Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2016 1:20 PM

Feb 2016
i dont know i just could not care for the characters , i also couldn't find that one character who would become my favourite ( i liked that face plam guy but he is too bland ) , i guess it was too short to get me hooked also slow ( the first 8 episodes were awful )
6/10 for now
We'll see if season 2 will change it .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 16, 2016 11:05 PM
Feb 2012
First off, I want to say that Boku no Hero Academia is definitely one of my top favorite animes in years. The song "You Say Run" that plays when Izuya reaches a tipping point just sends goosebumps through me. Last time I felt that revved up was when Ippo did his Dempsey Roll in Hajime no Ippo. I absolutely love All Might and Izuya's relationship, like a father-son, mentor-student, just a very sweet and gut-wrenching connection.

The biggest highlight of their relationship is Izuya's determination against all odds and will to fight through adversity with inspiration from All Might that "smashes" out those tear-jerking moments. We all can relate to moments where we are at our lowest point and if we are so lucky, get inspiration and meet a real hero who inspires us to never falter and move forward.

I appreciate the fact that the protagonist is not overpowered as of yet, he is still within limits of learning and growing through his "quirks" but realizes the urgency of his actions -- also that his hero will not always be there for him. I hope Izuya does not become a product of "godliness" like many shounen protagonists and remains the kid always fighting to reach his dream, at least... for a while longer.

Thank you Boku no Hero Academia for an awesome anime, I highly look froward to your next season.
Jul 17, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
PUMPED FOR THE 2ND SEASON
this whole arc i was wondering where the invisible girl went; if they forgot she was a character or nah
I'm glad they showed her for a few seconds at the end and the laser beam guy. i wonder where he went...
overall such a good anime. i was on the edge of my seat
9/10
Jul 21, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Decent final episode, not much to hate, but it got overshadowed by the awesomeness that was the previous episode.
Overall, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by this show. It seems like it has a ton of good ideas, it just failed at executing them correctly. Lots of places where the show just drags on and nothing really happens, and even the action scenes we did get failed to impress for the most part, with All Might's battle in episode 12 being the main exception.
For a series about a bunch of superheroes, I had expected more explosive battle scenes (like what we got in ep.12) and more acts of true heroism (like in ep.2). Instead, we got a whole bunch of standing around and a ton of meaningless dialogue. None of the characters, apart from All Might, were really interesting to watch, because all of their personalities were as shallow as a puddle of water.

Final score would be something between a 5 to 6, but because I feel generous, I'm willing to give it a 6. Not sure if I'll be watching the second season, though.
Jul 22, 2016 3:39 PM
Aug 2007
Ok, its a nice show. We've got the "unlucky" kid who has been given this uncontrollable super-power, we've got the rival who was born with an amazing power, we've got a supporting cast where everyone has some memorable traits, we've got the cast of good super heroes and the cast of villains, etc etc, it's got all the ingredients needed for the prototypical shonen.

So what makes it great? I don't actually know tbh... It isn't as amazing as the hype it gets, but I will say that it's one of the better shounens I've watched, even though it's really short, you can tell there's potential for an interesting story line.
Jul 23, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
Great finale . Really enjoyed the anime. Now on to 2nd season :)

8/10
Jul 25, 2016 7:36 PM
Jul 2011
Ending wasn't mindblowing but purposely made that way since 2nd Season was announced right at the end. An incredible foundation has been laid out. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Bakugo development has been interesting compared to the usual rival trope.
Curious where laser beam fabulous guy was up to.
Love that McCree like Hero showing up, totally a "It's High Noon" moment.
Also Dragon Ball Police Chief dog reference was nice.

A lot of predicable, typical shounen moments but this show proves with just simply solid execution it can still be entertaining.
Jul 27, 2016 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
It's one of those "It's only just the beginning" type of ending. And it really is just the beginning. I'm so pumped up for the second season.
Jul 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2016
I would've liked if the final episode ended with another fight rather than a bunch of slow mo shots. But other than that, great episode.

Now I'm really excited for Season 2!!
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 28, 2016 4:41 PM

Jun 2009
was planning to give 6
but after lame conclusion drop it to 5
Jul 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Jan 2015
WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO END NOW?!?!?!
GIVE ME THE 2ND SEASON!!!!

That was an AWESOME anime and conclusion to this season. Of course I'm reaaaaally hyped for the next one!
Aug 1, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
Jesus, I'll read the manga already!
This 13 episodes was just amazing.

9/10
nnnicolasAug 1, 2016 1:47 AM
Aug 3, 2016 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
2nd season confirmed ? i feel like the first season wasn't as exciting as i expected, such a let down, slow character development, why the heck everytime Midoriya uses his power he always broke his limbs that's werd af, i'm hoping he can control his power in the 2nd season it'd be interesting to watch.

Overall socre 7/10
Aug 4, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2014
Splendid adaptation, everything was perfect, if only the episode count could have been a wee bit more. They really couldn't show enough of Boku no Hero Academia's greatness.
9/10
Aug 5, 2016 6:05 AM

Jun 2016
finally a hero based on the man with no name :
Aug 8, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
Simply amazing. Nuff said.

One of the heroes costume reminded me of Mugendramon.

So does Thirteen become Ludens after this...or nah?

Can't wait to see more of Momo and Ochaco.

RobAug 9, 2016 1:55 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 14, 2016 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
Started off incredibly mediocre, got better, but definitely overrated. Interesting enough but meh, I guess with this coming out on the heels (half year) of One Punch ending, perhaps it was inevitable i wouldn't care too much for this one.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 21, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
that battle was intense. I hope to see more badass Deku in action, learn to control your power ASAP, and you'll be unbeatable!
Aug 23, 2016 2:39 AM

Nov 2012
I've been loving this manga so far and I'm so happy that the first season of the anime has done in JUSTICE (haha GET IT HEROES AND i'm sorry)! Bring on season 2!
Aug 26, 2016 2:39 AM

Nov 2015
Damned entertaining all the way through, and ofc it was only natural it would end on such a high note. Wanting some more development character-wise, and pacing was a bit slow. Given the fact this season was mostly introduction though, I can't really complain. Had lots of fun with this series. Can't wait to see what's in store.

7/10 (for now) :D
Shiza-senninAug 26, 2016 2:42 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2016
What a fun ride it has been. Can't wait for the second season! Plus Ultra!
Sep 2, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
This was the most enjoyable anime I've watched in months! Can't wait for season 2!!!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 5, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
Whew finish 13 episode in one sitting...
While it's all good and all, but somehow Deku...have such a low self-esteem.
Overall, it's really enjoyable.
8/10
Sep 6, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2012
I thought this series would be focusing more on the school aspects for a while like in the middle parts, but I like where the series is going right now. Looking forward to season 2! 😊
Sep 9, 2016 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
Deku saves All Might again and the other teachers arrive and deal with the villains.
The 2 main ones get away and plan their next attack.
Police and everyone is not dead but with injuries 9/10
Sep 10, 2016 12:30 AM
Aug 2016
The other heroes were really cool. The OST slay!
I'll be reading the manga while I'm waiting for the second season to air.
Sep 24, 2016 5:45 AM

Jun 2011
I am always baffled at people who blame the series for not 'ending' the series properly when it was announced right after it ended that it is continuing in the second season which isn't far away. That logic only applies when the series is ending without any continuation in either anime or manga form. Unless it has some serious pacing issue, it is not possible to end a series that's meant to be a long runner in mere 12 episodes.

Back to the series, the first half, or the majority of the first part was pretty bad, just as bad as I thought it was in the manga. I am usually not annoyed at protagonist like Midoriya, for example, Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but the character Midoriya didn't feel genuine as a character, he felt more like a stereotype to start the series off, the weak, the powerless, the less brave, and timid one. It was like he was in a 'role', as oppose to being a character of his own. I feel the same for Deku, his arc was cringeworthy. The character dynamic didn't work all that great the entire series, but much less later on.

I was about to give up on the series, truth to be told, and drop the manga for good if the finale of the series didn't impress me, but the last arc of the series was GAR, All Might was GAR. I don't care if you guys say it was a shounen logic or whatever, I like that All Might was pushing to, or through his limit and won the fight, it's what I love in most shounen, it's the heart, it's the spirit that count. Midoriya also became a lot more tolerable in the last arc, though I feel that he's acting somewhat OOC due to the lack of time for his character development before shit got real.

That brings me to another issue, I would like to see a training arc before we get to the next serious arc, as it stands, Midoriya is gonna keep self-destructing and the kids wouldn't have enough power to overcome strong opponents without the help of the lecturers. I just don't think that it is wise to side-track the kids this early into the series before they even got much of a proper introduction.

I have some issues with the series, but if it continues to be the adrenaline rush that the last arc of the series was, then it is worth the watch for me. Hopefully the second season is better than the first one.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 25, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
What a fantastic adaptation! Felt a bit too slow at times but the art, animation and sound were amazing.

Can't wait to see this guy in action!

Same! I'm all hyped up for the next episode!
Sep 25, 2016 8:07 PM

Feb 2016
i need a season 2 of this fucking shittiest anime right now
Sep 27, 2016 9:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Good series, although it is somewhat predictable, the rhythm gets the tension in the viewer, and with it the excitement.

Next you in the secon season....8/10.
Oct 19, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome ending for a very entertaining anime :) Definitely looking forward to S2 and the Jump Special.
Oct 21, 2016 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Yeah no ,I don't get it.So far this series has only been decent at best,maybe it gets better as it goes ,but so far its been almost dime a dozen.

Fans of it were clearly to overzealous in naming it the next big battle shonen series (even before it aired) when that's clearly not the case.
Oct 22, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
amateur said:
Yeah no ,I don't get it.So far this series has only been decent at best,maybe it gets better as it goes ,but so far its been almost dime a dozen.

Fans of it were clearly to overzealous in naming it the next big battle shonen series (even before it aired) when that's clearly not the case.

Tell that to Shuiesha
Dec 1, 2016 12:37 AM
Nov 2016
Loved it can't wait to see the progression in season two
Dec 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
Such a nice ending for the first season. I can't imagine how they had done this better in any way.
The moment Shigaraki decided to attack All Might was so thrilling. They didn't fall for the bluff and Deku went all out to help him.

Fortunately the other pro heros arrived in time. Only after these few moments you could see how strong they are. That Snipe guy almost defeated almost everyone with his shots. Even the director was with them. Such a goosebumps moment :P

So close, Kirishima almost saw All Might in his "normal" form. Good thing Cementoss rescued the situation. Seemed like without that shadow guy Shigaraki would have been dead or at least defeated with all these shots in his arms and legs.

At one hand I'm glad that everyone is okay, but on the other hand to see All Might who may lost more of his daily time to be hero and his strength is sad. :(
Also Aizawa-sensei has a lot of injuries, hopefully he's okay.

Hmm who were the two persons Shigaraki was talking to? I thought he was the one who leads the villain organisation, but there are two persons in the background who also created Noumu. And who was this crazy looking guy at the end? God after seeing and hearing all of that I'm not sure where this will end up.

Overall the anime was brilliant. What could I more say. The animation was so crystal clear and I love to watch animes with such a high quality. Characters, music, everything just fits perfect. Arigatou Bones for this masterpiece <3 :)

10/10

See you all in the second season. PLUUUUS UUUULTRA!!!!!

Jan 8, 2017 5:41 PM

May 2013
Yaaaayyyyyy~ Season 2 on deck
Pretty good series. I enjoyed it :D

9/10
Jan 14, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Anyone who could point me to the manga chapter after the end?
*nevermind, got it. It's the end of chapter 21 if anyone is interested. The anime didn't skip anything so feel free to read on.
loopelaJan 14, 2017 10:37 AM
Jan 15, 2017 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
PLUS ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
So I like the series. Nice charakters, cool action and in the beginning even in part something touching. The ED is epic.

Finally a new good shounen. 9/10

Hopefully the 2nd season will be as fast as possible
Jan 31, 2017 10:27 PM

Aug 2007
This was a pretty solid, enjoyable first season and I look forward to the next! The occasionally slow pace and the way certain story elements were written made me roll my eyes at times, but the charm of this series's characters and how they play off each other really made it endearing and fun. And let's not forget how much the excellent soundtrack added to it.

If I had to say what my favorite episode was, it would probably be episode 11, for the aforementioned way the characters work off each other, and least favorite being 10. Overall this season gets a solid 7 from me. Next time I hope to see more of Tsuyu and whoever that cool gun-slinging pro hero is!
JG_WezzJan 31, 2017 10:40 PM
Feb 5, 2017 5:21 PM
Dec 2009
This episode didn't feel like a finale to me at all, looking forward to the next season and seeing how all the students grow :) I wonder how much longer All Might's secret will be protected.
Mar 3, 2017 5:50 AM

Oct 2008
I really regret not following this show while is airing!
Great Anime will wait for S2!!
5/5.
9/10.

Mar 27, 2017 4:13 AM

Feb 2016
Can't waiiiiit for second season
9/10

Cant be more hyped
Bravooo bones for this excellent adaptation
Apr 11, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2013
The conclusion of the USJ incident, the new status quo, and the setup for the story that only starts now. The battle at this point was mostly straightforward: Deku, All Might and the students manage to stall long enough for the reinforcements to come, and oh boy do they have an impeccable timing! Not to mention how the principal managed to round up quite an impressive team, just by sheer numbers. Of course, this was really game over for the League of Villains.

The great emotional catharsis didn't manage to surpass the one from the last episode, but sometimes even seeing the happiness of so many characters, how everyone made it out alive, is rewarding enough.

I appreciate that there was still a price to pay, as All Might and especially Aizawa and 13 suffered injuries with possibly permanent consequences, even though I feel for them. I hope the students pay a visit Aizawa and 13 in the hospital at some point. It's nice to see the school security issue addressed, I'm eager to see what changes this will bring.

The drawback of such a conclusion is that it doesn't feel like a truly complete story, even though it was satisfying from beginning to end. But with a second season releasing right now, this stings a lot less. In fact, I should just go catch up now.
Apr 13, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
That was enjoyable. The animation was good and the action was fast paced. The story suffered from the padding that the series had midway. Still it's a 7/10 from me.
Apr 18, 2017 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
When you realise the episode could have been 5 mins long had Todoroki frozen them all instead of simply standing there feigning fright ... They've clearly done a great job balancing these quirks /s.

Not to mention how it took an entire episode's length to gather literally every single pro hero available - It appears a photo-perfect finish is more important than actually saving lives in this reality. Great way to end a shitty plotline.

Prim3Apr 18, 2017 4:50 PM
~
Apr 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2010
Marathoned this series in two days!
Enjoyed it throughout. Loved most of the characters.
Favorite is Bakugo and Todoroki <3
Then All Might and Deku <3

Now onto second season!
May 1, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Wow.. I blasted through all 13 episodes so quickly. This anime was that enjoyable to watch!

I have to admit, that although I was curious about this anime when it was initially released, I wasn't completely convinced that it would be any good based on the trailer (that was the only thing I saw before deciding to watch this). But when I saw there was already a 2nd season being released soon after the 1st season finished airing, I figured it really had to be good. Seeing the 2nd season was what convinced me to watch this and I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to see more... though maybe I will a bit later. There's still 5/25 episodes released for the 2nd season at the moment. My heart can't deal with watching shows like this one episode per week. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 3, 2017 10:02 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't expect that I'd like this show so much lol. Glad we have second season now.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 10, 2017 10:21 AM

Feb 2014
So the evil guys have their HQ in a Karaoke bar, eh? That's pretty cool! Pretty epic finale too!

Wow that was some pretty awesome action. I was a bit hesitant to watch this since I heard it was like One Punch Man (which I didn't really like), but I'm glad I watched it! Really cool show, I wanna watch the second season now! 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

216 by Mortal150 »»
May 14, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

262 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 10, 10:15 AM

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

17 by MYZS-Chist »»
May 9, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.