Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2016 10:22 PM

Nov 2015
Actions speak louder than words - what if my only action is that of loudly speaking words? What speaks louder then, the words or the action? One could say: Only the banality of your personality speaks loudly in such a case.

Interview with kamisama751 (@filthyjesus)
Interviewer and reviewer: Yours truly.

Tell us more about yourself.

I am kamisama751 (won't tell you my real name here :P) and I am still a student living in Europe.

Back in 2007 I started getting into anime and have mostly watched shounen shows. As time went on my tastes changed. So I started to consume moe, ecchi and other types of shows increasingly. Just last year I subscribed to a few youtubers with critical thinking and their content actually helped me further refine my taste. This is how I got to my current state. Of course, I have also watched some anime before 2007 but I don't really know what it is at that time.

Recently I started consuming other mediums like manga and live action, mostly or maybe because I am somewhat exhausted from anime. However, I still love it.

How exactly do you employ critical thinking to decide your enjoyment? To elaborate: do you tend to notice the philosophical allusions in the anime and then judge the soundness of it and thereby make your judgement, for example?

Yes, for example that for the theme but they should also explore it. Mostly the critical thinking, what a show did right (theme exploration, characterization, ...) and what wrong (inconsistencies, forced/unnatural progression, ...), affects my enjoyment automatically no matter if I want it or not. Nevertheless, there are still many things going noticed even if I try not to focus on it and I don't go very deep into it usually. The switch to turn it off seems to be not working so well.

Editor's note: nigga be talking 'bout his infinite IQ. much sweg
Give us a brief history of your time on MAL. Which sections of MAL are you the most active on?

I joined MAL in 2014 and found the design to be awful. So I didn't use it for a few months but I wanted a list so I came back to MAL. In march 2016 I visited the forum for the first time and also posted something there. Then I became more and more active.

The anime discussion section is the subforum where I spend most of my time on MAL. Other departments don't really interest me that much and the series discussions are just a big mess for cringeness. So I don't visit other sections very often.

How do you think the MAL community sees you? How do you feel about that?

I think they see me as a complete asshole since I have done/posted many pretty "controversial" things such as about "objective quality", "attack on train-wreck mistakes". If I look back at my posts from a few months ago then I can see myself behaving kind of like an idiot. Therefore, the hate is understandable. Recently I think I have overdone the satire about elitism where I became an elitist myself. So I have gained even more hate from people on MAL.

Of course, there are also a few people who see me differently.

How is your posting satire when you actually are an elitist though? Or are you intentionally nudging because of the stigma around elitism?

It started as satire but I overdid it and became elitistic afterwards. And yes, I did that in the first place because of the community's altitude about elitism. Now I am on a cool-down from it anyway.

What do you feel about the board you use the most? What do you feel about the community in general?

Pretty mixed. There is a big variety in both board I use the most and the community. While interesting topics and more mature people exist, there also silly questions and retards. Different sections also gather different kind of people. So giving an overall impression of the whole MAL is kind of difficult.

In general I haven't really anything to say about the anime discussion forum and its community. However, the series discussion is god damn awful with full of uneducated human beings (except for a few special snowflakes).

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

They are... okay. I got banned several times but the reasons are acceptable. The team behind MAL also do their job. So there isn't much complain about them. The only issue I got it is the width of this website is over 1000px and it is not designed responsively. So I can't really split my screen (full HD) in two half and it annoys me.

Editor's note: You just gave the admins more reasons to not do anything about this non-issue. Good job.
Are there any users you like or dislike? Please explain why deem them as such.

There is the female squad @Comic_sans, @KonaKoffee and @Tiadee, because chatting with them is funny. It is not because I want a waifu or anything, baka. Others are for example @Z-Dante for making fun of his taste, @aqing0601 and @Sometimes791 for a few entertaining conversations.

I don't like @EcchiLordMamster at all because he has no idea about literature standards and critical thinking and conversations with him are always very messed up. Then he also spammed my comment section. @Flannan is another example for various reasons, he is sometimes/quite often toxic, does not make much sense about many things and is quite elitistic. But I am not the person who should say this. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

There are also many others who gave me either a positive or a negative impression but not impactful enough for getting mentioned here.

@Zal gets a special mention. He is on the neutral line because conversations with him are fun but he won't stop mentioning that I should finally start watching Monster.

Editor's note: PSsst! you can have TiaDee. The others are taken. If you need counseling on how to fish grils online, I am here.

What are some MAL members you consider the most influential? You're not allowed to include yourself.

I would think @Pullman and @Kuma have the biggest influence. Pullman always posts very well rounded, detailed comments and Kuma helps the "identify the anime/character section" a lot.

@EcchiLordMamster is a negative example. His... way of thinking is so awful and annoying and that ruins everything.

What a shame that I am not allowed to name myself. Otherwise I would have gone through all the shitstorms I've caused. XD

Is there a MAL member you would want to take on a date or get to know better? Who and why?

None. I am satisfied with my pillow.

Editor's note: Ok, so why did you cross out the only thing that completed the sentence?

Do you see yourself leaving MAL in the near future? Why?

I don't think so. I might get less active in the near future because school will start soon. Leaving might happen when I start working.

Why do you want to be the no.1 best Elitist of MAL ever? (sent by Akeno_Misaki)

Because I want to feel superior.

Editor's note: Again, what is your obsession with crossing out the only thing you say?

Can you recommend us 3 members who we can choose from to interview next and briefly explain why you would love to read their interviews?

I recommend @Sometimes791, @Konakana and @aqing0601.

Any shameless self-promotions? Perhaps you want more publicity for your club, or a suggestion for the community to see?

School days is a very good anime and Shitcom is amazing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So, this concludes our very short, banal, and utterly uninformative, interview with the very short (possibly), banal, and utterly uninformative, resident elitist of MAL. Auf Wiedersehen!

(This interview underwent some grammatical corrections and heavy spell-check. Some parts are still incomprehensible but I've left them as such in fear of altering the intended meaning)
TimeToRepentDec 7, 2017 5:01 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 15, 2016 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
Bby ILY
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 16, 2016 12:13 AM

Apr 2015
Wish you'd answer the questions more in depth instead of FLAUNTING but whatver.

kamisama751 said:
@JkayW
My question: Why is your taste so shit & what type of elitist do you define yourself as.

What are you talking about? My taste is the best one in this entire world. It is obvious that Mars of Destruction is a masterpiece and I am a superior type of elititst.

OHHH. You're urionically an elitist.… Mmm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2016 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

They are... okay. I got banned several times but the reasons are acceptable. The team behind MAL also do their job. So there isn't much complain about them.

You're supposed to bash us!! >__<

Aug 19, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
kamisama751 said:
I mean, should I really mention the dictatorship the mods are taking? I might even get a permaban.

We're all so evil

Make a support thread then baka :P
Aug 19, 2016 6:25 PM
Jan 2013
JkayW said:
There is no such thing as a unironical elitist

Trance said:
Any shameless self-promotions? Perhaps you want more publicity for your club, or a suggestion for the community to see?

gone bai bai
Aug 19, 2016 11:09 PM

Apr 2015
Mkim said:
JkayW said:
There is no such thing as a unironical elitist

Trance said:

Well no, it's just called an elitist. The unironic part makes the sentence imply that I thought he was ironic about being an elitist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
Wow man admitting your faults and saying your bans were justified takes a lot of maturity nice.
Aug 20, 2016 5:48 PM

Mar 2014
You and @EcchiLordMamster just need to fuck already.
Jan 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Feb 2015
Mhhh...I just know that the hate towards Mamster is real....xD But I never knew it's that hard... Damn dude.... xD You should spread the love and elitism not just elitism...

Mehhh... Too much work thinking deep in anime rekts my brain... Good for you dude...xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.