Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 26, 2016 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the episode was alright, more of a transition after the rough battles and everything.

Mumei is much more cheerful and I find the episode rather relaxing with the causal outfits. Yukina is also more kinder than I had expected. Glad to see Ayame take on a bit more of a leadership role as well. Mumei's flashbacks also really seems to make her feel nostalgic with the people around her. Not bad for a breather overall, Mumei seemed much more human like a normal girl rather than a Kabaneri. I find her relationship with Ikoma to be kinda cute.

More troops introduced...should be interesting to see how their roles will play out rest of the season.
May 26, 2016 9:44 AM
Nov 2014
I feel like this series is much strong in the midst of action-

also Yukina is the queen <3 seriously, she rocks
May 26, 2016 10:32 AM
Mar 2016
Why is Koutetsujou no Kabaneri below Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-hen.
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is not original but it's damn entertaining & people around the world watching it.

On the other hand, outside hardcore nobody knows about Kamisama Hajimemashita .

MAL ranking useless
Happy watching
May 26, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Xion69 said:
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is not original but it's damn entertaining & people around the world watching it.

MAL ranking useless

You're not supposed to take MAL rankings seriously.
May 26, 2016 11:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xion69 said:

MAL ranking useless
Basically what DL said lol

Wait until after the show is over to look at the score and even then, only take it with a grain of salt
May 26, 2016 11:08 AM
Jun 2015
I still can't believe this anime scored way too decent at this site, while re zero which is pretty boring almost half of each episode got higher score.
I'm not saying re zero is bad, really. The concept is unique, characters are really well-made, but seriously most of each episode has it stretched just by dialogues and everyday stuffs.
I can't shake my feeling that they like re zero more because of the girls' designs are way prettier than kabaneri.
May 26, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
There it is, the obligatory "anime x scores way too low while anime y scores too high even though I have things I don't like about it".

You're opinion and the way you see things is simply in the minority and that's pretty much it. You shouldn't give too much of a sh... about MAL rankings anyway.
May 26, 2016 11:28 AM
Jun 2015
Yes I'm minority I know (all my friend hyped for re zero while I'm just chilling while they talked about it), but still does this makes my point won't stand?

Once again I said, I don't think it's bad, heck I even really into Ram Rem going with Subaru and all. I'm just saying, the episodes stretched by far (before saying I'm nitpick, I read the novel and manga and I'm hooked with em).
May 26, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
Saiz- said:
Yes I'm minority I know (all my friend hyped for re zero while I'm just chilling while they talked about it), but still does this makes my point won't stand?

Once again I said, I don't think it's bad, heck I even really into Ram Rem going with Subaru and all. I'm just saying, the episodes stretched by far (before saying I'm nitpick, I read the novel and manga and I'm hooked with em).

If it's your opinion fine, feel free to see it like that, but if you want to use what you said as an objectively seen statement then there is a lot that the show can bring as counter arguments. From what you're saying I have the impression that you rather have a problem with the adaptation being faithful than the actual content.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this so let's stop here :)
May 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
I REALLLLLY hope that they extend the anime at least to 20 episodes, it is SO good so far, and I really don't want it ruined by an incomplete or rushed ending!!
May 26, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
Loved the episode, didn't understand much since it's raw at the moment though.

Nice to see Mumei act like a kid, I love her relationship and interactions with Ikoma. Almost like a brother-sister sort of thing going on.

Also, the OST "Next of Kin" started playing around the start of the episode. I was wondering how they'd incorporate such an upbeat song into the show, but I guess I got my answer. (Also, anybody wanna speculate about the song's lyrics? They're foreboding as fuck and seem to foreshadow Ikoma's death...)

Can't wait for next week!

May 26, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
NightPlanes said:
I REALLLLLY hope that they extend the anime at least to 20 episodes, it is SO good so far, and I really don't want it ruined by an incomplete or rushed ending!!

Sadly it won't. NoitaminA already released its schedule for 2016/2017 and there is nothing Kabaneri related, meaning that we will have to live with these 12 episodes for at least 1 1/2 years.
May 26, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
"NO MORE DES" XD Just gotta love Gaijin-kun

Twintail Mumei is back <3 She was so adorable this ep. Acting all childish & innocent and her wish being to eat rice :*). Her name was Hozumi? It's not originally Mumei...? But really can't wait to see if Onii-chan really is that evil? Or is he a morally grey type guy.

Takumi's got balls. Loving this guy more and more. Ofc he had the guts to do that because Ikoma was with him tho lol

Yukina and Ayame were awesome too. Ayame's eating face was adorbs XD

And Kurusu ur such a cute. I can imagine what u wished for with that blush. I actually might be willing to ship with Ayame. Ur not such an ass anymore
May 26, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
PeacefulWard said:

Nice to see Mumei act like a kid, I love her relationship and interactions with Ikoma. Almost like a brother-sister sort of thing going on.

Also, the OST "Next of Kin" started playing around the start of the episode. I was wondering how they'd incorporate such an upbeat song into the show, but I guess I got my answer. (Also, anybody wanna speculate about the song's lyrics? They're foreboding as fuck and seem to foreshadow Ikoma's death...)

To me it sounded more like the lyrics referred to Ikoma letting go of his sister who is the Shadow in the lyrics while Mumei would be leaving Biba's shadow as well.
May 26, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2015
If we can't get a second season, I at least hope that the manga continues past the ending of the anime. I'd be satisfied with that.

May 26, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
Fappa said:
NightPlanes said:

Sadly it won't. NoitaminA already released its schedule for 2016/2017 and there is nothing Kabaneri related, meaning that we will have to live with these 12 episodes for at least 1 1/2 years.

That is so unfortunate. Hopefully the ending will live up to what noitaminA has put out for Kabaneri so far. Let's pray a second season will be announced sometime in the next 2-3 years!
May 26, 2016 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
Well, a nice and relaxing episode!

Biba's squad looks pro. Btw, l want my reward for guessing Biba's VA (^^) => plus three more episodes!

I think the highlight of this episode though was Kurusu. So moe!!
May 26, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
The hunters remind me of the survey corps. Wonder if all of 'em are kabaneri..
May 26, 2016 1:15 PM
Jan 2015
It's nice to have a nice relaxing episode after all the action in the previous ones, it really is a nice change of pace y'know.

It'll be interesting to see the hunters reaction to the people of Aragane at Shitori station, and more importantly the possible interaction between Ikoma and Onii-sama.
May 26, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
lol, late because New Warhammer took my attention.

Good episode tough..Yep, Knew it from Preview....Tanabata Festival...Wishes for the New Year. ............So Beautiful and Nice Relaxing Episode after all this Horror! X3 Especially when I think that Episodes before the Ending are going to get somewhat Horrible, or they will be seriously shitty situations before it's over....

Loved more Human MUMEI!!! X3

........Wow....Kajika and Others are ripping these Merchants new one...don't try to Screw them Over....Even Mumei is shocked!!!

[/quote]

and Daaamn...that Yukina's Smile...."I am in love"!!! she is really kind though....Sukari should....ah, oh never Mind....he might actually know better what is Easier...if his own Dad actually go same way.

So called Ani-sama can kiss my ass..even if we finally meet him officially. ......So..they are Literally Kabane Hunters...and Ani-sama is Titled as Liberator...No wonder Shogun is not liking about this...He gets power when he kills Kabanes and civilians start to like him....Potential threat to his Power as Shogun sees it. ah...and that is thing I was waiting before...Confirmation that Biba is Member of the Shogun's Government/Family......Father is not happy that Son is getting that much of Power

and like everybody says...quite similar to the Scout Corps...

Here to Hope it continues Longer than 12 Episodes, or that there will be 2nd Season.
JarjaxleMay 27, 2016 2:49 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 26, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
PeacefulWard said:

To me it sounded more like the lyrics referred to Ikoma letting go of his sister who is the Shadow in the lyrics while Mumei would be leaving Biba's shadow as well.

Yeah. In the previous episode Mumei's flashback was paired with Ikoma's actions of saving her, so I thought she was considering Ikoma as the person, who'd break the laser-beam references to ani-sama and widen her emotional world.
May 26, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
PeacefulWard said:
If we can't get a second season, I at least hope that the manga continues past the ending of the anime. I'd be satisfied with that.

From what i've read from the internet. The manga should continue even though the anime is original. Since the story is written for the anime the manga will be or should be exactly the same as the anime.

"Still, the manga adaptation Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress will continue to provide story material for potential second season of the anime series. Shiro Yoshida will serve as the writer and illustrator of Kabaneri manga, which will be published monthly on Comic Garden starting June." ~ Source
removed-userMay 26, 2016 2:08 PM
May 26, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty Relaxing episode. I ship Mumei x Ikoma

Mah nigga Takumi

May 26, 2016 2:14 PM
Nov 2014
I wonder what is Kurusu write in the paper? Maybe something related to Ayame?
May 26, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2015
What's your wish Kurusu ? ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hope Ikoma and Mumei will not join the group of hunters
May 26, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2008
So according to this episode Kabaneri are abnormally good at learning from watching people. WHich actually explains why Ikoma learned so quickly from Mumei as well as why he learned Kurusu's technique as demonstrated this episode.

Also I have to say I LOVE the design of this station. It's huge and built so intriguingly.
May 26, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
I predict that there will be people comparing the Hunters to the Survey Corps and Biba to Levi.
Overall a nice change of pace. This episode really fits into an action-oriented anime.

And now we finally have an explanation for the research level. There are people out there who know, how to defeat Kabane despite of their heart protectors. But there are only a few people who are attempting to kill them as it's really dangerous. Even Ikoma's and Mumei's gun don't have an use if the operator is incompetent.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 26, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
I wonder how they got so easily in there.

Isn't it a common process to check everyone on bite marks? Wouldn't two people with glowing Kabane hearts raise a commotion or is the existence of Kabaneri a well known thing? I mean the Hunters probably have some in their rows but still Ikoma is not someone they are familiar with. Welp guess that gets explained next episode probably :)
May 26, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2016
Yay, we got a lighter episode - just in time, constant whining was getting seriously obnoxious.

When they shown Mumei's brother, I honestly thought for a second that it was an ugly girl. Something about his design rubs me the wrong way, and it's something other than the fact he's stylized to look like an obvious villain. Expecting the "I'm being a better brother for her than you" approach from Ikoma.

The animation quality took a huuuge nose-dive this episode, but hey, it's an episode with no fights and cuts need to be made somewhere.

Overall, I'm hoping this show can still recover. It dug itself a deep hole with episodes 3-5 in my eyes, but the last two were decent. We'll see.
May 26, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
So according to this episode Kabaneri are abnormally good at learning from watching people. WHich actually explains why Ikoma learned so quickly from Mumei as well as why he learned Kurusu's technique as demonstrated this episode.

Also I have to say I LOVE the design of this station. It's huge and built so intriguingly.

It also can explain the Wazatori. Wazatori can be just a kabane that paid attention to people using martial arts or using weapons.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 26, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
Darklight0303 said:

It also can explain the Wazatori. Wazatori can be just a kabane that paid attention to people using martial arts or using weapons.

Exactly. It's nice to have it all connected together at last. Now people don't have the argument that Ikoma learned Mumei's moves too quickly. It also explains why Mumei sucked at explaining it in words when she likely learned from just watching too.
May 26, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2016
Sometimes791 said:
I predict that there will be people comparing the Hunters to the Survey Corps and Biba to Levi.

Exactly my thoughts . But as for this one, there's something fishy about him apparently according to ikoma . May not be exactly the perfect hero people think he is .

Overall a pretty good episode and transition from a fighting to a more relaxing atmosphere and lol at takumi's wish . Kurusu's blushing is funny , you don't get to see that side of him much . Ayame , if it's hard to negotiate, use your charm , eh .
Shishou_23May 26, 2016 3:01 PM
May 26, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2015
Really enjoyed this episode even though not much happened other than some back door political shit.

Definitely some cute moments for the two female leads though.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 26, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Kurusu is quite the maiden lol. Mamo-chan as Biba. Quite fitting. Wings of freedom vibe going on. Looking forward to next week.
May 26, 2016 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good relaxing episode.

I wonder what Kurusu wrote on his paper!
May 26, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2016
Good episode.
No obvious flaws that i had noticed but i know some people here on MAL will dig something up.
And with this episode i can say for sure that the characters in KnK are quite more likeable than the ones in AoT. Even the supposed "blonde asshole" of KnK is cooler than the "blonde asshole" of AoT lolololol (Actually the asshole of AoT is not blonde but who cares really).

Also the ships are real..........first i was hoping for Ikoma x Ayame (Cuz Ayame is beautiful S2), but i see that the real ship is Kurusu x Ayame while Ikoma and Mumei obviously have vibes together. WELP, i'm fine with this.
HyperLMay 26, 2016 3:32 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 26, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
HyperL said:
Good episode.
No obvious flaws that a had noticed but i know some people here on MAL will dig something up.
And with this episode i can say for sure that the characters in KnK are quite more likeable than the ones in AoT. Even the supposed "blonde asshole" of KnK is cooler than the "blonde asshole" of AoT lolololol.

Also the ships are real..........first i was hoping for Ikoma x Ayame (Cuz Ayame is beautiful S2), but i see that the real ship is Kurusu x Ayame while Ikoma and Mumei obviously have vibes together. WELP, i'm fine with this.

Or the writers decide to sink all ships and kill every MC in the last episode. And there will always be something to criticize. (lack of control etc.)
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 26, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
They just couldn't go the whole show without showing Mumei's ass.

It was nice to see everyone being more optimistic. Ikoma has been a positive influence.

Good episode overall. I appreciated the break from the mayhem.

5/5
May 26, 2016 3:16 PM

May 2016
Sometimes791 said:
HyperL said:
Good episode.
No obvious flaws that i had noticed but i know some people here on MAL will dig something up.
And with this episode i can say for sure that the characters in KnK are quite more likeable than the ones in AoT. Even the supposed "blonde asshole" of KnK is cooler than the "blonde asshole" of AoT lolololol.

Or the writers decide to sink all ships and kill every MC in the last episode. And there will always be something to criticize. (lack of control etc.)

I doubt they will dare doing something like this...........To beggin with i doubt the whole story will be dealt within this 12 episodes. The remaining 5 eps will most likely deal with Onii-sama and probably a big event (like a huge kabane horde invasion or something). Bad plot twists like killing all the MCs usually happen in the final Arc of the whole story, so is defenitely not happening now.
HyperLMay 26, 2016 3:21 PM
May 26, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2011
Good to see the characters finally getting some rest, at least for a while. I'm loving the relationship between Ikoma and Mumei, I don't care if they become a couple or they reach to something like siblings, just let them be together!
LOL I was thinking Ayame was looking worried and sad because she was waiting for too long, but in the end she was wondering if eat those sweets or not.
Also, Kurusu can get cute too huh??? that's new.

And finally we see Mumei's aniiki... Ikoma won't lose his gaze from Biba.
May 26, 2016 3:29 PM

Sep 2010
aikaflip said:
They just couldn't go the whole show without showing Mumei's ass.

It was nice to see everyone being more optimistic. Ikoma has been a positive influence.

Good episode overall. I appreciated the break from the mayhem.

5/5

dat moment you find out that mumei is only 12yo #jailbait #hardcandy #worthit

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
May 26, 2016 3:36 PM

May 2015
Oh well Kabaneri learn fast because cool main characters need no training, easy way to power him up without letting much time pass by. Useless conflicts again...
There were 2 nice transitions though and an awesome night sky that lasted only seconds in the background. Those vibes between kurusu and ayame, lol. Ikoma is near to becoming a pedo xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 3:38 PM

Jan 2016
who's dreamier, captain levi or nii-sama?
May 26, 2016 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
thats a calm and relaxing episode for a change lol

and that ending, Mumei's so called brother finally made an appearance and Ikoma is determine to find out if he is good or evil
May 26, 2016 3:44 PM

May 2016
zal said:
Oh well Kabaneri learn fast because cool main characters need no training, easy way to power him up without letting much time pass by. Useless conflicts again...
There were 2 nice transitions though and an awesome night sky that lasted only seconds in the background. Those vibes between kurusu and ayame, lol. Ikoma is near to becoming a pedo xD

It's not really just Kabaneri, the Wazatori can exist for the same reason, if so this is not just 100% pure plot convinience.

Well, it woudn't be a story surrounding humans if there wasn't useless conflic. We humans are basically "Useless conflic" the living being.

Ikoma will only be a pedo if they don't wait some years to do.......stuff.
May 26, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
zal said:

It's not really just Kabaneri, the Wazatori can exist for the same reason, if so this is not just 100% pure plot convinience.

Well, it woudn't be a story surrounding humans if there wasn't useless conflic. We humans are basically "Useless conflic" the living being.

Ikoma will only be a pedo if they don't wait some years to do.......stuff.

Again I have to point back to the scene in episode 1 where the Kabane that killed that kid's mother started to point at the kid the same way the kid was pointing at it. kabane have a capacity to mimic and we saw that in the Husouyojo when it mimicked the horn call too
May 26, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2015
Has anyone wondered why Ikoma wont get the thing from his neck removed and replace it with something more practical like Mumei's ribbon. I mean if he wants to fight the Kabane at full power, he should be able to do the power up like Mumei does when she removes her ribbon. Has this been explained yet as in why he hasn't attempted to remove it? Just a random thought that popped in my head this episode.
May 26, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
Cejara said:
Has anyone wondered why Ikoma wont get the thing from his neck removed and replace it with something more practical like Mumei's ribbon. I mean if he wants to fight the Kabane at full power, he should be able to do the power up like Mumei does when she removes her ribbon. Has this been explained yet as in why he hasn't attempted to remove it? Just a random thought that popped in my head this episode.

It's probably very hard to remove given the procedure in which he put it on in the first place. And even with his limiter he's proven to be quite adept at killing Kabane
May 26, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Cejara said:

It's probably very hard to remove given the procedure in which he put it on in the first place. And even with his limiter he's proven to be quite adept at killing Kabane

Makes sense, I just figured that they seem pretty technologically advanced in regards to "their era" that they would have strong buzzsaws or someshit like that, since it does have steampunk vibes to it and with steampunk usually comes with cool/technological gadgets.
May 26, 2016 3:56 PM

Dec 2015
Why must every anime have a Tanabata episode?
Now they just need a beach/hot springs episode and a completely unnecessary recap episode and they'll have checked off everything on the pointless episode checklist.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.