Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 20, 2016 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
Ya'll can say that the fan service was never a focus of PrIllya, and I'd call you a liar.
Pretty good episode, although this is the 3rd episode in a row of getting recked in completely one sided fights. I can at least hope Kuroe can whip Illya back into fighting shape as the PV shown.
Jul 20, 2016 10:33 PM

Feb 2015
Another good episode, as expected. Seeing Shirou in the cell gets my hyped for
. The CG chains were a little jarring but they actually looked really good. It just caught me off guard.

Still a tad disappointed in the scene where Gil tells Angelica to stop using Enkidu as she pleases. There just wasn't as much anger in his voice as I would have hoped. Still my favorite manga scene though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2016 2:44 AM

Jun 2015
Should not Illya have a limitless supply of mana since she is also a vessel for the holy grail-a magical being (if I get it right). So why is she short of it in this dimension?
Jul 21, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
Hijazi said:
Should not Illya have a limitless supply of mana since she is also a vessel for the holy grail-a magical being (if I get it right). So why is she short of it in this dimension?

Illya is only half of it since start of 2wei when she split into Illya and Chloe.

Having limitless vessel does not mean much if you don't have how to fill it too.
Jul 21, 2016 3:02 AM

Jun 2015
Fai said:
Illya is only half of it since start of 2wei when she split into Illya and Chloe.

Having limitless vessel does not mean much if you don't have how to fill it too.

I see. So there is no longer the option of that. I was hoping for some Illya's badassness with that power. Did that mana just disappear or is split between the two?
Jul 21, 2016 3:08 AM
Oct 2011
MightyM16 said:

She suddenly appeared in that fight and resolved the problem of Illya's uselessness, a Deus Ex Machina isn't restricted to a completely new character that appear out of nowhere

Really, no need to get defensive about it, it's a Deus Ex Machina but so what? 3rei isn't perfect but it's pretty good, it's not a mistake like this that''s going to make it bad

It's funny when people are afraid of some tropes like they are intrinsically a sign of bad writing. It's definitely a Deus ex machina. So what? Narrative works are full of them (Hell, REAL LIFE is full of them). This is not the first, and it will not be the last. A deus ex machina can be written as a very exciting moment.
YggdrasilTMJul 21, 2016 3:15 AM
Jul 21, 2016 5:38 AM

Mar 2016
Holy mother of deus.

Gil calling people mongrels is always welcome.

Now to wait for best girl Chloe to make her proper appearance.

YggdrasilTM said:
MightyM16 said:

She suddenly appeared in that fight and resolved the problem of Illya's uselessness, a Deus Ex Machina isn't restricted to a completely new character that appear out of nowhere

Really, no need to get defensive about it, it's a Deus Ex Machina but so what? 3rei isn't perfect but it's pretty good, it's not a mistake like this that''s going to make it bad

It's funny when people are afraid of some tropes like they are intrinsically a sign of bad writing. It's definitely a Deus ex machina. So what? Narrative works are full of them (Hell, REAL LIFE is full of them). This is not the first, and it will not be the last. A deus ex machina can be written as a very exciting moment.

Not that I have anything against the series (been looking forward to it for a while actually) but generally speaking, people who tend to be more critical don't see it as such a good thing. Deus Ex Machina can be seen as a cheap way to avoid a certain-kill situation after raising tension. Since it's never even been hinted at before and all.

Of course, no trope is inherently a bad thing (as stated on the tropewiki page itself) but then again we could make the same argument over plot armour and plot holes which many people seem to dislike.

Shrimperor said:
Also, here is the page from the Manga considering Ruby, may it help some gais here more, even tough it was already said they were collecting magical items.

Looks more to me like a comedic scene though......I guess if someone took it literally then that'd be an explanation. Albeit a pretty outrageous one.

Ketuekigami said:
It's called suspension of disbelief guys. We can give 100 plausible reasons why Ruby is in the pile of junk, and 100 why Illya picked her up. But it certainly isnt impossible, and the ride is more important than explaining every detail sometimes. Though what am I saying, there are 40 bad ends in FSN and Shirou dies in many of them, yet when he survives people say he has "plot armor"....

I'd say putting down the entire ep just because of one blip would be a shame too.
OduduwaJul 21, 2016 5:57 AM
Jul 21, 2016 6:04 AM

Jun 2013
oh come on seriously she just happened to pick up her wand. The fights were awesome
Jul 21, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2011
Being Miyu's brother is suffering.

The Miyu tears, and Illya's declaration to Darius felt pretty top notch.
Jul 21, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2015
Umm, Is it me or these should be sticking out out of GoB and not just floating in the air? I dont think he can just levitate his items.

Gil scene was cool though, illya x beatrice and deus ex machina not so much.

Oh and don't worry, they'll find ways to blast clothes away like queen's blade. Lol "no fanservice" :P.
FrozenkexJul 21, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 21, 2016 7:56 AM
Sep 2014
Salokannel2 said:
wait, am I stupid or did I just miss something? Why was Ruby just lying there in the "trash pile" covered with something?

She's a Mystic Code, and that was a pile of failed attempts at creating Noble Phantasms and Mystic Codes...maybe she got mixed up in there when she got sent over? It makes absolutely no sense to intentionally hide IN THE ENEMY BASE while waiting to be found by your allies so...
Jul 21, 2016 8:52 AM

Oct 2011
gil vs gil. Awesome. I Ilya finding ruby yay. Tanaka omg. Yay Kuro and Bazatt
Jul 21, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
Frozenkex said:
Umm, Is it me or these should be sticking out out of GoB and not just floating in the air? I dont think he can just levitate his items.

Gil can control the weapons' trajectory outside of the gate, like what he does with the chains.
Jul 21, 2016 10:48 AM

Mar 2015
YggdrasilTM said:
MightyM16 said:

My point exactly, idk why some people feel the need to defend Prisma of every single thing that looks like a criticism

It makes them look awfully insecure
Jul 21, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah, this was all right.

Not really seeing the "omgz SL is godz", but I guess fanboyism will do that to ya, eh? ;P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2016 2:49 PM
Jun 2013
antonn said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Eh you do realize that this is the arc where the series throws away the Yuri Undertones aside like a fucking baseball player hitting a ball and making a homerun, right?

Yep, they sure do.

it's still nothing compared to previous seasons.
Jul 21, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
astroprogs said:
Frozenkex said:

Gil can control the weapons' trajectory outside of the gate, like what he does with the chains.

Just floating them and using them just like with GoB, but without it is more than that, not to mention chains are a special case.
Jul 21, 2016 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode.

Gil Kun battle scene and lines were animated perfectly.
Jul 21, 2016 6:54 PM
Sep 2012
_HENTAI_ said:
Great battles and Tanaka’s fanservice too :D
Hopefully Kuro-chan needs some mana xD
Barion-Zara said:
That was hype!!!

Beako's craziness was so much fun. Rie had fun XD
Caster Illya's thighs were 10/10
Tanaka's just the strongest tank ever
And Kuro's save was epic!!

Best scene was definitely Gil's smug tho. So much BAness and awesome faces

And the rest of Caster Illya's legs weren't bad either. ;D
Definitely a great episode.
Jul 21, 2016 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Poor caster. Even in superior adaptation your hype and backstory is removed :[
At least in this case it makes sense in order to adapt stuff at this pacing. Still bitter that one of best characters does not get her hype.
ANd without it this clash between two monsters from Age of Gods loses quite a bit of the hype. The fact that Beatrice easily defeated one of THE strongest magus heroic spirits is lost upon the viewers. :[

Onto good things:
Holy shit was everything else on point. Gil's Gil-like lines were PERFECT and shows the difference between the friendly face he had and his true self of Gilgamesh.

Now let's see if they slow down for the more talky things next episodes because this pacing will not work there.

Salokannel2 said:
wait, am I stupid or did I just miss something? Why was Ruby just lying there in the "trash pile" covered with something?

They explained it this episode - Ainsworths collect mystic codes. Ruby is a mystic code that was used to defeat shadow gilgamesh. Obviously they would take it with themselves. ANd obviously it would refuse to cooperate and thus be thrown into the trash pile guarded by Beatrice.

Don't mind the circlejerk hellbent on hating on this show.

Wait, didn't Illya have Ruby with her when she fell in between worlds?

That's what confused me
Jul 21, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Hijazi said:

Wait, I thought Illya was a normal human born to magical parents in Fate/Kaleid? Isn't that part of the point of the show?
Jul 21, 2016 8:49 PM

Dec 2009
This was an amazing episode. Loved reading Gil's cocky scenes in the manga and they're portrayed beautifully in the anime >:D Also I like the voice they chose for the head of the Ainsworth family, fits his character a lot.
Jul 21, 2016 8:54 PM

Dec 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Fai said:

Wait, I thought Illya was a normal human born to magical parents in Fate/Kaleid? Isn't that part of the point of the show?

Did you even watch 2wei? It was revealed Illya WASN'T a normal human and was still born between a human and a homunculus like the other series. She's built almost exactly like the Illya from F/SN not counting the fact Kuro split off from her.
Jul 21, 2016 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Did you even watch 2wei? It was revealed Illya WASN'T a normal human and was still born between a human and a homunculus like the other series. She's built almost exactly like the Illya from F/SN not counting the fact Kuro split off from her.

I watched it when it aired two years ago. Must've forgot that part
Jul 22, 2016 6:04 AM
Jun 2013
Shrimperor said:
Also, here is the page from the Manga considering Ruby, may it help some gais here more, even tough it was already said they were collecting magical items.

Almost ALL other magical girls have plain, boring magical items, but not Illya's: Ruby can be a mad, syringe flinging psycho one moment, and be a clinging puppy the next. Ya just gotta love that... and thankful that she and Nanoha's Raising Heart can never meet, because that would be the end of the world as we know it!!! :)
Jul 22, 2016 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
Is it just me or many of the gory scenes are cut/censored...

/ok episode

3/5
Jul 22, 2016 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
lfhoule said:
and thankful that she and Nanoha's Raising Heart can never meet

you sure?
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/fatestay-night-x-mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-r2767
Jul 22, 2016 8:39 AM

Mar 2015
Really good episode, managed to adapt three chapters without feeling rushed.

Gil vs Angelica was good, although I feel it was more intense in the manga.

Beatrice keeps being really entertaining.

Caster Illya was great.
Jul 22, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2007
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

That's what confused me

No, she woke up without the staff. She even said it out-loud and it is the reason why she was searching others to rejoin them.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

The timeline is the same till Zero. Its shown/explained in 2wei. Irisviel and Kiritsugu betrayed Einzberns before 4th war and Irisviel reset Illya, sealing off her genetic memories and grail functions. Now ten years latter Einzberns are no more, whatever that means. Illya broke the seal during Saber fight unlocking her grail functions. However after what happened there and in Assassin fight(which led to her fearing the supernatural world and her own power and wanting to reject it), she subconsciously split away the Einzbern knowledge into a separate entity, essentially splitting herself into two beings. Its huge part of why Chloe spent time trying to murder her. Chloe and Illya in one being make up FSN Illya.
Jul 22, 2016 9:47 AM
Jun 2013
Shrimperor said:
lfhoule said:
and thankful that she and Nanoha's Raising Heart can never meet

you sure?
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/fatestay-night-x-mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-r2767

Well, object lesson #256: if you think that a crossover is not possible, the powers that be have, in fact, done it in some form!
Jul 22, 2016 10:18 AM
Feb 2016
Epic fighting scenes.
Castor Illya is so cute. Gil is so cute.

Can't ask for more in an episode.
Jul 22, 2016 12:49 PM

Oct 2008
Wow was this a phenomenal episode for me. A ton of ground covered without feeling rushed, great action scenes, reunions, arc conclusions, more mystery, everything was simply perfect this episode.

OP Gilgamesh at his best!
ActarJul 22, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 22, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

That's what confused me

No, she woke up without the staff. She even said it out-loud and it is the reason why she was searching others to rejoin them.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

The timeline is the same till Zero. Its shown/explained in 2wei. Irisviel and Kiritsugu betrayed Einzberns before 4th war and Irisviel reset Illya, sealing off her genetic memories and grail functions. Now ten years latter Einzberns are no more, whatever that means. Illya broke the seal during Saber fight unlocking her grail functions. However after what happened there and in Assassin fight(which led to her fearing the supernatural world and her own power and wanting to reject it), she subconsciously split away the Einzbern knowledge into a separate entity, essentially splitting herself into two beings. Its huge part of why Chloe spent time trying to murder her. Chloe and Illya in one being make up FSN Illya.

So how long has Illya been in this new world then? I had thought it had barely bee a day or two and that feels like too short a time for the Ainsworth head to find Ruby, experiment on it, and fail.
Jul 22, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2008
This season has just been freaking phenomenal so far. This show really took a level in badass.

Am I the only one shipping Shotamesh x Tittymesh? ;D

Rie as Flowerchild gives me the chills even now. Truly the berserker loli queen.

ThespacepopeJul 22, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 22, 2016 9:20 PM

Aug 2010
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

So how long has Illya been in this new world then? I had thought it had barely bee a day or two and that feels like too short a time for the Ainsworth head to find Ruby, experiment on it, and fail.

A tiny spoiler (it's really small, but don't open if you want to continue 100% blind):
Jul 22, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
astroprogs said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

A tiny spoiler (it's really small, but don't open if you want to continue 100% blind):

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks
Jul 22, 2016 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
astroprogs said:

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks

Np :)
---------------------------------------
Jul 23, 2016 2:56 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Not only that but the sticks can outright refuse to work as shown with Ruby and Luvia.
Its also why they are genuinely considered failures by their creator as most of times they don't do anything that is expected to spite him.
Jul 23, 2016 4:19 AM

May 2014
This is the first time I liked Gil
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 23, 2016 5:48 PM

Feb 2011
Frozenkex said:
astroprogs said:

Just floating them and using them just like with GoB, but without it is more than that, not to mention chains are a special case.

See Fate/Zero vs. Lovecraftian monster and Beserker he can control the weapons with just his eyes. It's rather cool
Jul 23, 2016 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Those where special NPs. NOT everything he threw at Berserker(or anyone else) was homing at him.

That and in the manga Angelica DOES fire those swords from portals
AND we never saw Gil doing that-having swords float- in FZ or FSN. And against Rider he missed a LOT.And it would be easy to hit Ilya in UBW if he could do that.

The ONE time Gil does it in the fight in the manga, we can assume that the portals werent drawn to make the drawing better and when Angelica protects herself, all the swords are the same probably floating on their own.
Jul 24, 2016 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
dim100 said:
Frozenkex said:

See Fate/Zero vs. Lovecraftian monster and Beserker he can control the weapons with just his eyes. It's rather cool

Also since we know that traced swords can be fired in same fashion, that already means you don't need in the gate and if a fake can do it the original should be able too.
Jul 24, 2016 2:17 AM

Jan 2015
Fai said:
Also since we know that traced swords can be fired in same fashion, that already means you don't need in the gate and if a fake can do it the original should be able too.

I dont think that archer/shirou launching swords is faking Gilgamesh. They are mages, but gilgamesh isn't a magus, I'd say.
Jul 24, 2016 4:13 AM

Aug 2009
Frozenkex said:
Fai said:

I dont think that archer/shirou launching swords is faking Gilgamesh. They are mages, but gilgamesh isn't a magus, I'd say.
That and comparing the inside of UBW to GoB is ridiculous.

From FZ Ln:

It makes no sense that he wouldnt control ALL of them or that he would stop controlling them in mid fight, IF he could really control them
Jul 24, 2016 4:31 PM
May 2013
I really hope ilya and go get another power update. For sure she shouldnt out right win but atleast be able to put up a fight.
Jul 24, 2016 11:24 PM

Jul 2007
yuukiwr said:
I really hope ilya and go get another power update. For sure she shouldnt out right win but atleast be able to put up a fight.

The last "power update" nearly killed her and most likely left her with permanent damage that will most likely have it's consequences as said this episode.

Not to mention you would need more than few power updates to match a god.
Jul 24, 2016 11:39 PM
May 2013
Fai said:
yuukiwr said:

The last "power update" nearly killed her and most likely left her with permanent damage that will most likely have it's consequences as said this episode.

Not to mention you would need more than few power updates to match a god.

like i said i dont expect her to win either way just being able to put up more of an fight^^
Jul 26, 2016 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode! Gil was ragingly cool! loli gil seems to have the upperhand until those cards showed-up, thankfully they were interrupted by the blast from illya's other fight.
Illya finally got her powers back with Ruby!
sniper assist from Kuro was nice also!
I wonder what's the deal with Tanaka!? is she a Tank!? not even a scratch!?
5/5.

Jul 31, 2016 2:20 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
EmphaticPikachu said:

gil stop mocking yourself, its hilarious and yet bad ass at the same time lmao.
loved this episode.

I found it quite amusing especially after Shirou vs Gilgamesh on UBW, that Gil would make a comment like that.
Great episode, but we all know the best is still to came.
Aug 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
Doing great. Illya including caster card was great moment. But Tanaka shielding her was even better, her lost memory still intigues me.

It's nice to know that they are finally getting together in the next episode. And I wonder if their last enemy is Ainsworth or rather Gil who become whole after defeating Angelica.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.