Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2008 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very good episode!
I knew it! Kei-sensei was the culprit. My detective skills are astonishing xD
I've also tried to do the spoon trick (the one Naru did), but it didn't work =(
Jun 27, 2009 12:14 AM

Sep 2008
It seems the moral of the story is to not screw around doing spoon tricks.

But to be honest... I want to do it too!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2009 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
This made me want to take up spoon-bending...

I knew Kasai was far too obvious all along, but now what's going to happen to Kei-sensei? They just have to hope she stops cursing people?
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Jul 2, 2009 12:39 AM

Sep 2008
dsr527 said:

I knew Kasai was far too obvious all along, but now what's going to happen to Kei-sensei? They just have to hope she stops cursing people?

I assume she was put in jail. She was injuring students, and at least one died, IIRC.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
Gahhh!! There is no spoon!

Sep 27, 2009 11:41 PM

Jun 2008
ColdBeans said:
Gahhh!! There is no spoon!

yeah, I kept thinking that all through the case... >.< lol

Sep 28, 2009 2:05 AM

May 2009
I too was not surprised that she was the culprit. How she maintained that calm demeanor and smooth voice tone even when the jig was up, gives us a valuable insight into the dementia spoon bending has brought her...
Nov 17, 2009 11:13 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah i kind of saw it coming after She asked Mai for here name.
Nov 19, 2009 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
I almost thought the culprit was the short haired student a second there XD

And Mai did have an ability after all, ability to survive
Dec 24, 2009 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
Was soooooo obvious.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 17, 2010 8:49 PM

Aug 2008
Jul 25, 2010 11:22 PM

Nov 2008
This third arc I'd call better than the first two, but the bar wasn't set very high. Kei-sensei being the culprit was telegraphed from the beginning. Pretty obvious.

I mean, all the victims were the people who bullied Kasai, right? And the teacher was ostracized by those same people, and so the motive was right there in our faces all along. If it wasn't Kasai, it had to be the teacher. And Kasai spent the whole time crying and freaking out, so there's no way she had it together enough to hatch a meticulous and evil plan. Plus, they said over and over again that Kasai's power was too weak to pull it off.

Still, the story wasn't bad.
Aug 14, 2010 4:08 AM

Jul 2010
Can somebody explain what that was about with the test and Mai? I don't get it, she got it 1000 times wróng so she has abilities? Isn't it normally that when you get 1000 correct you have abilities? Or is it that she knew wich one would light up and she didn't press that button on purpose? Lol, idk?
Sep 7, 2010 8:21 PM

Mar 2010
D_S_Bach said:

Sep 8, 2010 2:17 AM

Jun 2010
Animefanx3 said:
Can somebody explain what that was about with the test and Mai? I don't get it, she got it 1000 times wróng so she has abilities? Isn't it normally that when you get 1000 correct you have abilities? Or is it that she knew wich one would light up and she didn't press that button on purpose? Lol, idk?

It's not really like any of the ones you said.
here's how I got it:
She unintentionally didn't press the right one, for 1000 attempts.
Now, getting not 1! right, is something that in it self, has a very low chance of happening.
She didn't do it on purpose, but maybe there is something to her having abilities of the abnormal.. or something you know xD
I'd like to everything.
Sep 11, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
Animefanx3 said:

Statistically, it's highly highly unlikely to not get even one in one thousand due to chance.

She has one in a four chance to get it right. So, out of 1000 tries she should have around 250 guessed right. For her to not even have one is an abnormality. Statisticians call this statistically significant - the possibility of this occurring due to chance is extremely unlikely.

It would seem to be more amazing for someone to be able to guess all 1000 correct, but the fact that she could miss all 1000 is equally amazing and shows her latent psychic abilities. If you noticed, during this arc, the voice inside her could only confirm that Kasai wasn't the culprit, not that Kei-sensei was the culprit. So her psychic abilities might have more to do with exclusion rather than inclusion (being able to confirm with certainty what something IS NOT rather than what IS). Or it could just be that her abilities are not developed enough yet.

I'm still thinking that Naru has some sort of psychic ability. The spoon he bent at the end was a flimsy stirring spoon in comparison with earlier and he didn't even break it. He's still hiding something, or else Lin wouldn't have gotten so angry with him (and he wouldn't have promised Mai not to say anything).
Jan 1, 2011 3:12 PM

Jan 2010
finally over :p...this arc was so pedictable

very fun episode,especially the last part :D

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 4, 2011 9:05 PM

Dec 2010
willag said:
I'm still thinking that Naru has some sort of psychic ability. The spoon he bent at the end was a flimsy stirring spoon in comparison with earlier and he didn't even break it. He's still hiding something, or else Lin wouldn't have gotten so angry with him (and he wouldn't have promised Mai not to say anything).

I thought of this too, also this may be a stretch or meer speculation, but could the reason Naru got sick be because of the use of his "powers" i mean the reason he gave for his sickness was so vague... also lets assume for a second he does have some form of PK which is fairly believable at this point, why would Lin get mad if he used it, i mean aside from weird people like that teacher, people like those on the team make good use of their powers proving that they can be useful. Also i have to believe that he did that trick knowing someone would figure it out and they would drop the conversation by assuming what he did earlier was the same thing. All though I'll say again that this is nothing more than speculation as such a delayed reaction (he used his "powers" way before he got "sick") would be hard to believe.
InfiniteDestinyJan 4, 2011 9:27 PM
Sep 3, 2011 12:56 PM
Aug 2011
God, this all was so obvious. Because of that teacher the hole anime makes no sense - whole team seemed to be intelligent (especially Naru) and then none of them realizes who is behind it. Right.
Oct 11, 2011 6:28 PM

May 2009
One thing I've noticed about this show is that each arc has a pretty good build-up and progression, but the conclusion is always very obvious. There's no real element of surprise. Also, the character development has been very vague so far. Nevertheless, it's an interesting anime and I'm enjoying it a lot. :)
Nov 7, 2011 8:16 AM

Mar 2011
It was all very obvious; I want some unpredictability.
Dec 17, 2011 1:31 AM

Sep 2011
Haha at the end! Very good ending for the chapter ~ :D

Also even if this Anime is very predictable, I still find it a very interesting watch surprisingly! Very excited for the next chapter! :D
Mar 16, 2012 7:49 PM

Nov 2010
0: oooh... yes. there is defianitely something more to naru and mai will be more "useful" in these cases now. She can sort of lead the group to.. not going in the wrong direction lol

anyways, did anyone else actually pick up a spoon after this? xD
May 14, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2012
I thought it was pretty obvious that the teacher had something to do with it from the beginning. There was just something about her and those kinds of curses do seem like the kind that take up a lot of power, plus she had a lot of knowledge on the subject and all this girl could seem to do was bend spoons.

Not sure how I feel about Mai having powers, it seems like a pretty cliché twist. I hope they don't overdo it and ruin her character.
Oct 26, 2012 8:30 PM

Aug 2010
They make it so that you see this coming from a mile away. I knew it was the teacher 3 episodes before.
Jan 7, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
Well, the culprit was too obvious, but at least the case resolve was interesting.

Naru just has to has some PK, I agree.

The ED is nice to listen to, once after you've watched through a whole case(3-4 eps).
Mar 22, 2013 7:45 PM
Jan 2012
I didn't really enjoy this case. It was obvious and not as creepy as the Doll House case, plus that teacher annoyed me SO MUCH

I hope it gets better in the next case :t
Mar 31, 2013 5:00 AM

May 2012
Fantastic episode! When he solved the case was just the right setting that I so love! Great ending of this case lets see what's next!
Apr 3, 2013 2:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very boring arc. I hope the next one is better
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2012
10 episodes in, still nope. Watching mostly for Mai now.
Jul 18, 2013 3:54 PM
Mar 2013
So frigging slow. Boring as hell.
Aug 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
That was the worst arc so far. Even before the halfway point, it was clearly obvious that the teacher was the culprit. It's pretty asspull too, since Naru suddenly pulled out all this research in the final deduction. I would prefer that we slowly get the bits and pieces of info during the entire arc instead. Solid 6 so far. Can increase depending on how good it gets later.

So, Mai has the power to find the wrong out of the right? Interesting, but they really should have found out about this sooner.
Sep 15, 2013 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
Wait what? Why is everyone acting like there was a conclusion to this arc? So what happened to the sensei? Also what about the situation at school now?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
It was painfully obvious that it was the teacher from like, part 2. I think almost within a single scene they state that Kasai's teacher has extensive psychic knowledge, and shortly thereafter, consider Kasai the only likely suspect because she clearly has psychic knowledge.

It was just like, really? Kazuya not getting enough sleep or is this only obvious from the outside looking in? I spent almost this entire arc just waiting to see how long it'd take them to realize the obvious. It also doesn't help that the camera angles and scene changes make it so easy to tell who they want you to focus on and not focus on.

I'm enjoying the show. It has a nice atmosphere and all that, but I hope future arcs are much less predictable. For it to be possible to figure out the outcome is fine, I just don't want it to be telegraphed so hard =/.
Jan 11, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!

Apr 5, 2014 9:43 AM
Aug 2012
Well good but it was so obvious that Kei-sensei is the culprit...But I like that this anime consists of arcs..which makes you watch it non-stop till the arc ends))) Well not bad and ending music is very pleasant btw...
Apr 23, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
An okay arc but the previous one was more better. Hope we get more dealings with the Supernatural as the culprit instead of people with psychic powers which isn't as interesting imo.

Anitnelav said:
Was soooooo obvious.

^This.
Jul 30, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah there's not much twist and it's quite predictable.
But still it's very interesting to watch. Looking forward to the next one.
More like to see if what you thought was actually going to happen.
Aug 28, 2014 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
HaHaHa Mai a Jungle Cat, that's a good one LOL
& also true, well some1 once say'd all woman are wild cats LOL, awry woman has wild cat deep inside, even if they don't show it, or if they don't know that they are
Nov 27, 2014 8:11 AM

Jun 2010
Chomechan said:
dsr527 said:

I assume she was put in jail. She was injuring students, and at least one died, IIRC.

I don't think she was sent to jail because there wasnt any proof that she cursed or killed people. After all they burned the evidence.

The episode was too boring because it was way too obvious that kasai was the culprit.
Dec 21, 2014 4:31 AM

Nov 2013
Meh. This episode was pretty iffy. Didn't really like this one as much as the others in this arc.

6/10 for this episode

7/10 for this arc. The doll arc is still my favorite.

Feb 25, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
why are all the important side characters in this anime so fucking annoying?!
i give this arc a 7/10. it was really predicable the entire way through but it at least had some nice moments between the main characters. I love watching them all interact and work together to solve these cases.
Apr 30, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
The moment sensei asked for Mai's name, I realized she was the culprit all along. And, she has some guts to put that thing in the vase while talking haha. Predictable, that's the only drawback of this arc.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jul 11, 2015 8:48 AM

Mar 2014
I kinda assumed it was the teacher, from when Mai said it wasn't that girl, and the fact that the girl was really close with the teacher. I liked this arc, but yeah kinda predictable. It's really interesting though so I'm gonna continue it, most probably till the end.
Nov 16, 2015 12:18 AM

Feb 2010
Even if it was obvious, they had nothing without a confession and they didn't catch her in the act untill now. Also, the reasons for cursing people were unknown untill now. Ubusuna-sensei is revealed to be a very traumatised person and she was willing to let the blame fall at her student (who was also sot of happy about getting that sort of acclaim herself). But what happened to them in the end, that part is missing.

darkerealm said:
lol at referring to Mai as an animal. XD

I can tell, Naru realy likes Mai-chan :D
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 7, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Well, they honestly made it a bit too easy to see the culprit, especially since they had installed that cat and mouse atmosphere. But it was still fun to see Naru demolish her little by little. It was also a really dumb move from her to try to insidiously kill someone who knew he was already targeted.

''Some people in this world are obscessed with paranormal[...]''
Yeah, and most of them tend to be crazy shut-in paranoid :|
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 23, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
This Arc was so predictable.
Sep 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
She deserves to got to jail but I'm pretty sure they just gave her a slap on the wrist instead since there's really no way to prove that she was responsible for all of those accidents.
Jan 22, 2017 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
I doubt the identity of the culprit surprised very many people, but this was an enjoyable story arc nonetheless.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 2, 2017 11:50 PM
Sep 2015
So they let the psychobitch go with "you must be tired"? WTF. Dropping this one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.