felt like half of the material was redundant and completely unmemorable, probably even more, and it completely killed my investment in the plot and characters.

Speaking of the characters, it was very frustrating how they kept making dumb mistakes all throughout the show (mainly Naho and Kakeru), those actions might be understandable if you dig deep, but the show itself just doesn't do enough to make the characters more sympathetic and bring them closer to the audience, they always felt emotionally distant to me. This is especially bad in the case of Kakeru and how his 'depression' was depicted, it was way too light and didn't feel nearly bad enough to drive him into committing suicide.

Overall, a disappointing show and one of the most unsatisfying romance I've seen in anime.
NeromonSep 25, 2016 12:51 PM
Sep 25, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
For the final episode, it was a nice way to end the series. I felt the confrontation with Kakeru very climatic and moving, and I'm glad they finally managed to save him after all the suffering he standed alone previously, apart that the whole series treated about trying to save him, so if he would had end dying, that would had be really frustrating.
I liked too how in the other timeline AlternateNaho! still loves AlternateSuwa! and nothing really changed in that parallel world (thing who was implied before, but it was still nice knowing that in the other timeline Suwa ends being alone).

About the series itself, well, I personally liked the anime depsite not found it special. It was heartwarning, I think it portrayed it's themes well, the drama was overall well made (especially the episode when Suwa and Naho goes to confort Kakeru when he confesses to them the death of his mother), I managed to like the characters (especially Suwa and Hagita), and I never felt bored while watching it, who it's surprising, considering the slow pace of the anime.

However, even if the series was enjoyable, it has it's dose of problems;

First it's the obvious budget problem, who was a let down in some of the episodes (who created some really awkward scenes), and this, for a series who relies in drama, it's not excusable, since that can create unintentionally comedy moments when the spectator it's not supposed to cry.

Second, it's the relationship between Naho and Kakeru in the middle half of the series. We, the audience, are supposed to root for them and their love, but, as a couple, they didn't transmited me much. Between Naho's huge density to catch the feelings of Kakeru and the later's depression who made him behave like a total asshole to her until this episode when Naho finally acts with some common sense and confronts him properly (understandable, because he felt like shit in that exact moment, and Naho really fucked up the situation when he was fearing the possible death of his only living relative), I honestly didn't saw any chemistry between them, and if wouldn't have been for Suwa and the others, Kakeru would have been ended commiting suicide due to Naho's incompetence to deal with the situation by herself.
While this was a good source to create drama, also damaged heavily their status as a couple in my eyes, and that's unfortunate, because a decent romance would have made this much better.

For last, the explanation for how the alternate Naho & friends send the cards to the past was honestly very stupid. I know this wasn't really a big deal, as the series was mostly about Kakeru and how his friend are going to save him, but still, a black hole? I prefer not comment on this very much.

A 6.5/10 for me (who is mostly good in my book). Let's see how the movie will turn out. Ppersonally, I think the ending of the series was already perfect, but a movie as an epilogue can be an interesting idea...
Sep 25, 2016 12:48 PM

Oct 2011
So... They skip the

It was a good ride, I guess. The manga was better for me for a few reasons, but this show was really good too.

Hagita MVP. Made me laugh a lot in whole series.

8/10.
Sep 25, 2016 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
Unpopular opinion: I'd pick Kakeru over Suwa. Idk, I just feel so protective of him.
Seeing him smile was all that mattered.

8/10 (+1 because I unexpectedly teared up a bit)
Sep 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
Hagita is the man of the day. Kanpai!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 1:03 PM

Oct 2008
This last episode was probably the best, because Naho knew she had to step up and everyone made good decisions (Hagita MVP!). I am satisfied there was a good ending. Orange didn't need a tragic ending to make everyone cry.

This show had its ups and downs for sure but I think the biggest positive for it was that I felt they depicted a depressed person's actions and feelings very well. It's a pity a lot of people are not able to empathise with Kakeru, but that is probably also how it goes irl.

I'm strangely not too bothered by the black hole explanation. I wasn't even expecting any believable explanation. Maybe because it would subtract from the "everyday life" vibe of the show if they went too deep explaining how it worked; like it would be weird if Suwa and friends were somehow geniuses who theorised and discovered the way to send things back to the past.

P.S. I liked the bgm where Kakeru was walking onto oncoming traffic. That whole scene and aftermath was really perfect.
Sep 25, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 2014
Suwa that sly bastard. That's why he said they don't have to go after them. He placed that notice in advance (Naho would never think of something like that...).

Damn. The phone. Is it happening again? omg it is.

REALLY? Are you kidding me? They didn't get to him in time?

FUCK. Those bastards. For a moment I fell for it. This was one of the few times the drama didn't feel forced (talking in general. this anime didn't have much drama that wasn't created by Naho).

Also Hagita basically saved Kakeru's life. If he hadn't "destroyed" the bike this would have turned out exactly the same way as in the parallel world.

Well. That's it I guess. Now I need to know how their future develops. Are they going to end up in the same pairs or does it actually change anything?

edit: Was i the only one who wondered about the "double" episode time? after 20 minutes I was really wondering why they are not coming to a conclusion until I noticed why. Not that I mind though.
NanashiSep 25, 2016 1:09 PM
Sep 25, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2013
SUUWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 25, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
Loved this series from start to finish. Tearing up hardcore from the support and love the squad has for Kakeru. Looking forward to the upcoming movie! 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Suwa is best bro.

Pretty decent ending. I was hoping to see 10 years later, but guess not.
Sep 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Heh...Glasses-Kun trashed Kakeru's bike...smart guy!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 25, 2016 1:26 PM
Nov 2014
What an emotional rollercoaster this was, huh...
Dem backgrounds tho.
They were probably saving up budget for this, which
kinda explains the clusterfuckery animation in episode 9.
I, too, feel like the manga had a better emotional impact,
but the anime wasn't bad at all. Sure, it had its lows, but then again,
doesn't every anime? It was a solid 9/10 for me.
Sep 25, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
well i´m happy that kakeru don´t die but he is still a pain in the ass
i´m with suwa
SUWA FOREVEEEER
Sep 25, 2016 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
hpulley said:
I forgot it was a longer episode before the cast talk so I thought we were getting the bad end for a minute there!

Oh and a movie announced! Out November 18th!

We will probably see it in may or sth
Sep 25, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 2013
> Looking at Pocket MAL
> Still not aired
> Doesn't believe it, going to MAL
> Anime finished
> Looking at time, about right now
> OMG.
> Running to watch

Will come back in 25 mins :D

EDIT:
Actually a 37 minutes episode! AWESOME!
Fantastic episode! The feels were amazing!
Overall Anime is 8/10, mostly because of the awful art...
I hope there could have been second season, it was nice to watch every week!
matan7890Sep 25, 2016 2:37 PM
Sep 25, 2016 1:44 PM
Sep 2015
Lol at Hagita destroying Kakeru's bike
Good anime. I'll give it a 9/10 because Naho was annoying as eff
Sep 25, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
4/10 for me. Too bad in so many episodes. If kakeru would have died, it would have 1 or 2 more points, but the finale was meh. Definitly an overated series.
Sep 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
Wrap up:
Hagita's cute moment with Kakeru made me crack
I was so happy they succeeded even if they made me think they won't
Suwa is always the good guy who hugs Kakeru,like a big brother or lover(yaoi incoming,seriously,where is it?)
Suwa was also the BEST ANIME CHARACTER OF 2016,selfless and always saved the situation
Finally,Naho didn't screw up,again something new
Why did we have to see that bitch again?Ueda or whatever your name is,Hellgirl might be expecting you.
I am so happy everyone gave him a letter and he was saved.
2nd best anime of SUMMER season,after ReLife and in top 10 of this year

THE MOVIE:I can't wait for it,the author will give extra material for it,exclusive,but probably we will se it in may or never since is limited time in Japan and there are no plans for DVD so far
Sep 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
TenszNeumann said:
4/10 for me. Too bad in so many episodes. If kakeru would have died, it would have 1 or 2 more points, but the finale was meh. Definitly an overated series.

What is your problem?
Sep 25, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2016
Ierakas said:
Well it's a win-win to Suwa and Kakeru, they both end up with Naho (even I still didn't know if Kakeru will marry Naho or not in this parallel world).
So, this title, Orange, is from those scene, sunset, am I right?
Even if this episode is great, but it didn't make me cried, not even shed a tear. I think it needs more impact, but I don't know what it is. Even I cried when I watched
, but this is not, when it should. But still, overall is great.
Vacu0us said:
The story was amazing but the animation was just terrible for the majority of the time.

Definitely not a must watch but the manga is a must read.

6.5/10
anna senpai??orange has the meaning of happiness in japan generally
Sep 25, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
6 or 7/10 I just never really cared for the characters except suwa ig it's cool they got a happy ending tho
Sep 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
Not gonna spoil myself by reading any comment here since I haven't watch 1 episode yet but I'll just say, now that the series is complete, tonight is gonna be a great fun/sad night.

Be back about 6-8 hours from now to do a official post.
Sep 25, 2016 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
I think some people did not fully understand Suwa's feelings in this story.

Of course he loves Naho in a romantic way.
BUT

He also loves his friend Kakeru, and here we are talking about bromance.

So even though he has lost Naho, if Kakeru is alive, Suwa feels happy about it.
BECAUSE

When you really love someone you want that person to be happy. And that's the point about Suwa helping NahoxKakeru relationship, he loves them both.

AND

Here we have a double happy ending (In the romantic aspect for the Main Male characters).
In the "write letters" timeline is SuwaxNaho, but Kakeru is Dead.
In the "save him" timeline is KakeruxNaho, and Kakeru lives. We don't know if 10 years later in this timeline Kakeru and Naho will still be a couple because this is what life is about.

So, in conclusion we have the BEST BRO EVER in this season.
_junoSep 25, 2016 2:06 PM
Sep 25, 2016 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
kalim432 said:
TenszNeumann said:

What is your problem?

Problem? I don't have any problems with no one. Just didn't like this series. It felt dull almost all episodes, and Naho being Naho just made things worse. The emotional impact was nowhere near clannad or even shigatsu wa kami no uso (even angel beats was sadder for god sake, and that's too much to say), all the series was about how friends helped a friend, but there were no negative consequences in all the series (welcome to nhk was better done in that sense). And on the top of all this, the animation was meh on so many episodes. I really wanted that they made an impact killing kakeru but with no regrets at the end.
Sep 25, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Overall this anime was greatttt. It had a handful of its derpy moments aswell as its super cringy ones, but it was good. Hagita came in clutch with the broken bike and Suwa is all time MVP. Gread 13 ep rideeee, but I still dont get why it was called Orange
Sep 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2015
Well, the series had its ups and downs. Def going to read the manga now. I liked the art style quite a bit but the animation was pretty off sometimes.

Looking forward to the movie :)

6.5/10
Sep 25, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2015
Best episode of the series hands down. I liked the way it was handled. My only complain would be that they didn’t add a certain panel that’s at the very end of the manga with Kakeru and Naho (the one from the other universe) walking in different ways. I like that panel, but whatever...

Although the series didn’t hit me like the manga, it was still a good watch overall. I thought the best episodes were the ones from the very beginning and this last one. I didn’t like the direction handling of most the episodes during the middle part.

6/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Sep 25, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
No flash forward of the new future. Wanted to see that.
Good ending nothing surprising though.
Sep 25, 2016 2:30 PM
Feb 2016
I'm so happy with ending like this ! Great episode , I was enjoying this anime :3
Sep 25, 2016 2:37 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect this episode to be 38 min., but I'm glad it was. I think the finale was great.

Great and pretty faithful adaptation overall. Although, I liked the manga a little bit more, so I'll give this a 9. I wished the animation and art quality didn't drop throughout the show, but oh well. Hopefully they'll fix it for the BDs.

I can't wait for the sequel movie!

Sep 25, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
This was an awesome adaptation of the manga! (Yes the manga is better IMHO and I recommend people read it also.)

I loved seeing all the characters animated and still choose Kakeru as my favorite for Naho. Hagita is still my overall favorite character and he should have ended up with Azu!

The anime ending gave you the sense that both Kakeru and Suwa are both winners, as Suwa married Naho in the future and she will probably be married to Kakeru in the parallel timeline.

The power of friendship and love!

9/10 overall!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 25, 2016 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
So it was a longer episode, no wonder it felt like a thousand years. Gonna say it again and forever, Hagita was the real savior of the day and Suwa best character in the whole series,which ironically had much more chemistry with Kakeru than Naho smh

Now patiently waiting for that spin-off manga with Suwa as MC
Sep 25, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
The series got me really, in a depth sense. I just finished the episode right now, so I am in the "digesting" phase. But thinking about generally, Orange was one of the best animes I watched. It had something spectacular. The time line thing, the message behind, the story.

Well, it seemed more obvious that there was going to be a Kakeru-Naho ending when there is a Suwa-Naho ending already. But I really couldn't expect the fate of Kakerus life during this last episode. Hagita mentioned the parallel worlds and that was probably a hint that Kakeru would survive because we had indeed two timelines. But after all what happened, I expected everything. Have not the read manga though. So I was waiting about Kakerus fate until he was saved for sure. Kept me agitating while watching.

But what their friends did for him was enough to let him live and give the "click" in his thoughts.

Happy about the happy ending. Sad that there is no epilogue. Or a Hagita-Azu side story of their romance. ;)
rumbleanimeSep 25, 2016 2:54 PM
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Sep 25, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2016
I told all of you that Hagita is DA MAN. There is no better Hero that a manga fanboy with a Chandler syndrome (projecting me too much?).

Nice finale. Hagita you are the MVP. Sure candidate of BRO of the Year.
Sep 25, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
I'm sorry, but for whole series i just don't care about Kakeru and Naho. For me Suwa is the only MC of this show.
4/10 for me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 25, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2010
It was pretty good, but manga is still a lot better. Anime had terrible sound mixing, I couldn't hear half of the dialogues, and as we all know, animation had TONS of problems, especially with these hideous far-away shots. As for adaptation of the story, it was pretty good and faithful, but maybe slow pace of the manga could be handled a little better, some scenes felt a bit too awkward. 7/10

It was good, just not as great I hoped. Poor Suwa, you will be forever in my heart </3
Sep 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
I like the reactions of the suicide attempt, and it made me more emocional than kakeru's PoV (which is opposite in the manga)

but i have so many problems with the animation and with how some stuff were handled that I'll give it a 7/10. suwa still best husbando manga still a 10/10 imo
Sep 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
holy shit Kakeru scared me but he ended up dodging it lol Kagita almost screwed it up cause without the bike kakeru ended up doing it differently...

thought he would get a bit mad saying they only helped him cause of the letters and stuff but i'm happy he didn't =D

was gonna give 8 but this ending gave me a good feeling so i'll actually give it a 10 =D

also Azusa best waifu and Naho/Takaku also nice waifus and Suwa best bro =D
winddevil1Sep 25, 2016 3:12 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 25, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2015
It was a decent rom-com. Decent ending too. Though, I really thought I would've liked Orange more when I first started it. I guess that I, like most people, simply though of Naho as not a very interesting female lead. I'm fine with passive characters, but Naho was just a bit too extreme for me. Also, Suwa best bro.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 25, 2016 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
For a moment there I got scared that Kakeru died in this timeline, too, and in front of Naho. That would have been just way too cruel and I'm happy that was not the case. I was hoping for some sort of epilogue for this timeline but now I learnt about the movie, so I guess I will have to wait for the movie. There's quite a bit of anime movies being announced lately.
Sep 25, 2016 3:41 PM
Nov 2013
Seriously Suwa stop being sooo good, without you this series is nothing to me.
But man... i'm still here thinking that Kakeru and Suwa moments were one of the best things that happened in this series, Damn the beautiful chemistry between them! unlike with someone called Naho >.>
Also Hagita is awesome too~
I think i'll read the manga since it looks better.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.