Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 28, 2016 9:59 PM

Aug 2015
Well, I knew it was gonna take two episodes till the match begins so I saved up,
glad I did though. Souma always come through, always. He's at disadvantage,
but at the same time he's not.

Nakiri's mom though, I knew she was scary from the start.
Aug 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
I quite like these prep episodes :) It's really interesting to me to see the thought process behind the cooking. Of course, we really only get to see how Souma does :P Trying to find ways to compete with Ryou and Akira's knowledge of choosing fish by aging it is an interesting idea! Seems like Fumio inspired him with ... something! Not quite sure what he pulled out at the end actually XD Anyway, nice to see him asking his friends for help with the aging techniques. Nice to see a new judge too - Alice's mother! Though she's from Denmark apparently ... haha, "bad Japanese" accents are always funny :P Looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 31, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THOSE HOT WHITE HAIRED WOMEN?!

Wow the mother was like 11/10. Other than that this episode was great.

HNGG?!
Aug 31, 2016 4:14 PM

Oct 2007
souma the ultimate underdog! Love his surprises...every time only he knows what he's doing but the execution is entertaining regardless.

Also..souma and tadokoro market date :)
Sep 4, 2016 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
Lol the japanese. Nakiri Eleanor is very much Alice's mother with that kind of face.

Soma to counter fresh fish by curing his. Smart move, he would never reach the fresh aspects that both Kurokiba and Hayama are doing. And it differentiates his dish as well.
Sep 25, 2016 5:12 PM

May 2012
Damn awesome development, especially that ending! Looking really forward to see what happens next!
Oct 1, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
I hope whatever Yukihira is planning will go well.

Whoa Alice's mom is fucking hot, and it seems she has her eyes on Souma for defeating her daughter ohoho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 16, 2016 7:08 AM
May 2012
Soli18 said:
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THOSE HOT WHITE HAIRED WOMEN?!

Wow the mother was like 11/10. Other than that this episode was great.

HNGG?!

I know, right. My weakness *o*
Oct 21, 2016 10:03 PM

May 2015
this is when the best ship souma x old hag ship sailed.

in all seriousness pretty good ep. alice's mom is pretty hawt xD
Nov 28, 2016 8:19 PM

Mar 2015
Nice between-battle episode to hype it up and show us a glimpse of how they're preparing!

Wow, Leonora-dono! :O
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
Alice's mother.... I like her crappy Japanese. lolol xD

Also Souma never disappoints, does he? His fish looks disgusting in comparison to the other two. rofl
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:31 AM

May 2013

I think Souma-kun salted his fish for a long time :0 and got inspiration from the landlady's pickled veggies she was eating with her sake. That part was too q. She's like his grandma ^-^
Mar 28, 2017 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
That Sakaki scene wasn't even in the manga.^^
Apr 11, 2017 8:37 PM

May 2015
Souma fish Lol! I wonder what's his secret...

On a side note:
Alice's mom is sure is a sexy MILF however Alice is far sexier (with that personality of hers) nonetheless judging by how her mom looks like (DNA) Ryou is a lucky bastard! XD
Apr 17, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
Interesting episode. I didn't knew there's so much you have to look at to find the perfect mackerel. Of course Akira and Ryou have a big advantage over Souma. Ryou trained 10 years to acquire a tactile sense which is almost unique. But damn Akiras sense of smell is crazy.

Soumas idea to refine the mackerel was nice but none of the 3 refinements he tried were as good as the mackerel Ryou prepared at the fish market. The scene with Nikumi was cute, the blush :D

It also seems that everyone thinks Souma will definitely lose. Of course they have every reason for that. I wonder which idea Souma had when he saw Fumio drink and eat? How can he ever beat the super mackerels of Ryou and Akira?

So that's Alices mother? She's really hot, even if her pronunciation was super funny :D

Hmm what happened to Soumas mackerel? It looked like it's baked in something. And with that the finals have finally begun. This will be so good.

Jun 7, 2017 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
That cougar in the fish market 😂

I love the prepping episodes. They give the matches a lot more substance. I wonder what Sōma did to make his fish look like that :O
Sep 14, 2017 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
Sakaki's fanservice was the highlight of the episode. Damn, that body.

Ikumi should know by now that when ever Souma calls her, he needs her help.

Alice's mother showed up. Her Japanese is bad.

Oct 1, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 2017
Finally a non-tournament episode! It's been so long since original content
Oct 26, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
As a prologue to what will come, it seems more than satisfactory: there is the usual parenthesis dedicated to the explanations in the culinary field, the study phase with Soma more than motivated by the pressures, which did not happen before, given by the two most experienced opponents in their field and finally the protagonist's growth as far as his chef's experience is concerned. As if that were not enough, after all this round of good motivation, there is also the entry of a new character, which adds novelty and comedy, too. I bent with laughter when the mother of Alice did utter those five words in Japanese. XD
Nov 9, 2017 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, probably the best of season 2 so far. Felt way more like season 1 with them researching ways to make the fish taste even better. Nikumi was cute and Ryouko fanservice was hot. We also got to see Alice's mum for the first time, her introduction was funny as hell xD
Feb 6, 2018 4:58 AM

Dec 2012
Megumi wants to come along. Hope she doesn't take 30 minutes to get ready.
Ryou and Alice.
lol They're going to Skokugeki at the fish market.
Souma loss.
SUGOI! Ryouko oppai in that bra. Dat pantsu. Dat booty. Dat body.
lol at Nikumi.
I love the way Ryouko looks so perfect eating.
lol at what Nikumi told Megumi.
Souma loves Fumio? The ship no one expected.
LMAO at the crowd when they introduce Souma.
Nakiri Leonara? Alice's okaasan?
LMAO at her horrible Japanese.
Dat Leonara goukigenyou. lol
Dat ending.

Leonara can get it. I see where Alice get's her oppai from. Out of all the female Nakiri's, Erina still has the best goukigenyou. Also, I just realized no Sonoka. WTF! Bring her back. Please! I didn't get to say goodbye.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 1, 2019 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Let's see what his plan is.
Jul 3, 2019 5:03 AM

May 2016
With Ryou honing his specialty for all things seafood including the procurement of the very best ingredients available for roughly a decade and Hayama's godly sense of smell being with him for all his life, Soma's at a massive disadvantage against the two and he knows it. Thinking about a battle plan on the spot just wouldn't cut it against opponent's like them so he decided to use the connections he had made over the last 6 months to overcome the first hurdle that presented itself before him. It might not have worked out as planned initially but granny's pickled snacks gave him the perfect idea in the end. The guy restored the honour of a hundred chefs on the spot so he should've had more fanfare for him aside from Polar Star and friends even if he did have less coverage though.

Nikumi's as adorable as ever, Kyoko's bod was superb, and Leonora's a combination of both ♡ The judges before them are the most important ones everyone in Totsuki had faced yet!

Jan 7, 2020 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like Souma got an idea, can't to see what is it
Feb 10, 2020 8:23 PM

Aug 2017
It's funny because at first I didn't like Alice and now I think she's very funny. And her mother too.

I wonder what Souma will have prepared.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2020 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
Shit is hitting the fan, dat ending was perfect for all that struggling throughout the episode ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2021 6:51 PM

Jul 2017
I like these kind of episodes where Soma researches and pursues trial-and-error methods to practice his method of cooking certain kinds of dishes, since it feels like a great platform to help his skills grow in general, and to interact with other characters too in the process who've been nothing but commentary for a while. Also refreshing to see him in a genuine disadvantage position given how the theme fit more in Kurokiba's lane and lacks the senses that Hayama has to choose the best fish for the challenge. Makes the whole idea of gathering own ingredients rather than having to work with an assigned pantry to be even more fascinating to watch. His method seems desperate compared to the other two, but the guy's gotta do what he can to catch up to both of them despite his shortcomings.
Mar 12, 2022 9:50 PM
Mar 2021
alices mom is literally me trying to speak Japanese LOL
Nov 25, 2022 4:25 PM
May 2020
Man, people are picky about fish, but loved the research in this episode.
Jul 12, 2023 11:23 AM

Dec 2022
Very good epiosde
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.