Forum Settings
Forums

What are some games you'd like to see remastered/remade?

New
May 20, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
What are some games you'd like to see remastered/re-released or remade, and why?

Here's a list of some of mine, if anyone cares:

Discuss.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
all the games I like already have been rereleased or remade. all the pokemon rpgs (recently red blue and yellow have been rereleased), and I want to say most or at least a good chunk of the mario games have been released on virtual console for wii, 3ds, and wii u.

I only play mario or pokemon games mostly so this makes me content.
May 20, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
I only have two. whole Mass Effect trilogy remade with Frosbite engine, and Ghost Recon (2001) Remade with any modern game engine.
May 20, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2012
The Legend of Dragoon. PS1 RPG masterpiece
May 20, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2010
Being an FE fanboy, I'd love Genealogy of the Holy War to be remade. Seeing that game in current gen graphics with added dialogue and supports would be sweet.

I'd be cool with some Grandia/Xenosaga HD remasters as well.
May 20, 2016 7:01 PM

Jun 2010
I'd like to see Metal Gear 1 and 2 remade but that's not going to happen now or at least how I would like to see them remade with Kojima gone from Konami and how Konami is these days but in a perfect world I'd like to see those two remade. Metal Gear 1 especially doesn't hold up very well so I think a proper remake would be fitting, dive alot more into the relationship of Big Boss, Gray Fox and Solid Snake
May 20, 2016 7:04 PM

Jan 2009
i would like a remake of Battle Realms and Quake 3 and Zone of the Enders although i only played parts of it and not the entire game, i still like it
May 20, 2016 11:42 PM

Sep 2012
Heavenly blade comes to mind. One of the most underrated games ever. For a long time it was one of the few things that made owning a ps3 worth it.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 21, 2016 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
I wanna play Demon's Souls on my ps4! Maybe Final Fantasy Tactics?
May 21, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2015
Devil May Cry 3 and Demon's Souls PC version (a remaster ofc)
May 21, 2016 2:15 AM

Jun 2013
Syphon filter series. HD long-range Tazer!
May 21, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2011
The original Syphon Filter trilogy comes to mind. Gabe and Xian tazing people to flames in HD. That would be glorious. Not to mention, it's a legitimately amazing franchise that too many people overlook because of games like Metal Gear Solid hogging the spotlight.

Final Fantasy 8 & 9. Well, we're getting 7 soon, so why not 8 and 9? 7 has gotten so much attention from Square, but these two installments rarely get any. If they do (in the one-off chance) remake it, I do hope that they revamp the Junction system to make it less broken and the Trance system to make it less pointless.

Crash Team Racing. By far my favorite driving game ever.... and while I'm on that, Burnout. Not open-world Paradise, but more Dominator with crash mode.

Harvest Moon - Back to Nature. Just kick back, relax and enjoy. Easily one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Tomboy said:

Ninja'd me by two hours.
May 21, 2016 4:13 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
The original Syphon Filter trilogy comes to mind. Gabe and Xian tazing people to flames in HD. That would be glorious. Not to mention, it's a legitimately amazing franchise that too many people overlook because of games like Metal Gear Solid hogging the spotlight.

Final Fantasy 8 & 9. Well, we're getting 7 soon, so why not 8 and 9? 7 has gotten so much attention from Square, but these two installments rarely get any. If they do (in the one-off chance) remake it, I do hope that they revamp the Junction system to make it less broken and the Trance system to make it less pointless.

Crash Team Racing. By far my favorite driving game ever.... and while I'm on that, Burnout. Not open-world Paradise, but more Dominator with crash mode.

Harvest Moon - Back to Nature. Just kick back, relax and enjoy. Easily one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Tomboy said:

Ninja'd me by two hours.

Dark Mirror was the first game that I actually played and finished on my PSP. Fun shit and the OST was bomb!
May 21, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
I'd agree with Suikoden, that series just needs anything to prove it isn't dead yet!
May 21, 2016 9:15 AM
Aug 2015
Silent hill 1-downpour
Resident Evil 2-5
Hit man series
May 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2016
I really want to see a remaster of Final Fantasy XII. I feel like I'm the only one, but what are you gonna do? They already released one of my favorite games, Dark Cloud 2, on PS4, so I can't ask for much more than that.

yhunata said:

They recently released an HD version of FF9 on Steam. I feel like they're less likely to remake 9 since it still holds up graphically and gameplay-wise, but seeing an updated version of FF8 would be nice.
May 21, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
Ape Escape 3

I loved this game, and will love to see it again, and better
May 21, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Final Fantasy IX already sort of has a remastered version.

Anyways, I'd like to see HD Remasters of Final Fantasy XII, the .hack// quadrilogy and GU trilogy, the Xenosaga series, Ape Escape 1-3, and pretty much every PS2 SMT game.
May 21, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
@SnugglyWhuggly, so that's why you asked me that question the other day.

OT:
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
The Witcher
Demon's Souls
Persona 3
Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (on console)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (on console)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
ThrashMattoMay 22, 2016 12:34 AM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 21, 2016 11:19 PM

Feb 2014
Final Fantasy XII and Revenant Wings for PS3/4

I've never had the chance to play Revenant Wings
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 21, 2016 11:21 PM

Jul 2013
Crash Bash is the only ever viable answer to this question. But fuck me if persona 2 and 4 wouldn't be killer with P5 graphics
May 22, 2016 12:36 AM

Nov 2008
Max Payne 3. I'd like them to fix the broken V-sync, improve movement (like the crouch), replace the pre-rendered low res cutscenes with in-game cutscenes and make skipping all of them possible. Ideally, all these changes would come with an update, but I know a publisher like RS isn't gonna put the effort in if they can't resell it.

Really, I just want another gritty third-person action game in the style of Hard Boiled, The Killer and Max Payne.

I also want all my favorite console games on PC, but a lot of them are owned by Sony and Nintendo, who would never let them go. Others I've played many times and am already long tired of.
EzekielMay 22, 2016 1:58 AM

May 22, 2016 2:47 AM

Jan 2016
I don't really know. I'm not the biggest fan of remakes/remasters, but if said remake/remaster includes something aside from refurbished visuals, I'll happily oblige.

I think Final Fantasy VI would make for an awesome remake, though. With voice acting and smooth 3D animation and all that.

Oh yeah, and Unreal. That'd make my whole year.
AsPeeXXXVIIIMay 22, 2016 6:58 AM
May 22, 2016 4:58 AM

Sep 2014
The original SMT game remakes would be nice.
Also a 3DS version for Final Fantasy V and VI. I think it's overdue.
May 22, 2016 5:04 AM

May 2015
Ehhh a lot of:

TES III: Morrowind
Gothic I, II
KOTOR I, II
Jedi Academy
Witcher I
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 22, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
I'm lazy so will copy/paste my post from a similar thread on another forum:

Midwinter 1 & 2 (I guess throw in Ashes of Empire, as well). Very ambitious games I would love to see redone without the technological constraints.

The Microprose trio of Sword of the Samurai, Covert Action, and Darklands. Great games with great concepts I'm surprised haven't been remade yet.

And the Ultima series, in general (or at least 8 & 9 since they weren't very good). Something like Ultima V: Lazarus, without the crap engine and a professional studio and budget behind it.. Loads of potential there.

These would be full-blown remakes as most of them are over twenty years old now.

A Midwinter remake is currently being worked on, though progress has been minimal since being announced over two years ago.

I find remasters for recent games a bit unnecessary, for the most part.
SchnickelFritzMay 22, 2016 4:26 PM
May 22, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2010
Ezekiel said:
Max Payne 3. I'd like them to fix the broken V-sync, improve movement (like the crouch), replace the pre-rendered low res cutscenes with in-game cutscenes and make skipping all of them possible. Ideally, all these changes would come with an update, but I know a publisher like RS isn't gonna put the effort in if they can't resell it.

Really, I just want another gritty third-person action game in the style of Hard Boiled, The Killer and Max Payne.

I'd like to retroactively erase Max Payne 3 from history since story wise it should've just ended with Max Payne 2 so there didn't need to be a third game in the first place. You can play Stranglehold if you want a game like Hard Boiled (if you haven't played it already)
May 22, 2016 5:17 PM
Mar 2014
FrozenRaider said:

TES III: Morrowind
KOTOR I, II

These so much. Especially KOTOR. Those games were so good and had so much potential. In fact I think it's time I gave them another run through. That fight with Darth Nihilus still sticks in my mind, it was a great scene, he should have been so much stronger though.
I'll also throw in TES I and II, I'd love to play them on a more modern engine.
May 22, 2016 5:28 PM

May 2016
@thedestinedblade, totally agree with some FE remasters !! We just got the new FE over in europe been playing non stop haha !

I'd love to see Red Dead Redemption remastered. Don't think it really needs it, but it would be nice to see what it would look like now with shiny new graphics. Or you know, they should maybe release Red Dead 2 mahaha.
May 22, 2016 5:51 PM

May 2016
I'd very much like to see Xenogears get polished up. Maybe give the final third of the story a rewrite. Definitely scrap the Gear combat mechanics and just make it more in line with the Character combat mechanics. But keep the soundtrack as-is--that shit is flawless.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 22, 2016 8:06 PM

Oct 2015
I would love a Demon's Souls one where they included the land of the giants. Apparently they started to work on it but time and money constraints made them not able to finish it so they cut it out.
May 22, 2016 9:00 PM

Nov 2008
SolidPayne said:
Ezekiel said:

I'd like to retroactively erase Max Payne 3 from history since story wise it should've just ended with Max Payne 2 so there didn't need to be a third game in the first place. You can play Stranglehold if you want a game like Hard Boiled (if you haven't played it already)
Yeah, there didn't need to be a third Max Payne after how 2 ended. That's why I liked that 3 went in a different direction and had its own identity while still staying true to much of what makes Max Payne Max Payne. MP3 is my favorite game in the series and I hope Rockstar makes another game like it. I played MP2 thrice, MP once and MP3 at least eleven times. I see fans trash the game all the time and it's kind of tiring. Frankly, I found the original unimpressive.

Stranglehold looks like a cheap movie game.
EzekielMay 22, 2016 9:47 PM

May 22, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2010
I would've liked Max Payne 3 better if they just called it something other than Max Payne or if Rockstar just rebooted it. Doesn't help 3's case when Max Payne himself isn't an important part to the plot of his own game. Say what you will about the first one, it's at least about him
May 22, 2016 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
GTA San Andreas

just give it better graphics. Everything that was in it was perfect.
May 22, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
Ezekiel said:

I also want all my favorite console games on PC, but a lot of them are owned by Sony and Nintendo, who would never let them go. Others I've played many times and am already long tired of.
I'd like a Max Payne 3 remake too that allows you to skip all cutscenes, removed QTEs, allowed for jumping and actual melee.
May 23, 2016 12:08 AM

Nov 2008
sullynathan said:
Ezekiel said:

I'd like a Max Payne 3 remake too that allows you to skip all cutscenes, removed QTEs, allowed for jumping and actual melee.
I remember two QTEs in the entire game, both easy. I don't see what jumping and melee would add to the game. He already melees automatically at close range, which is fine, considering the kind of shooter it is.

May 23, 2016 12:24 AM

Mar 2014
I'd rather have the option to melee when I want to and the ability to have melee weapons. Also, I would like to carry all my weapons at once again and I want explosives back in singleplayer.
May 23, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2008
I'd hate both of those changes.

The carry system is fine. It's efficient and realistic, matching the gritty tone of the game. It's part of the difficulty. I would rather pick up and discard guns in the heat of combat, as I would in real life if they were lying everywhere and I didn't carry a hundred magazines, than collect and keep them all. What would be the point? The game doesn't have an upgrade system.

Melee was never a big part of Max Payne or the John Woo movies that it was partially inspired by. Carrying a melee weapon when you could carry another gun (that can be used to melee) instead is a waste. Don't bring a sword to a gunfight.
EzekielMay 23, 2016 2:11 AM

May 23, 2016 5:42 AM

May 2010
Witcher 1, it had great story from what I've heard, but it looks awfully now, especially compared to W2 and even worse compared to W3...

I'd also love to see some older visual novels with new graphics. Man, Kanon or ONE with new art done by Itaru Hinoue... How amazing would that be! Old CG are super nostalgic, sure, but having two versions wouldn't hurt.
May 23, 2016 7:01 AM
Mar 2014
I agree with the original PS1 Spyro trilogy, golden sun would also be pretty neat.
May 23, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2010
Kitsu-nee said:
Witcher 1, it had great story from what I've heard, but it looks awfully now, especially compared to W2 and even worse compared to W3...

Yeah 2007 in general was an awkward year for gaming. I like to to think of it as the growing pains year of gaming. 2006 was when people wear still using PS2/GC/Xbox but by the time 2007 came around, you pretty much had to jump on to the new systems. Gaming had finally made it to high school but it hadn't reached it's full potential with games like Mass Effect, Uncharted: Darke's Fortune, The Witcher, and so on with Bioshock being the one that's hold up the best so yeah a remake of The Witcher wouldn't be a bad thing I don't think
SolidPayneMay 23, 2016 8:17 AM
May 23, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2016
Tales of The Abyss - i dont really care where but i really want to play another game of TOA. Second season will be better ohohoho
ace attorney series - well right now there is still some fight about wether capcom translate the newest game of ace attorner or not but i hope they will. If they want to make the english version but different chatacter IT'S ABSOLUTELY OKAY as long as i get to play it again lol

Other then those two i dont think i really want to replay lol
May 23, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Shining Force 1 and 2 , Classic RPG fun
Time Splitters (Yet to find a Coop Shooter as fun as this game, So many memories)
Unreal Tournament (There is one coming out soon though)

Valaskjalf said:
GTA San Andreas

just give it better graphics. Everything that was in it was perfect.

^This too, Still my favorite GTA game till date
May 23, 2016 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
SolidPayne said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Yeah 2007 in general was an awkward year for gaming in general. I like to to think of it as the growing pains year of gaming. 2006 was when people wear still using PS2/GC/Xbox but by the time 2007 came around, you pretty much had to jump on to the new systems. Gaming had finally made it to high school but it hadn't reached it's full potential with games like Mass Effect, Uncharted: Darke's Fortune, The Witcher, and so on with Bioshock being the one that's hold up the best so yeah a remake of The Witcher wouldn't be a bad thing I don't think

2007 was a massively transitional year for gaming and "geek culture" in general. There were so many things that led to the elements of "geek culture" starting to become more popular (not saying this is necessarily a bad thing).

I mean in gaming, we had the Wii at the end of 2006 that started selling like hotcakes in 2007, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, that changed public perception of the first person shooter genre forever pretty much.

On-topic:
I can't really think of any games I would like to see remade. I would rather developers make new IPs again with new, fresh ideas instead of cashing in on nostalgia.

None of the games I really like nowadays feel like they are in need of a remake anyway. 2D and arena shooters feel rather timeless in a way few other games manage.
May 23, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
Skyrim and Fallout 3 remastered would be sooo awesome
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 23, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2015
These are games I'd like to see remastered but only if the studios that make them wouldn't have to suffer the loss of any other projects

Oblivion
Twisted Metal 2
Rival Schools
Conflict Desert Storm
Bloody Roar
Ninja: Shadow of Darkness
Megaman Legends
Parasite Eve
NHL Rock the Rink/ Slugfest/ NFL Street/ NBA Street etc
Harvest Moon
Digimon World
May 23, 2016 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
Dino crisis 1 and resident evil 3 and this from thr creators of dark souls

May 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
Starwars Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Tenchu Z

May 23, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Kotor of course. I remember sinking hours into it and would probably do it again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Solo Leveling Arise

Zettaiken - Yesterday

0 by Zettaiken »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

37 by Kurt_Irving »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

8 by bryr31 »»
Yesterday, 12:52 PM

» What's your favorite video game that you've never actually beaten? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Apr 15, 2022

54 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 9:33 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

12 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.