Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2016 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm interesting first episode, not too much happen but i can see this becoming a reality powerful drama later on. I have high hopes for this one ^^
Jul 3, 2016 4:04 PM
Mar 2016
Not bad at all............................................
Jul 3, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2016
yonaaofthedawn said:
I already love this anime!
kinda reminds me of Ao Haru Ride tho..
and I think the opening is kinda annoying because 8mm autistic and can't handle things that move too fastly..
also they gave me too little time to read all these letters, so I had to pause the anime like all the time.
I really love the art, characters and plot.
I actually thought Ao Haru Ride too, but really because of the character designs. I think Orange will tuen out to be less vanilla.
Jul 3, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
What I'm gathering from this forum is I should probably read the manga. I might do that, because I think this has a lot going for it but I don't know the first episode never really came together for me. It had really pretty scenery, and I do like the character designs though.

My biggest complaints, to start with I really don't like montages that are just stills of the characters having a good time. That's just immediate points off, it's lazy you can do better to show these people are friends and enjoy each other's company. Second the random two week time jump was really jarring, and showed early signs of adaption stretch marks. Last I just feel like I've seen so many stories like this already.

I'm going to stick with it, not much else worth watching this season so far, but part of me is like well it's a good thing you revealed dude man is going to die because I already could have guessed that. I also just feel like the main gimmick this series tries to distinguish itself with, the letters from the future is really sloppy at least in the anime and not as interesting as it wants it to be. The ending was way to abrupt as well.

Like I said there were a few things I really liked in this first episode. I thought the big scene of the episode with the softball game was actually really well done, and showing some real points of intelligence about the nature of taking chances and regret. I plan to keep watching it, but I just hope the series as a whole is a lot better than this first episode was.
Jul 3, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2014
I cant find any sci-fi besides that letter from the future which intrigues me
I didnt read the manga

possible parallel world because if Naho in the past did the diary sent from her future self
then Ep.1 future time will change if its not parallel or different timeline

Theme of the anime " Naho's Regrets "
Jul 3, 2016 6:11 PM

Jul 2010
I found myself trying to give a fuck about these characters but really none of them was likable to me of the group and least so the MC and I know this is only episode 1 but still.... though the animation and ost was quite nice but that's really the only thing I enjoyed about this, doesn't seem all that special with time manipulation stuff you have seen a billion times before.
Jul 3, 2016 6:16 PM

Oct 2011
Omg preparing for the feels😢
Jul 3, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
I'm actually grateful to hear KanaHana for once again. She just randomly disappeared for a while.

The episode itself was pretty boring though.
Jul 3, 2016 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
Great first episode that raised a lot of questions.
Jul 3, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
First episode was very well done and adapted for the most part
Can't wait to see more
Jul 3, 2016 7:44 PM

May 2015
JkayW said:
Kittens-kun said:

How about you shut up with your bs.

>SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME! WAHHH WAHH WAHHH WAHH.

Shut up. I'm not faking how I think. It's all potential and no substance in episode one. All anyone has said about the episode is the potential it has, not what it brought. Your not a gypsy. Judge what's there, not what isn't.

You sourcefags make me sick.

You watch anime just to shit on it in the forums. Get a life.

Jul 3, 2016 7:44 PM

Oct 2013
The premise is very interesting! I like the pacing and the presentation of this episode. Something about the atmosphere and music reminded me of Doukyuusei.

I haven't read the manga yet, so I don't have anything to compare it too or any real expectations. There's a lot I like here, with the characters and atmosphere and premise. I hope there are good things to come. 4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Jul 3, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2015
I've read the manga and I still prefer the manga over the anime. But, I being biased as of right now, we're just at the first episode. LOL. But, the episodes atmosphere felt like "Orange", if you know what I mean? Animation wasn't fluid in some parts and there was some still frames at it too. The character designs however, I'm a bit disappointed with. I prefer the manga version over the anime adaption, they just look odd looking. But regardless, the animation was beautiful especially when it come to scenery. But regardless, I feel sorry for Suwa for I have read the manga. You'll see why, and it's conflicting. Regardless, the OP and the ED match the tone of the anime, perfect song choices. I just hope we expect another great 11 episodes!
_LorDNiCo_Jul 3, 2016 8:02 PM
Jul 3, 2016 8:04 PM

Oct 2008
It's aiight. I didn't like Naho until she stepped up to the plate at the game. Since she did, I'll keep watching. XD
Jul 3, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
clicked on the manga page found out i had plan on reading this at some point lol.

without the letter stuff i was wondering if this would just be a another shoujo looks like it's a big set up for the feels train.

visuals are great and the backgrounds are stunning something about the character designs are off pointing it's mainly the teeth
Jul 3, 2016 9:50 PM
Mar 2016
Coming here after reading the manga. The anime felt natural and wasn't too forced. Liked that the studio kept the materials the same... Hope they can keep it up! Great work. My only complaint (not really) is the overall facial features of the characters. I think it looked kinda offish, like in a non-cutesy way. Naho had an excellent seiyuu and same goes for Kakeru... Can't wait for next time. Early release is a no problem for me. :)
Jul 3, 2016 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
Dont get why shes making her past self fall in love with that black haired guy when shes married to brown haired guy in the future. Is she trying to cuck him?
Jul 3, 2016 10:18 PM
Jul 2015
As someone who was not aware at all of the source material, I'm very excited to see how this story unfolds! The ending of this episode took me by complete surprise, I get the feeling it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster from now on! Also the art I thought was gorgeous and I really like the opening
Jul 3, 2016 10:31 PM

Mar 2016
This is the first anime I've watched that I'd finished the manga before so I'm kinda excited to see how it goes. The OP and ED are brilliant.
Can't wait to go through all that emotional pain again :)

Jul 3, 2016 10:53 PM

May 2010
Ohmygod, I knew it was coming, but woah I just can't believe Orange has a Anime now! :OO
Feels like 300 years ago when I first picked up this gem of a manga.
Haven't read the start of the manga in forever, but first episode was great, and so glad they ended the ep with that shocking cliffhanger... Please stay true to the manga as much as possible! *crosses fingers* <3333333
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 3, 2016 10:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
NaturalPerm said:
Pretty good start. I don't like the weird quick cuts though. Makes scenes feel hectic even though they are just standing there talking.

letfelicityfly said:
I totally loved it <3 but, is it just me or the animation/pacing/art/production seems kinda off? I don't know what it is, but there's something that makes the anime seem weird in visual terms.

Yeah, basically what NaturalPerm said. I also thought the cuts felt off and were a bit disorienting, but no one else seemed to have mentioned it. But others did mention the stills, and there were enough of them for me to really notice them, whereas if you use them wisely then it's not as noticeable. So far, some of the directing choices don't sit well with me. I think there was also a really weird set of cut-ins that should've just been a zoom in... hopefully I won't be noticing the directing in a bad way in future episodes, since it really disengaged me from the episode.

But I'm glad that other people are enjoying it so far and have their own theories about what's going on or what will happen. I remember how much the first chapter hooked me in when the manga first began serializing. At least anime-watchers don't have to go through the pain of waiting for a hiatus to be over :> I liked the OP too, although the ED showed that the anime might be lacking in budget (the stills are a sign of that as well).
Jul 3, 2016 11:07 PM
Sep 2014
what a piece of shit.I knew this was going to be Erased 2.0,and it lives up to those shit expectations. All we need now is Naho to cuck someone and KEKeru to give a wink
Jul 3, 2016 11:08 PM
Aug 2014
garbage. all i need to say u ntr cucks.
Jul 3, 2016 11:42 PM

Apr 2015
Kittens-kun said:
JkayW said:

Shut up. I'm not faking how I think. It's all potential and no substance in episode one. All anyone has said about the episode is the potential it has, not what it brought. Your not a gypsy. Judge what's there, not what isn't.

You watch anime just to shit on it in the forums. Get a life.

No, I give my opinion. It doesn't matter if that opinion is negative or positive, I will give it regardless of what people like you will think of me.

Stop stereotyping me just because I didn't like your shoujo.

Alne said:
JkayW said:

damn the bait here is strong

Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean it's bait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2016
Liked the first episode, I really wan to know whats going to happen next.
I've got so many questions.
Hope this anime will turn out good.
Jul 4, 2016 1:02 AM
May 2016
I have this feeling that this anime is going to give some major feels. I could be wrong though. REALLY liked the atmosphere the anime gave off. The soundtrack was also pretty decent as well.
Jul 4, 2016 2:15 AM

Nov 2013
A slow start but satisfying anime is better than a great start but lame in the middle to the end so you can't judge by only the first episode.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 4, 2016 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Based on the premise, I've been really looking forward to this anime!

Based on the first episode, I have mixed feelings. I agree that the backgrounds look great, but I'm not a huge fan of the art style for the characters. That doesn't bother me all that much though, but what I do have concerns about is just that all of the characters feel kind of flat and dull. When they were talking about that one girl's nickname and stuff, the characters all laughed but I didn't find it funny. The characters talk to each other and interact but I don't really feel involved. Maybe it's me, but I feel like the characters in this episode did a lot of talking but didn't actually really say anything. I'm all for slow starts, but that's only when I can tell that it's REALLY developing something cool for later, like Durarara and Steins;Gate each have very little actually happening at first as far as the plot goes, but you can tell right away that what the characters are saying and doing is important, and then when you re-watch the series you get this sense of constant satisfaction by every line of dialogue because you know how it all fits together. I'm really wondering if that will be the case with Orange, or if the things being said really are relatively meaningless.

But, I'm still hanging on for a while yet. I didn't get a good sense for any of the personalities of the characters, but maybe this episode was just to establish the premise and show that there ARE characters, and they'll be developed later or something. The things that I can't let go of so easily are the MC's frustrating indecisiveness and the jarring OST, especially during that random montage with the weird country-esque music playing. Those things actually kind of bothered me, honestly.

I guess I hope that they can either actually get me interested in the characters, or at least not try to put too many "feels" into the show by the end if the characters aren't developed too much. I'm getting a lot of vibes from this first episode that remind me of certain other anime that had a lot of drama but not a whole lot of reason for me to care about it, like Anohana and Your Lie in April. Staying optimistic though!
Jul 4, 2016 3:33 AM
Mar 2016
the first episode was really deep. they spilled most of the 'secrets' one after another. like, almost quarter of the supposed things happening are done in episode 1. aw gosh, i really dont want naho to end up with suwa. KAKERU, YOU MUST LIVE IN THE END AND CHANGE DA FUTURE....!!!!!! ;------------; also, whoever reads this have something like "oh you nasty bitch, you dont get your ships happening in reality animes. dont get too worked up for something so stupid." running through your mind, i would like to deliver a nice and heartwarming "fck you" :) i mean. suwa became a mere substitute for kakeru.-. i'll be honest and not say shyt like "i think of suwa as a great character and i dont want to see him being a mere substitute" or something alike. i mean, this is only episode one. and the star of the episode were naho and kakeru. suwa was a pretty minor character in this episode and from those little screen time suwa had, i cant tell whether i'll like him or not. but i DO know, that i would hate suwa to be naho's husband. period.
Jul 4, 2016 3:59 AM

Jun 2013
I'm pretty heartless except when it comes to animals, little kids/babies, elderly people and people with disabilities so I think I can handle the manga. I'm going to read it and hopefully not end up using my toilet paper supply to wipe away my tears and snot. I'll just use a washable towel that way I don't have to use tissue or toilet paper... I rarely buy tissue anyway.

The first episode was slow-paced but I liked it. The OP song is trash but I like the ED more. I wouldn't put it in my mixtape though.

Is that her baby at the end? So cute.
臭い-
Jul 4, 2016 5:01 AM

Mar 2013
I wasn't planning to watch this at first, I'm so fed up with romance dramas... But a few friends convinced me so I watched this first episode.
As I expected, the atmosphere felt heavy to me... Like I said in my twitter account, inmediately made me sad for no reason. Nonetheless, it was still good. The backgrounds are gorgeous, as well the ending song. I want to know more about the characters so I can give a proper opinion about them.
Jul 4, 2016 5:15 AM

Dec 2014
I Still PREFER manga version, there is something out of place, maybe with the Next episodes That strange feeling will end.
The voices are Amazing and I Like That pastel style.
The manga itself is Well made, so I Have high expectations for The anime adaptation
Jul 4, 2016 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
Vacu0us said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought it was going to be a lot more enjoyable than what it has turned out to be. Can't really say I like this adaption from what I've seen so far in the first episode but it has plenty of time to redeem itself. Although the OP and ED were quite nice!

It was good to see Kakeru smile and the whole group together.

wtf is with that faces... so bland and boring compared to the manga...
Jul 4, 2016 5:50 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I liked it.

I have no experience with the manga, but I found the character design - particularly Naho's - to be kind of strange and uncanny at times. It felt like they tried to really give her a human-ish face but keeping the big anime eyes and it was...weird to look at. That being said, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso also had weird and offputting character designs at times to me and I ended up giving it a 10/10.

The premise is interesting, to say the least - I like the whole concept behind the letters and how it's Naho writing herself from the future in order to correct the mistakes of the past. It genuinely left me wanting to know why Kakeru missed school for a while and how going with the rest of them affected that, and I want to know how the Naho from 10 years in the future is writing the Naho from 10 years in the past as well, so I hope both of those things are touched on more.

I wasn't particularly fond of the OP or the ED tbh, or the soundtrack in general. That's pretty important to me - good music can really take something to the next level, but this music was pretty meh and forgettable. I think the whole anime could benefit from having more of a focus on a soundtrack as support for the story it's telling.

So, I liked it. It's not something I'm going to get super excited about, but I'll be tuning in next week for sure.

Jul 4, 2016 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
Here come the hordes of manga reader lords to criticize how they made and how they should have made the anime... it's always the same.

Loved the art of the background and the characters and love where this is going.
Jul 4, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
Aww, how cute, everything is predetermined and you don't have to make a hard decision, you don't have to experience fear, you don't have to carry that weight anymore since it looks like there's always a backup plan even if you fail at doing what you are told to do. Well I guess technically it's still "Yourself" making those life-altering decisions. So insightful. Bland escapism at its best.
Jul 4, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2016
animefan8800 said:
Anime-only watcher here, it was pretty good. Of bread-fueled montages and softball homers. XD So the plot is to save Kakeru, her first love. Interesting, but if she succeeds and they end up together I'm assuming Future Suwa will get the shaft big time? Unless that child wasn't theirs together or something. An inherent problem for a series like this as I'll feel bad for him then. Already kinda do knowing he couldn't make her happy enough to get over Kakeru's death. I'll be interested to see if that thought will continue to annoy me throughout or if the show gets past it. Well either way not bad so far.

Same here that almost ruined it for me. She's sent herself messages back in time so she wouldn't end up with her current love/husband father of her child???

Pretty sad for Suwa.

Depending on the next epsiode I might be putting this one hold till it's complete and trying it again.

natsu791 said:
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/

So far, ReLife is a great series. Binged through that in a day. Really well put together.
Jul 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
I haven't read the manga so I have no references to the anime. I did like what I did see. This could be the feels anime this season.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 4, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Almost feels like a mix of Ano Hana and Clannad. Well, you know there's just going to be lots of feels in this anime.. I think the best part is everyone just acted naturally like a real person, not some angsty teenagers ala Shigatsu (which ultimately led to forced drama and flat emotional moments)

The background is beautiful as I'm a fan of this type of art style. This could easily be a movie I suppose since I'm not sure how far they can stretch a "follow the letter" story in one cour. Hopefully there'd be twists and turns to make things interesting enough to keep up for the entire season.
Jul 4, 2016 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
Interesting concept with the letters from the future. Wonder how this story will unfold later in the series. Though I have to admit the adaptation is kinda bland and the animation is kind of mediocre. Everyone's smile is animated horribly, it looks like they all force themselves to smile for a picture and apparently every person has large canine teeth. Another thing that annoys me is when they were walking home. I understand they are walking near a road, but do we need to hear car engines for 3 minutes in the background? Kinda annoying considering I only use headphones.

Anyways, decent introduction to the show, hopefully the next few episodes aren't as bland. Excited to be smashed by the feels and drama that surrounded the manga. Can't wait.

Jul 4, 2016 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
I can sense the potential this story has. But god, most scenes felt so awkward.
Jul 4, 2016 8:30 AM
Jun 2016
finally got a time to watch this first episode!
really love the animation and.. I'm so glad that Kakeru's voice is really good.
I always want to cry during the show since it's really beautiful..
Jul 4, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2016
Very interesting the idea of the anime. To receive a letter from future you to help fixing the mistakes made.. I looking forward to next episode!

Jul 4, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
This adaptation is looking good so far. I read the manga, so I'm looking forward to how they will adapt some scenes. The opening is not that good, it's okay I guess. I liked the ending song though, it fits perfectly with the story.
Anyway, I'm ready for the feels trip again! I think...

I'll give this episode a 4/5 It's well adapted so far, but the animation is nothing incredible and I didn't like the opening very much.
Jul 4, 2016 9:02 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was a pretty good start !
I like the art/animation and the OP/ED.

But wait...In the future, Is Naho with Suwa and has a kid with him or it's just that Suwa brought his kid with him ?
Because if its their kid thats fucked up to write a letter to past you to save Kakeru and rewrite a future with Kakeru and letting Suwa go fuck himself. Oo
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 4, 2016 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
So far, it does stand out from your typical shoujo show.

I found BGs to be more real. Perhaps, that was what giving me the cinematic experience here.

Also, Kakeru looks like Kou from Ao Haru Ride a lot.
Jul 4, 2016 9:14 AM

Feb 2013
Wow I feel like they adapted this very well.

The only possible problem I see (as far as my OWN enjoyment goes) is that it was WAY too recent that I read this....so like....there won't be anything that surprises me. But as far as an adaptation goes, they were spot on.
Jul 4, 2016 9:26 AM
Apr 2016
Simply fascinating!!
Jul 4, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2015

• First of all I haven't read the Manga but so far the story looks quite promising(I hope it is).
  • I do like the art and character design.
  • Narration is awesome.
  • Opening and Ending are also nice.
  • +1 watching
Jul 4, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
I got lots of feels I love the concept it's going to be a mixture of erased and Anohana
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.