Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the narratives of this show still gives a mixed feeling of joy and tranquility.
The amount of foreshadowing this episode though..

In the meantime, I still like the character chemistry of the series. Naho and Kakeru's relationship has been developing although she is still somewhat timid around him. I like how their bond got closer this episode though after interacting more. The atmospheric feeling combined with the music works quite well this episode too imo.

Jul 10, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
I'm really loving this adaption!

I already teared up once during this episode when Kakeru talked about his mum committing suicide. I couldn't imagine losing my mum like that.

Gotta get those tissues ready for the later episodes!
Jul 10, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
I hope the production can keep up.

This episode had 17 animation directors.

The chief animation director and the character designer were working on episode 1 until the same week it aired which is not good and actually worrying.

Nevertheless great episode!
FappaJul 10, 2016 8:54 AM
Jul 10, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
One chapter adapted again.
Their facial expressions looked better this episode and I liked Naho/Kakeru scenes at the end.
Jul 10, 2016 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty good adaptation so far, really love how they handled the execution in this one. xD

and Naho is still cute in here (which I like her btw of course)
Jul 10, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
Azu is like one of us
"Don't say that! Konk" LMAO

Also Kakeru's smile is always on point. We must protect it.
Jul 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
This episode had 17 animation directors.

That explains why it looked so amazing.

Just two episodes and I already love the series :-)
Jul 10, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
I definitely enjoyed this episode much more than the first

Kakeru's smile is adorable
Jul 10, 2016 10:07 AM
Sep 2015
Very good. This is definitely my anime of the season at the moment.
Jul 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Did anybody else see those oranges in the episode?

Yea, me neither -_-

But in all seriousness, good episode 7/5

Jul 10, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
Come on Naho, just stick to the plan. Give Kakeru the lunchbox and then flee. But I guess it's not that bad either to not giving it to Kakeru at the school, so they have extra time to talk and know each other after school.
MasceraJul 10, 2016 10:21 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 10, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
So yeah, judging by the end, it seems Kakeru is dead in the future (Obvious from the first episode). I'm fully certain it's
revealed this episode. Was a good episode.
Jul 2018
Damn this will be AOTS for me. Hopefully it doesn't get cheesy like shigatsu.

Sep 2015
It was amazing again
They revealed why Kakeru wasn't at school and how he died (in the future), it came out of nowhere, I was not ready for this
Jul 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
Of soccer and lunch this week. Well Naho clearly has feelings for Kakeru already, which look to be mutual. And Suwa for Naho which is no surprise. Geez, that suicide of Kakeru's mom came outta nowhere and hit like a truck. I feel like the future letter probably should have mentioned that specifically...well we got confirmation that the future child was Suwa and Naho's. And that concern in the back of my mind persists.
Jul 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
Kakeru's revelation about his mom really came out of nowhere. Talk about a sudden mood change. And now it's been revealed that he's not with them in the future because he died, as I expected. I have a feeling he also committed suicide.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 10, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again and adapted excellently as well. Was kinda surprised they went for a single chapter in 1 episode but then again given the length of one chapter that's kinda normal.

Character chemistry among the group is great as ever, I always enjoy watching them having fun together.
Kakeru's smile during Soccer and when Naho gave him the bento was great to see and captured as good as the manga :D

Revelations about Kakeru's Mom death and the fact about his death in the future.

I'm assuming they'll start to pickup the pace soon to fit everything into 1 cour.
Jul 10, 2016 10:39 AM
Apr 2014
Aww this is too sweet... and then Kakeru dumps all his sadness.
The visuals look beautiful.
She could've told her past self about Kakeru's mother etc why didn't she? that would've hindered her plot?
I wonder if her future self will keep sending letters from future or what, how is the past self gonna prevent the accident?
Jul 10, 2016 10:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
And now we know about Kakeru's mom and how she committed suicide. I was expecting two chapters being animated, but it's fine the way it is. They'll need to pick up the pace if they'll make this series one cour. And Kakeru's dead in the future... welp, that escalated quickly!

5/5
Jul 10, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
such a heart warming show... did Nahu married Suwa in the future... it seemed that way to me
Jul 10, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2009
Starting a new trend: #savekakeru
:3
Jul 10, 2016 10:52 AM
Mar 2015
I found the scene showing how Naho and her mother with their similar thought processes was quite funny, since I don't remember that in the manga.
I love the anime adaptation so far.<3

ibraheem234 said:
such a heart warming show... did Nahu married Suwa in the future... it seemed that way to me

Yes, they did get married.
Jul 10, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
What a great series. The ost fits in really well. Can't wait for more episodes.
Jul 10, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
As good as everything else is in this show, I find Naho to be extremely annoying, particularly her future self and how damn vague she is with her letter to the current Naho. Like, how will making him lunch prevent his "accident". And if it's a suicide that she's referring to, which is what I'm expecting, why say it's just an "accident" rather than say exactly what happened? After all, how is current Naho supposed to save Kakeru if she doesn't know the truth about what he needs saving from?

Oh well, at least they're developing things well so far, so I can't complain too much.
Jul 10, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode!

Future Naho should have tell her past self about Kakeru'a mother!
Jul 10, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see her finally taking the letter seriously.
Better episode than the first, the dialogue was more natural.
Jul 10, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2013
During the episode, I was like :

-Give that goddamn lunch box already!!!
Jul 10, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know, I feel like what Naho (future) is doing is kind of selfish. Its like she's cheating on her family in the past. Everyone talks about how motherly she is, but she's willing to give up her kid (in the future timeline), yea not buying it. If something already happened for a long time and your happy then why change it? It just seems kind of a bunk idea to me. Also I am writing about the future Naho's perspective because obviously the younger one has no idea about any of this it seems.
Jul 10, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
More enjoyable than the first episode. We learn that the absence of Kakeru in the last episode was caused due her mother dying and, as I predicted in the last episode, Kakeru died in the adult Naho timeline and her future self wants present Naho to save him from that car accident.

With Naho decided to protect Kakeru's smile, the plot starts.

Other than that, I liked the interacctions between the characters. Poor Megane-kun seems to be the butt-monkey of the group.
Btw, Naho's hobby is doing home task? Top tier waifu material here, people.
Jul 10, 2016 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
Huu, I wasn't expecting that his mother committed suicide... I thought that he was sick and dying and that Naho just wanted to make his last moments the best that they could be.

That was the reason (I thought) why he stopped playing soccer, and that he was supposed to be at the hospital for something important but since he went with friends that day instead, he suddenly got worse and was bed ridden for 2 weeks.

I was wrong. Will just have to see how things play out and stop guessing I suppose.
Jul 10, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
it's a good show. pretty much every1 is likable & the mirai nikki plot makes it more interesting then an average shoujo school life..

2nd best show this season for me, after 91 days.
dragonofmarsJul 10, 2016 12:30 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 12:03 PM
Nov 2015
I'm thinking this is gonna be the next Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

Other reactions include: HOLY ANIMATION, AOTS, there's a surprisingly low amount of haters so far, I would've expected more.
Jul 10, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
Another great episode :)
Jul 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Feb 2013
Still crying! I'm loving this adaption <3
Jul 10, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2015
So, Orange has passed one of the bigger hurdles that all anime have to go through, the second episode. The first episode created excitement and the second managed to carry on the exact same feeling. So many times have an anime started out great with it's debut only to fall short the next episode leaving the viewer confused and questioning what went wrong during the storyboard development phase.

For a drama it's certainly delivering at this point. What I really liked about this episode is how the show never really dragged on at any point. The drama is fed to us in bits allowing us ample opportunity to think about what's going on, to start asking questions to ourselves, without making the show boring or dull. Dialogue is the most element and the show gave us plenty of breathing moments between them to allow us to digest everything and more importantly not get sick and tired of the pacing. Yes, it can be slower at some points, but that's inevitable for dramas. Being a slower paced show does not make it dull as long as it's not tiring to watch. The little bits and pieces of the story all acme together at the perfect time. In other words, the pacing was great in this episode. I have a lot of troubles sitting through dramas sometimes because either it feels rushed and you don't get a chance to develop a connection with the characters or it gets dragged on to oblivion and I can't help but do something else on my second monitor. Good signs so far.

A surprising thought came to me as the episode ended. Again, there is a little scene of all the friends in their adulthood going to visit Kakeru's grave. As the scene went by I realized something. My initial thoughts in my episode 1 writeup was that future Naho was writing the letter to attempt to change the future. But, it came to me that what if that's not the central point of this show? The words "regret" keep popping up in the dialogue and a few questions hit me. Kakeru's death may be unavoidable, they say fate can't be changed. Now, future Naho keeps telling younger Naho that she has a lot of regrets yet the future scenes at the end of the two episodes seems to depict all the characters in a rather happy mood. Maybe I'm reading too much into this or maybe they've already grieved enough to let go of those feelings but I think the scenes at the end are actually showing the future group in the timeline where there are no, or at least, fewer regrets since younger Naho already messed up with the first warning. This completely changes the tone of the show for me. Instead of it being an anime about changing the future through your actions, it takes on a more realistic approach in living life without regrets. Being able to live life without regrets is something that I think every person should strive for. There's nothing worse than thinking "what could I have done, what should I have done, if I did this would things be different?" for the rest of your life. No matter how many times you say sorry you'll never get over that feeling of regret so it's important to cherish the special moments in your life and do whatever you can to live life to the fullest and in Orange's case, to give yourself a memory to treasure.

That is just my mind going wild and speculating a whole bunch. I have no idea what to expect still and my excitement has yet to die down. Rarely do I put so much thought into an anime, this is an unfamiliar territory for me and I can't wait wait to see how it all ends. The story of living life without regrets would be very refreshing to experience but even if the show doesn't go down that route I am positive I'll still enjoy it.

I loved the use of the mother-like figure reference for Naho. Something that was jokingly said early in the episode turned out to have a deeper meaning by the end. of it. I'll be honest, I was expecting it, it was pretty obvious. Still, the power of those words managed to leave an impact even though it was predictable and rather cliche.

Moving on, the soundtrack has yet to leave it's mark on me. Maybe it's because I'm into the more powerful orchestral pieces like in Madoka Magica Rebellion but there have been plenty of shows that have 1 or 2 tracks that leave an impression on me. So far, that's not the case. It's not a bad thing though, a good soundtrack captures the viewer whereas a mediocre one will just fly by. Nowadays there aren't really any "bad" soundtracks.

To close up, Orange has met my expectations so far with flying colors and I can't wait to continue this story.
Jul 10, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
I was surprised
kakeru died
Jul 10, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
The feels man...the feels. These type of shows really aren't my thing but I'm glad I'm watching it because it has such an element of realism that makes you truly get into the story and appreciate its value. Kakeru's story about his mother really hit home for me and the fact that he can go on carrying his smile is something that really shows his character's strength. I'm hoping that his fate isn't as what was foreshadowed at the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 10, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
I'm really liking this so far. Can't wait for next week ^.^
Jul 10, 2016 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
I really jaw dropped when he talked about his mother.I was eating something and I dropped it.The characters chemistry is insanely good.I believe by the end of the series I will cry hard.I really hope she will learn to listen to the letter faster.
Jul 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
HecticLeo said:
So, Orange has passed one of the bigger hurdles that all anime have to go through, the second episode. The first episode created excitement and the second managed to carry on the exact same feeling. So many times have an anime started out great with it's debut only to fall short the next episode leaving the viewer confused and questioning what went wrong during the storyboard development phase.

For a drama it's certainly delivering at this point. What I really liked about this episode is how the show never really dragged on at any point. The drama is fed to us in bits allowing us ample opportunity to think about what's going on, to start asking questions to ourselves, without making the show boring or dull. Dialogue is the most element and the show gave us plenty of breathing moments between them to allow us to digest everything and more importantly not get sick and tired of the pacing. Yes, it can be slower at some points, but that's inevitable for dramas. Being a slower paced show does not make it dull as long as it's not tiring to watch. The little bits and pieces of the story all acme together at the perfect time. In other words, the pacing was great in this episode. I have a lot of troubles sitting through dramas sometimes because either it feels rushed and you don't get a chance to develop a connection with the characters or it gets dragged on to oblivion and I can't help but do something else on my second monitor. Good signs so far.

A surprising thought came to me as the episode ended. Again, there is a little scene of all the friends in their adulthood going to visit Kakeru's grave. As the scene went by I realized something. My initial thoughts in my episode 1 writeup was that future Naho was writing the letter to attempt to change the future. But, it came to me that what if that's not the central point of this show? The words "regret" keep popping up in the dialogue and a few questions hit me. Kakeru's death may be unavoidable, they say fate can't be changed. Now, future Naho keeps telling younger Naho that she has a lot of regrets yet the future scenes at the end of the two episodes seems to depict all the characters in a rather happy mood. Maybe I'm reading too much into this or maybe they've already grieved enough to let go of those feelings but I think the scenes at the end are actually showing the future group in the timeline where there are no, or at least, fewer regrets since younger Naho already messed up with the first warning. This completely changes the tone of the show for me. Instead of it being an anime about changing the future through your actions, it takes on a more realistic approach in living life without regrets. Being able to live life without regrets is something that I think every person should strive for. There's nothing worse than thinking "what could I have done, what should I have done, if I did this would things be different?" for the rest of your life. No matter how many times you say sorry you'll never get over that feeling of regret so it's important to cherish the special moments in your life and do whatever you can to live life to the fullest and in Orange's case, to give yourself a memory to treasure.

That is just my mind going wild and speculating a whole bunch. I have no idea what to expect still and my excitement has yet to die down. Rarely do I put so much thought into an anime, this is an unfamiliar territory for me and I can't wait wait to see how it all ends. The story of living life without regrets would be very refreshing to experience but even if the show doesn't go down that route I am positive I'll still enjoy it.

I loved the use of the mother-like figure reference for Naho. Something that was jokingly said early in the episode turned out to have a deeper meaning by the end. of it. I'll be honest, I was expecting it, it was pretty obvious. Still, the power of those words managed to leave an impact even though it was predictable and rather cliche.

Moving on, the soundtrack has yet to leave it's mark on me. Maybe it's because I'm into the more powerful orchestral pieces like in Madoka Magica Rebellion but there have been plenty of shows that have 1 or 2 tracks that leave an impression on me. So far, that's not the case. It's not a bad thing though, a good soundtrack captures the viewer whereas a mediocre one will just fly by. Nowadays there aren't really any "bad" soundtracks.

To close up, Orange has met my expectations so far with flying colors and I can't wait to continue this story.

Well she seemed happier than before and he is not still saved,but I wonder about the timeline,if you ever learn something in time traveling is do not Fuck The Timeline,I hope none of them take his place
Jul 10, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2014
dragonofmars said:
it's a good show. pretty much every1 is likable & the Mirai Nikki plot makes it more interesting than an average shoujo school life.

2nd best show this season for me, after 91 days.

for me it just become the best after ReLife
Jul 10, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2010
Man I'm gonna cry like a baby if the outcome of Kakeru's fate is going to be the same at the end! Just the ED by itself makes me emotional T_T .
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jul 10, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
Kakeru is too good for this world, but damn Naho, save that precious soul!
Jul 10, 2016 1:00 PM
Sep 2012
Naho is quite annoying. She got a letter from the future and, apparently, decided not to read it all... and even after reading about Kakeru not being there in ten years, she still didn't finishing reading?!? But I guess she was busy... not giving him a lunch like some kinda wet blanket.
Jul 10, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Animation was kind of awkward and derpy, I couldn't truly enjoy this episode.
Jul 10, 2016 1:14 PM
Mar 2016
I love the subtle romance that was built up in this episode. Hearing Kakeru say that his mom committed suicide was sad- I liked the way the manga did it better tho. Naho definitely did something that her future self couldn't do... I look forward to more of Kakeru smiling. Save that precious smile, Naho. Good job on music and art was overall solid. Love the ed. That's all I have to say.
Jul 10, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2016
Great episode. Really enjoying this. Love the OP and ED as well :D
Was shocked to hear about his mother. Did not expect that :O
Will be interesting to see how they save Kakeru. Been hooked with this show since the first minute of the premiere xD
Exciting stuff :D

Jul 10, 2016 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
SylverClaw said:
Naho is quite annoying. She got a letter from the future and, apparently, decided not to read it all... and even after reading about Kakeru not being there in ten years, she still didn't finishing reading?!? But I guess she was busy... not giving him a lunch like some kinda wet blanket.

when you put it like that, she does sound pretty terrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 1:35 PM

Aug 2015
Perfect adaptation i'd say! I hope they can keep up the good work.

Also, I don't really understand why this show has less than an 8.00 score smh
Jul 10, 2016 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
The reaction to him mentioning why he was absent from school was actually handled pretty realistically, rather than taking it in a direction where they both break down and cry or something, they just wait in silence with pained looks on their faces. Pretty excited to see how this series plays out.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

247 by venbals »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

223 by venbals »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 25, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.