Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2014
Comander-07 said:
Swordarc said:
How can you take that?when I watched the animation,this scene is censored...

I watched it uncensored. Maybe you are watching a censored version?

Im surprised so far, the fight scenes are pretty damn nice. Also lots of sexual harassment. I like it XD

This anime in generell has lots and lots or stereotypes and cliche-like story points. But then again, which anime doesnt? Its executed rather entertaining imo.

I wasn't even aware there was a censored version lmao
So yeah idk where the person asking how i was able to see it watches his stuff, i personally download mine so no streaming sites for me.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jul 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
Four episodes in and the poor house has already been destroyed twice. >.<

Although I liked the episode pretty well, the comedy timing isn't as good as it could've been, even though it's still funny. It did sour the mood slightly.

The cat girl annoys me too, as an antagonist kind of should do. I wanted Lisa to escape, but sadly, she was caught and was operated on by the looks of it.

Izzy needs Seigi's help, which ever way you look at it, if they want to rescue Lisa in time.
Jul 26, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2015
Why am I watching this? I decided to give it a try and am completely regretting it. This series has all the usual tropes and is pretty boring. I'd go as far to say that I'm more bored with this than I have been with Sousei no Onmyouji. Oh well, I'm still going to watch it till the end.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 26, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
Nayrael said:
wicked_liz said:
Makes about much sense as his 'triggeless' tattoo having a trigger.

From what I heard, this is just a bad translation: it's not triggerless but something else (this Anime in general seems to be lousily translated).

Swordarc said:
I think seigi is just lack of fighting experience with people who have tattoos.

Seigi is a spoiled brat who fails to understand that the real world does not equal to civilian Japanese life.
Bad translation? Who is translating this?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 26, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
Yeah the characters are really dry at this point. The action sequences were good in this episode. However, this series is still lacking substance.
Jul 26, 2016 4:16 PM
Jul 2016
My review of this episode

Jul 26, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2010
thelectricow said:
I can't help but cringe through the whole episode. Though the animation is good, I'm not a fan of anything else. This episode pretty much showcased 2 things: violence and boobs.

2/5

So Akame ga Kill 2.0?
Jul 26, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2014
Great episodes so far can't wait for more just watched all 4 in a row just another op mc that can't use his power well yet lol
Jul 26, 2016 5:53 PM
Nov 2015
antonn said:
thelectricow said:
I can't help but cringe through the whole episode. Though the animation is good, I'm not a fan of anything else. This episode pretty much showcased 2 things: violence and boobs.

2/5

So Akame ga Kill 2.0?

If Akame ga Kill was in modern time, then yes, exactly.
Jul 26, 2016 9:23 PM

Sep 2015
MasterHavik said:
Nayrael said:

From what I heard, this is just a bad translation: it's not triggerless but something else (this Anime in general seems to be lousily translated).

Seigi is a spoiled brat who fails to understand that the real world does not equal to civilian Japanese life.

Most anime you watch sure will have bad/mistake translation here and there, even from licensed official site the anime you watch from. For example the whole "jumon" word does not translate to "tattoo", which clearly said by Tom in episode 3. Well the sentence by Tom totally translate wrongly. As the above member said not "triggerless", but its more like "infinite/boundless" or "fantasy".

When you watch anime long enough, you know some translation wrong sometimes, you might even be able to watch anime without any subs(raw).
valvravetruthJul 26, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 26, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
valvravetruth said:
MasterHavik said:

Most anime you watch sure will have bad/mistake translation here and there, even from licensed official site the anime you watch from. For example the whole "jumon" word does not translate to "tattoo", which clearly said by Tom in episode 3. Well the sentence by Tom totally translate wrongly. As the above member said not "triggerless", but its more like "infinite/boundless" or "fantasy".

When you watch anime long enough, you know some translation wrong sometimes, you might even be able to watch anime without any subs(raw).
Ah...that makes sense. Wow that happens. I don't think my subs are from CR or not though. Well this makes sense. This is easy dub bait in my eyes since the companies can easily sell this as some big deal.

But yeah I know some Japanese and I was pointing out mistranslation left and right in Tokyo Mirage sessions. Funny how everyone wants to give that game 9 to 9.5 still even if the translation has to be the worst in SMT history since Persona 1 on the ps1.

thelectricow said:
antonn said:

So Akame ga Kill 2.0?

If Akame ga Kill was in modern time, then yes, exactly.
I liked Akame ga kill..until episode 20.

I have been reading the manga so I really like it. I really don't get why people have it out for that series.
Jul 26, 2016 10:24 PM

Jan 2008
MasterHavik said:
wicked_liz said:
The women aren't really strong, they're all clearly designed towards a certain fetish. They're all waifu material with minimal characterisation.
I can see for Tuko and the Yandere, but Bluesy is full of win...why isn't she the main character? Siegi is falling into the same pitfall every main male lead does in this type of anime.

Right, Izzy, a grown woman with a military background that kicked a middle-school kid's ass when she met him. And then fondled another middle school brat's breasts.

Imagine if she didn't have that growth restriction, if you saw her as an adult doing those things. Yeah. Horrible adults are common in anime, but it's a waste when they could have made her a more interesting and mature character.
Jul 26, 2016 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
This show is just really plain with terrible pacing. Plus it lies to you, how the hell does he have a triggerless tattoo he has to trigger with blood?

Maybe I'm missing something cause it makes no sense.
Jul 26, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
wicked_liz said:
MasterHavik said:
I can see for Tuko and the Yandere, but Bluesy is full of win...why isn't she the main character? Siegi is falling into the same pitfall every main male lead does in this type of anime.

Right, Izzy, a grown woman with a military background that kicked a middle-school kid's ass when she met him. And then fondled another middle school brat's breasts.

Imagine if she didn't have that growth restriction, if you saw her as an adult doing those things. Yeah. Horrible adults are common in anime, but it's a waste when they could have made her a more interesting and mature character.
When you say it like that..you actually make a good point.
Jul 26, 2016 11:36 PM

Oct 2011
swig it he house destroyer
Jul 27, 2016 12:26 AM
May 2016
lol Seigi ended up erasing the house by his powers. Well, quite good episode Lisa's fighting style with cat girl was awesome, kinda gorey with the dead underlings of Lisa.
Jul 27, 2016 12:33 AM

May 2014
Pffhahahahaha
The house vanished OMG the rabbit LOL
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2014
whats that protagonist's fart bullshit theory against violence
Jul 27, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2016
kitty kitty kitty cat.
rabbit noooo ;-;

Jul 27, 2016 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
that poor rabit lol and Gintoki is just everyone's bitch the action was really good
Jul 27, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Yeeeah, no, I guess I'm dropping it. Cliche characters and plot, unnecessary fanservice. Action scenes were good and animation was decent, but that's it. 4/10
Jul 27, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
That stray cats mother-and-son relationship is one of the best I've seen!

Now I'm really interested in the MC, he just can't believe how dark and merciless this world can be, and because of that he can't use his head probably when he makes his moves, surely we want to live up for his name, but he's going a bit too far. I also like the development between him and Touko.

I laughed very hard at the "house-erasing" scene! XD
Jul 27, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
valvravetruth said:

Ahh, I figured it was mistranslated, but imagined it would be pertaining to Seiji not having to pay a price for using it. So it's something like "limitless" - good to know.

This is a bit like a bad version of "Darker Than Black" and is about "Big Order" levels in terms of terrible writing. Still better than "Akame ga Kill"(at least here the characters are all dressed like they're from the same world)

Not a fan of the killer loli, mostly because her ability is too OP. She can possess people and phase through buildings? And she's got an unnecessarily big sword. The tattoos enhance your natural potential (except Tom's) so far showing that the average human is a superhero.

My tattoo would probably enhance my ability to take naps. (lol)
Jul 27, 2016 5:00 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, this is a lot better than the manga.
Jul 27, 2016 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
The ending had me curious when the Driver said something about Izzy giving him the tattoo. That's interesting maybe he was a former soldier? Guess we'll find out next week.

I like how there's bits and pieces of comedy and fan service in this anime. I feel like if it was always dark it would be too boring, this gives it more appeal in my eyes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 28, 2016 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
I hope Lisa's rack Lisa is safe. The cliffhanger certainly left me wanting for more.

SoraSenpai said:
The ending had me curious when the Driver said something about Izzy giving him the tattoo. That's interesting maybe he was a former soldier? Guess we'll find out next week.

I believe he lost two of his fingers during their last encounter, that's why he promised to pay her back. It did not seem as if it had anything to do with his tattoo.
Led_WaylineJul 28, 2016 7:10 AM
Jul 28, 2016 10:44 PM

Sep 2015
Been bored out of my life this whole episode.

TBH I knew I was going to have mix feelings on this anime based on synopsis. Mainly because I felt like it is going to be your average shounen anime of the season. But I can still enjoy premise like this if done well.
And when reading synopsis of some others this does at least sound more interesting so I decided to watch it.
Well 1st episode was pretty generic but I kept watching...

Now it is 4th and I'm seriously considering if I should drop it.
The dialogue is literally copy-pasted shounen lines. So is the MC. I feel like the anime is trying to force characterization on them and just fail.

There is no build up or at least not even any underlying tone to set the stage.
It's just so random.
You get a 5 second scene of him looking at dead bodies as a reason or build up. Then MC squeeze Touko's hand for whatever reason. Then they out right feed in to you why he did it. Well they wouldn't need to explain why he did it if they actually gave a decent reason why he would be frustrated looking at dead bodies.
It would make more sense if he threw up or hell the generic "i don't want to fight anymore." scenario. At least that makes sense.

Touko randomly wanting to know more about him... She KNOWS everything! She is probably the closest person to him in the series. And it isn't like the tatoos were kept secret from her. They literally added that for what reason?
When she decides to bring it up to MC, he just literally was like,"Touko... ok lets go!." Seriously what?
It's like they went from 'I want to get closer' to 'already got closer' skipping the whole actual 'getting closer' part.

Some of the other problems is illogical actions by the antagonist. Namely letting Izzy live instead of shooting her on the spot and making sure she died. They left her to a bomb that she somehow escaped without EXPLANATION! If they weren't going to explode how she survived, they might as well leave out the bomb.

Another issue is that the OST is a bit off. Especially when that weird Schrondinger's cat theme or whatever music that plays when she comes around. Sounds like some scary new enemy but they play it AFTER the fact that majority of the fight was over.

The animation of MC jumping wasn't very good but I don't care much on that. Overall the animation is decent. That jump just looked unnatural.
Also the jokes. They ruin the mood. I understand they want to lighten the mood sometimes but they need to know WHEN to put them in.
I also don't find some of them funny. While they might be amusing they didn't generate a actual laugh.

One last thing. They tried to make that loli seem morally grey rather than black(villain)
But it is hard to see characters here not 'black and white.' "Violence is required" bullshit without good example isn't going to prove to us that the villains are doing the right thing. They also show NO hint of good intention on why they are doing what they are doing. All we know is that she is loyal to Princess-sama. They never explained why she is helping the Princess outside of being sexually harassed because viewers needed to fap.
You would think when that flashback occurred last episode, it would be about why she joined her. But no it was how they BRIEFLY met and how she was groped.

Also as proof of them trying to make her seem morally grey, she help animals. Like that is somehow justifying her actions. I'm not sure what that supposed to prove when she threatens the kitten that she is going to wrangle it if it kept moving.
Writers need to realize liking animals and helping them because you like them doesn't mean you are a kind person. And she is just an underling anyway, not sure why they assumed we would think she is evil or anything. Not like she got un-involved people killed.

though I said it was going to be final. I just keep thinking up more things this anime irritated me about. How Izzy could of simply ambushed the antagonist. hide and snipe them both. They don't have tatoos activated yet so they are essentially normal humans. done deal.
hell why didn't they just plant a bomb on Izzy's base? Why didn't they poison their food. Why do they just show up and do a whole introduction instead of spying, acting like normal civilians? Operatives.. Yea right.
And honestly they haven't showed much speed feats. Mostly raw strength. Which makes me think guns can kill these users. So far the guns failing had been simple incompetence of hitting the goddamn giant blade

I can stand this series if all episodes came out already. I can manage to finish before I'm exasperated. BUT since I have to wait a week for a new episode that I don't really like that much. I probably will drop it.
Yes "don't watch it if you don' like it." Though I won't force myself. I'll probably watch it if I have nothing to do. But I just wanted to get this off my chest.
zcv45Jul 28, 2016 10:49 PM
Jul 29, 2016 7:39 PM

Sep 2015
Honestly the main reason I'm still watching this is for the minor characters the MC is generic as all hell.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Jul 29, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
I'm watching because I'm a masochist, lol

Jul 30, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
Whoa, is it just me, or was this episode super shoddy? Like, in nearly all respects.
Jul 31, 2016 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
The animation of the fight is good, but I can't understand why Seigi needs to stay hidden. Everybody already know him.
I like how the fanservice changes the atmosphere, it's fun.
Jul 31, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
My least favorite episode so far. I like Lisa's ability, thought it was cool. Hoping the cat girl gets killed.
Aug 2, 2016 3:28 AM

Jul 2013
He really destroyed the entire house, lmao. The mood changes of the episode weren't good at all, I even cringed at some parts. Snake guy continues to be the funniest guy of the show.
Hope they manage to rescue Lisa at the end.
Aug 3, 2016 11:11 PM

Aug 2013
Seigi is an absolute moron sigh
Aug 6, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2016
Lisa with her explosive Delaware Smash and Touko with her tattoo's anti gravity :3

So much for just opening the door, Seigi.

Lisa's phone wallpaper tho. Nice Izzy fanservice~

Aug 9, 2016 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
Adding slapstick comedy really destroys the seriousness of the show...
3/5.

Aug 15, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
He destroyed the house, and Lisa is cool, I liked her fighting style.

Aug 27, 2016 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
LMAO the bunny was like "woah! that was close!"

I rather enjoyed the bloodbath blondie gave us.

My organs!
Sep 11, 2016 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
The kingdom fighters are really strong, there was nothing they could do to prevent Lisa from being taken.
Sep 21, 2016 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
I can't stand Cat Girl. She's right that Seigi is too naive, but her experiences with people in the past and Psycho Bitch Princess aren't exemplary either.

And I hate characters, who hide behind their past or use it to justify their actions.

At least she has shown a nice fight.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 5, 2016 7:21 AM

May 2012
Schrödinger's Cat sure still reminds me of Taiga from Toradora in terms of her appearance :p

Pretty okay episode, let's see what's next.
Nov 6, 2016 1:05 AM

Mar 2015
Iltutmish in black tights, hella hot <3
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 31, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2014
Poor Tom, he really didn't deserved that ass-whooping.
Feb 20, 2018 2:51 AM

Dec 2012
WTF! Seigi jumping across buildings like its nothing.
Lisa oppai.
Not David!
SUGOI! Dat nipple button press.
lol at Seigi saying he's going #2.
This dude jumping from buildings now.
Lisa's shoulder. No!!!! Also, dat oppai.
Dat explosion. Lisa!!!!
Seigi! Please save Lisa.
Seigi, you worthless fuck. You let that take Lisa! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
lol at Tom.
WTF! Capybara opening doors. LMAO Capybara, say you! Capybara, oh yeah!
Touko oppai.
Seigi, how could you abuse Touko?
Yes, you are scum.
Yukari is cute.
Yukari with great advice.
lol at the pic on Lisa's phone.
You bastard! Don't you dare complement and touch Lisa's beautiful oppai. With that said...LAWD! Dat Lisa body.
Big Neko and Kazubara.
Touko oppai.
Dat slam.
Touko wants to be by Seigi's side.
Seigi fucked up Tom.
WOW! I saw that coming. The whole house is gone.
Poor rabbit almost died.
Dat ending.

Save Lisa!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 24, 2020 11:02 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AMAZING EPISODE !!!!! This anime really holds no punches, loving the high stress, moral conflicts, real fights real deaths!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 9, 2021 8:04 AM

Oct 2020
That bunny was literally on death's door just a slight meter off and that bunny would been reduce to atoms or more like erase from existence
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM
May 2020
flusey acting more authorative after the kidnapping of her friend
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.