Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2016 12:55 AM

May 2012
I loved the action and the kiss

Princess is my favorite character. She is so hot !
Aug 2, 2016 1:52 AM

Feb 2015
I'm really confused lol. This episode was all over the place, too much stuff going on. They need to slow down a bit...
Aug 2, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2016
D3lorean said:
I'm really confused lol. This episode was all over the place, too much stuff going on. They need to slow down a bit...
Same thought,it's hard to catch up and I just replay the episode so that I could know what's going on.I hope it won't get worse,this show has good first impression on me and great potential.
TokumiaAug 2, 2016 2:05 AM

Life is empty without anime

Aug 2, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
Talon184 said:
How the hell did the MC heal himself after having his stomach ripped open? That didn't make sense.

1. MC is eviscerated
2. Blood everywhere
3. "I'm going to die"
4. Weird voice speaks in his head telling him to use his void power
5. He threatens to use the void power on his own stomach wound
6. He's healed
7. There's no blood anywhere
8. Everybody is friends now.

WTF was that all about???
I think 4,5,6 is because of the power of tattoo helps him.7 is weird though.8 is because of Seigi's nature(justice and peace)

Life is empty without anime

Aug 2, 2016 2:42 AM

Sep 2013
Well clearly Mr MC should join the Kingdom. They strive for a world without fights, the US strive for something. They have a killer queen, the US has a forever 15 girl. The have a loli and a cat, the US has an otaku. Go Kingdom, go!
Aug 2, 2016 2:57 AM

Sep 2015
I feel like this episode was rushed and was kinda filler sometimes didnt like it that much.
Aug 2, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2014
Zero Transition: The Anime

Aug 2, 2016 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
The worst episode of the series for the moment. It started decently, but after the moment when Seigi activates the tattoo, the fights suddenly became rushed, the transition scenes were weird and the comedy parts with the princess were Bungou Stray Dogs's level of awkward (isn't she supossed to be the main antagonist of the series?).

This started decently, but this has been horrible. Hope it manages to recover from this. At least the boobs were hot and the guy at the end looked badass.
Aug 2, 2016 4:55 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was a big step down. The fights felt flat, the comedy came off really out of place, there was just something off with the bgm, and everything just transitioned really poorly. Given that we had a fight to the death quickly followed by ping pong it really looks like they're trying to cram too much in one season to get to wherever it is they want to stop. It's a shame, I was enjoying this well enough before, hopefully it was just this one episode.
Aug 2, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, I remember being impressed by the fight scene in the first ep, sad that things have reached this point. The fights were trash. The still frames were awful, like it was a comic book adaptation.

The writing was all over the place, I have no idea what the writer is even trying to do - America is totalitarian and evil? Tattoos are the Illuminati? F**k if I know.

The US government can't set up it's representatives with proper accommodation, so they stay with the MC, How precious. Japan's citizens are apparently too stoned to pay attention to the bombing of buildings and shoot-outs at the port. Their government must also be in league with the Kingdom since the Princess can take a chartered flight into the country and they have armed helicopters at their disposal. Air space observance is clearly not a thing in this universe.

Oppai represent dreams and pettanko represent hope was hilarious though, the comedy in this kinda threw me off cause once again I have no idea wtf the writer is going for.
Aug 2, 2016 7:55 AM

Sep 2014
Lol I had to watch the last ep again. Fighting felt a bit weird or rather pointless. Lets see how things go on after this.
MC felt pretty weak this time, which is meh. After all he started pretty strong which is nice and not as overused as the underdog story.
The last more comedy part safed this ep imo.
3/5
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 2, 2016 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
What a terrible episode. The action was decent, but the comedy felt really out of place for me. This episode was all over the place and confusing.
Aug 2, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2014
This went from show has potential to bad real quick...From cliché one liners during battle like "I hate perverts" "I will kill all" "this feeling of approaching climax??" to MC coming to the rescue yet gets pwnd with no chance to win vs a 12 year old girl eventhough he is supposedly trained and very strong for his age. Then he gets his guts slahed open with 3 liters of blood pooring out, yet 3 secs later because someone was talking in his head he is miraculously healed. Not to mention the "I wont let anyone die" attitude eventhough she just tried to kill you and your friend.

Then the weird ass shit like random princess kiss to pingpong and bouncy breasts...uhg. Dropped
Aug 2, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
Definitely one of the cringiest and rushed episode I've ever seen so far
Aug 2, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
could have been a great episode but the pacing went way too fast imo
Aug 2, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
What the fuck ?!

When I got serious watching this then they suddenly switched the scene to comedy and the transitions between scenes are fucking horrible !

I don't have any complaints to the fanservice but atleast you guys can poured more effort when making this. And sorry I didn't read the manga so I was fucking confused when watching this !

I rarely have an episode 1/5 rate but this is clearly one of the worst episode that I've watched.
Aug 2, 2016 12:38 PM
May 2016
Like i write since 1st episode i hope to don't watch another Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités .....saddly yep another one...

Development of the main char is beyond stupidity ...5 episode and hes getting beated to the death by any char in this anime...
Main char watching the massacre of people by a girl...*Hey lets be friends and save the world* Wtf.........I putted at the start an 8...until now a 5 and after episode 5 1/and droping.

There is zero development in everything...From one side we have people cutting heads...and from the other side main char...LETS MAKE PEACE...>>

Really worst season for anime this year...the amount of bad animes is beyond......

Since yesterday Score 7.27 and now 7.11>>another Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités
Aug 2, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Lmfao, what the hell is going on with the scene transitions. It's like some shitty AMV.
Aug 2, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Swordarc said:
Talon184 said:
How the hell did the MC heal himself after having his stomach ripped open? That didn't make sense.

1. MC is eviscerated
2. Blood everywhere
3. "I'm going to die"
4. Weird voice speaks in his head telling him to use his void power
5. He threatens to use the void power on his own stomach wound
6. He's healed
7. There's no blood anywhere
8. Everybody is friends now.

WTF was that all about???
I think 4,5,6 is because of the power of tattoo helps him.7 is weird though.8 is because of Seigi's nature(justice and peace)

Uh, no... actually it was all because of the Princesses kiss that restored all his vitals and sealed his wounds. He was still losing bits and pieces of himself before that point.

That said though, I'm kinda disappointed it took this long to reach where we're at. I guess we're going to end the season without getting into the meat of the story...
Heck I don't really thing we're going to get anywhere by the end of the show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Bluesy is so cute, best girl xD
I knew that they would try to bring Il to their side, and she will change teams probably xD
Very curious about the princess, since we don't know her main objective.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 2, 2016 3:01 PM
May 2016
I hope every time the princess shows up the show's direction inexplicably drops off a cliff like it did this episode. Well, I shouldn't say inexplicably since it's not like this show was particularly well directed or edited before, but this episode was a treat in how poorly they did so. Though the true genius of this, might be that the direction wasn't even that bad in retrospect. JC Staff has to essentially follow the script, and if I'm the director looking at all of these insane tone shifts and scenarios, I don't even think there's a better way to really do this without just rewriting everything. Princess is definitely best girl now though, sorry Izzy, you're still in contention.
Aug 2, 2016 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
oh man i just love that cat lol amazing action as always and there's a trigerless tattoo?
Aug 2, 2016 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
Well this was rushed as fuck, couldn't even follow what was going on at the mid point...
Aug 2, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2015
Ok, dropped. This episode whast just bad, really really bad.

This series had something that tingled my curiosty, but i just can't stand it anymore. Well i shouldn't have expected something from a series whose protagonist name is "Justice" and is acompanied by the mother of stereotypes, the osananajimi.

For those of you who are wondering, it's obvious the guy is marryng the breast monster. If the protagonist does not respond to the osananajimi's affection they turn Yandere. Believe me, i've seen it *cough* sh...* cough*.

Anyway, this was a waste of time. Good luck to the rest of you.
Aug 2, 2016 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
shit was all over the place lol fight was entertaining till the fake stand stuff started happening

not even gonna question how he healed all his guts hanging out with his void wouldn't that just remove all of it?..

But hey Princess has a way with her hands :P
Aug 2, 2016 9:18 PM

Jul 2015
Holy crap this episode was everywhere. There was so much action, so much lewd, and so much compltetely random crap going on all at once it was getting hard to keep up with. Started bringing back memories of Big Order, but without being complete trash. Pretty good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 2, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
One word review: Cocktease

Two word review: Fucking stupid

I swear this episode is making me want to take Taboo Tattoo and just retool it to my own liking and post it on ff.net. This is fucking bad. It is getting to retarded levels of bad. I swear I can do so much better than this trainwreck. The fights were fine but the CGI was a killer again. The Comedic timing is getting worst and worst to a point they can't even setup jokes properly. The latter made no sense at all either....the main villain is in your face...and you fucking play table tennis with her?! WTF?! This is getting stupid man. I don't know if I can make it through 7 to 8 more weeks of this.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 2, 2016 11:06 PM

Jul 2011
Well I seriously only stuck around for the fighting, so I don't feel like I lost much.

That went downhill real fast though. A lot of the fanservice and pointless scenes could've been omitted or changed to make the episode more smooth in transition while still retaining a decent amount. Huh, well.
Aug 2, 2016 11:32 PM

Sep 2013
The sound effects from Il's sword annoyed me to no end. I get it's her ability and stuff but do they really have to make it outrageously annoying? What the hell is that sound effect? A light saber or a "drop the bass" DJ sword or something? What? Even that bad guy, whatever his name is, has stupid sound effects as well. When he was running and destroying the concrete ground, it literally sounds like multiple people running on an old and worned out pier.

Then some random demon thing started to talk to Seigi and then poof, battle over.

Ping Pong? PING PONG!? FUCKING PING PONG!?

Oh god. 1 More week and I give up entirely. Transitions are garbage and seemingly they try to shove 6-8 chapters in one episode. The tone of the show can't be established enough as they move from one scene to another within seconds.

Aug 3, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 2011
What... the fuck was that garbage direction? Drawn-out slow-mo, random flash-cuts of pointless images, random screen tilts, roataions, and fisheye effects. Pacing all over the place, felt like I was watching it at double speed. Been going downhill since ep2 but it sure tanked here.
The closer you come to the light, the greater your shadow.
Aug 3, 2016 12:55 AM

Oct 2015
A very bad and rushed episode. Probably the worst one by far.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Aug 3, 2016 1:11 AM

May 2014
God damn it now I love that princess
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 3, 2016 4:41 AM
May 2016
kinda odd and rush episode, from bloody battle to humor scene. Though good fight scenes but the camera angles overdone. Wtf the tennis battle.
Aug 3, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
bad episode imo. its sad cause i like the start of the series.

I wonder they ruins the show so fast.
Aug 3, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2009
they literally zoomed through 4 (or 4.5 chapter since one was split) of the manga, leaving out some explanations.
Aug 3, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
Soldiers are massacred left and - nobody gives a shit, murderer gets away witout slightest repercussion.
Magical healing fatal gut wound because voice in the head - okay.....
One moment princess, and her minion wants to kill them all - them time skip and friedship, silly tennis match and yuri because reasons?
Screw this anime, I'm out
Sukebe14Aug 3, 2016 10:29 AM
Aug 3, 2016 10:42 AM

May 2009
thelectricow said:
I just can't believe anyone looked at the original manga and said 'this needs an adaptation'

1/5

Only thing they look before deciding to make an adaptation are sales numbers and hopes for their rise after anime-commercial airs.
Aug 3, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
The character interactions and development in this episode were so so so weird AF imo. not bad but so weird that i can't even describe it but....let's see....it was more like it was so rushed that i can't even understand it. maybe because they are focusing too much on the action scene ? but IMO i think the character interactions and development were weird and i don't like it at all. i have a feeling they are trying to rush things up into 12 episode even tho this series supposed to be 2 cour ?!

just gonna be honest, the action scene in this anime is so freaking awsome and amazing. i really like it a lot and it entertain me a lot. the story is pretty interesting too. but the character development or especially the character interactions were so weird especially in this episode. but i still have hopes for this anime. there are still some few thing which got my attention; who is the freaking bad ones here ?! the kingdom or the US ?!, if the us was trying to take over the world by using those tatoos, then what is the kingdom trying to do ?! trying to steal all of the tatoos to stop US from taking over the world ?! then it makes the kingdom the good sides, and why izzy is still on US side if US trying to take over the world by using those tatoos ?! what's up with Touko's tatoo ?!?!

i kinda doubt that this will end up being a good anime imo because they already planning to make it only 1 cour. kinda dissapointed ;_; guess i will read the manga.....

but anyway, regardless of all of them, i still enjoy this episode a bit and i'm looking foward to the next episode :D
Edit: many people here said "the Transitions is horrible"
yes. i can't deny that. that is the part that ruined the enjoyment for me while watching this episode.
Aug 3, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2015
Everything still feels disjointed and awkward…. same old same old.

For the looks of it this episode adapted around 5 chapters (chapters 8-12, +30 pages each) with content either skipped and/or re-arranged. The pacing and transitions in the manga were poorly done already, but the anime is making them even worse. Not that I care, I’m here for the overpowered princess character that’s all…

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Aug 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
This episode disappointed me.....I felt like it was rushed, the animation felt weird, the jokes were in weird spots, I just wasn't feeling it.....
Aug 3, 2016 5:11 PM

Apr 2016
Still don't know why i'll continue to watch after...this.
Aug 3, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
My god what a trainwreck...
Aug 3, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2014
Must say i like the combination between silly comedy, brainless action and sassy echi on this series.

It is obviusly not taking itself seriusly, and that's nice.
Aug 3, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
error5000 said:
Must say i like the combination between silly comedy, brainless action and sassy echi on this series.

Actually.....it is taking itself serious...just sucks at comedic timing if you read the manga...some o the shit that happens in it...yeah no this is trying to be serious man.

Besides it's not really funny to have the main villain you had a fight to the death with to suddenly want to be your friend.
Aug 3, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2014
MasterHavik said:
error5000 said:

Actually.....it is taking itself serious...just sucks at comedic timing if you read the manga...some o the shit that happens in it...yeah no this is trying to be serious man.

Besides it's not really funny to have the main villain you had a fight to the death with to suddenly want to be your friend.

It's all about tastes, not like i'm saying it's a amazing series nor anything like that, just quite enjoyable.

I haven't read the mango, so i can't discuss much about.
Aug 3, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
error5000 said:
MasterHavik said:

It's all about tastes, not like i'm saying it's a amazing series nor anything like that, just quite enjoyable.

I haven't read the mango, so i can't discuss much about.
But I'm telling your assessment is wrong dude it is trying to be serious. I don't see what is enjoyable here...unless you like the main villain breaking character and trying to befriend the hero.

Dude this is not Kill la Kill or Panty and Stocking. You can talk about tastes but...sometimes it is too obvious, so hiding behind taste and the word "opinion" is refusing to see the obvious.
MasterHavikAug 3, 2016 9:06 PM
Aug 3, 2016 9:43 PM
Jul 2012
This episode went from zero to negative 100 real quick.

It had so much promise from the hype in the last episode then they rush it like hell. after it ended I thought to myself "What the actual fuck?" then i looked at the timer and "ITS BEEN ONLY 15 minutes?" and the ping pong one had me think that they were dreaming or something.

I felt like this episode was supposed to be two episodes merged and rushed into one.

3/5.
Aug 3, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
for fuck's sake all we are shown is how OP the enemy is, does our main cast ever fight back?
Aug 4, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
It's starting to become a let down for me, too many forced stuff in my opinion, at least it's still funny.

I was expecting a deadly encounter between the Princess and Justice, ant yet, she kissed him! and that showdown with Touko! and it's somehow ironic that everyone is after the breasts of the latter expect the protagonist! oh dear...

Don't know if it was already told, but I think that the woman who welcomed the Princess in the airport is actually Seigi's mother.

Now Seigi is in deeper problem, don't think he can even have a break for a moment.
Aug 4, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
The action was on point in this episode, and the Princess has the Trigerless creature? Maybe from when she kissed Justice? it's interesting.

That table Tennis match was intense lol. I still enjoy the subtle comedy they add with the Hardcore action.

Man though, It's gonna be hard to pick a favorite girl in this anime though, they all have Quirks that I like.

I mean I'd say Izzy is in the lead but it will probably change at the end.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.