Forum Settings
Forums

Which is the most annoying type of anime fan you hate to encounter in a discussion?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2016 2:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Probably the ones that refuse to listen to anyone else's opinion or reasoning and somehow think that makes them superior to you
Jun 30, 2016 2:04 AM

May 2016
OneTrueEmiya said:
Zilf said:
Oh dodging the question and attacked my name? how original.
And what if it is? are you going to summon your shitposters army and make fun of it?

I've sworn off alts lel. The only alt I see on MAL would be @Fai.
The guys was arguing in Re:Zero forum with coherent argument, he posted numberous of wall of text, even if he is an alt there no negative effect that i saw from that alt, but in your case. you created 2 alts, just for talking and spamming with yourself, I'm not even sure if i should question your mentality, but your goal did succeed, mod did locked that thread, you must have felt so satisfied with how your little game went so smoothly huh?
Jun 30, 2016 2:09 AM
Jul 2015
Illyricus said:
The ones who have shit taste are the worst by a mile. They make the elitist and the fujoshis looks like harmless seal pups in comparisson.

Isnt saying people having "shit taste" is something a Elitist would say? Now dont get me wrong I hate people who have a horrible taste. Specially if they have some shit like SAO or Mirai Nikki on 10s makes me tilt. But I recognize that sometimes I might take an elitistic perspective. But complaining about shit taste then about elitist. isnt that a big hypocritical?

sourav said:
The ones who instead of telling pros about their favorite anime put their effort in bashing anime which they think (but don't want to accept) are more popular or better.

In other words, the 'insecure fans'

Yeah I really hate people who can defend their favorite anime with solid arguements, most of them try to shittalk their way out.
Jun 30, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
Redshell said:
Illyricus said:
The ones who have shit taste are the worst by a mile. They make the elitist and the fujoshis looks like harmless seal pups in comparisson.

Isnt saying people having "shit taste" is something a Elitist would say? Now dont get me wrong I hate people who have a horrible taste. Specially if they have some shit like SAO or Mirai Nikki on 10s makes me tilt. But I recognize that sometimes I might take an elitistic perspective. But complaining about shit taste then about elitist. isnt that a big hypocritical?
I was just joking, mate. Don't take what I say seriously all the time.
Jun 30, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2015
Those persons who doesn't respect my opinions. Like if I tell someone i like the anime x he is like :"OMG dude, what's wrong with you, that's so gross, how can you watch it, I couldn't bear that shit"

Or the newbies. They watched 10 anime and "Don't know what to watch anymore"

Jun 30, 2016 2:31 AM

Jul 2015
The only ones I dislike are the fans that say that the quality of the anime lately is trash and only the old stuff are the ones worth watching.

Every season I'm hyped for watching new, promising anime, and the vast amount of genres to choose from thanks to the huge number of anime we get is what makes it so enjoyable, but oh boy, they will be like "This comedy SoL is shit and stuff like this are killing anime, you should be watching this serious and mature action anime from 19XX instead and not this moeshit"
Jun 30, 2016 4:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheMoonServant said:
well, I think the only anime fan I encountered a proper discussion with is @Mamster-P, but he definitely wasn't annoying... I dunno, I barely speak to people, so I guess you could say that I'd be the annoying type of anime fan, atleast I definitely used to be

Clear shots fired at me here lol

Anyway ppl who are always complaining that anime is ruined, or the Japanese arent catering to them
Jun 30, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2014
zal said:
I dislike op that post the thread, say discuss and then disappear.

Yeah I agree with this.
Good that you say dislike instead of hate.

Personally I dont like Try-hard fans, those who try really hard to look like critic,cool, or anything, most of them happen to be 16-18 years old.

I also dislike ignorant people who hate something because everyone is bashing it.

Also Sheep that keep repeating their words and refuse to admit the counter-posts of the other side.
Jun 30, 2016 5:17 AM

Oct 2014
Redshell said:
JustALEX said:
#1 People with shit tier waifus....I'm looking at you Sakura fans.

#2 "Ecchi is ruining anime" type

#3 "Lolicon = Pedophile" type

#4 "SAO/OPM is Sooo good, fuck u if you disagree!" Type

Oh Yeah definitely, Specially when its all of those together, For example people who tend to be around 20 anime watched, and start complaining about HOW ANIME IS DED because of Ecchi. Like nigga you have been around for like 1 month.

And ppl like them most likely use illegal streaming methods so they only ruin Anime.

And I will be like: KID IF YOU LIKE CERTAIN SHOWS THEN BUY THEM LEGALLY OR USE LEGAL STREAMING METHODS TO WATCH THEM
Jun 30, 2016 5:20 AM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
TheMoonServant said:
well, I think the only anime fan I encountered a proper discussion with is @Mamster-P, but he definitely wasn't annoying... I dunno, I barely speak to people, so I guess you could say that I'd be the annoying type of anime fan, atleast I definitely used to be

Anyway ppl who are always complaining that anime is ruined, or the Japanese arent catering to them

Well they can clearly shut up in this summer season.
Many different shows will be airing then.
Jun 30, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Those who try to prove why their wifu is the best and will absolutely do anything to bash you if you ever happen to disagree with them?
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jun 30, 2016 5:36 AM

Sep 2014
Uh oh...I think I see me in this thread alot XD

Stonewall elitists are annoying but there aren't so many of them here. Most mal "elitists" are the loveable 'ur taste is shit and here's a friendly joke and a decent conversation about why' type in my experience. People genuinely dismissing you because of taste is annoying but much rarer.
StarlitSentryJun 30, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 30, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
the fans named dimethylanime, they're truly the worst
Jun 30, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
I personally I hate automatic fans. I love hand-drawn, hand-crafted and hand-operated fans.
Jun 30, 2016 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
jaesuk97 said:
I personally I hate automatic fans. I love hand-drawn, hand-crafted and hand-operated fans.

No love for the synths ;-;
Anyhow, I dislike the fans that turn every debate into "anime is whitewashing", "anime isn't diverse bcuz Japan is xenophobic." "anime is sexist bcuz shounen"

I'm trying to have a anime debate here, take your pseudo-politics feminazi bullshit back to tumblr!
Jun 30, 2016 7:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Mamster-P said:

Nah man, 1/2 of em gon watch hybrid heart and complain that it's another generic battle harem
Jun 30, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
TiaDee said:

I'm trying to have a anime debate here, take your pseudo-politics feminazi bullshit back to tumblr!

T-That's sexist... Take that back, you pig >:0
Jun 30, 2016 7:50 AM
Apr 2016
There are lots of anime fans that I hate, but I have to go with elitists that hate everything modern and mainstream and hardly watch anything made after 2000. Oh, and anyone who hates you just because of your taste.
cherryblossom519Jun 30, 2016 7:53 AM
Jun 30, 2016 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
TiaDee said:

Sweet, innocent Emiya, don't you know girls can never be sexist?
And on that note: how dare ya?! u fat shaming patriarchal brainwashed toad, prepare to get reckt because I'm always right! and I've got my ceritfied pseudo-politics feminazi diploma to prove it.
Jun 30, 2016 7:59 AM

Mar 2015
TiaDee said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Sweet, innocent Emiya, don't you know girls can never be sexist?
And on that note: how dare ya?! u fat shaming patriarchal brainwashed toad, prepare to get reckt because I'm always right! and I've got my ceritfied pseudo-politics feminazi diploma to prove it.

Where's my gender equality, where's my hero Kazuma?
Jun 30, 2016 8:10 AM

May 2016
People I hate the most are the ones who take your words out of proportion and and always replies in a super agressive manner, like he have a long grudge against me even tho we just met in a thread...

Ex:
HyperL: Ok man, this discussion had already gone long enough, we arent reaching a conclusion so is time to stop...

Agressive guy: Oh, so now you want to stop cuz you know you losing this discussion by a mile, not that this is a surprise cuz you didn't answered to any of my point (me: even tho I did), so stop being a fanboy (me: fanboy? I'm only presenting my thoughts, not being unreasonable) and go watch better stuff than this weeb trash, you weeaboo. (Me:...WUT?)

Seriously, the moment I realize someone is this kind of people, I'll end the discussion as fast as possible cuz there's just no reasoning with them...
HyperLJun 30, 2016 10:04 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 30, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2015
All of them. But I don't just hate all anime fans, I hate everyone everywhere.

But I hate the people who won't shut up how they think harem and echhi suck. I like it.

Jun 30, 2016 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
Elitists, people who would argue and resort to negativity rather than a civil discussion about an anime topic, those who will never take your arguments in a decent direction even when you explain yoursef and resort to acting like an asshole towards you, hate posters, trolls, people who randomly call you a weaboo just because they don't agree or like what you said, and anyone who gets overly offended by differing opinions, valid criticism, or decent discussion.

I'm pretty sure that everyone on this thread has encountered at least a few of those irritable people.
CodeBlazeFateJun 30, 2016 10:05 AM
Jun 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
HyperL said:
People I hate the most are the ones who take your words out of proportion and and always replies in a super agressive manner, like he have a long grudge against me even tho we just met in a thread...

Ex:
HyperL: Ok man, this discussion had already gone long enough, we arent reaching a conclusion so is time to stop...

Agressive guy: Oh, so now you want to stop cuz you know you losing this discussion by a mile, not that this is a surprise cuz you didn't responder to any of my point (me:even tho I did), so stop being a fanboy(me: fanboy? I'm only presenting my thoughts, not being unreasonable) and go watch better stuff than this weeb trash, you weeaboo. (Me:...WUT?)

Seriously, the moment I realize someone is this kind of people, I'll end the discussion as fast as possible cuz there's just no reasoning with them...

(Sigh) I know how you feel. Many people on this tread do. It's just a pain that some people won't even try to reason well, and act aggressively or condescendingly towards your statements rather that simply discussing with you on what you said. I can't stand people like them.
Jun 30, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
Diehard fanboys are the worst. Especailly overrated ones like DBZ. If you dare to criticize their favorite anime you will get lynched.

Also "I hate SAO and School Days because... ehhh.... Everyone else does?"

Jun 30, 2016 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Die-hard ecchi fans.

They're always afraid the government is gonna take away their oppai, or something. They can get real irrational, real fast.
Jun 30, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
-Lolicons
-TAS fans
-Elitists
-CherryLover

Z-Dante said:
BRB-kun said:
Fujoshis. They're only good at fanart.

Fujishi:
Pros : Are great artist.
Cons: Only draws gay men!
>:)

At discussions, not so much
*cough* summoning comic sans *cough*

I've rarely ever seen a discussion Comic_Sans was actually good at.
Jun 30, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
JustALEX said:
#1 People with shit tier waifus....I'm looking at you Sakura fans.

#2 "Ecchi is ruining anime" type

#3 "Lolicon = Pedophile" type

#4 "SAO/OPM is Sooo good, fuck u if you disagree!" Type

Nothing's worse than a guy with a shit waifu. I can testify to that at least.

@OP
People whose tastes are the opposite of mine. How dare they have such shit taste!
Jun 30, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
-Studio fanboys... people who will call anything made by a particular studio a masterpiece for no reason other than being made by it. If they like it for any other reason that's fine, but only liking it for the studio is retarded.

-Elitists who generalize, e.g. if you don't like this anime I consider deep for undefined reasons, go back to watching poorly-written shounens.

-People who get so salty at others for having different opinions that they derail discussion threads solely to argue with them (rather than using PMs or commenting on their profiles), and resort to using ad hominems and insults rather than take the discussion in a decent direction. They also fail to use the report button if they think the other user is a troll, and prefer to harass them.

-People who are such fanboys of something that they call anyone who dislikes it trolls and negative reviews as bait, as well as the reverse (haters calling fans trolls and positive reviews as bait).

-Dubs vs subs arguments.

-People who are elitist over the amount of anime they've seen.
D-ohnutsJun 30, 2016 3:00 PM
Jun 30, 2016 12:54 PM

Apr 2016
"_______ is ruining anime!"
Those type of people piss me off alot.
I won't even try to go into detail.
currently in a state of denial
Jun 30, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
Bourmegar said:

Nah man, 1/2 of em gon watch hybrid heart and complain that it's another generic battle harem

Nah they are most likely more busy with Watching Mob Psycho 100, Berserk, Rewrite, Orange, Danganronpa, D-Gray man Hallow, 91 Days, Tales of zestria, Relife and Food wars 2. while I also will be watching Amanchu, Sweetness and lightning, Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Heck Maybe Hybrid heart will be good, we cannot judge a show until it is released.
Besides, Food wars has lots of Fanservice to and no one complains about that show.
Jun 30, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
The ones with the hypocrite and one-dimensional mindset.

-Mastergold
Jun 30, 2016 3:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Mamster-P said:

Nah they are most likely more busy with Watching Mob Psycho 100, Berserk, Rewrite, Orange, Danganronpa, D-Gray man Hallow, 91 Days, Tales of zestria, Relife and Food wars 2. while I also will be watching Amanchu, Sweetness and lightning, Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Heck Maybe Hybrid heart will be good, we cannot judge a show until it is released.
Besides, Food wars has lots of Fanservice to and no one complains about that show.

oh trust me, there will be those kinds of people trying out HxH.... you know, like the ones who always like to complain about ecchi yet are secretly fapping to it..... i mean, watching those oriented shows

watch them go off the instant a pair of tits appears in one of the shows you named, as if thats not gonna happen
Jun 30, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
The ones who think other peoples' tastes or opinions are stupid or shit.
Jun 30, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2015
Eva fans are really the worst
what are you waiting for someone who can relate to a pussy mc like shinji anyway
not to forget nostalgia fags who think old anime are better just because they are old
tragedydesuJun 30, 2016 4:13 PM
Jun 30, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2015
arrogant and judgy I guess, might be annoying but I wouldn't say I hate them, I never talked to one before I just see them here and there and try to avoid any contact lol
Jun 30, 2016 4:50 PM
Jun 2016
1. Elitism

It's one thing to know that you have seen a lot more stuff than other viewers. Hell, I've only completed about 25 or so series, but when a person says, "I like X", and your response is "Omg. That's shit. Go die." or some garbage, all your doing is reinforcing the stereotypes that surround otaku when compared to a casual watcher.

Next time, try - "Oh, you liked this one? Try X. It's got some of the same themes, but much better blah blah."

2. Judgement by Affiliation.

Some studios make anime that aren't well received, but that doesn't mean they can't make something great. Vice versa.

3. That fan that thinks you can't enjoy anime if you aren't trying to be Japanese.

Seriously, I'm a 30 year old tax guy with a wife and 3 daughters. I spent 10 years in the service. I'm probably the last guy you would assume is a fan of anime. I immediately get askew glances at cons because I seriously don't fit the stereotypical mold.

I've had people get shitty with me for pronouncing the "u" on the end of "desu" at my first con. I have white as bread teenagers pretending like I can't truly enjoy the medium because I'm not smattering japanese phrases I got from a "how to speak japanese" book in wherever I can cram it.

I enjoy anime because it is my favorite medium. It takes mature stories, enjoyable by adults, combines skilled voice actors (I think. I don't speak japanese, and I only watch subs. All I can hear is emotion. But compared to american cartoons, it's a night and day.), and amazing visuals that tell a story a live action movie or american studio struggles with. I enjoy anime because some genres take whats considered taboo and makes a story out of it that relates to people. I enjoy it because I like it, not because I want to assimilate into a different culture.
Jun 30, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2016
people that want to cause arguments. its fine to have different opinions but no need to fight about it
Scream!
Jun 30, 2016 10:31 PM
Apr 2014
People who derail discussions with irrelevant bullshit ("You haven't seen enough anime to know what you're talking about!", "Elitist!", etc. ) are a pain in the ass.
Jul 1, 2016 1:05 AM
Dec 2015
The moral police. They aren't just in anime, but doujin, manga, and drama cd scenes too. They feel a constant need to remind people of the morality of sexuality in anime and how we should all be careful not to "get too caught up". Literally the biggest boner/throb killers ever.
Jul 1, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2014
Z-Dante said:
At discussions, not so much
*cough* summoning comic sans *cough*
You called?
AltoRoark said:
You mean, except for the countless times when I wrecked my opponent's shit?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 1, 2016 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
Jul 1, 2016 3:59 AM

Sep 2014
Anyone who says anything similar to

haha lol xD

you just know they're a whiny little cunt
Jul 1, 2016 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
l0li_m0e_ya0i said:
The moral police. They aren't just in anime, but doujin, manga, and drama cd scenes too. They feel a constant need to remind people of the morality of sexuality in anime and how we should all be careful not to "get too caught up". Literally the biggest boner/throb killers ever.

^ oh my god.

Moralfags are the worst and the reason why MAL ratings are a fucking joke.
Jul 1, 2016 6:04 AM

Oct 2015
Insecure people who are just looking for excuses to look down upon others or insult people.

This includes the dudebros who just wanna constantly show off how much cooler they are than other anime fans, even though they are also a loser who spends their time on an otaku interest forum (those people go straight to my ignore list).
LobindeJul 1, 2016 6:07 AM
Jul 1, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2015
Redshell said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
"This is good because it doesn't have fanservice in it"-type of fans.

They ruin the name of really good shows by praising them merely for being weird or not containing fanservice.

Oh yeah definitely, reminds me of people who use the term "Is good because is different" implying every new concept is good.

This is where I have to disagree. Being different isn't enough to make your show good, but it's always a good thing. It makes it stand out in the crowd, a bit more memorable.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 1, 2016 9:06 AM
May 2016
any butthole dbz fans like ForneverWorld. what fucking sellout
Jul 1, 2016 9:08 AM

Oct 2014
Those who get mad when they talk about the flaws of their favourite animu, and the close-minded ones.

flannan said:
and hope they will grow up as an anime fan eventually.

You do know that's called "becoming a conformist", and that conformism breeds stagnation, right?

And I'd rather grow as a person instead of enclosing myself in that label.

fNeL said:

The people that watches anime solely focuses on story rather than ENTERTAINMENT.

But fNeL! Good stories are entertaining! I mean I can enjoy trainwrecks as much as the next guy but they will never entertain me on the same level as good stories, y'know.
ThieveryJul 1, 2016 9:20 AM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jul 1, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:

AltoRoark said:
You mean, except for the countless times when I wrecked my opponent's shit?

Well, I suppose you were better than your competetor at those moments.

But hey, Sword Art Online is better than Mars of Destruction.
Jul 1, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark said:
Well, I suppose you were better than your competetor at those moments.
More like, 99 % of the time I engage in internet debates
But hey, Sword Art Online is better than Mars of Destruction.
I've never said it wasn't (as far as I can remember at least) so I have no idea what you are talking about
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

Dije - 2 hours ago

17 by Old_School_Akira »»
3 minutes ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - May 10

139 by PotatoAnimeBois »»
8 minutes ago

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime? ( 1 2 )

The-Wombat - May 14

50 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime girls you think are the epitome of purity.

TsutanaiFuun - May 15

39 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

52 by DesuMaiden »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.