Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 2:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's awesome, they even bought in the parrot to the actual courtroom lol. I wasn't expecting that as a witness.

There's some background storytelling as well. It was quite a tense case, a battle of mind games using evidence and testimony. Not bad considering they were up against a guy who hasn't lost in ages. I guess we'll hear even more truth about the the Dl-5 incident next time.
Stark700Jun 11, 2016 4:27 AM
Jun 11, 2016 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see that Mitsurugi was the one to stick up for Naruhodo when they were kids.

Lol that Parrot cross-examination. The boat rental guy Haine Kotaro was behind all of this.

NOT GUILTY, but Mitsurugi still has an objection. This trial is not over yet.

Last Trial next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 11, 2016 4:36 AM

Apr 2013
I was hoping that Yanni Yogi (Haine Kotaro) would be even more badass when revealing his true self like he did in the games, here it feels a little lacking, but nevertheless still look great on screen.

More backstory telling us about Yanni and his wife after the judgement of DL-6 is nice to see as well.

I find it weird how the preview says the next episode is the last trial yet it is listed to have 13 episodes by MAL (I thought it is confirmed that Justice For All will also be adapted?).

Jun 11, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2008
I liked how Grossberg was a witness, nice change. Polly's cross-examination or rather her being introduced as a witness was seriously lacking though, it was much more fun in the game. At least, Yogi's and Edgeworth's confessions were handled good enough.
I also think Maya standing in court with a metal detector on her back is hilarious :D

Lord_Odous said:
I find it weird how the preview says the next episode is the last trial yet it is listed to have 13 episodes by MAL (I thought it is confirmed that Justice For All will also be adapted?).

My guess is that this will turn out to be a mistake on MAL's part.
Jun 11, 2016 4:58 AM

Dec 2014
So he accidently killed his father then..... Whatttttt
Jun 11, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
I feel really bad for poor Yanni. He was innocent but still had his life turn to shit. Although I liked his bit in the movie a lot more.

Parrot scene was slightly lackluster but it was still fun to watch. Funny how Maya is still casually wearing the metal detector on her back still.

Seeing Maya here was hilarious.
Jun 11, 2016 5:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Felt kinda bad for Yogi there, but justice has been served so it's all good

Ever since seeing seeing flashback in the elevator, I had had feeling that maybe Edgeworth accidently shot his dad....I'm ready for the feels :(
Jun 11, 2016 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
No wonder Reiji's the one-called Genius. He already have that attorney-like attitude and that "Objection" scream even when he's just a grade-shooler.

At least this time Karuma's finger-click doesn't have any wind-effect unlike previous episode. But instead, it's Naruhodo's turn to "strike" with that same "Wind attribute" of his. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 11, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2013
Why does episodes number just randomly chaged to the wrong one? We already has confirmation that show will be two-cour.
Jun 11, 2016 6:42 AM
May 2016
ibraheem234 said:
So he accidently killed his father then..... Whatttttt

it hasn't said that for definite yet. wait for next week or play the games to find out bro.
Jun 11, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2011

This guy always first huh? Strange.
I was kind of expecting him though.
Sorry for my bad English.
Jun 11, 2016 7:31 AM
Jan 2015
phoenix's argument & von karma both felt kind of weak here. both of the dl-6 flashbacks were on point though ;_; I don't want turnabout goodbyes to end!!
Jun 11, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2014
I think it was kind of nice to see a bit of backstory about how Nick and Edgeworth (and Larry) became friends. Even as a kid, Edgeworth dressed all nice and fancy. Despite the not guilty verdict, there's still some drama that needs to be settled in the courthouse, so next episode should be interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 11, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
They really cross-examined the parrot. :D The confession at the end though. This explains why he didn't try to solve this mess.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 11, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
Lord_Odous said:

Maybe it will get 2 episode for the next arc.
Then the 2nd cour would be aired at 2017.
Since the other time slots was occupied.
Well that's according to MAL's broadcast date.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 11, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
The parrot was bought into the court!

Edgeworth shot his dad by accident!!
Jun 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
Like I keep saying, the story is the saving grace for this anime.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 11, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Story is really great. I really need to replay trilogy on my DS, i hope they won't mess one of greatest breakdowns in series next episode
Jun 11, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
unbeliveable. what did i just watch.....i was seeing a parrot in the court. first time in my life that i was seeing a parrot standing as the witness in the court in fiction xD

overall, it was a damn pretty hyped episode imo. the story and backstory were great too imo. i was just speechless. moreover with that plot twist in the end. well, a little bit, i thought Mitsurugi was the one who killed his own father since the gun was on his hands at that time but the possibility is too slim so i forgot that possibility but yet......that was actually what happened.....i didn't see that coming. really looking foward as for why he killed his own father.....
Jun 11, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
Lord_Odous said:

It means the last trial for this case they're currently on. The 2nd game will be adapted, too.
Jun 11, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
okay I'm going to make this quick they kept the parrot cross examination! without that parrot there is no case, no conclusion, no answers, and no parrot. sad that they didn't explain what really happened or how it all really happened. btw if you enjoy von karma you'll love him in the next case.
Jun 11, 2016 2:25 PM
Jan 2013
Tevens said:
unbeliveable. what did i just watch.....i was seeing a parrot in the court. first time in my life that i was seeing a parrot standing as the witness in the court in fiction xD

Does that mean you've seen one standing as witness in real life?
people may have seen this, but the end of the world is near...

Wait a minute. How will
Jun 11, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
dex_dash said:
Tevens said:

Wait a minute. How will

sorry, i mean both in fiction and real life. i have already seen one in fiction just right now, but never seen one in real life currently LOL xD
Jun 11, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2008
Overall, it was a decent adaptation, but still I wonder why they changed some things.

For instance, in the game it was the judge that pointed out to Von Karma that one coincidence might be random, but two coincidences seems like a pattern. In the anime it was Phoenix who did that. I thought that was a nice moment for the judge who seems like a pushover with Von Karma pretty much running the whole trial. It was the first time he exacts his authority as a judge. Nevertheless, it was nice that they kept this scene to some extent.

Also, the cross-examination of the parrot was still funny (thought I wish I would have seen being asked for her name and occupation like all witnesses - man, that was hilarious).
Jun 11, 2016 3:55 PM

Mar 2014
Holy shit the art was so terrible this episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 11, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2015
And I thought it can't get anymore absurd.

Jun 11, 2016 4:19 PM
Jan 2013
Piromysl said:

It will. believe me.
Jun 11, 2016 5:07 PM

Aug 2011
In the game, Phoenix ends up having no definitive evidence and witness. Von Karma mocks Phoenix saying, "you lost, well you can call that parrot as witness as comic relief".
And since prosecutor said that, Phoenix uses this word and calls parrot as witness.

I really wanted A-1 to adapt this way.
bxyhxyhJun 19, 2016 12:46 AM
Sorry for my bad English.
Jun 11, 2016 6:06 PM

Oct 2011
amazing episode omg
Jun 11, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2015
Tevens said:
dex_dash said:

Wait a minute. How will

sorry, i mean both in fiction and real life. i have already seen one in fiction just right now, but never seen one in real life currently LOL xD

Might become reality soon o.0 http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/07/parrot-witness-murder-case-michigan-duram ooh sh1t I must not laugh, there a victim ... but ... too late, I laughed a lot when I first saw this :S
Jun 12, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2015
i finished the game in like 2011 on the ds and the memories are just pouring back. Just waiting for that metal detector on Maya's back to go to absolute work.
Jun 12, 2016 11:32 AM

May 2015
Cross-examination of the parrot, lmao. That was something else. That ending, though. Didn't expect that. Decent episode.

Jun 12, 2016 1:49 PM
Mar 2016
Piromysl said:

Agree.............................................
Jun 12, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I dunno, I think it's due to execution by this arc is just meh. Those old conspiracies falls flat when anime presents them without any depth.

And don't know what studio did this episode but animation and face features were pretty bad.
Jun 12, 2016 3:52 PM
Apr 2014
They could've made the parrot cross examination funnier.
Just when Naruhodo thought he won, now he needs to bail Mitsurugi out of the DL-6 case.
Next is the best part and biggest twist of the first game imo if you don't count 1-5.
Jun 13, 2016 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
bxyhxyh said:
In the game, Phoenix ends up having no definitive evidence and witness. Von Karma mocks Phoenix saying, "you lost, well you can call that parrot as witness as comic relief".
And since prosecutor said that, Phoenix uses this word and calls parrot as witness.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball here
Jun 14, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
It was the best episode, the story is awesome. Naruhodo-kun destroyed the procuror ;).
Next episode looks interesting
Jun 16, 2016 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
Koutarou was suspicious from the very beginning anyway :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 17, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
Maya with metal detector on her back was hilarious. Old man aka Yanni Yogi finally got serious. Finally the truth is gonna be revealed next ep about this whole DL-6 incident >:D
Jun 17, 2016 6:53 PM
Aug 2008
The last bit was intense. Next episode should be good.

Jun 18, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
The parrot, in my opinion, is the most kawaii pet in Anime so far this year.
Jun 19, 2016 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
And with that, we enter the last stretch.

Time for the good part next episode.
Jun 21, 2016 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
You know, if they had just dropped the game mechanic gimmicks, this wouldn't be half bad.
Jun 22, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2007
Darklord_bg said:
Overall, it was a decent adaptation, but still I wonder why they changed some things.

For instance, in the game it was the judge that pointed out to Von Karma that one coincidence might be random, but two coincidences seems like a pattern. In the anime it was Phoenix who did that. I thought that was a nice moment for the judge who seems like a pushover with Von Karma pretty much running the whole trial. It was the first time he exacts his authority as a judge. Nevertheless, it was nice that they kept this scene to some extent.

Also, the cross-examination of the parrot was still funny (thought I wish I would have seen being asked for her name and occupation like all witnesses - man, that was hilarious).

Who points out what is really just a subtle flow change, though it has more sense/weight when the judge did.

I was more ??? at the way they pretty much changed/cut everything between finding the letter to the trial - from actually having the letter in trial to begin with (cutting out the whole revelation part and losing/exchanging it for an important evidence in the DL-6 case) to Edgeworth not talking about the nightmare to Nick/Maya at all to Grossberg testifying. Plus all the small nuances like who says/suggests what.

bxyhxyh said:

I actually was replaying the game side by side with the anime and I just loved that game moment so much. The anime just doesn't really do it justice in this episode.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Jun 25, 2016 6:30 AM

Nov 2015
They even brought the parrot, I was not expecting that

Aug 29, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Ryuuchi just did the ultimate Igi ari on Karuma.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 7, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2012
Great episode, and what a melodramatic ending! A lot better captured than in the game I must say, quite loved it! What an ending as well! Let's see what's next.
Jul 27, 2017 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, i am back xD Will finish this now.
Good job Ryuuichi and Mayoi.
The judge is so stupid omg...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.