Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2016 4:44 AM
May 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wished both Bertolt and Erwin to survive. Great chapter anyways.
Funny thing is that the conversation about whom to save was similar to the conversation between team Armin and Erwin after 83's release.
WTTC2Aug 6, 2016 11:04 AM
Aug 6, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2009
Armin better have some more courage from this point now since he will be like their tactical commander replacing Erwin
Aug 6, 2016 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
Reading the full chapter is way better than bits of spoiler here and there. Alot of persons assume Erwin was the one that told Levi to use the serum on Armin, since that was the predictable outcome. Thankfully but that was far from the case.

The way how Isayama wrote this chapter was brilliant and his use of literary device was on point, and how he wrote this chapter made Levi decide on his own on who will get the serum felt more natural/realistic and less contrived imo, this was a much better way imo. Great chapter honestly, faith has been resotred. Still don't like the fact that Armin is now a shifter, but I will get over it, I'll need some time getting use to it.

I think those people that said they're going to drop the manga opinion might change, since the full chapter give the readers a completelty different perspective than what the spoiler were implying. Or better yet, what we thought was going to happen. Eip Erwin and Bertholt.

5/5
keragammingAug 6, 2016 7:22 AM
Aug 6, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
Reading the full chapter is way better than bits of spoiler here and there. Alot of persons assume Erwin was the one that told Levi to use the serum on Armin, since that was the predictable outcome. Thankfully but that was far from the case.

The way how Isayama wrote this chapter was brilliant and his use of literary device was on point, and how he wrote this chapter made Levi decide on his own on who will get the serum felt more natural/realistic and less contrived imo, this was a much better way imo. Great chapter honestly, faith has been resotred. Still don't like the fact that Armin is now a shifter, but I will get over it, I'll need some time getting use to it.

I think those people that said they're going to drop the manga opinion might change, since the full chapter give the readers a completelty different perspective than what the spoiler were implying. Or better yet, what we thought was going to happen.

5/5

a huge number of people who are dropping the manga are fujos , while the others are people who are upset because of the way bertholdt was killed off and started calling isayama a bad writer , what do you think ?
Aug 6, 2016 7:24 AM

Oct 2013
T97 said:
keragamming said:

I think those people that said they're going to drop the manga opinion might change, since the full chapter give the readers a completelty different perspective than what the spoiler were implying. Or better yet, what we thought was going to happen.

5/5

a huge number of people who are dropping the manga are fujos , while the others are people who are upset because of the way bertholdt was killed off and started calling isayama a bad writer , what do you think ?

If that's really the reason why they're dropping the manga then they can can drop it by all means, the less of them the better.
Aug 6, 2016 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
RIP Berthold regaining consciousness on that point. Kinda excited now because pretty soon they will finally go to the basement.
Aug 6, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2013

At least we found out the question he asked back when he was a child in chapter 55 flashback. :(

I always like how Isayama foreshadowed chapters from long ago abd link them with the current chapter. It just shows how well put together the series is, and not simple making it up as he goes. Too bad a lot of persons don't notice subtle things like this in the series. A shame really.
keragammingAug 6, 2016 9:37 AM
Aug 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
so happy erwin died I hate that shit, no idea why anyone loves him.
but bertholdt tho, it was so sad the way he screamed for annie and reiner to help him, I would've prefered if both armin and erwin died, like just leave the titan trio alone pls.
rip bertl ;_; for real tho how will I get over his death, and poor reiner when he finds out ;_;

armin's titan is too ugly tho wtf, I expected him to be kawaii and kinda girly but wow.
also I really love mikasa and eren in this chapter, they call it personal feelings, but it's unconditional loyalty and love to friends and family.
and sasha seems to be alive so yaaayyyyy

I hope eren's and levi relationship doesn't darken after this tho.
oh and someone please behead that nameless soldier or flocke now or whatever so annoying ugh
keragamming said:
[spoiler]I always like how Isayama foreshadowed chapters from long ago abd link them with the current chapter. It just shows how well put together the series is, and not simple making it up as he goes. Too bad a lot of persons don't notice subtle things like this in the series. A shame really.

yeah, also when he showed the scene where levi listened to eren and armin talking about the ocean, the series is really well put together, but meh hipsters....
leonstoneAug 6, 2016 11:58 AM
Aug 6, 2016 1:02 PM
Aug 2016
Where u guys read this chapter?
Aug 6, 2016 2:12 PM
Feb 2016
So Bertolt died.

The man who was always nervous and soft spoken.

The man who never wanted to kill anyone.

The man who received the most character development among the antagonists.

The man who found his courage.

The man who decided to live and die with the consequences of his actions.

That man was Bertolt, and he was my favorite character. And now he is dead, and we dont even know his backstory yet. He died without having confessed his feelings to Annie, he died without accomplishing his goals. He died....just like that.

Resti in peace Bertolt, rest in peace
Aug 6, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
Terminus99 said:
So Bertolt died.

That man was Bertolt, and he was my favorite character. And now he is dead, and we dont even know his backstory yet. He died without having confessed his feelings to Annie, he died without accomplishing his goals. He died....just like that.

ikr ! his death was really emotiolan, one of the most complex characters in the series, sucks how everyone is busy being sad about erwin.
TyrelAug 7, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 6, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
I guess now things has now been decided. Might as well accept it for what it is now.
Aug 6, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
People are actually sad about Bertolt's death? I felt bad for him as he called out for Annie and Reiner but personally I didn't find his death sad. I also don't find Erwin's death that sad either, so it's interesting that people are getting super emotional over their deaths.

I think this outcome was fairly obvious, but I like how Levi made the decision on his own, because I seriously thought Erwin was going to wake up and, with his last breath, tell Levi to save Armin instead of himself because he deserves it more. If it's true that some people are going to drop this manga just because of that decision, then that's pretty fucking pathetic.

keragamming said:
I always like how Isayama foreshadowed chapters from long ago abd link them with the current chapter. It just shows how well put together the series is, and not simple making it up as he goes. Too bad a lot of persons don't notice subtle things like this in the series. A shame really.

Tbh I'm probably one of those people that wouldn't notice. I think the main reason is because that was from a long time ago, and we're only getting a chapter a month rather than one a week, so between that chapter and this one, it's pretty easy to forget things like that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
If this doesn't happen in the following chapters I will be so disappointed

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Aug 6, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
btw can somone explain to me why levi chose armin in the end, I thought erwin would wake up and tell him that, but that didn't happen.
and it could've not been the flashbacks, because if that was the reason, then he would've given the serum to armin from the start without putting up a fight.
it's a bit confusing ?
Aug 6, 2016 4:02 PM
May 2015

My thoughts before 84.
Aug 6, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
People are actually sad about Bertolt's death? I felt bad for him as he called out for Annie and Reiner but personally I didn't find his death sad. I also don't find Erwin's death that sad either, so it's interesting that people are getting super emotional over their deaths.

I think this outcome was fairly obvious, but I like how Levi made the decision on his own, because I seriously thought Erwin was going to wake up and, with his last breath, tell Levi to save Armin instead of himself because he deserves it more. If it's true that some people are going to drop this manga just because of that decision, then that's pretty fucking pathetic.

keragamming said:

Tbh I'm probably one of those people that wouldn't notice. I think the main reason is because that was from a long time ago, and we're only getting a chapter a month rather than one a week, so between that chapter and this one, it's pretty easy to forget things like that.

Yea, you're right. Only if you re read the series plenty of time like myself you will remember.
Aug 6, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
R.I.P Erwin. Armin getting another shot at life.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 6, 2016 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
Dick move Levi, hitting Eren, dick move.

I guess it was a good idea that he chose Armin because it would of caused a lot of tension between Eren, Mikasa and Levi.

Also, wow that was pathetic death for the Colossal Titan.
HollowIchigo58Aug 6, 2016 6:08 PM
Aug 6, 2016 6:34 PM

Jun 2016
I am annoy with Mikasa this chapter but oh well Erwin Was being selfless and Decide to have Armin have it instead of him. Now they have Eren and Armina as Titan shifters awesome. Well Levi lost Erwin thier commander I guess he got use to losing his friends and family so I think he be fine.

Now they just have to get to basement and Find out to destroy titans once and for all. Man Reiner will be traumatized when he find out Bertold has been kill and eaten by Armin in order to safe his Armin own life.

Aug 6, 2016 6:46 PM
Apr 2015
I love it how Mikasa was about to strike down the nameless soldier who had the guts to rush at her, like seriously though who would dare to oppose her when she's like that? The guy would've died without Hange's intervention.

I quite enjoyed the fight between Eren, Levi & Mikasa, it shows they weren't being objective in the end & were totally acting based on their emotions.

Whilst it's true Erwin lead the survey corps & came up with the long range formation and the plan to take down the Bestial titan, the latter killed 95% of the squad.

Overall Armin's plans are better than Erwin's but leading wise Erwin is better. However what humanity needs most atm is clever plans, as Hange or Levi can both lead the entire squad.

I'd say saving Armin was the correct choice for humanity, considering his wits and potential are better than Erwin's who despite being a great leader has only one arm making him as Levi said earlier "a snack for titan" (or something along those lines).

Seeing Bertholt wake up right before getting eaten made me feel like "you totally deserve this", finally humanity kills its first titan shifter enemy (annie being still alive).

The only thing bothering me in the end is the fact that all 3 of them could've died in same time (Levi could've killed ape titan immediately instead of considering saving Erwin, same for Hange who could've killed Reiner) but Isayama went like nah let's save two of them, I'd have preferred 2 of them dying but definitely not 0, that's why I'm really glad at least Bertholt died.

I also expected to see the basement in this chapter but guess it's gonna be in next one.

Armin's titan is about 15m high which makes it the most suitable for CT powers (after 50m serum, I guess those are the rarest or need some special conditions)

5/5 chapter
Aug 6, 2016 7:17 PM
Jan 2013
Bye Erwin, bye Bertolt, both of you will be missed in-universe

leonstone said:
btw can somone explain to me why levi chose armin in the end, I thought erwin would wake up and tell him that, but that didn't happen.
and it could've not been the flashbacks, because if that was the reason, then he would've given the serum to armin from the start without putting up a fight.
it's a bit confusing ?

Because Armin had the answer for Erwin's question before he died? I can only connect this to the flashback like this
Aug 6, 2016 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
Ah losing Erwin is a huge blow to humanity, it will be near impossible to replace him as a tactical leader with the possibility of Armin.

RIP Bertolt. While I never really liked him much, he got a good amount of characterization and I think in the end, he just hang out with the wrong crowd.
Stark700Aug 6, 2016 7:39 PM
Aug 6, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, die like the fucking trash you are. Damn was that scene satisfying. Can't believe there're people that actually feel sorry for this bozo, though hopefully Isayama won't pull anything like revealing him and his comrades to actually be the ones in the right.

As for Erwin/Armin serum debate. Well, Erwin is my favorite character and I definitely would've preferred for him to be revived, but I liked Levi's reasoning - he's finally free of that hell. Armin is also a good character, so hopefully he leads humanity to victory, though I'm suspecting it's not as simple as that.

The only thing I felt sorry about was where Erwin said he really wanted to see what was in that basement. I also loved how he suddenly reiterated that question he asked in his school from so long ago, that was a good touch.

R.I.P Erwin. In Armin we trust.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 6, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
RIP Erwin. As expected, Arwin is the one who survive. And goodbye Bertolt. Finally one of them dead.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 6, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
I loved this. I didn't expect Hanji to go with Erwin, but nevertheless I'm happy Levi chose the other one instead. Erwin deserves a rest and I'm expecting more great things from Armin from now onwards.

Rip Bertholdt.
Aug 6, 2016 9:14 PM
Jun 2013
Ohhh man, so many feels!

I'm really glad Armin got saved--he's my favorite character. It will take a while to get used to him being a shifter, though! I only hope this doesn't somehow take a turn for the awful with Armin deciding to go team titan due to some inherited knowledge from Bert or something weird. Not that I think it'll happen, but I know there was some interview with Isayama floating around talking about Armin and Eren possibly getting in a serious fight...

RIP, Erwin, you were a great leader and I liked you a lot. Wish he could've held on long enough to see the basement. He was willing to give up his dream for humanity, would've been nice if he still got to see it realized. I feel extra sorry for Hanji and Levi, athough it was really touching and sweet, too.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Bert go. I'm eager to find out his side of the story, but I don't think anything can justify what he did. I only hope Reiner and Annie can redeem themselves since they still have that chance.

Now let's SEE THAT BASEMENT!
Aug 6, 2016 9:27 PM

Feb 2010
RIP Erwin, sad to see him gone but maybe it's for the best... he really needs to rest.

Nice to see Armin survive, he is one of my fav but im rather annoyed with Eren and Mikasa... dude... chill, a lot of person was the same as you, they want their loved one back, no need to get overly emotional. (Hanji is the best in this chap, that's why).

Ah, RIP Bertholdt you will be missed... at least you're in Armin's stomach.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 6, 2016 9:28 PM

Mar 2016
hard decision,bye erwin. mikasa underestimated levi strength ohh you must take nap just by now
Aug 6, 2016 10:11 PM
Aug 2016
leonstone said:
it's a bit confusing ?

The final two flashbacks of Erwin talking to Levi was the main reason: Levi realised that Erwin had finally made peace with himself and had let go of his dreams. Leading the scouts had always required Erwin to do a lot of despicable things and pay a personal price; it was a very bittersweet life. Levi finally judged that even though the scouts needed Erwin to continue leading; he deserved to finally be allowed to rest. It also helps that the person Levi is bringing back instead will genuinely enjoy being back, living and chasing their dreams.
Aug 6, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2014
"thank you levi"

i've been crying for the last five minutes but finally stopped enough to write

erwin didn't deserve this - he's been through so much. yes his character was flawed, but he did everything to ensure a hopeful future for everyone and went through so much. first he loses his arm, and right afterward he is nearly executed for standing up to the corrupt government for humanity and what is right. not too mention, he lost his father at a young age and part of the reason he enlisted in the survey corps was because of him. really, i cried so much when he pushed away the serum so levi could give it to armin instead.

rest in peace commander, you will be missed.

honestly bertholdt deserved his end, but his death was very sad, it was so desperate, and his last cry for help was reiner and annie.

although this was a very upsetting chapter, i do think it was beautifully written and can't believe the criticism it's facing.

p.s. im a bit confused, did moblit die as well? i thought it was a flashback of him and hange but everyone on tumblr is saying he died - if so what exactly happened??
Aug 6, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2013
Lunoire said:
"thank you levi"

i've been crying for the last five minutes but finally stopped enough to write

erwin didn't deserve this - he's been through so much. yes his character was flawed, but he did everything to ensure a hopeful future for everyone and went through so much. first he loses his arm, and right afterward he is nearly executed for standing up to the corrupt government for humanity and what is right. not too mention, he lost his father at a young age and part of the reason he enlisted in the survey corps was because of him. really, i cried so much when he pushed away the serum so levi could give it to armin instead.

rest in peace commander, you will be missed.

honestly bertholdt deserved his end, but his death was very sad, it was so desperate, and his last cry for help was reiner and annie.

although this was a very upsetting chapter, i do think it was beautifully written and can't believe the criticism it's facing.

p.s. im a bit confused, did moblit die as well? i thought it was a flashback of him and hange but everyone on tumblr is saying he died - if so what exactly happened??

He saved Hanji and died by Bertholdt transformation.
Aug 6, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
Unfortunately, they took the obvious choice

Aug 6, 2016 10:55 PM

Mar 2014
And another friend of Levi dies. I just feel bad for this guy, he just can't win. All I can hope is that Armin uses his titan shifting ability to very good use because they just lost a great commander in exchange for him.
R.i.p. Commander Erwin
Horray to Bert's death
Aug 6, 2016 10:59 PM

Mar 2014
Oh and I just remembered that since Armin ate Bert, he should have Bert's memories of the homeland. I wonder what that will change about Armin.
Aug 6, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
Zerg rush captain is dead... Good, no more stupid suicidal tactics now but I gotta say I never imagined armin to receive the ability to change into Titan not to mention the iconic colossal Titan.
Bert death was...lacking? I expected him to have a decent conclusion for a long running antagonist or some kind of revelation but he ended dying like a little bitch. Tbh I wished rainer was the one dying since he exhausted every potential he had unlike bert and his newfound (short) resolution . Oh well here goes one of my favourite characters... I just hope Annie to not receive the same fate, despite not showing for a long time she is the most interesting character in the Manga for me.
Aug 6, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
vampalchemist said:
Oh and I just remembered that since Armin ate Bert, he should have Bert's memories of the homeland. I wonder what that will change about Armin.

Is that so? the memories of someone you ate is recalled if u are in that church right?
Aug 6, 2016 11:37 PM
Aug 2013
vampalchemist said:

That's the first thing that popped in my head after the "consuming". I have a feeling that our first real glimpse of RBA's lives growing up will be through Armin's newly acquired memories. Question is, will he learn something that will make him question which side he is on? After all, memories are more than just images in your brain: they are also emotions. So Bertolt's emotions with regards to past events are now Armin's emotions.
Aug 7, 2016 12:00 AM

Aug 2012
An emotional chapter this was indeed. Armin is given a second chance at life. R.I.P Erwin, Bert and Moblit. Speaking of Moblit that guy had ONE job and he did that one job justice saving Hanji, a true hero.
Aug 7, 2016 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
stupidmoebitch said:
vampalchemist said:

That's the first thing that popped in my head after the "consuming". I have a feeling that our first real glimpse of RBA's lives growing up will be through Armin's newly acquired memories. Question is, will he learn something that will make him question which side he is on? After all, memories are more than just images in your brain: they are also emotions. So Bertolt's emotions with regards to past events are now Armin's emotions.

Yeah, if what the Beast Titan said is true that they are trying to save humanity, then whatever Bert knows might make Armin think twice about the what Him, Eren, and Mikasa are doing.
Aug 7, 2016 2:57 AM
Sep 2015
Armin should die. He is one of main characters but still Erwin was more usefull than him. It'd be sad but now it's bad. They shouldn't make this choice in the first place if they wanted Armin to survive.
Aug 7, 2016 3:04 AM

May 2012
So, Bertolt is dead ?! I felt sad for his death. He was killed like noting !

How come they kill the colossal titan this early ?! I thought that he will be the final boss !!
Aug 7, 2016 3:13 AM

Nov 2013
Good chapter.

I'm glad Isayama didn't go with the cliche'd way.I like that Erwin didn't say anything and put his comrades and humanity over his life and dream. He let Levi decide on his own, knowing he will make the right choice. Nice end for one of the geatest leaders!

I feel sad for Levi though. There is no break for him.. it's like he was born to go through hell. I hate these death flags... -_-
Not many could have acted like him in a situation like this.
Can't blame Mikasa and co either. It's also natural for people to prioritize to save the people who are dear and close to you. A really tough moment Isayama handled well.

I have to get used to seeing Armin as a shifter, but he will be of great help, that is for sure.
Really interested to see if Armin will change once he saw the memories of Berthold and know more about their reason for doing all this.

As for Bertholds death... hmm idk. I wanted to see him being tortured more after all the shit he has done before dying.
NishiouAug 7, 2016 4:03 AM
Aug 7, 2016 3:35 AM

Dec 2011
I'm so salty that Armin survived but then again it's because I hate that fucker, can't love everyone.

Aug 7, 2016 4:11 AM

Oct 2007
leonstone said:
for anyone who wants to read the translated chapter http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-084?id=308370
surprised it came out early this time
Terminus99 said:
So Bertolt died.

ikr ! his death was really emotiolan, one of the most complex characters in the series, sucks how everyone is busy being sad about erwin.

Instead of one single page or a panel, it actually took him 45 pages to finally die, ruining the entire chapter just to mourn his miserable undesirable character and you are still not happy. Well then it's clear, you wouldn't be happy either way, so i am glad there was no attempt to make you happy.

There can't be much of a flashback yet. I would have liked a flashback too, but it would perhaps spoil too much from the actual story.

Also armin ate him and therefore took over his memories. So we might finally get a few insights as to why those human titans do what they are doing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 4:17 AM
Jun 2013
Wait, are we sure Armin will get Bert's memories? I know it works that way for members of the royal family, but Eren didn't inherit memories from his father and I don't remember Ymir getting memories from the shifter she ate?
Aug 7, 2016 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
Regardless of who died and who survived, this arc has been very upsetting and emotional. I loved it.
Though I have to say, that reminded me of Naruto and this "let the adults die so the youth can live on and carry hope and a bright future" philosophy. Only with more subtlety.

RIP Erwin. I never liked you, but you were one good character. Such a shame you died after all the trials you had to go through.
RIP Moblit, Marlowe and the others. You guys had to fill the death quota for SNK, and this never fails to upset me.
Rot in pieces, Bert. You got what you deserved, and I never liked you anyway.
Aug 7, 2016 4:55 AM
Aug 2016
will armin;s titan gonna be a colossal? his current titan form is f**ng very ugly...it looks like malnourished
Aug 7, 2016 6:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
One quick question? Is Berthold really permanently dead now? No chance they pull a fast on us and his DNA lives in the Titan that ate him kinda deal?

RIP Erwin. He will be missed. I wonder who will take over from him. Hanji?
FarabeufAug 7, 2016 6:25 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
RIP Erwin. He was my third favorite character. I'm sad he didn't get to see the basement, and when he was so close to fulfilling that dream too. It was simply too cruel but oh well.

I have conflicted feelings about the fact that Armin is now a titan shifter. it's pretty much unrealistic that he was still alive and breathing after a fall from 50 meters high and after having third degree burns all over his body. It's amazing that he managed to survive through that entire argument they were having, if anything he should have died less than 2 minutes after the fall. But this is a shounen, and applying real life logic to it would bring me nowhere.

I have to admit that I never liked Bert, I think they have a sad backstory and that they may have been brainwashed and forced to go on that genocidial mission. But Isayama never did a very good job at trying to make Bert look more sympathetic. Especially in the latest chapters, Bert came off as more of an arrgant asshole than the victim of a war where children are used as weapons for the ideals of stupid adults. I wished we'd had more background information on the warriors before Bert was offed though, that way I may have been able to feel sad for his death. But as of currently, I can't feel sorry for Bert, especially not after all the things he's done. I liked how his death paralleled Marco's. Screaming to those watching him die to save him, but them just standing there, watching as a titan eats him. Ironic, too, that he would ask for the help of those he tried to kill just minutes before.

I've got a lot to say about Eren and Mikasa's behavior in this chapter and how it reveals how truly flawed and rotten they are on the inside but I'll leave it up to your own judgement.

It was an okay chapter imo, not outstanding, since I think Erwin deserved the serum more.
MikiSayakaAug 7, 2016 6:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.