Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 28, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh the episode was okay, about time they focus more on the group again collectively.

Tsuguhito is still funny as ever in this show while we see a more fragile Noriko. Honoka's personality still hasn't changed much either. Katsuhira is really dense...not even funny. About time Chidori takes the step forward in their relationship although that turned out to be a bit different than what I had expected.

I find the flashbacks ringing through Katsuhira's mind is rather interesting though especially with the experimentation in the story.
Stark700May 28, 2016 7:58 AM
May 28, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
More detail about the experiment from the teacher including the fact about the kids in the experiment that shown at the end of the ep. because of negative feelings (pain).

Trapping in one place with thunder with a new mission. The people looking from behind is curious about their relations. Attacks from the mascots again. Mysterious girl is aware of main guy having some kind of feeling towards her. Is it just me or is Fushigi-kei girl in love with delinquent looking guy not obvious until this ep.? Main guy slowly remember he's one of the kids in the experiment before with that mysterious girl, who hides her scar with a chain stuff on the neck.

Oh, right, ED CMs with different character ver. started, huh. It's main guy's ver. today.
https://twitter.com/kioon_official/status/736135198350282752
tsubasaloverMay 28, 2016 8:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty good, we get some interactions between the couples, and some revelations, with a cliffhanger.

I'm curious about this "connection" between the mc and the other girl.
May 28, 2016 9:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The only thing more frustrating than a love triangle is a fucking love pentagon

Putting Honoka and Yuta aside, I can already see that I'm going to be in for an emotional rollercoaster next episode
May 28, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
So they really does a Kiznaiver experiment on children. That Kacchon's question about that experimental kid where about are totally "bullseye" for the current moment. Too bad he didn't have the answer.
And yeah, that "precious moment" between Nico and Tenga are really good. But that conflict between Hisomu and Honoka are pretty interesting.
You don't get that Maki's smile pretty often, right? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 28, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2016
I honestly did not notice earlier, that Nico liked Tenga. Was it not hinted enough, or am I just clueless? Not that I really dislike the concept.

Yuta is hilarious when he tries to be smooth, didn't expect his relationship with Maki to become the fun part of the show, but there we go. On the other hand, Hisomu is starting to look like an actual weirdo, though I appreciate being honest.

A good episode, not nearly as good as the last one, but there aren't that many things in anime better than the last one.
May 28, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
finally the anime is getting better.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 28, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
We got some interactions between the couples.

Nico likes Tenga.
May 28, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
If my read on this series is right, this whole shipping experiment is going to fall to pieces in a hurry.
May 28, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
With every episode I get a growing feeling that whoever is directing this REALLY wanted to direct a Monogatari episode but never got the chance so went "screw you guys Ill make my own!"

Anyway This could have potential if this made Chidori go bonkers yandere and try to murder everyone else.
Alas since this is Kiznaiver that is way too exciting to happen and they will instead pointlessly talk about feelings some more(because thats what characters do here), tell us more how much better off they are and move to next subject. While them literally charting their relationships was amusing for a second, it does not really contribute to anything or make a bigger impression either.

This could have worked decently as educational shorts about teenager emotions, but so far I still see very little that would make the show coherent or make the show leave any kind of impression. The characters are just, eh, there and are still their old cliche selves(but with some depth that goes intentionally 180 degrees against their personality, because the on-the-nose dont-judge-book-by-the-cover metaphors) without too much to make them interesting, the sound track I do not even notice, the directing and cinematography varies between good and serviceable but nothing that stands out as unique and the plot is nowhere to be found.

It really feels like any sort of plot or lore here is an excuse to have those characters talk about their feelings which makes the whole "muh feelings" feel artificial and forced in on itself - the show TRIES to be deep or complex with the meta narrative but only comes off as slightly pretentious, because the writing is not there to support that.

I really hope that by the end of the show I will be able to actually judge the show properly instead of feeling like the emotionless MC in this, being unable to comprehend what should I feel.
AhenshihaelMay 28, 2016 9:51 AM
May 28, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode in my opinion. Seems like they're going to get into the meat of the story right now.

Though holy shit those last few minutes were intense. I hope next week's offering clears things up a bit better. What does Sonozaki mean by Katsuhira being inside of her, for instance?
May 28, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
A few ships are damaged, but still have a small chance. Which will sail in the end? Stay tuned!
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
Hooray, another Mari Okada show with a needlessly-complicated love pentagon that seems to simply exist just to fuel the plot or the characters, or even both. That being said, even with that this was a good episode, but the way this has gone so far makes me believe that this whole shipping thing isn't going to last long or end well. Can't say I'm at all surprised about Sonozaki and Katsuhira having a history with each other, but it's a bit unexpected that they were involved in some preliminary Kizna experiments in the past. I'm hoping that gets cleared up next week though.
May 28, 2016 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode, it had some intense moments.

I really don't like that whole tenga x nico thing, it feels forced since there were no hints of feelings really at all throughout the series so far (unless I completly missed them) :P
May 28, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2015
Tenga is right, Nico looks cuter in the track outfit! What's the deal with mc and Nori? Also she has the kiznaiver scar on the back of her neck?
May 28, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
The scene when Katsuhira openned the door near the end was epic
Trigger is incredible
May 28, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
This show impresses me every week. Can't wait for next episode.
May 28, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2009
Sometimes791 said:
A few ships are damaged, but still have a small chance. Which will sail in the end? Stay tuned!

lol this comment is so ON POINT

*starts flipping tables* (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Some of my ships sunk so hard lmao xD xD xD Ahhh harsh is the shipper life </3
Wasn't expecting for Nico to like Tenga really.... To the people who ship Nico x Tenga, is her liking him that obvious? :o

Ultimate215 said:
Pretty good episode, it had some intense moments.

I really don't like that whole tenga x nico thing, it feels forced since there were no hints of feelings really at all throughout the series so far (unless I completly missed them) :P

I totally agree. I CAN NOT SEE IT too. O_O

Anyway... the ep in a nutshell

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SHIPPING CHART?!! WHOOOUUUAATT?! xD xD xD

Also, lol at Hisomu for putting a heart on Maki x Yuta <3 at least this ship is GOING STRONG! my shipper heart is safe ( ´∀`)☆

Well I hope the Chidori x Katsuhira x Sonozaki = Kiznaiver thing gets more progress in the next ep. WE NEED ANSWERS NOWWW! :>

May 28, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
After thinking a abit I realized what this reminds me of - a process of trying to write a tv show that would sell. So the writers come up with corny ideas that should appeal to "teens" and the actors play it out.

Alas for Kiznaiver to be good with that premise they should have actually focused on the said "writers" behind the scenes - have a shirobako-ish element of marketing team planning experiment bullshit desperately trying to make it Appealing(TM) and then cue this cast of stereotypes playing the scenarios out in a cringe over-dramatic fashion. That would provide an interesting level of meta commentary and you coud have the masterminds bicker which ships would sell more, which character should be a secretly tragic lesbian(who then procceeds to fall in heterosexual love because MUH TELEVISION), which characters and when will dramatically shout at each other, etc, while discussing the tropes and logic on why that should be appealing. Sort of Cabin In The Woods type of interaction where the side of tropes is treating it extra seriously, while for the other side its just another day in the job.

Alas Kiznaiver did not go for that and instead it feels like all the interesting things are happening in the side we can't see, while we are stuck watching bunch of characters forcefully talking about feelings with almost zero plot progression or ways to make characters interesting.
May 28, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2016
Poor Chidori
I mean,
She was confessing her feelings for him and BAM !
He just run away xD
LOL
May 28, 2016 10:27 AM

Oct 2009
ColdBreeze said:
Thug_Gou said:

I totally agree. I CAN NOT SEE IT too. O_O
Wasn't it quite obvious? O.o
She looked really jealous in episode 6(I think) when Tenga and Chidori were talking together.

well at that scene, most people thought that Nico was just being "observant" or something, or she was jealous of the attention that other people were having, not necessarily only for Tenga. She was looking around on a lot of parts of that ep, so it wasn't really clear. xD

Anyway, thanks for that info.

May 28, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
definitely better like this
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 28, 2016 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
Benphyre said:
definitely better like this

alll the arrows should be pointing at Tenga :>

May 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode. There was quite some talk about emotions and a little more depth about the origins of the Kiznaiver program.

The teacher drawing relationships among the characters was funny
Hisomu's complete disgust at positive emotion was hilarious as well XD

I have no clue how Katsuhira was able to find out Nori's location, How is he able to see all those visions?

Looks like that neck ornament that Nori wears suppresses her Kizanaiver capabilities
May 28, 2016 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
Lol even their teachers ship them. This whole love pentagon thing is just ridiculous, and I thought love triangles were bad enough. The last several minutes were pretty good, but I didn't really care for anything else in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 28, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2015
As hinted throughout they experimented on children with Katsuhira and Noriko likely becoming psychologically damaged as a result. The Kizna Group's original agenda was to apparently cultivate peace through empathy by linking everyone's emotions together. However, due negative feelings resonating higher than positive feelings, and the former most likely manifested for controlled study by administrating pain, the project devolved into cultivating peace through mutual physical pain. Stupid idea all round!

And so the "confirmed" romantic interests are:

Yuta --> Maki

Nico --> Tenga --> Chidori -->Katsuhira --> Noriko (God, what a mess)

Hisomu --> pain

Quite a pandemonium here so I expect the only pairing to have positive closure by the finale will be Yuta x Maki.
May 28, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
I am pretty sure that nori and the white haired katsuhira are part of first kiznaiver experiment... so did everyone else die then....

Kiznaiver experiment is getting werder and weirder
May 28, 2016 10:54 AM

Nov 2015
Okay now we're getting somewhere. Good development for the group as we experience the purpose of Kiznaiver.

The flashbacks through Katsuhira were really nice and seeing him space out like that was sad as Chidori was very likely confessing her feelings about him.

Damn the teacher makes me laugh the most, he may be the most entertaining character with Tenga in the show.

Other characters like Honoka and machochist guy didn't change at all I guess but bringing Nico close to Tenga we a fresh thing I saw in this ep.
May 28, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2009
MoonStar9 said:
The Kizna Group's original agenda was to apparently cultivate peace through empathy by linking everyone's emotions together. However, due negative feelings resonating higher than positive feelings, and the former most likely manifested for controlled study by administrating pain, the project devolved into cultivating peace through mutual physical pain. Stupid idea all round!

Yuta --> Maki

Hisomu --> pain

Quite a pandemonium here so I expect the only pairing to have positive closure by the finale will be Yuta x Maki.

They're definitely ain't getting any peace on that messed up love polygon lol
This experiment will again manifest negative emotions and fail :P

and yest Yuta x Maki FTW

May 28, 2016 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
This was probably my least favorite episode so far... 2/5
All the "romance" seemed so forced, especially between Nico and Tenga. I feel like that came totally out of nowhere.
May 28, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
I can't wait for soundtrack from this series, it's brilliant!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 28, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Nico's such a cute and the OST at the end was brilliant. Hayashi going in like a BOSS
May 28, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2015
Nico is the best thing to ever happen to anime
May 28, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
Thug_Gou said:
MoonStar9 said:
The Kizna Group's original agenda was to apparently cultivate peace through empathy by linking everyone's emotions together. However, due negative feelings resonating higher than positive feelings, and the former most likely manifested for controlled study by administrating pain, the project devolved into cultivating peace through mutual physical pain. Stupid idea all round!

Yuta --> Maki

Hisomu --> pain

and yest Yuta x Maki FTW

I'm expecting the Nico x Tenga ship to be shaken up next episode as well when he finds Chidori crying... He might even take it out on Katsuhira. Ah man, it's so messy. They just became friends.
May 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
MoonStar9 said:
Thug_Gou said:

and yest Yuta x Maki FTW

I'm expecting the Nico x Tenga ship to be shaken up next episode as well when he finds Chidori crying... He might even take it out on Katsuhira. Ah man, it's so messy. They just became friends.

yeah. I hope so too, idk about you but it feels really forced to me (and some other people xD).
I just hope the Chidori doesn't end up alone though </3

May 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
I really liked this episode, I could feel a bit of pain in my heart, that kind of pain when you find out your crush doesn't like you back.

Really liked the use of music when Nori made her way to the roof top and Kacchon saved her.

I felt like Nico liking Tenga came out of nowhere, he doesn't seem like her type to be fair but okay.
Still rooting for Chidori x Tenga but doesn't look too well.

I just want Honoka to be happy. Please be happy baby. ;;;;

Also what the frick, the female teacher is actually so hot , heart eyes all over her hands down!!
MintchiMay 28, 2016 11:40 AM
May 28, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
Kacchon is a real asshole.
Chidori is opening up her heart to him and he just leaves her standing there, not caring the slightest.
I always thought if Nico liked anybody, it would be self-harm dude. She's really cute in that huge jacket blushing.
May 28, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2015
Thug_Gou said:
MoonStar9 said:

yeah. I hope so too, idk about you but it feels really forced to me (and some other people xD).
I just hope the Chidori doesn't end up alone though </3

To be fair, there were subtle hints there which could point to Nico liking Tenga such as episode 5 in which Chidori ran off into the forest and Tenga orchestrated this whole plan for Katsuhira to save her. In this episode I remember Nico getting a little jealous by asking "what's so great about her" or something to that accord. At that time I wasn't sure whether her envy was directed towards Katsuhira trying to save Chidori or Tenga trying to get him to save Chidori. It was so subtle but I had been wondering why such a random bit was included there.

Then there was episode 7 when they were at the family restaurant after being tossed out by Ruru's mum. Nico blushed when Tenga patted her on the head to console her. That's when I thought she might like him but again it was so subtle and the pairing seemed so random to me that I didn't know what to make of it.

There were some hints but they were too few and too subtle for a lot of people to even notice, let alone convince them something was there. Especially coming off of arcs involving Chidori and Yuta who are so open about their feelings. The Nico x Tenga pairing was lazily written in to set up drama.
May 28, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
Ok episode with all the couple pairings... what was dumb was of course the MC doesn't listen to what Chidori says and somehow has a psychic link to save Nori as soon as shes about to get crushed by a statue. Like come on, that is ridiculous. This show gives me mixed feelings. Sometimes I think it is just crappy and other times I like it. I have a feeling I am going to give the show a 5 maybe a 6 or 7 (if the ending redeems it somehow) depending in how it ends. Right now it just seems like an average slice of life with teen melodrama and "sci-fi" tied in. Doesn't seem like anything special compared to the other Spring shows this season even though that isn't saying much, since there aren't really that many great shows out this Spring.

Also I agree with everyone else that the NicoxTenga ship feels kind of forced. Yet again, lets play out the trope that the childhood friend loses to the emotionless girl that is in the background and doesn't really communicate with the others. Can't creators stop regurgitating the same old shit every time? Throw at least some sense of originality in relationships.

@Fai
Basically what you said is how I feel about this show. The little plot it does have doesn't really delve into the lore of the city or the Kiznaiver project. It serves more as an excuse to focus on teen melodrama which I really wasn't wanting to sign up for. I made it this far into the anime, so my view on it is that I might as well finish it out. It just seems that this could have had so much potential, but they just decided to make it all about the teen drama instead which in my book is a wasted potential. I mean don't get me wrong I love character development and character-driven anime, but this one just isn't cutting it for me. The characters are walking tropes; they could have done everything they are doing now with a plot-driven story that adds complex character development and this show would have been 10x better than what it is now.
CejaraMay 28, 2016 12:06 PM
May 28, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Lol shipping wars
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 28, 2016 12:08 PM
Mar 2013
wow.
literal forced drama.
you know what, at this point all I care about is Nori-chan. Okada Mari, why are you so bad at writing.
May 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
AUOdere said:

literal forced drama.

Errr...Thats kind of this whole show?
May 28, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
AUOdere said:
wow.
literal forced drama.
you know what, at this point all I care about is Nori-chan. Okada Mari, why are you so bad at writing.

Yeah, it just seems like the drama was created for no reason I guess? Especially with this love pentagon -_-. Kiznaiver was the number one show I was looking forward to this Spring and so far it has been the number 1 letdown for me. That being said its not bad, just excruciatingly average and cliche with tropes galore.
May 28, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
the last scene with katsuhira and sonozaki was epic.
made me feel things.
i'm happy the romantic plots are being explored
May 28, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2012
Its funny how most people hates sonozaki but never really question much how she become like that.

Knowing your emotion and understand how u're suppose to feel (despise getting rejected) is way better than knows what the feeling is but cant feel and understand it.

It's already hinted in the first place how agata and nori chan was connected as kizna (most prolly first batch) of the experiment. Something might had happened ( i assume there prolly was death) in the past that turn nori chan and agata into emotionless robot. but somehow, from the flashback, a few things i notice :

1. Agata wasn't as emotionless as he used to be back then while Nori is always the same (emotionless)
2. It looks like the other kid either isolate nori chan or agata.
3. based on what the sensei told, positive feeling are harder to connect - somehow it bring much more intense pressure, and bad things wil happen ( i assume what actually happened back then is agata had feeling towards nori, there might be jealousy from other people )
4. why did nori chan wanna jump from a higher place anywhere? most probably she was dead, and because of the intense feeling from agata to nori chan is too strong that somehow it revive nori chan - with half of their memory missing?
5. is that also the reason why agata hair turn white? and when agata save nori chan, the scar was glowing or am i blind?

ofcourse, we would assume and judge so many things of what had happened to nori chan but so far the worst thing that ever happen to chidori is her love was not returned back by agata ( the emotionless part was probably,might be part o nori chan consciousness that was transferred from her to him if their feeling are really strongly connected)

idk bout u guys but i feel chidori is a bit selfish . probably nori chan also and same goes for agata. i was just assuming :D

isn't it sad, not being able to understand your own feelings?
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 28, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2009
Katsuhira definitely isn't an emotionless machine anymore. So much feelings of confusion at the end there. I don't think it is just Katsuhira who feels for Sonozaki. The feelings definitely go both ways based on what Sonozaki said at the end.

But it makes you wonder if that is why they are emotionless. The Kiznaiver project before must have done it. Could it just as likely backfire this time around with all the characters being emotional messes around one another.
May 28, 2016 12:50 PM
Mar 2013
Fai said:
AUOdere said:

literal forced drama.

I guess?? but like? In the beginning the drama was a little more natural and pretty much happenstance due to the nature of their situation, but now it's like the writers didn't think that was enough. It's like they inserted themselves into the plot (the teacher) to further shove this forced unnatural drama bull down our throats.

but really, I dunno man. I'm just watching show with glazed eyes at this point.

Cejara said:

Yeah, it just seems like the drama was created for no reason I guess? Especially with this love pentagon -_-. Kiznaiver was the number one show I was looking forward to this Spring and so far it has been the number 1 letdown for me. That being said its not bad, just excruciatingly average and cliche with tropes galore.

Like, sure, I get that one of the genres for this show is drama but. Yeah. It feels so forced & unnecessary. The writer should just go play the sims instead of this lmao Hopefully anime will be better next season
asdfghjk14789632May 28, 2016 12:55 PM
May 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
AUOdere said:
Fai said:

I guess?? but like? In the beginning the drama was a little more natural and pretty much happenstance due to the nature of their situation, but now it's like the writers didn't think that was enough. It's like they inserted themselves into the plot (the teacher) to further shove this forced unnatural drama bull down our throats.

The first two episodes were literally about forcing the characters to have drama over their biggest secrets
May 28, 2016 12:58 PM
Aug 2015
This episode wasn't as good as the previous one, but if anyone got the OST at the end I'd be grateful !
May 28, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 2013
Fai said:
AUOdere said:

The first two episodes were literally about forcing the characters to have drama over their biggest secrets

At least they weren't being orchestrated to feel a certain exact way about themselves and each other, like this episode did.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.