Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 31, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the more I think about the Erika, the more I think she may be more unstable even though she just wants friends.

The action was alright, good to see Kuro fighting again.
Gotta give credit to Illya having that strong sense of determination though.
Aug 31, 2016 7:40 AM
Jul 2011
This was the episode i was waiting for and it didn't disappoint.

And new ending even, wonder if it's just for this episode or rest of season. Could see it just being for this one as it fit with the themes of it. Really great ending though, so god damn cute as well.
Aug 31, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
So now the reason for Miyu's capture is out but the question is how will the stop the enemy and how will the save both the world and Miyu.
Guess there is lot's of work ahead of them.
Aug 31, 2016 9:01 AM
Jun 2016
This episode is kinda slow in my opinion but making a choose (or not like Illiya's decision) of saving the world or one person is quite important.

Action was ok its not about all-out attack but mostly dislodges of why Kuro make her choice.
Aug 31, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
Best episode as of yet imo

That fight scene between Kuro and Angelica was fucking cool

Aug 31, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2011
The reason why I think that Shirou's dilemma in HF is more interesting than Ilya's One is more or less this episode
Aug 31, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
The fight scene between Kuro and Angelica was so cool!
Aug 31, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2012
Liking the new ed, but I preferred the last one a bit more.

Nice episode even though I thought Illya would of had more trouble deciding.

Aug 31, 2016 9:39 AM

May 2014
Thats the way Illya! Dont be like your father! Yeah! Save them both!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 31, 2016 9:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that's Fate for you
Aug 31, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2009
A whole (quite boring) episode just to see Illya make the decision we already knew she would. Eh...
Aug 31, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
Illya was too annoying, at least she went with the " I will save everyone route".
I liked seeing Erika being spanked, she deserves more.
Aug 31, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
So many highlights in this episode. So many.

While i completely understand where Kuro is coming from, i can't help but agree, Angelica.

Yeeeeaaaaah, foolish indeed...

And this is the different decision Kiritsugu made that diverged this timeline from the one we see in Fate/Zero.

Oh? You seem to know an awful alot about this card. It's almost like you had experience dealing with this card's abilities before.

"B-b-b-but i thought this show was about yuri lolis fanservice!"

In any other series, i'd be cheering for this. But, unfortunetly for you, Illya, this is Fate. Good luck doing that here.

"Just because you're correct, doesn't mean you're right, Angelica."

So beautiful. The song is alright, but the visuals are just a sight for sore eyes.

For all the manga readers, it's finally happening, guys. Looking at the preview, the next episode will be hype, but episode 11...
Oh, episode 11...
astroprogsAug 31, 2016 11:04 AM
Aug 31, 2016 10:42 AM
Jun 2016
astroprogs said:

For all the manga reader, it's finally happening, guys. Looking at the preview, the next episode will be hype, but episode 11...
Oh, episode 11...

episode 11 not 10? this is episode 9 unless
Aug 31, 2016 10:43 AM

Feb 2012
great episode, pacing was a little slow but other than that everything was spot on, looking at preview i believe its gonna end at around the final pages of chapter 23
LET THE HYPE BEGIN!
Aug 31, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
eric5533 said:
astroprogs said:

For all the manga reader, it's finally happening, guys. Looking at the preview, the next episode will be hype, but episode 11...
Oh, episode 11...

Yep, i was talking about that (chapter 23). At first i thought that we'll get to that point by episode 10, but there's no way we're getting there now in just one episode.

xCrazyChris11x said:
great episode, pacing was a little slow but other than that everything was spot on, looking at preview i believe its gonna end at around the final pages of chapter 23
LET THE HYPE BEGIN!

There's absolutely no way the next episode will cover chapters 20, 21, 22 AND 23. What you're expecting will most likely be at the second half of episode 11.
astroprogsAug 31, 2016 10:50 AM
Aug 31, 2016 11:00 AM

Feb 2012
astroprogs said:
eric5533 said:

Yep, i was talking about that (chapter 23). At first i thought that we'll get to that point by episode 10, but there's no way we're getting there now in just one episode.

xCrazyChris11x said:
LET THE HYPE BEGIN!

There's absolutely no way the next episode will cover chapters 20, 21, 22 AND 23. What you're expecting will most likely be at the second half of episode 11.

chapter 22 is only 10 pages and preview shows scenes from chapter 23 around 10 page mark, if its not at the end of next episode it'll be at the beginning of episode 11
Aug 31, 2016 11:11 AM

Feb 2016
Your typical Fate episode hehehehe, got some vibes of Emiya here, also, i knew that somehow Illya was going for the cliché of saving everything, i wonder how will she do that tho, this episode hyped me, cant wait for next one :D

dayum, i almost believed that Illya actually recieved damage lol
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 31, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
xCrazyChris11x said:
astroprogs said:

chapter 22 is only 10 pages and preview shows scenes from chapter 23 around 10 page mark, if its not at the end of next episode it'll be at the beginning of episode 11

Oh, you're right. I checked again and some shots from the preview indeed take place in chapter 23. I stand corrected.

I wonder if they'll reach the end of that chapter by the end of next episode, though. There's just so much content, even with the small chapter 22. I'm more inclined to think that chapter 23 will be divided between the two episodes with "that" happening in episode 11.
Aug 31, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2010
Kuro was BA! So many shots of her were epic!
Dat Darius spanking session XD

And the ED T^T so beautiful
Aug 31, 2016 11:36 AM

Nov 2014
Kuro was freaking awesome, Illya scared me for a bit
Hi there
Aug 31, 2016 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
We're finally into the part of 3rei (well, one of the parts) that make it so great and such top-tier Fate/ material. Very Heaven's Feel-esque choice for Ilya to make. Next episode is when the fun really begins though. The whole gang from both sides of the conflict in one gigantic battle in the crater (not really a spoiler since it's previewed in the ED, right?).

But really, super happy to finally be at this stage of the story. Just upset that it only has a few more episodes so we'll likely have to wait a year for the best part to be animated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
Been waiting for that line.

Aug 31, 2016 11:46 AM

Jan 2016
Where is my Unrimitade brueid worksu ?
Aug 31, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
Episode 9 End Card:

Auck said:
Where is my Unrimitade brueid worksu ?

Kuro doesn't know how to use the Archer card or comprehend what it can really do. She just does things by instinct, as she puts it in the Gil fight at the end of 2wei Herz: "I don't know why, but i know what to do."
Aug 31, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
Best episode, classic Fate episode. If you want the grail to do that, you're gonna have a bad time, Illya.

Kuro was great this episode. Her characterization just couldn't be anymore perfect.
Aug 31, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
That was amazing. I love the fact that Illya inherited her fathers ideals. This is the first time in any of the Fate series that I've really felt like she was Kiritsugu's daughter. Oh man now I want to see a badass grown up Illya.
Actually I'd prefer if she stayed a loli forever but eh
Aug 31, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
"I WILL SAVE BOTH, MIYU AND THE WORLD!!!"
Thus Emiya said;
"DON'T FUCKING STEAL MY LINE!!!"
Kiritsugu interupted;
"Son...that's actually my line..."

lmao. in the beginning of the episode, i thought, if there was emiya here, he would probably said "i will save both" lol and illya actually said it. and that kiritsugu tho....always speechless when it comes to him.

so, illya finally decided what to do, kuro agree with it, and....
how is tanaka going right now btw ? haven't seen her that much recently.
she is one of the main character, isn't she ? when the they will reveal it ?
tanaka, are you okay ???

looking foward to the next episode.
Aug 31, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
Tevens said:

how is tanaka going right now btw

Tanaka is a good kid who eats well, sleeps well and doesn't get into life or death fights after 10 PM.
Aug 31, 2016 2:39 PM
Jun 2016
astroprogs said:
Tevens said:

how is tanaka going right now btw

Tanaka is a good kid who eats well, sleeps well and doesn't get into life or death fights after 10 PM.

lol I choked on ice...
Aug 31, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
fucking hype man!
Aug 31, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2015
Episode was a tiny bit slow, I did enjoy Kuro fighting. Hype af for next episode!
Aug 31, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2013

domestic violence
Aug 31, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2013
Am I the only one that after reading Angelica's explanation of how the Ainsworths will use the holy grail to make humanity capable to exist in the new world (which by definition looks devoid of ALL life) thinks that wish will turn everyone into undeads and therefore bring a zombie apocalypse?
Aug 31, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, the entire time during this episode I kept thinking of the F/Z scene Kiritsugu deciding which boat to save, then Kuro goes and references him.

Ilya's assassin outfit was cute.
Aug 31, 2016 4:27 PM
Aug 2016
One question, shirou miyu's brother its the same fate stay night?
obs:I'am new here, I speak portuguese br
Aug 31, 2016 4:31 PM
Dec 2013
With the exception of Kiritsugu's descision this basically confirms the fact that fate prisma has the same history as the original fate series right?
Aug 31, 2016 4:35 PM
Dec 2013
Mattheuz_m4g0 said:
One question, shirou miyu's brother its the same fate stay night?
obs:I'am new here, I speak portuguese br

Well almost the same, but this one was more properly trained by Kiritsugu than the one from the original fate.
Aug 31, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Nezperdian said:
But she says it doesn't hurt (∩ ͠° ͜ʖ °)⊃━☆゚.*

shes enduring it.
Aug 31, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
Angelica is weird. She seems to know all about the cards, as "thats not how you use this card" more or less show, but at the same time she says "challenging Gilgamesh with numbers if foolish", despite that being the entire point of UBW.

Also: Only wishing for humanity to be able to live is stupid. How are they supposed to live if all animals and plants are dead? Again this weird duality: She reprimanded Kuro that they will not be able to survive even if they win the fight and free Miyu, as everyone will die, but completely forgets how *they* will live after being transformed when humans are the only ones alive. She also forgets that Illiya and Kuro are not from this world, they only have to leave and return to their own.

Given this, Angelica reprimanding Kuro for "forgetting" (which she didn't anyway) this "important" thing is kinda ironic.
Aug 31, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2010
NwAurion said:
Angelica is weird. She seems to know all about the cards, as "thats not how you use this card" more or less show, but

Also: Only wishing for humanity to be able to live is stupid. How are they supposed to live if all animals and plants are dead? Again this weird duality: She reprimanded Kuro that they will not be able to survive even if they win the fight and free Miyu, as everyone will die, but completely forgets how *they* will live after being transformed when humans are the only ones alive. She also forgets that Illiya and Kuro are not from this world, they only have to leave and return to their own.

Given this, Angelica reprimanding Kuro for "forgetting" (which she didn't anyway) this "important" thing is kinda ironic.

You're overlooking the deeper meaning of their wish. Their wish isn't to just save humanity & live happily ever after, it's to entirely transform humanity into an organism that can survive in this "new world".
They could take Miyu back to their own world, however like Angelica said, they would have to be able to live with the guilt of abandoning the rest of humanity in Miyu's world, all the innocent people who have nothing to do with Ainsworth.
antonnAug 31, 2016 7:25 PM
Aug 31, 2016 6:51 PM
Sep 2015
Nice to see that there is an explanation on how the world is dying and the allusions to a certain Nasuverse story. The Heaven's Feel dilemma comes up here but remembering that this is a magical girl story, Ilya counters heartless pragmatism with blind optimism.

Even if I understand why the Ainsworths are performing their actions, the way they repeatedly kick the dog (metaphorically speaking) makes them unsympathetic and morally wrong to me. It would be interesting to see how Ilya & Co. will work to saving Miyu's world after saving Miyu.

Inori_is_love said:
That was amazing. I love the fact that Illya inherited her fathers ideals. This is the first time in any of the Fate series that I've really felt like she was Kiritsugu's daughter.

Technically she inherited her father's initial ideals (being a Hero of Justice that can save all) before he became jaded and corrupted it into the Ally of Justice ideal (sacrifice the few for the many) but yeah, she's become her father's daughter.
Aug 31, 2016 7:16 PM

Oct 2014
Man, Archer must be rolling in his grave right now

seriously tho, i am kinda dissapointed, it just can't compare to

Anywayz, HYPEEEEZ for what's to come :D
Aug 31, 2016 7:35 PM
Jul 2016
Tevens said:
"I WILL SAVE BOTH, MIYU AND THE WORLD!!!"
Thus Emiya said;
"DON'T FUCKING STEAL MY LINE!!!"
Kiritsugu interupted;
"Son...that's actually my line..."

lmao. in the beginning of the episode, i thought, if there was emiya here, he would probably said "i will save both"

Oh, REALLY?

Aug 31, 2016 8:07 PM

Nov 2010
Do you see that, Ufo? Do you see how it's done?

Really, this whole episode was almost perfect. The main theme was translated perfectly; character struggles and motivations were well shown; combat was fluid and, while not the best of what Silver Link has to offer, is on the level of Fate/ fights. Every sword Angelica launched was different and Archer-Gil was well shown (unlike certain other show). Background music was complimentary but didn't get in the way - I though there is no background music due to how well it blends. Voice actors all brought up their characters, especially Saito Chiwa (Kuro's VA). Illya's VA could be a tiny bit less whiny, though. XD

Only serious complaint I have is that Silver Link omitted Illya's most badass line from the manga:
"It's okay to be righteous and save the world, but it's okay to be selfish and save just one person too. Neither of them are the wrong choice. That's why I'm going to save both. It's just the natural thing to do!"
While it technically doesn't change much, it adds more to Illya's character and her reasoning and explains why her Answer is the best one.

Next ep... hoho... I predict most epic cliffhanger of all times :D

By the way, happy b-day Astro!
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Aug 31, 2016 9:10 PM
May 2015
Aurioch said:
Do you see that, Ufo? Do you see how it's done?

Really, this whole episode was almost perfect. The main theme was translated perfectly; character struggles and motivations were well shown; combat was fluid and, while not the best of what Silver Link has to offer, is on the level of Fate/ fights. Every sword Angelica launched was different and Archer-Gil was well shown (unlike certain other show). Background music was complimentary but didn't get in the way - I though there is no background music due to how well it blends. Voice actors all brought up their characters, especially Saito Chiwa (Kuro's VA). Illya's VA could be a tiny bit less whiny, though. XD

Only serious complaint I have is that Silver Link omitted Illya's most badass line from the manga:
"It's okay to be righteous and save the world, but it's okay to be selfish and save just one person too. Neither of them are the wrong choice. That's why I'm going to save both. It's just the natural thing to do!"
While it technically doesn't change much, it adds more to Illya's character and her reasoning and explains why her Answer is the best one.

Next ep... hoho... I predict most epic cliffhanger of all times :D

By the way, happy b-day Astro!

What kind of Fai are you?
Aug 31, 2016 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS BRILLIANT.

Isn't it hilarious that "loli spin off" is the one that bothered to explain stuff like magic circuits and od when ufoubw is to busy doing bullshit? SUCK IT ufo.

What's more this thematically shits on HF too as Illya's choice is the in-character one, unlike

The OST was beautiful too. And we got our "Gaia is a bitch" monologue from Angelica perfectly, which explains the liner in the show title.

A "liner" is a human existence that transcends the norm. A Servant, a Ghost Liner, is a human soul powered by heroic spirit history, A Kaleid Liner, is a human being infused with Second Magic. And So on. Aisnworth goal is to turn humanity into the kind of liners that could adapt and survive in the dead world, outliving Gaia.

And Yeah, Illya's decision might be noble, but this is fate and nothing is that simple.

astroprogs said:

Yeeeeaaaaah, foolish indeed...

But it is.
The only reason it worked in UBW was because it was Shirou and not somebody GIl would take seriously.
Serious Gil would ROFLSTOMP ubw in seconds. EA, countless of noble phantasms serving various purposes(literally making him able to asspull anything), not to mention divine constructs shirou can't trace or break with an equal(since he has no conceptual equal).

"Just because you're correct, doesn't mean you're right, Angelica."

Please stop spreading that highschooler level of phrasing. There are enough memes already.

NwAurion said:
Angelica is weird. She seems to know all about the cards, as "thats not how you use this card" more or less show, but at the same time she says "challenging Gilgamesh with numbers if foolish", despite that being the entire point of UBW.

And Entire point of UBW is that you only can do that if GIl thinks you do not matter.

She did not say "humans survive", she said they want "humans to become lifeform that is able to survive in this new world"
AhenshihaelAug 31, 2016 10:02 PM
Aug 31, 2016 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode and some good fights, even if it felt a bit slow. the erica spanking scene was so unnecessary though lol.
Aug 31, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2015
This series is pretty epic. I love 3wei much better than the previous seasons. That scene with Kiritsugu and how he made a different decision to cause this parallel universe was also a well done tie in.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 31, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2015
Not gonna lie , as stupid as it is , i can't help but respect Kuro for choosing one life over the world...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.