Forum Settings
Forums

Things that people love and you will never understand why

New
Aug 26, 2016 11:55 PM

Jun 2015
I'm sure we all dislike something that is enjoyed by the overwhelming majority of other people. What is that thing for you?

I hate beer with a passion. I've tried so many different kinds but think they all taste the same and they all taste like piss. Every single time a friend of mine gets a beer, I go out of my way to try it and see if I can find any kind of enjoyment in it but always regret my choice. I can't wrap my mind around the thought of someone actually enjoying the taste of beer; I think a lot of people convince themselves that they like it because it is the social drink of choice most of the time.

What are some things that you guys will never understand why other people love it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2016 11:57 PM

Mar 2016
I will never understand fashion and the people that love it
Aug 27, 2016 12:13 AM

Sep 2007
Motherfucking N-A-R-U-T-O
believe it

Aug 27, 2016 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
I don't get the appeal of Harry Potter.
Aug 27, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2016
Running shoes as casualwear, they're hideous so why wear them as your everyday shoes too?
Aug 27, 2016 1:07 AM

Jun 2015
I dunno, twilight? There must me a huge fanbase of that for it to get 5 movies. Its pretty shitty actually.

And the Hunger Games movies. Why is the movies so loved, the books are a 100 times better Imo.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Aug 27, 2016 1:26 AM

Jul 2015
Erg_Orgy said:
Running shoes as casualwear, they're hideous so why wear them as your everyday shoes too?

Well to be fair, the shoes in your picture are the Nike Roshe Runs, and those aren't actually meant for running. They look like they are, but they aren't. However, that doesn't seem to stop people from running in them. But my point is, those aren't running shoes :P But I get what you mean tho. It's just the picture that threw me off.

caught in the wonder
Aug 27, 2016 1:30 AM

May 2015
Harry Potter. My elementary school teacher would dedicate an hour and a half every Friday to read those damn books we had no choice but to listen. That time could have been better spent on things like getting a head start on homework, asking for extra help for problem subjects if needed or even letting us pick our own books to read. But no instead we were held like prisoners of Azkaban forced to listen to every word of that shiet series!
Aug 27, 2016 1:53 AM

Jun 2016
Gem said:
Erg_Orgy said:

Well to be fair, the shoes in your picture are the Nike Roshe Runs, and those aren't actually meant for running. They look like they are, but they aren't. However, that doesn't seem to stop people from running in them. But my point is, those aren't running shoes :P But I get what you mean tho. It's just the picture that threw me off.

Yeah, I used to have Roshe Runs but I used them for training exclusively, I just don't understand why people go with such shoes while there are some much better looking and more comfortable shoes for everyday wear, especially some sneakers.
It's like when I see people on the streets wearing cleats/football shoes, I find it weird and out of place.
Aug 27, 2016 2:08 AM

Jun 2015
Erg_Orgy said:

Because they are more comfortable than leather shoes and for the certain moments when you need to rush. Plus they survive better in the rain.

As for not sneakers, point 2 still stands.
Aug 27, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
Erg_Orgy said:

Same. Almost everyone here wears them ._. I especially dislike the ones in the second picture.

+ yoga pants (can't understand girls who wear them everyday, it looks slutty and disgusting)

Also, One Punch Man and One Piece.
Come here and play with my darkness
Aug 27, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2015
I don't think I'll ever understand why people like rain.. What's there to like about rain? Who likes getting their clothes wet? How is the sound of rain soothing? Driving in the rain isn't so fun as well.. If anything, rain just hinders (if not ruins) your plans..

caught in the wonder
Aug 27, 2016 2:21 AM

Jul 2015
Gem said:
I don't think I'll ever understand why people like rain.. What's there to like about rain? Who likes getting their clothes wet? How is the sound of rain soothing? Driving in the rain isn't so fun as well.. If anything, rain just hinders (if not ruins) your plans..

I can very much relate to this. I get romanticizing rain to an extent, especially if you live where it doesn't rain much, but I live in the Pacific Northwest, and it rains here quite often. Rain gets old pretty fast, and pretty much only becomes a nuisance if anything. I mean you get used to it but still, I'm never excited about rain.
Aug 27, 2016 2:21 AM

Feb 2014
I don't understand how people like EDM music. There's nothing catchy about it, just a bunch of wubwub sounds.

God that shit is so annoying.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Aug 27, 2016 3:50 AM

Oct 2010
Superheroes. Whenever a new superhero movie is coming out, people go completely wild for it. I have tried to watch quite a few of the well-liked superhero movies, the Batman movies, Iron Man, the X-Men movies, etc, and in most cases I was bored to tears.

I also can't understand why anyone would enjoy the sensation of being intoxicated.
It feels terrible. I also think that alcohol tastes pretty nasty, except for wine.
Aug 27, 2016 3:50 AM

Nov 2014
A Lot of People i know like to eat bread with Nutella + Peanutbutter + Cheese ... Just the thought of it makes me want to puke. How can anyone eat that?
If it's you captain. I might not mind... showing you everything. Like my engines...
Aug 27, 2016 4:03 AM

Nov 2013
crashinho the same goes for me. It's just too bitter, it doesn't even taste good for me. But not just beer but any kind of alcohol even if it's sweet and can be tasty, alcohol is a no-go.

Aug 27, 2016 4:58 AM

Aug 2014
@Seiryus
There is Fashion and then there is Weird Fashion, i love the former and hate the latter, though some weird fashion (a fraction of it) is artistic and i like it.
What you hate is probably the weird one.

OT: Most Modern Politicians especially Angela Merkel.
Aug 27, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2016
Will never understand why people love coffee and soda so much
Aug 27, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Friendship, smoking, drinking, weed.
Aug 27, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Seeded grapes. They are a monstrosity.
Aug 27, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2015
Ministrelle said:
A Lot of People i know like to eat bread with Nutella + Peanutbutter + Cheese ... Just the thought of it makes me want to puke. How can anyone eat that?

The taste of nutella+peanutbutter and the saltiness and texture of the cheese obviously.

But why those combinations, truffles are superior to cheese and the mild saltiness isn't really that great of an addition.
Aug 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
I didn't really get why Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey is so freaking popular.

And also, slapstick humor in cartoon movies. Watching other character been hit or get hurt is not funny for me, but horrific instead.
Aug 27, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
crashinho said:
I'm sure we all dislike something that is enjoyed by the overwhelming majority of other people. What is that thing for you?

I hate beer with a passion. I've tried so many different kinds but think they all taste the same and they all taste like piss. Every single time a friend of mine gets a beer, I go out of my way to try it and see if I can find any kind of enjoyment in it but always regret my choice. I can't wrap my mind around the thought of someone actually enjoying the taste of beer; I think a lot of people convince themselves that they like it because it is the social drink of choice most of the time.

What are some things that you guys will never understand why other people love it?

That's interesting I also always drink alcohol at social events and while getting drunk can be pretty fun, the taste of beer sucks to me as well. I've definitely gotten used to it but I also feel a lot of people drink it as social currency. There definitely are some people that genuinely love the taste though.

Might be a big shocker but for me it's pokemon. One of the reasons I never quite
got into it as a kid was the monsters were kind of lame looking. Don't have a problem with it I just find it massively less memorable than dbz or yugioh for example.

Aug 27, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Nightcore

I just don't get it. It's chipmunkified music. How does that make it better than the original?
Aug 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Nov 2015
Mayumi said:
I dunno, twilight? There must me a huge fanbase of that for it to get 5 movies. Its pretty shitty actually.

And the Hunger Games movies. Why is the movies so loved, the books are a 100 times better Imo.

Pokemon Go.

It's literally just another social media game. This social media game trash trend was finally beginning to die out.
Aug 27, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
Gem said:

I can so relate. Some people that think rain is amazing, has barely seen much rain at all. Maybe there are exceptions though. It just ruins your day. When heavy rain comes, which is common in the monsoon, the roads will get blocked, and going to school will be the biggest pain. Sometimes school will get closed....even right before exams. And the mini floods sometimes. Stuff like this happens most of the time.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Aug 27, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Why so much hate on Harry Potter, though? :(
----

Anyway, on topic: I will never understand people who like tomatoes, orange juice, and alcohol. I just can't.

I don't see what's so amazing about Clannad franchise either.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Aug 27, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2013
magical girl madoka magica. i just don't get the hype.
Aug 27, 2016 7:55 PM

Apr 2016
Erg_Orgy said:
Cause high heels are impractical..
Aug 27, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2016
Why women like shoes. I don't get it. Do most guys have a foot fetish or something?
Aug 27, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
Mystifire said:
Nightcore

I just don't get it. It's chipmunkified music. How does that make it better than the original?
Cause it sounds better like that sometimes
Aug 27, 2016 8:00 PM

Jun 2016
I have no idea why people love Trump. I feel so sorry for anyone living in the US.

Canada is open if you guys wanna chill here, in case Trump is elected.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 27, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
UnpopularAnime said:
Mystifire said:
Nightcore

I mean obviously that's the idea, but I don't understand WHY it sounds better to some people. It's faster and higher pitch, so all it does is distort the quality of the original recording and make it sound super unnatural, especially if the song already had some unnatural instrumentation to begin with.
Aug 27, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Selenium_Thorium said:
I have no idea why people love Trump. I feel so sorry for anyone living in the US.

Canada or the UK is the plan indeed! :P
Aug 27, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2016
Mystifire said:
UnpopularAnime said:

I mean obviously that's the idea, but I don't understand WHY it sounds better to some people. It's faster and higher pitch, so all it does is distort the quality of the original recording and make it sound super unnatural, especially if the song already had some unnatural instrumentation to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYVgEE0gfac

well imo this song is better nightcored. The original just sounds too slow to me, though I did here it + allot of other songs nightcored first.
Aug 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Apr 2016
Selenium_Thorium said:

It's because he will do something to stop illegal immigrants from coming into the states, and he will ban all those muslims for now, to prevent terror attacks.

I mean he will save many american lives if he gets elected. Just look at Europe. What I don't understand is why people hate him and call him a racist.
Aug 27, 2016 10:02 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe you'd like fruity tasting drinks better. I usually get the variety pack of smirnoff.

As for me i dislike toilet paper holders. I can't wrap it around my hand as easily when it's on that thing.
Aug 27, 2016 10:10 PM

Oct 2012
Erg_Orgy said:

yeah while i agree that" roshe one" (Thats their recent retconned name as they were never intended to be designed as running shoes and it wouldnt make sense for them to have connotations to running in the name of the sneaker) are disgusting as hell. It doesnt help that everyone and their mother wear that cheap POS shoe, especially highschool kids, man thats cancerous.

air maxes, especially the one u posted in that pic are disgusting too. The only decent air max 90 shoe in my opinion are the ones in the infrared colorway, only because theyre iconic as hell and i doubt any of the swag fag streetwear kids these days lived through that era...

I dont mind people rocking "running shoes" as everyday kicks though, look how popular the adidas ultraboost is. Colorways are always selling out and I doubt most people rocking them arent rocking them to run in, thats for sure.

Nmds are also pretty dope.
Aug 27, 2016 10:14 PM

Aug 2016
Literally mostly currently trending things - varies from things like yoga pants as casualwear to Harry Potter to Skrillex haircuts. How these things get popular and are accepted are beyond me.
Aug 27, 2016 11:52 PM

Nov 2008
Reading books. I've enjoyed a few, but can't get into most of them. I prefer movies, mostly.

Also, going out. There's nothing for me to do out there. I quickly get bored or depressed and go home.

Aug 28, 2016 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
Ezekiel said:
Also, going out. There's nothing for me to do out there. I quickly get bored or depressed and go home.

+1 I feel no need to go out and waste my gas to stand around for 5 hours doing nothing. Thankfully, my friends on and off agree.

I don't understand people who happily spend 80 dollars or so on one small thing of branded makeup. I have two friends, both of which buy at least 90+ dollars of makeup every other month from people like Jeffree Star and stuff and they never use it. And then they complain that they have no money when all of their money is sitting next to the sink, probably not even opened. It annoys the hell outta me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
I don't understand the appeal in Eeveelutions, they're all pretty ugly tbh.
Aug 28, 2016 10:14 PM

Mar 2014
Breaking Bad

It's just a TV series about some bald guy who sells drugs and his infantile sidekick, there's nothing special about it

(I may or may not have seen only two episodes)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 28, 2016 10:35 PM
DORIFTU!!!!

Oct 2013
1)People who like Pulp in their OJ are the spawn of satan
2)Country music is awful
3)Butter Popcorn
4)PewDiePie
5)Naruto

I'll stop there, I can go on for daysssss
:D
Aug 28, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
Pokemon Go, pickles, and relish

awefjo;ieowajfwoiaejf
Aug 29, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
I'll never understand women who love shopping and spend forever doing it. I'm impatient when it comes to shopping and standing too long hurts my back.

I'll never understand why a lot of people like guys with those ugly snapbacks. That's definitely not my thing at all.

I'll never understand why people love sports and watching people play sports. Does watching other people play sports and receive money from doing so give you happiness? I don't know. "Competition's fun to watch!"... not really.

I'll never understand people who like taking selfies and pictures. You'll never find a picture of my face online, I'll tell you that much.

I've never understood why people like PewDiePie and other such YouTubers. I've seen a couple videos and they aren't funny or to my liking.

I'll never understand those who wear makeup.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 29, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2016
NasalShark said:
Pokemon Go.

It's literally just another social media game. This social media game trash trend was finally beginning to die out.
Nah.

Pokemon Go's fine. Probably will have more profit than League this year fam
Aug 29, 2016 7:54 AM

Jul 2014
- Babymetal. They just seem shallow and vacuous to me. Not to mention they're annoying af.
- The Walking Dead. I dropped it halfway through the first season as it felt like a generic Romero imitation. I'll give it another shot tho.
- Nationalism. I see no reason to take pride in lines drawn on a map.
- The Matrix. Not a bad movie at all, but it's simply unengaging and the philosophy felt too heavy handed. Been years since I've seen it though.
- How to Train Your Dragon (film). This has a lot to do with the fact that I grew up with the book, which was an offbeat, cynical parody of fantasy stories whereas the film featured too many tropes and lacked wit.
LoveLikeBloodAug 29, 2016 8:03 AM
Take care of yourself

Aug 29, 2016 8:37 AM

Nov 2015
Sweet said:
Why so much hate on Harry Potter, though? :(

Because it's a glorified bedtime tale, nothing more. Bad looking people are bad, good looking people are good, intelligent/thoughtful people are always evil, innocent looking people are innocent, Dumbledore is a nepotist and so on. It's nothing more than a fool's fantasy. There are other fantasies that are much better and convey much more important messages. Lord of the Rings is one of them.

Just ask yourself: What did I learn from Harry Potter?

If you learnt 'something' from Harry Potter then you haven't learnt enough in your life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

25 by Rhaelynne »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

21 by _Nette_ »»
31 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.