Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 5, 2016 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
Took me nearly a month to post this thought. I'm not big on ships, and I'm very glad this story is not big on them, too. However, with their connection earlier in the story and Armin's devouring of Bert, the Armin/Annie ship is looking pretty strong.
Sep 5, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2012
Finally caught up with this manga. I dislike the plot armor given to certain characters. This arc has been fantastic though. Might be my fav in the series with uprising coming in second. Need to get to that basement though. Need to see whats in it. Wonder how the corps will bounce back from this war since they lost heavy numbers.
you sound poor
Sep 7, 2016 9:05 AM
Sep 2015
Everyone here sad about bert dying, and fujos dropping the show, and i'm here still emotionally unstable about how erwin gave up on everything he had including his dream atoning in his last moments for the sake of humanity and how with his last ounces of strength denied the serum.
Rai_jinSep 7, 2016 9:09 AM
Sep 10, 2016 5:02 PM

Dec 2011
Rai_jin said:
Everyone here sad about bert dying, and fujos dropping the show, and i'm here still emotionally unstable about how erwin gave up on everything he had including his dream atoning in his last moments for the sake of humanity and how with his last ounces of strength denied the serum.

Umm... Didn't I say Bertholdt Hoover's end was extremely satisfying to me (I'm extremely happy to see him die; cue Suzaku's angry laugh) ...? Also, I'm actually happy that Erwin gets to have an eternal rest after decades of painful struggle against the Titans and the evilest of the humanity.
That said, Armin is under the curse of being a Titan now...
raidenwarriorSep 10, 2016 5:08 PM
Sep 12, 2016 6:21 PM
Jan 2012
Armin alive. Erwin is death. Bert's rip. I have great expectatives for next chapters
Sep 12, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
If armin died here it would've been one of the greatest deaths I could think of. Isayama had no balls, what a waste.
Sep 21, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2015
The chapter was well done. Too bad it could be named "how to slow the events progression down efficiently".

3/5
Sep 21, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2012
What if........the wall is actually a zoo or natural reserve of some sort and humans are actually advanced in technology.......maybe those "Rebels" are actually human rights activist trying to free those trapped within the wall!
Jan 31, 2017 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
Good chapter, the way it went down made me to accept the last chapter's path that Isayama took (with Armin surviving from a 50m fall and burned body and Reiner surviving once again).

At least he didn't make Berthold to escape somehow and just killed him. So the most iconic and first Titan went down. Like you say, we will be getting information of him/them through Armin's gained memories, most probably. The last moments of Berthold were great lol he was scared as fuck when he was gonna be devored, it reminded me a lot of how Marco died. Bert totally deserved this.

RIP Commander Erwin, he really grew on me with the pass of the time.

Now, onto the basement!!
Feb 16, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2014
Armin Lives...Yes so happy that he was brought back...does that mean he will have have feelings for Annie as well...Woooooh I am jumping to conclusions quick...
Mar 12, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
it hurts everytime i reread this
FUCK

it hurts, Erwin!!! (

I MISS YOU, COMMANDER HANDSOME T_T
Apr 1, 2017 3:16 PM

Feb 2014
Fucking rot in hell Bert.
Apr 11, 2017 5:25 AM
Jan 2014
Well it was obvious that it was going to happen, but it's still tragic.

Instead of getting rid of the worst character, they just made him an even bigger part of the series.
Apr 16, 2017 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
Mah lil boii is still alive woop woop
Apr 19, 2017 10:19 AM
Feb 2015
keragamming said:
Reading the full chapter is way better than bits of spoiler here and there. Alot of persons assume Erwin was the one that told Levi to use the serum on Armin, since that was the predictable outcome. Thankfully but that was far from the case.

The way how Isayama wrote this chapter was brilliant and his use of literary device was on point, and how he wrote this chapter made Levi decide on his own on who will get the serum felt more natural/realistic and less contrived imo, this was a much better way imo. Great chapter honestly, faith has been resotred. Still don't like the fact that Armin is now a shifter, but I will get over it, I'll need some time getting use to it.

I think those people that said they're going to drop the manga opinion might change, since the full chapter give the readers a completelty different perspective than what the spoiler were implying. Or better yet, what we thought was going to happen. Eip Erwin and Bertholt.

5/5
mikasa acts like a spoiled brat she acts too impulsively on her emotions she was ready to kill levi for armin like cmom now
Apr 19, 2017 10:21 AM
Feb 2015
Rai_jin said:
i read the chapter but how did he denie thw serum he was unconsciounce
Jun 22, 2017 11:39 AM
Jun 2017
Ok so I got a question for yins on this forum. Did Armin inherit Bertholdt's memories? Because if so he should know everything about what the Marleyan gov't has been doing and how they've been training young Eldians to massacre their own kind? I personally don't think Bertholdt and Reiner were that bad of guys. They lived under a dictatorship where they were brainwashed since the day they were little children how can you possibly blame them for how they turned out? They both clearly realized they were wrong and regretted what they had done but it was too late. And when you consider the attack on Shinganshina in the first episode from their perspective you have to feel sorry for them. They were just little boys then and they had not yet met anyone inside the walls so in their minds they were mounting and attack on a bunch of monsters bc that's what they had been brainwashed to believe.
Jun 23, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2013
I'm feel really bad and sad for Levi... He always end to lose important people for him :(
I wish that trio could lose sometime too. They can't understand Levi. How many sacrifices he did, how many people he lost (even his best friends). But the trio take all for guaranteed ><
Jun 25, 2017 9:28 PM

Apr 2016
It's clear that Levi has gone through so much in life. It was logical for Levi to initially plan on giving the injection to Erwin, since his friend has so much experience and leadership...yet, I was touched, when Levi asked, "Can't we just...let him go?" Erwin truly deserved to rest.

Eren and Mikasa's anger and desire to save Armin...As his childhood friends, it made sense for them to want to maintain Armin's life. I like that Eren reinforced that Armin had a dream, of seeing the outside world, like the ocean that spreads across the horizon and is filled with salt water... I love the flashback of Armin telling Eren about the ocean and the different types of fishes there, which Levi listened to. Levi recognized Armin's vision.

I am a little sad that Erwin will never learn of what's inside Eren's basement, and learn more about the secrets of the outside world... But if Erwin learned everything, what would he have done? Erwin didn't think that far. I think it's fair to release Erwin of the living hell he has experienced; I can't imagine how it's like to carry the responsibility of everyone's lives on his shoulders, and to watch so many people die...

I admire Levi's ability to look at the whole picture, and separate his personal feelings from his decision.

I was very sad, when Hange told Mikasa that although it's hard, they must accept that they will part with the people around them... The flashbacks of Hange's pain, and when Mikasa cried... Mikasa knew she had to say goodbye to Armin then.

It was about time for Bertolt to die. I'm not too sad by his death. But what would he have said to Annie and Reiner? … I feel a little sad for the remaining 104th Survey Corps members, to watch their former teammate get eaten.

Great chapter. 5/5
Jul 8, 2017 4:06 AM
Nov 2013
well it was so obvious in this chapter that ( the legendary guy ) " erwin smith " will die for the sake of humanity .. :(
i am so fucking sad , and guess what ?? i am really mad right now !!

let's explain the mistake of "Hajime Isayama" , and in my opinion this is the most terrible mistake in history of A.O.T manga so far , want to know why ??
ok , lets back to the begineing of the storyline to realise how important erwin was !!

( do you remember exactly after the lawsuit , when eren was in big trouble and the survey corps save him from the Military police , after that some misterios guy maybe it was annie or reiner whatever , kill the two titans that in captivity )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtchrsMrYY

he said " what do you see ?? "
"who do you think is the enemy ?? "

"erwin" is the most genius guy in this show , he felt and realized there was something wrong going on in this walls not outside , he is the ( first guy before anyone else got the hint of what is the real problem )

and i don't have to say what he did when reiner kidnap idiot eren , and erwin lose his arm ..
& before that when he plans to catch annie and so and so and so .....

Wise
Savage
Clever
strong
brave
And a Great leader

i wish that Levi saves him instead of armin

of course armin are smart but he have very long distance to reach erwin
because the pirsonality of armin .
and the experience of erwin are more than 10 years in survey corps

so the rationality was to save him ..

a major lost for a mankind that can't be replaced even with armin

so sad he had to die before realizing his dream
and after his death he became my fav character in all of a.o.t
and one of the best character of all time .

guys are you listening , ( the proud of humanity was fall upon his death )

ERWIN SMITH (RIP) ......
Miko-rinJul 8, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 31, 2017 4:13 AM
Jul 2017
I loved it. Mikasa is always ready to go Berserk for Eren so it was refreshing to see her get mad and super sad over Armin. Also serves Bertoldt or however you spell his name right!
Aug 23, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
There sure was a lot of tension in chapters 83 and 84.

Overall, I'm happy with the result. I really like Erwin as a character, but his dreams end in Eren's basement, while Armin's dreams extend beyond the walls. I'm not saying that some dreams have more value that others. I'm saying that with Armin as a future Commander, humanity will most likely explore the land beyond the walls and gain more territory.
Sep 10, 2017 12:15 PM

Dec 2015
Fuck you Bertolt!! Asking for help are we??!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 2, 2017 10:44 PM
Aug 2010
this chapter was really disgusting.. i really felt angry and sad for the way bertholdt died ... if it was reiner i wont mind .. for his character he didnt deserve to end in such bad way!!!!! atleast sacrifice with

erwin was supposed to die when he lost his arm.. since that chapter his role become less and slowly slowly useless , actually joining the squad in the mission wasnt necessarily or even needed

Hanje just DIE!!!! every time u comeback from death this becoming boring and predictable im sick of here showing everytime from no where and save the day

armin that suicide attack was supposed to kill him already... i didnt like that isayama gave him another chance to live,, at least not by that kind of attack
he and bertholdt death would have meaning.. i mean the death of colossal tittan bcz loosing armin that would be acceptable

i really like the mysterious of this manga , but im disappointment from isayama bcz of fight chapters always following other mangakas way...im dropping this manga from this chapter... hopefully after 1 year someone tell me reiner managed to bring back bertholdt by somehow!!!

Dec 2, 2017 4:30 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I like Levi decision!!!
May 22, 2019 4:33 AM
Nov 2018
Everyone have a way to think what is the best decision *except eren lol. I'm glad they have a good reason as to why they didnt turn Erwin into titan.

This chapter is just so good I f*cking love it
Aug 8, 2019 2:49 AM

Mar 2014
Brb crying :( Levi decided to let Erwin rest instead of bringing him back and causing him to suffer even more. Seeing Mikasa and Hange grieve was heartbreaking. Personally I like the fact that Erwin won't suffer anymore, Levi's call was made with that in mind. But objectively speaking, I agree with Hange- Armin's plans have been tremendously helpful, but overall Erwin has contributed more in every single plan that has turned into a success. Most of the corps would have bitten the dust if not for him.

Levi's ''... I see'' was too sad. His life is depressing, he has been losing his most important people at every turn. Erwin's last words broke my heart </3

As for Bertolt, there was a huge death flag on him already. yeah seeing him cry and get eaten wasn't great but I don't feel sorry for him either. He was obviously conflicted and didn't like killing his comrades but how many of them have died because of him destroying the wall? I hope we learn more about Bertolt and Reiner's lives and motives though.
Feb 22, 2020 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
Bertolts death scene was perfect, him screaming out to be saved by the very people whose lives he destroyed, and screaming for Reiner and Annie, who would never come for him.

100% deserved and perfect.

Also, they actually killed off a very big main character so that's pretty cool!
Dec 27, 2020 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, I will miss Erwin, he was one of my favorite characters. But I think this was the best to do. Levi knows that Erwin finally get to rest.

And now Armin is the Colossus Titan, it's crazy to think about it. In the end I still felt sorry for Bertolt.
Dec 31, 2020 6:33 AM

Nov 2020
Armin was the right choice. Also this is the best chapter so far
Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it.

Mar 5, 2022 10:53 AM
Sep 2020
the anime executed this chapter way better ,but the manga chapter is equally good
armin being the right choice felt like a bad decision ,but anyway it does show the weakness later on for armin ,but what it does is creates the Floch character we all know and love

additionally levi as a character is proven to be the most tragic and relatable one, given how we know his character arc ended, simply an epic AOT character
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.