Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2013
First, I need to tell you that I have nothing against torrenting. But I believe using illegal streams is very immoral. I recently met a guy who runs a bunch of illegal streaming sites, and he makes a shit load of money from ads. Like, more than a lawyer, or a doctor. I think letting that guy earn all that money is not something any self-respecting person should participate in. He exploits Crunchyroll, Funimation, Netflix or whatever streaming service he rips from. Or exploits the work of the fansubber. More, he uses terrible streaming services of someplace like China or Russia and delivers bad quality with double (or triple) bitrates used.

Legal streaming is cheap; if you buy it yearly, it is extremely cheap. CR is 40 Euro for year (price of 8 seperate month) and 5 Euro for a month. And there is a Chrome extension that opens up all the US catalogue on demand.

But if you are intend on not paying (I simply can't believe anyone on MAL can't afford to pay 5 Euro a month, it is almost the same price as a cup of nice coffee or 2 days of public transport; cheaper than an ebook) please use torrent. Don't let leeches like KissAnime earn any money from exploiting fansubbers and ripping legitimate businesses. They are nothing but parasites.

I really want to learn the rationale of people using KissAnime and the like. Torrenting isn't hard, legal streaming isn't expensive, and both offers better quality. If you want to save, there is torrents or youtube-dl (works with both Funimation and Crunchyroll).

If you only just want to convenience of streaming without paying, why don't you just use Peerflix? It streams torrents without any waiting, there are many video players that uses it.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2016 5:30 AM

Feb 2013
I mainly use kissanime,anime4fun and animeultima.
Why?
Because I don't want to pay for stuff that is already free online, the quality is the same and the quantity of subbed anime on kissanime will never be on legal sites.
I don't torrent because I'm too lazy to search for every single episode when it appears and wait for seeds and the download time.
Aug 29, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
Well I actually buy a decent amount of shit so I think I'm good.
Aug 29, 2016 5:32 AM

Feb 2015
Because nothing is available in Europe.
Aug 29, 2016 5:33 AM
Aug 2015
Because I need money for food and school. Do you have any idea how much a school textbook costs?
Aug 29, 2016 5:35 AM
Jul 2013
You can always use torrents? And if 5 Euro are going to bankrupt you, then you are right.

LuckyHarm said:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/crunchyroll-unblocker/dldddkdajilplfikaadakojgjocbnjim
Aug 29, 2016 5:39 AM

Oct 2014
ANTI KISSANIME CRUSADER
Everyone here, yes Crunchyroll is legal, yes I'm too poor to afford legal.
But the fact is, *KissAnime steals their content too*. KissAnime is the biggest website in stealing already stolen anime, and if you know anything about video codecs, *KissAnime is not a high quality streaming service*.

For the stealing part.
At the bottom of most of KissAnime's stolen shows is a 'source title', usually formatted with "[SubbingTeam] Show name - Episode xx" which can easily be traced back to it's source by looking through a torrent directory such as Nyaa or Tokyo Toshokan.
They also add their usual 3 second 'intro' which is good for watching online, sure, but for a downloaded library... just, no.

For the high quality part.
KissAnime downloads high quality anime, yes. Then they run it through and render it with their intro into an MP4 container. On a 1080p setting, this will usually look fine on any pre-2014 MacBook or screen with a resolution lower than 1920x1080. This is not the case for watching anime on a TV, or anything with a resolution of 1080p and higher.

Personally, KissAnime is the website to go to to find little discreet shows made before the new millennium, but for anything after that, just go look on Nyaa where it's higher quality and not covered with a really bad intro and watermark in the top corner.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Aug 29, 2016 5:41 AM

Aug 2015
I don't stream. I download/ torrent

Why? Because based Crunchyroll region locked most of shows in my place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And never use Kissanime. NEVER! Cause their quality is simply shit
Aug 29, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
Another reason why torrenting is better.
I do both downloading and streaming for free, but only when it is legal or no one cashes money from the illegal source. There is also a way of using kissanime without giving them money. Just click on the "click here" button.

or you can use ublock origin.No need to turn it off...
Aug 29, 2016 5:42 AM

Mar 2016
-I have no money for legal, unlike you rich people.
-My parents have no money for legal, unlike you rich people.
-There are some anime that aren't even on Crunchyroll and such but are on illegal sites, so why not?
-I'm not going to watch anime with ads every 5 minutes (I'm pretty sure you have to pay to get rid of ads on some legal sites)

And there you go, my reasons. Again, not everyone has the money to waste on things like anime.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 29, 2016 5:43 AM
Jul 2013
It is making money from piracy I have a problem with, not piracy itself.
Aug 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Jun 2008
Personally, I'm really getting into streams lately...

Mostly, because it's way more convenient than downloading.

KissAnime is godly.....they're very good, have every fucking anime, and it's just a shit load easier.
Aug 29, 2016 5:44 AM
Apr 2013
OP, unless you can prove eating shit is actually bad to common folks, you are just wasting your time.
Aug 29, 2016 5:45 AM
Jul 2013
Ulquiorra said:
I don't torrent because I'm too lazy to search for every single episode when it appears and wait for seeds and the download time.

Download time isn't a factor anymore for new torrents. Just search for Peerflix GUIs. It streams torrents and buffering is comparable to KissAnime or Crunchyroll.
Aug 29, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2013
ublock + link checker on kissanime and all the adds are gone.
Aug 29, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2013
GERGE said:
Ulquiorra said:

Download time isn't a factor anymore for new torrents. Just search for Peerflix GUIs. It streams torrents and buffering is comparable to KissAnime or Crunchyroll.

It takes time to search it, I'm lazy.
Why do that, when kissanime has it all.
I'm even lazy to wait for the anime to be uploaded on kissanime sometimes and that's why I use anime4fun too, they upload them faster and have HD too.
Aug 29, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2015
JustALEX said:
KissAnime is godly.....they're very good, have every fucking anime, and it's just a shit load easier.
B-but their quality is just fucking shit! Holy shit, I can see those terrible mini artifacts and noise in every 5 seconds in my 1080p monitor.....
And that Kissanime watermark and low quality renders.... NO! JUST NO !
Aug 29, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
Because i don't have enough money to buy the dvds/anything else, to watch my anime.
Plus, there are more important stuff to pay for.
Aug 29, 2016 5:55 AM

Jun 2015
Downloader here because Kissanime has shit quality and bitrate is not worth the video quity loss.
Aug 29, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2012
why should i have to pay for something i can get for free when i have a 40k college debt?
Aug 29, 2016 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
Kissanime is free and good quality, hell its got every anime meanwhile crunchyroll you have to pay for service u can get for free unless u want ads evry 5 mins like wtf at least put ads halfway through not evry dam 5 mins when it doesn't make sense.

Aug 29, 2016 6:00 AM

Oct 2015
I don't even have a McDonald's here, let alone anime lmaoo if only
Aug 29, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2015
GERGE said:
You can always use torrents? And if 5 Euro are going to bankrupt you, then you are right.

LuckyHarm said:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/crunchyroll-unblocker/dldddkdajilplfikaadakojgjocbnjim

I really can't spare 5 euros for something I can get for free.

I don't torrent because I'm lazy so ya.
Aug 29, 2016 6:04 AM

Feb 2016
Well I used to feel guilty about getting involved with such, especially after reading an article about how illegal streaming sites are not helping the anime industry. But there still exists a fine line between being cheap (no matter how cheap it is) and being freely available. So here I am still feeling guilty but unable to do anything about it.
A retard is trying to prove his point, thanks.
Aug 29, 2016 6:08 AM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
On_the_Lam said:
Because I need money for food and school. Do you have any idea how much a school textbook costs?

I don't know how it is in your country but in mne we only need to pay ~15€ a year for textbooks. You can also use second hand books your senpais have left you for free.

Elitistland seems like a fair place...
Aug 29, 2016 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
Using illegal streaming sites is essentially the same thing as watching on Crunchyroll (ie - a legal site) but not being a premium member.
Aug 29, 2016 6:10 AM
Apr 2013
Iizbakaokay said:

KissAnime downloads high quality anime, yes. Then they run it through and render it with their intro into an MP4 container. On a 1080p setting, this will usually look fine on any pre-2014 MacBook or screen with a resolution lower than 1920x1080. This is not the case for watching anime on a TV, or anything with a resolution of 1080p and higher.

There is nothing wrong with MP4 as it is just a container. The bad quality comes from encoding a stream source, most likely from legal streaming sites, and jack up the contrast and saturation to cover up the apparent blockiness as a result of their bitrate starved videos.

Even if you download the streams let say, from HorribleSubs, the quality still looks like shit. It just happens to be KissAnime take this shit, make it into a more stinking pile of shit, so that common people able to consume.

Oh yeah, and those 1080p anime you claimed to be superior quality? Yes, they are extremely rare. Most of the time, they are just poor upscales.
Aug 29, 2016 6:14 AM
Nov 2014
GERGE said:
First, I need to tell you that I have nothing against torrenting. But I believe using illegal streams is very immoral. I recently met a guy who runs a bunch of illegal streaming sites, and he makes a shit load of money from ads. Like, more than a lawyer, or a doctor. I think letting that guy earn all that money is not something any self-respecting person should participate in. He exploits Crunchyroll, Funimation, Netflix or whatever streaming service he rips from. Or exploits the work of the fansubber. More, he uses terrible streaming services of someplace like China or Russia and delivers bad quality with double (or triple) bitrates used.

Yeah, that smells like bullshit. You are just making it up, and you don't know anyone who runs a streaming website. Also, CR isn't "fansub". It's official, try to get it into that thick head of yours.
Regarding your whining about morality. Here is a little info, morality is subjective and what you believe to be right is completely irrelevant.

GERGE said:

Legal streaming is cheap; if you buy it yearly, it is extremely cheap. CR is 40 Euro for year (price of 8 seperate month) and 5 Euro for a month. And there is a Chrome extension that opens up all the US catalogue on demand.

But if you are intend on not paying (I simply can't believe anyone on MAL can't afford to pay 5 Euro a month, it is almost the same price as a cup of nice coffee or 2 days of public transport; cheaper than an ebook) please use torrent. Don't let leeches like KissAnime earn any money from exploiting fansubbers and ripping legitimate businesses. They are nothing but parasites.

If I pay for the content, then I want to access it without having to use different ways to bypass the restrictions. Not to mention that the usage of that exetension is against CR ToS, therefore it's also a form of illegal streaming and the website makes money off that illegal streamer. Same as KS.
I almost forgot, CR doesn't have every anime that I want to watch, while KS does.

GERGE said:

I really want to learn the rationale of people using KissAnime and the like. Torrenting isn't hard, legal streaming isn't expensive, and both offers better quality. If you want to save, there is torrents or youtube-dl (works with both Funimation and Crunchyroll).

If you only just want to convenience of streaming without paying, why don't you just use Peerflix? It streams torrents without any waiting, there are many video players that uses it.

Torrenting isn't hard, but it's unnecessary trouble.
Legal streaming isn't expensive, but that doesn't mean it's worth the price. Just look at the quality of Funimation subtitles, anyone who pays for that trash is retarded. CR would be fine if it didn't have so many regional restrictions, and if Funimation didn't exist.
Aug 29, 2016 6:16 AM

Aug 2015
I have a crunchyroll premium account and i don't use it that much because The player sucks and it keeps crashing. So i download my anime from nyaa. plus i like fansubers better than CR.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Aug 29, 2016 6:18 AM

Aug 2015
I really don't have a choice since my country is blocked on most of the shows Crunchy and Funi has to offer but to be fair I'm also using Daisuki rarely even though the player is shit just to show some support to some animes I like since it's the only site that supports Asian countries anyway
MizunashiAug 29, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 29, 2016 6:19 AM

Sep 2015
People this days said that "there is nothing free anymore" thats why they came to online streaming sites.
Aug 29, 2016 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
GERGE said:

LuckyHarm said:

I download torrents because they are usually high quality and can be played offline. Specific fan subs can also make an anime better by adding song lyrics and translator notes.

The only reason I'd use crunchyroll would be so I can watch anime legal and support the industry. The amount of anime offered by crunchyroll in Europe is way to small to warrant a purchase and using an app to watch blocked anime would still be illegal. So if I'm going to be watching illegal anyway might as well use the superior option. I could always support the industry by buying merchandise if I happen to come across it.
Aug 29, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2016
Iizbakaokay said:
ANTI KISSANIME CRUSADER
Everyone here, yes Crunchyroll is legal, yes I'm too poor to afford legal.
But the fact is, *KissAnime steals their content too*. KissAnime is the biggest website in stealing already stolen anime, and if you know anything about video codecs, *KissAnime is not a high quality streaming service*.

For the stealing part.
At the bottom of most of KissAnime's stolen shows is a 'source title', usually formatted with "[SubbingTeam] Show name - Episode xx" which can easily be traced back to it's source by looking through a torrent directory such as Nyaa or Tokyo Toshokan.
They also add their usual 3 second 'intro' which is good for watching online, sure, but for a downloaded library... just, no.

Personally, KissAnime is the website to go to to find little discreet shows made before the new millennium, but for anything after that, just go look on Nyaa where it's higher quality and not covered with a really bad intro and watermark in the top corner.

What do you think about gogoanime?

I got this 30 days Crunchyroll trial from some youtuber and i watched almost all available anime that interested me. The simulcasts only arent worth it for me. The database isnt big enough for me especially when i want to watch older stuff.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 29, 2016 6:29 AM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:
On_the_Lam said:

Elitistland seems like a fair place...

Yeah, join us. Our country is one of the best when it comes to quality and price. :D

I would, but just take a look at my favorites. There's edgy moe, overhyped gore fest, moe SoL rom-com, Ghibli, 2deep4u and I haven't even watched LOTGH yet. I'm not worthy of the wonders of Elitistland...
Aug 29, 2016 6:31 AM
Apr 2013
kamisama751 said:
worldeditor11 said:

There is nothing wrong with MP4 as it is just a container. The bad quality comes from encoding a stream source, most likely from legal streaming sites, and jack up the contrast and saturation to cover up the apparent blockiness as a result of their bitrate starved videos.

Even if you download the streams let say, from HorribleSubs, the quality still looks like shit. It just happens to be KissAnime take this shit, make it into a more stinking pile of shit, so that common people able to consume.

Oh yeah, and those 1080p anime you claimed to be superior quality? Yes, they are extremely rare. Most of the time, they are just poor upscales.

Man, mp4 itself uses mp3 autio and awful lossy video compression. Sure it is some sort of a "container" (so does every video file format to be honest) but mp4 only supports shitty compression types, hence the small size and low quality.

Uhh, both .mp4 and .mkv supports H264 though. And H264 is the current preferred video encoder for anime videos.

MP3 or not, both supports AAC, which has a better audio compression.

For your information, those anime blurays discs where BD groups rip their source from, store their content in MP4 format.
Aug 29, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2014
Lets see, lives in Europe, the number of titles that are available on CR, Netflix, Daisuki and Funimation are so limited that it's not worth to pay the subscription, when I am going to watch probably 1 or 2 shows because the rest are region locked, as well titles from the past are missing(yeah, thank you government); I am already paying for premium channels on my TV, and I have no intention of using some lousy insecure VPNs when I'm giving my debit/credit card info for services such as CR, Netflix and so forth just so I'll be able to watch some shows that are available in other regions.
I'll take my debit/credit card security and safety anytime over some insecure VPN address.
Aug 29, 2016 6:45 AM

Feb 2013
GERGE said:
i thought you wanted to discourage illegal streaming
now i want more than ever to do a gogoanime clone feat. mp4upload

GERGE said:

huehue a monthly student transport pass here is 5 eur
5 eur is like the fanciest cofee bag from store why would you pay so much for one cup.. the caffeinated jew indeed
also i dont have any means of online payment; even if i did i would not spend it on crunchyroll

GERGE said:

DAE everyone who uses kissanime literally watches all their anime there?xDxD
i use kissanime just for seasonal shows(torrenting each episodeeeee.. meh), and watching along with others irl or via skype where i cba to use nerdware and then teach others to use it just so the illegal streaming mafia doesnt get my 0.001 cents of ad money .. and i use the kissanime cleaner greasemonkey script so i dont think they even get that

kissanime is fine enough; i dont get quality whores.. my anime must be exactly 1080p. 1079p is for peasants with low bit rate

so uhh yeah this is my final answer to the question " Why use illegal streams?"
- better for seasonal shows that i cant download by batch (and cba to set rss feed or w/e)
- better for watching along with someone without requiring any kind of set up
- i use script that clears ads from kissanime

kissanime is also better for that rare hard to find special with little to no seeds
Aug 29, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2015
It would be so funny if some french guys were coming here to claim they are pirating only because Crunchyroll has a limited catalogue in european countries... (because there are several other fully free platforms for us)
In France, there is actually no reason to illegally get currently running shows except for the very few Amazon/Netflix exclusivities because they are already legally free.

Matr_iX said:
People this days said that "there is nothing free anymore"

Is there someone currently alive who has lived in a time where there were free things? ...
Rei_IIIAug 29, 2016 6:52 AM
Aug 29, 2016 6:53 AM

Sep 2015
I don't use crunchyroll because it's laggy, doesn't have many series and I am unable to pay for it.

But don't worry, I don't support illegal streams either. I use adblock pretty much everywhere
Aug 29, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
you can't say illegal without saying "legal"
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Aug 29, 2016 6:59 AM
Aug 2016
Because Chrunchyroll etc don't have a large database? Let's take a look at my 3 most recent anime: only 1 of them is on Crunchyroll(checked search and alphabetic).
So I use a mix of torrents and those streaming websites with download option. And I'm not going for trouble with Peerflix as me and changing something usually go wrong and I use different video players because of different reasons
Aug 29, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 2016
Why pay for something you can get free?
Aug 29, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
Well for one, most (if not all) of those streaming sites are US ONLY. Sometimes Canada, but most of the world has no access to them.
Second it doesn't matter how cheap it is.
It's simply a bother to sign up and pay, a lot of users are probably children too so they'd have to go ask their parents to pay for them with their credit cards or whatever.
Saying it's immoral is just ignorant. Most people on the internet simply do not care.
It's just duplicating data, nothing is stolen since when you steal, one party loses the item.
If you just download a copy and had no intention of paying otherwise nobody loses anything and you gain whatever you downloaded.

I personally use torrents to download most things I care about. BD rips of high quality shows that I usually already watched and sometimes I download TV rips of things that look interesting but I haven't watched, usually seasonal airing anime.
I use streaming sites to watch everything else. For old anime I don't care about the video quality since odds are I'm not watching for the animation anyway. For long running shows that I won't bother downloading 50+ episodes of. And sometimes newer anime when I again am not watching for the animation so I don't care about the quality.

I'm sure space is also an issue. I've got around 1.7 TB of max space on both my Hard Drives combines and have like 60 HD BD rips on there while I generally delete the TV rips after I've watched them and replace with BD rips if I liked it or just delete if I didn't.
There's 50 GB left so I'm deleting things when I need to download something new.
Will probably buy another 1 TB Drive soon since most of the stuff I don't want to delete.
Aug 29, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2015
Rei366 said:
It would be so funny if some french guys were coming here to claim they are pirating only because Crunchyroll has a limited catalogue in european countries... (because there are several other fully free platforms for us)
In France, there is actually no reason to illegally get currently running shows except for the very few Amazon/Netflix exclusivities because they are already legally free.

Matr_iX said:
People this days said that "there is nothing free anymore"

Is there someone currently alive who has lived in a time where there were free things? ...

Yes and they are called pirates, living their lives with free things and stuffs
Aug 29, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
Dishonest said:
Iizbakaokay said:
ANTI KISSANIME CRUSADER
TL;DR go up and read it
What do you think about gogoanime?

I got this 30 days Crunchyroll trial from some youtuber and i watched almost all available anime that interested me. The simulcasts only arent worth it for me. The database isnt big enough for me especially when i want to watch older stuff.
My stance on streaming is the same always, it's always better to DL stuff. CR doesnt really serve in my country and my internet doesn't enable me streaming anyway. So I just DL it from various fansub groups and *seed* afterwards. Healthy way to give in to the community. It's good to abuse free things but I can't see myself taking in anime at a higher even if it's free.

worldeditor11 said:

I always DL 720p anyway. Why bicker over when both of DL anime from the high seas?
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Aug 29, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
I am a cheapskate who doesn't like spending unnecessary money. If I can ge it for free I will.
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Aug 29, 2016 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
GERGE said:

*sigh* I am not explaining why I do anything to you. Don't owe you an explaination and neither does anyone else on here. And this is probably the 500th thread about this same topic Yes I responded just to say this. And the fuck is Peerflix? Is that like a bootleg Netflix?
Aug 29, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2016
Lmao all these people slowly killing the anime industry. All I gotta say.
Aug 29, 2016 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
>Exploiting

I could easily use the same argument in the reverse and say that everybody who pays for their Chinese cartoons supports slavery since anime animators tend to have worse salaries than McDolan employees

Anyway, back to kissanime
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 29, 2016 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
@Matr_iX Something stolen is not something free, it is something whose price was never payed.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

7 by IpreferEcchi »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 47 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

8 by Zefyris »»
3 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

8 by piyowizfoot »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

17 by Catalano »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.