Forum Settings
Forums
Fort of Apocalypse
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 4:17 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like a more calm extra ending than I had expected. It would of been better if we found out more about the other main cast though.

The future is in their hands~
Jul 7, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
I'm going to be re-reading this manga. But here are some questions i have:
How/Where did all the people come from?
What happened to all the prisoners?
Do prisoners really allow people to live normally when they are still in prison?
And finally, as i asked before What happened to the 2 (i think) police officers? I doubt they would be alive if the prisoners found them, but they can't hide forever.
And are they planning on curing the zombies? Is that why they are keeping them there(or are they simply there?)? But if that's true aren't they long past dead as they lost a lot of blood and stuff?

Well i'll check if these questions can be answered with a re-read.

Okay, i re-read the manga but still didn't find the answer to anything. I'm an idiot so if someone could explain if these questions are answered in manga, do tell!!
And are there 3 or 2 more chapters left? Or did the series actually end?
ZenairaJul 8, 2016 1:26 AM
Jul 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Umm??? That's it?!

No backstory for Yoshioka?! How he get to prison?

Damn... this was very rushed and anti-climatic. I know there's still 3 more chapters so I hope it gives a bit more justice.

Jul 28, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah, the was an amazing manga!
Holy shit! I wouldn't like to see zombies on my way to school, lol.

Beautiful ending.

9/10
Oct 21, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
DarklordVor said:
Umm??? That's it?!

No backstory for Yoshioka?! How he get to prison?

Damn... this was very rushed and anti-climatic. I know there's still 3 more chapters so I hope it gives a bit more justice.
He explains he used to car jack and get chased by cops so I strongly feel that's your explanation.
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Nov 14, 2016 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
That bitch took all the credit in the end.

It was really nice, although I think they could have taken a couple more chapters to decently explain how everything went. Overall 8/10 for me.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2017 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
There are still many things left unanswered.
Mar 19, 2017 9:02 AM
Mar 2017
If there's an extra chap about what happened to 2secs. future guy and her "daughter" and Rikkun.
The story is too short. Its only around their place.
Jul 29, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
Would've enjoyed this more if things were more fleshed out.
Aug 22, 2017 3:58 AM

Mar 2016
Oh ok so this is the ending. It's quite cool, but it could have been a longer series.
Aug 23, 2017 8:39 PM

Jul 2016
i'm just glad that maeda and iwakura are still buds after all this time.
because of that one time where maeda dreamed that they were all friends in high school, i wish we got an alternate ending like that... man, great friendships. i miss mitsuru.
Mar 11, 2018 10:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Maeda and Iwakuru ended together in a new world order!!!
Well, happy end for this manga!!!
Mar 17, 2018 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
Too bad it seems as if the series got axed/rushed. Other comments mentioning how the author had to finish up quickly, which explains why the ending was too rushed. Definitely too many unanswered questions. While the characters were good IMO, just a lot of the story made almost no sense. Maeda gets an indefinite sentence while everyone gets 3 years or less? Pretty sure their crimes were just as bad (murder). Maeda's backstory was pretty tragic but useless to the overall theme of the story.

The death count was cool until it didn't really matter anymore as the gang went to save the rest of the world. Obviously we don't get any ending on the Bald guy and Daisy, or Rikkun. The ending could have been fleshed out, but sadly it had to end like this. 8/10 since at least this story kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the story. Definitely one of the better apocalypse stories out there aside from plot holes.
Nov 8, 2018 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
Well, stuff sure escalated fast...
Past chapter 25 or so it started to make huge rushes of dumping information on us while leaving plot holes behind at an astonishing pace.

It's a manga which had the potential to be good, but ended up being rushed(and probably axed, but you never know, maybe author just got tired of it or had no sense of direction and decided to just close it up real fast)

It wasn't that bad, although the exact same concept(almost a 1:1 copy) is something I saw before in older manga series as well, so it ain't that unique.

Wasn't bad per se and made an enjoyable experience. No excess gore/nudity, and at moments it even lacked them when it was truly needed, but I guess it was to keep it 'shounen' instead of seinen.

A 'good' ending for the hero band and a so so ending for us readers.

Overall 7/10 and that's probably being generous.
Mar 14, 2019 12:17 PM
Jul 2015
it looks like it was forced to end for whatever reason (Even though it was literally the best series in it's magazine in terms of ratings), but i still really enjoyed the series. Don't understand why this series doesn't have a higher rating on the site b/c overall it was pretty good. I especially think some of the character designs were done well

easily 8/10 for me

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the series was axed due to the magazines circulation dropping from 300,000 to 10,000 overtime... so the magazine this was running in was cut and thus this great series was forced to end :/
Stone76Mar 14, 2019 12:22 PM

Aug 8, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2015
There was some questions left unanswered. A bit of an open to interpretation type ending. Seems like the mangaka just didn't get enough time to flesh everything out completely, but it was still an enjoyable read that kept me engaged the whole way through. Overall I'm satisfied enough to close the books on a positive note. I'd give it an 8/10. Definitely a manga I'd reread someday.
Jun 15, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
I just wanted the full backstory of the long haired and the bald guy before this finished.... Uhgggg.....

Jun 2, 2021 3:40 AM

May 2020
Pretty good zombie story for what its worth. Cliche but enjoyable. Personally, I didn't really think the ending was rushed. We could've used more information but hey, it is what it is.

Also did the artist for this work on Bleach at any time ? The character designs are just soooo similar sometimes.

7/10.
Nov 26, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2020
Feel like there should've been few more chapters, but well that was all we had.

Also seems like there world is in peace now, all thanks to our main crew.
Oct 30, 2023 10:17 PM
Aug 2022
Lol, Iwakura and the main guy are clearly in a relationship

More topics from this board

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 49 Discussion

RedR10t - Apr 11, 2016

6 by linkmax1412 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:18 AM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 25 Discussion

only4anime - Oct 26, 2013

11 by linkmax1412 »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:38 PM

» This edgelord mangaka duo has a pretty good track record

Crixxus21 - Mar 24, 2023

0 by Crixxus21 »»
Mar 24, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 13 Discussion

Zhou - May 4, 2013

8 by peen_apple »»
Mar 18, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2015

18 by FuMomo-kun »»
Jan 31, 2023 11:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.