Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 3:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was predictable but glad to see Naruhodou emerge victory after fighting hard to win the case. Nice. NOT GUILTY.

So this Circus arc end. Honestly, this has been one of my favorites so far mainly because of how purely fun it is. They should pull more episodes like this in the future.
Stark700Aug 20, 2016 4:16 AM
Aug 20, 2016 4:36 AM

Dec 2012
Lol that reenactment.

A prank that turned to tragedy.

Poor Acro & Mirika understanding what she did.
"Gorgeous"

Final case next week & the return of Mitsurugi.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 20, 2016 5:15 AM

Sep 2015
Wow that was a sad case, almost cried at the end
Mitsurugi is back next week ? :o
Aug 20, 2016 5:36 AM

May 2015
They managed to salvage one of the worst cases in the game by cutting out most of the annoying stuff and actually made it fun to watch. Loved the re-enactment bit. This show has improved a fair bit since the beginning.
Aug 20, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
I normally don't post on these but I'm glad this case is over with. It does sadden me how the anime does skip a lot of stuff, but at the same time they still get the important parts I suppose. I do wonder how much game content they intend on animating, my guess is up until the end of the third game, though I'd love to see Apollo get some animated treatment.

Aug 20, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2015
The clown is flying, the lion is smiling. LOL
That note about tragedy six month ago the memo and the bust have finally used to "help" Naruhodo finish the case.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 20, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
I hope they add a scene (maybe in the final episode) where Bat awakes from his coma.
Aug 20, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something.... It was made pretty clear that acro san did it.... the tragic story though
Aug 20, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
It's kind of a shame that they cut out so much from the case so that only 3 episodes were made, but at least they made so much cooler than in the game. This case's adaption into anime reeeaaaalllyyyy worked thanks to the advantage of camera angles and perspectives, so we can see how the entire trial changes Regina as it plays out, something that was kinda missing in the game, since you see her once pre-trial and again post-trial, with no transition to her behavior. Aside from that, episode structure and the reenactment really helped the show this week. The only problem may still be the super cheesy dialogue that they sprinkled in every so often.

Good job.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Aug 20, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2016
despite the fact they clearly cut out so much, i was really impressed with how they were able to really show when Mirika finally understood how wrong she was. and despite the fact i never really felt sympathy for Acro in the past when playing the game, i kinda felt really bad for him here. and with Mirika begging for her to get punished instead and everything was pretty sad. i thought they did this arc really well despite that i remembered not really liking the case too much when i played the game.

either way, next week hype. so excited for pretty much my absolute favorite case of the entire series ~ can't wait to see how they do everything!
Aug 20, 2016 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
That was one sad case!
Aug 20, 2016 11:02 AM
Jan 2009
A job well done. Pretty decent direction for a good adaptation that solved most of the problem of the original case in the game.
Aug 20, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
I have to say this was actually pretty good. The new things it added fit in perfectly. If anyone is interested in playing the ace attorney series I can say that the anime is a decent guide but there's still going to be somethings you will have to figure out on your own. The best case starts next, also still a little disappointed that they didn't use any of the music from justice for all. Another little thing I'm glad they fixed and that's franziska's constant saying of the word fool/foolish so glad they toned it down, that was the one thing about her that was annoying.
Aug 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
This case in the anime was much better for me than in the game. We need to praise A1-Pictures for this.
Aug 20, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
well, somehow, i didn't really bother with the case that much. i was just enjoying it tho xD so overall it was a pretty enjoyable episode even tho there was nothing impressive about it imo.

Karma will be making an appearence in the next episode.
i can't wait for that xD
Aug 20, 2016 12:51 PM
Jan 2013
Wow. this is better than the game counterpart. I am surprised....
Now this only made me anxious instead of getting more excited for the next case. Oh well, let's wait....
Aug 20, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2016
i never liked the 2 game...(i think it's justice for all?)
idk, the cases were borring in my opinion...
but man, the anime delivered the worst case in the game WAY BETTER than the actual game...
Aug 20, 2016 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
Looks like somebody is gonna make a come back.
Aug 20, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Man, somehow I even managed to hate Acro more here than I already did in the games.

Anyway, my favorite case in the whole series starts next week, not looking forward to how the anime will handle it but I'll force myself through it regardless.
Aug 20, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
I actually liked this more than the games. The magic trick was where the bust was hidden was still pretty BS but those feels at the end.

Acro ;_;

Next episodes starts one of my favourite cases! My body is ready!
Aug 20, 2016 4:42 PM
Apr 2014
This case was pretty hard in the game, yeah figuring out that the bust was in the courtroom wasn't too tough but that it was held by Acro's legs was pretty insane, especially since you don't see the lower half of characters in the game. Also how the murder scene happened was crazy, props to Naruhodo on this one, The pepper making the lion sneeze was easily predictable.
Max's contract was a raise for everyone? I don't remember that in the games maybe they added that to make him more sympathetic
Next case is be freaking amazing and unique and Mitsurugi Kenji is back, easily 2nd best case in the franchise and a great way to end the anime, hopefully they do it justice (heh) with the episodes left.
Aug 20, 2016 5:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So...why exactly is this case hated? Don't see any reason why, that was the best case in the series so far.

A murderer that you can actually somewhat sympathize with, wrapped up in only three episodes yet managed to be interesting all the way through, good characters (that was expected from a circus tbh from my side)
Aug 20, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
Gotta say, this was a pretty decent conclusion to this case. It was a pretty decent case, overall, as well.

Aug 20, 2016 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
Drake1000 said:

Max's contract was a raise for everyone? I don't remember that in the games maybe they added that to make him more sympathetic.

Not exactly...in the game it was stated that Max needed the raise in order to pay off his father's debts. So he was still pretty sympathetic in the game, just for a different reason.

Also, they changed the ending a bit with Max's surprise return to the circus. In the game, he stated flatly after the trial that he would not be returning, but Moe told him he would work hard to make it the best circus, so Max decided to return. I guess they handled that part better in the anime, although I could do less with the cheesy dialogue.

I never really understood the hatred this case gets in the game. I find Max one of the best defendants in the trilogy. The contrast between the apparent vain and conceited magician and the hardworking son who just wanted to make everyone around him do their best was really well-done. It made him sympathetic without making him obviously nice. Also, I actually found Moe and Ben&Trillo pretty funny. To each their own, I guess.

That's why I disagree with what most people here are saying and I think as usual this case was much better in the game. This episode in particular was pretty cheesy and went by so quickly without having the same emotional impact - something that applies to the whole adaptation.

Let's see how they will handle the best case in the trilogy next week. I do not have high hopes, but nevertheless, I will watch it through the end.
Aug 20, 2016 6:35 PM

Aug 2016
This was probably my favourite episode so far. Everything was handled perfectly. From Regina's reaction to learning the truth, to Acro's eventual breakdown to Max deciding to stay with the circus.
While I'm not someone who hated the case in the original game I definitely agree it was handled a lot better here. And next week is the start of farewell my turnabout which will probably either make or break this anime for me. I really hope they do a good job with it.
Aug 20, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2016
This is definitely the best execution of a case in the anime. The moment I finished the episode, I finally realized that they finally got their shit together ♡

The feels hit me when I least expected it. The way they handled it was GORGEOUS!

Edgey's coming back next episode. I hope A-1 can keep up or improve with this quality.

Aug 20, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
They really fucking did it, they made it good. Good job!

I really understand Acro's feelings and after his screw up (killing the ringmaster) he was already fucked up.

Edgeworth is back!!! I really like that guy is so edgy (pun intended) that you can only like him.
Aug 20, 2016 8:33 PM

Apr 2015
Smudy said:
So...why exactly is this case hated? Don't see any reason why, that was the best case in the series so far.

In the game there was a portion in one of the court parts where if Moe told a joke you'd get in trouble for it, which was an incredibly frustrating part to play. And a lot of people just didn't like a lot of the characters, mostly Moe and Ben.
Aug 20, 2016 8:51 PM

Apr 2013
They did a lot of justice to this case, the scenes they added when Acro confessing his crime were really awesome to see - Bat and Regina's relationship, and how Acro saw Regina sprinkling pepper onto Bat's scarf, and finally that epic chopsticks snapping by the exceedingly furious Acro.

I never expected that they could do that re-enactment this way, poor Franziska, as if the entire circus was against her.

Next case would easily be the best one for this show, with levels of drama and suspense heightened to totally different degree, brace yourself, folks. =)

Aug 20, 2016 9:42 PM
Oct 2015
Gotta say best episode so far, they really added to this one and made the second trial a faithful recreation. I'm Curious how many episode do you think we'll get for the final case. I'm guessing 4-6 but i'm hoping for 6
Aug 21, 2016 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
I think it was one of my favorite episode. The reconstitution was nice to watch, Naruhodou totally won this trial, and the ending was pretty sad :/.
Aug 21, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
Yes.. De Killer!!!!
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 21, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
Why did he wanna kill her if he knew it was a harmless prank?
Aug 22, 2016 12:08 AM

Jul 2009
Can't wait for the next ep. One of the best cases in the entire Phoenix Wright series. :D
Aug 22, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
TrashDax said:

Because he couldn't stand how ignorant she was
Aug 23, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2011
Wait, I've just realized this... Are they only going to adapt the first two games? Such a shame, I was looking forward to seeing Godot and
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 24, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2008
oh wow, what an emotional episode. I finally found something in the anime that I liked better than in the game. Because to me, the ending of this case in the game was a bit emotional, but not to this level. Also, it was cool seeing the re-enactment of the murder from Phoenix, Maya, and circus gang.

TrashDax said:
In the game, Acro better states that Regina's innocence and lack of guilt towards what happened to Bat got to him. See, when Regina's father taught her that people became stars after they died and watched over them, Regina had then come to the conclusion that death was not something to be sad about. That, in turn, made her not feel any guilt or remorse or any other negative feelings towards Bat's accident and coma because she did not fully comprehend the gravity of the situation that occurred thanks to her prank. Acro stated that he was depressed both because he couldn't walk anymore and because his younger brother Bat was in a coma with no assurance of whether he'll live. Now this feeling turned to anger when he noticed that Regina just kept about her life happy and innocent and not caring nor giving a second thought about the tragedy that had occurred due to her prank. So he decided to deal with his anger by getting revenge on her and making her see the gravity of what she had caused, even if the tragedy was not her intention to happen.
Kino_no_TabiAug 24, 2016 8:14 AM
Aug 24, 2016 11:43 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoyed this case a lot surprisingly.

I didn't hate it in the game, but it definitely didn't stand out. In terms of the anime, this was the best case so far imo.

Though I do miss this
Aug 27, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
Show's apparently on break, no new episode this week.
Aug 27, 2016 10:53 AM

Aug 2015
That's the second break it's had so far. I don't necessarily mind, I just hope it's not a sign of trouble.
Aug 28, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
Mirika not realizing at all what she did caused 2 deaths, 1 near death and someone to become a murderer...yeah I don't condone violence against girls but boy did she need a wake up call or something.
Aug 28, 2016 11:52 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Just kinda random, but I really don't like the OPs and EDs and apparently they changed but they just sound the same to me.
Let's keep this going I guess.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Have to say I somehow enjoyed this arc, it had different feel then the rest but the charcters were interesting and the drama flew nicely.

Mitsurugi comes back next time wonder how important that is. And this time Mei had lost for the second time I guess she had to be furious.
Sep 26, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2011
Probably my favorite case thus far, such a tragic story. I, in particular, really liked that during the trial, it was not a back-and-forth between Naruhodo and von Karma, and that the focus was not on the defense lawyer and prosecutor, but rather on the murderer of this case and his motive. It is also refreshing that this trial didn't involve anyone who's either a friend of Naruhodo, or someone who is a friend of someone Naruhodo knows / someone who is going to be a recurring character. (I assume)

Hype for Mitsurugi's return, but I see he's on cheat code as always.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2016 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
Mei: Where is the bust?

Me: Look straight at the ground. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like how Acro didn't flinch at Ryuichi's air bending.

Reiji is coming back. Oh yeah!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 7, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely conclusion, they really managed to make that ending really melodramatic in a good way! Pretty lovely end of this case and with 4 more episodes remaining, I really wonder what will happen next!
Nov 22, 2016 1:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fawful said:
They managed to salvage one of the worst cases in the game by cutting out most of the annoying stuff and actually made it fun to watch. Loved the re-enactment bit. This show has improved a fair bit since the beginning.

Get real, it was an interesting case. I didnt liked they cutted stuff out, like wasnt Max supposed to be dating Regina for example? That whole plotline is gone.
Apr 25, 2023 8:35 PM
Dec 2022
Jeez louise i mean i already knew what was going to happen but the ending was dang tragic :,)
Jan 10, 8:58 PM
Jan 2023
The anime ver of this case is way better than its game counterpart, lol

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

84 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 4, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.