Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2016 2:32 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Goddamn that All Might/Gran Torino double team on All For One/Shigaraki, but the bastard's too good using Torino as a shield! Nice that Mount Lady was able to do something to help too, even as a human shield. XD All Might goin' savage near the end there, but running out of time...will he be ok?
animefan8800May 19, 2016 2:38 AM
May 19, 2016 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
More villains quirks are being explained, and AfO and All Might's respective death flags are being raised even higher while the confrontation is reaching its climax!

Nice appearance from Mount Lady, probably the least badass possible but that was great anyway.

Damn, that shit is so intense my body can't hold it any longer.
May 19, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
Nice work from Mt. Lady.
NOPENOPENOPE. Those damn death flags are getting stronger >.<

I've just skimmed over it quickly so I will re-read when out in english.
SandyBoiMay 19, 2016 4:46 AM
May 19, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
All Might is pretty scary when he's pissed.

Death flag stronger now for him.....I really hope I'm wrong though.
May 19, 2016 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
Stark700 said:
All Might is pretty scary when he's pissed.

Death flag stronger now for him.....I really hope I'm wrong though.
I think the author has foreshadowed it well that this will most likely be the end of All Might's run.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 19, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty sweet looking chapter will give my thoughts after the translation is out.

May 19, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
I just find All for One and Shigaraki's relationship so interesting. To Shigaraki, All for One is a hero. It's basically the reverse of Izuku and All Might. I love what Horikoshi is going for here. Also, I still think that they are both going to die here.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 19, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
The last few pages were insane. AM's speech while REKTing the shit out of AfO and AfO saying that the prev OfA said the same (Shimura Nana??) Isn't that a girl name?

Loving AfO more and more tho

Toga was adorable when they were all being absorbed toward her
May 19, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
Don't die all might, now we're going back to deku and the other brats when he dies :'(
He needs his own spinoff.
May 19, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
OMFG!!!! NOT NOW!!! Endeavour please show up!!!

Hands down, one of the best chapters so far!!
May 19, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Goddammit, I forgot all about that time limit...

Not only the death flag was raised for All Might but for All for One as well imo, that part with him and Shigaraki felt like a final goodbye.
KashKetchumMay 19, 2016 1:55 PM
May 19, 2016 2:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BRUUUUUUUUUHHHHH
May 19, 2016 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
I honestly don't think All Might will die here. I think this is where his big secret is revealed to the world.

All Might broke AFO's mask. I'm assuming that mask is important for AFO's survival, so they may both retreat. How ever, with the destruction,( presumed) casualties, the student's getting involved, Best Jeanist potential death or permanent injury, and All Might's true form being reveal to the public, this would be a monumental L for the heroes in the eyes of their society
May 19, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2015
first the colored page was 10/10
mt lady nice move there
GRAN TORIIIIIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOO and all might plz don't die
May 19, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2012
It's too soon for AFO and All Might to die so I hope the battle just ends and All Might is forced to stop using his power.
May 19, 2016 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
AbsoluteBloom said:
I just find All for One and Shigaraki's relationship so interesting. To Shigaraki, All for One is a hero. It's basically the reverse of Izuku and All Might. I love what Horikoshi is going for here. Also, I still think that they are both going to die here.

This. I'm really curious now on what AFO's speech about the death of his comrades meant. Before this chapter, I thought AFO was basically evil and corrupt to his core but now he's somewhat more complex.

I prefer if AFO doesn't die but the way AM was destroying him, it's likely they both will die. AM can transform again (as shown in the first chapter), but it'll most likely will be his final move.

As for Shigaraki, if his father was indeed the previous owner of OFA, it increases my curiosity x1000 about why AFO 'chose' him.
May 19, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
Deku & the rest of the students are safe. Awesome to see Mount Lady block the villains from getting to Bakugou.
Nice team work from Gran Torino & All Might. That Detroit Smash clash with All for One.
Oh no All Might's time limit is over. This is not looking good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 19, 2016 5:52 PM

Mar 2014
My goodness, awe-inspiring chapter.

Wonder if Shigaraki knows his family member once had OFA.
May 19, 2016 8:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Way too many death flags ;_;
But All Might's rage was great!

5/5
May 19, 2016 9:11 PM

Jan 2010
Shimura Nana!!! was the previous All might a woman? Great chapter great fight, love that Kacchan knew what he needed to do. Really liked Mount Lady and Gran Torino’s entrances, felt bad for Gran Torino taking that Detroit Smash to the face. AfO is not done yet and All Might has turned back into Toshinori. This has been an amazing battle I’m alost certain that All Might will die here. It seems like both All for One and One for All may meet similar fates as Sensei keeps telling Tomura to keep on growing.

May 19, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2012
logic340 said:
felt bad for Gran Torino taking that Detroit Smash to the face.

He just took a regular punch. All Might tossed him away for his safety while using the Detroit Smash on All For One.
May 19, 2016 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:
The last few pages were insane. AM's speech while REKTing the shit out of AfO and AfO saying that the prev OfA said the same (Shimura Nana??) Isn't that a girl name?

Loving AfO more and more tho

Toga was adorable when they were all being absorbed toward her

In the databook it shows AM name as 八木 and the 八 = 8. The same goes for Izuku.
菜奈→7 Nana-> 7 八木→8 Yagi-> 8 出久→9 Izuku-> 9

Yagi is AM's last name btw, in the official databook.

All For One really is a cool fucking villain. A villain that is willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of someone else. (Shigaraki)
So many death flags raised this chapter. ;-; Feel bad for mt.lady too.

I think both will be killed and will leave their respective successors.
May 20, 2016 12:00 AM
Apr 2016
AFO took out several pros with ease at the beginning of his appearance including the #4. So even if #2 and the other assault gets there they would just get smashed. I do not think all might will die I believe Grand Torino is gonna sacrifice himself and that will give All Might the spirit to beat AFO. I'll probably be wrong doe R.I.P All might :/
May 20, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
I can't see All for One dying now.

Shigaraki may have the potential to be a menacing villain, but one on the level that requires a HIGH percentage One for All? Nope, can't see it.

Unless All for One has done something to Shigaraki that willl take time to fully mature, he's mostly only an antagonist for Deku while he's still in the beginning levels of One for All control.

My guesses on what is to come:

All for One will probably only take a severe wound that will probably put him outta commission again for awhile, but All Might will get killed with Gran Torino not being able to help. Deku will find out All Might died, and like All Might did when his predecessor did, he'll get super serious about controlling One for All, because like Gran Torino said to All Might, he was becoming more and more like him by the day.

After Deku goes into obsession mode for a bit, it'll probably cause a bit of worry with his friends and Gran Torino will pop up sooner or later to make him sorta "cool down" and start telling stories about All Might when he was younger. After he hears it, he'll probably go back to being normal somewhat, and will apologize to friends, then maybe the next major arc will start with some mega training and stuff for the class.

Either waaaaaay...we'll know soon enough. :D
May 20, 2016 2:31 AM

Dec 2014
Epic chapter again.

Imagining the escape with the anime OST made it so epic for me.
Mt.Lady taking the hit to help the guys escape was great.

All Might rage along with that speech sent chills down my spine. That Detroit Smash was epic, Along with slam down after that. Too epic.

AbsoluteBloom said:

I'm loving this as well, Really interested in finding out more about All for One and Shigaraki relatoinship. Especially since AFO seems to blame All Might for sacrificing everyone around him to climb up the ladder himself.

Please don't die All Might, It's too early :(
May 20, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2010
animefan8800 said:
logic340 said:
felt bad for Gran Torino taking that Detroit Smash to the face.

He just took a regular punch. All Might tossed him away for his safety while using the Detroit Smash on All For One.
Thanks for the clarification, I just looked at it again All Might is a beast!!

May 20, 2016 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Pringer said:
I can't see All for One dying now.

Shigaraki may have the potential to be a menacing villain, but one on the level that requires a HIGH percentage One for All? Nope, can't see it.

Unless All for One has done something to Shigaraki that willl take time to fully mature, he's mostly only an antagonist for Deku while he's still in the beginning levels of One for All control.
Yeah I may have been pre-mature in thinking All for One might die here. Though All Might will most likely die here. Do you think All for One will be arrested and imprisoned? This would have a huge ramifications for Deke and Kacchan seeing/hearing about their idol being killed and for Tomura no longer having sensei to depend on. A sensei retrieval arc for the Villains in the future would be pretty epic too imo, and would allow Deku to fight All for One later. Just trying to think of different angels and ways this could go.

Will it be All for One or Tomura who will be the main antagonist of the series?

May 20, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2016
the last pages were insaneee *faints*
May 20, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2009
logic340 said:
Yeah I may have been pre-mature in thinking All for One might die here. Though All Might will most likely die here. Do you think All for One will be arrested and imprisoned? This would have a huge ramifications for Deke and Kacchan seeing/hearing about their idol being killed and for Tomura no longer having sensei to depend on. A sensei retrieval arc for the Villains in the future would be pretty epic too imo, and would allow Deku to fight All for One later. Just trying to think of different angels and ways this could go.

Will it be All for One or Tomura who will be the main antagonist of the series?

I think it'd be hard for them to keep All for One arrested. He's got a fairly decent amount of Quirks stored up, so unless they know all his Quirks and can prepare a suitable prison or have some way to disable his Quirks, it'd be incredibly easy for him to escape. (I don't think Aizawa is going to be staring at him 24/7. :P)

All for One is the only person so far that's capable of being an "end-game" antagonist for Deku. Shigaraki is a good match for Deku now only because Deku is still developing and coming into his power.

One way I can see Shigaraki becoming the main antagonist would be if All Might was able to deal a MAJOR injury to All for One, to the point his regeneration can't keep him alive for much longer and with his remaining strength he infuses Shigaraki with a multitude of Quirks(And not puppet-ify him). Not enough to match All for One himself in terms of strength, or at least, maybe not initially, but enough that it'll give him some "oomph" to be able to become a symbol of chaos for villains.
May 22, 2016 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
Pringer said:
All for One is the only person so far that's capable of being an "end-game" antagonist for Deku. Shigaraki is a good match for Deku now only because Deku is still developing and coming into his power.

One way I can see Shigaraki becoming the main antagonist would be if All Might was able to deal a MAJOR injury to All for One, to the point his regeneration can't keep him alive for much longer and with his remaining strength he infuses Shigaraki with a multitude of Quirks(And not puppet-ify him). Not enough to match All for One himself in terms of strength, or at least, maybe not initially, but enough that it'll give him some "oomph" to be able to become a symbol of chaos for villains.

You are basing Shigaraki on what he is NOW. But just like heroes, villains can grow and develop. This and last chapter made it clear that AFO treats Shigaraki as his successor and someone worth saving even if it means sacrificing his own life to do it (and villains aren't fond of doing that so this speaks volumes of Shigaraki's worth). AFO would not do either of those unless Shigaraki was worthy of succeeding him.

Additionally, since AFO treats him as a successor, it seems that Shigaraki might be able to somehow inherit the AFO ability.
It is also possible that Shigaraki himself has OFA. If one succeeds the OFA by ingesting another OFA's DNA, then Shigaraki might be born with the OFA's DNA. Seeing as he hates his parent, it would be understendable why he would never ever use it, but if AFO dies then he might become angry and resolved enough to put that prejudice behind.
In worst case, he will have both the OFA and the AFO quirks. This could make him the strongest character in the world.
May 22, 2016 7:43 AM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
Pringer said:

You are basing Shigaraki on what he is NOW. But just like heroes, villains can grow and develop. This and last chapter made it clear that AFO treats Shigaraki as his successor and someone worth saving even if it means sacrificing his own life to do it (and villains aren't fond of doing that so this speaks volumes of Shigaraki's worth). AFO would not do either of those unless Shigaraki was worthy of succeeding him.

Additionally, since AFO treats him as a successor, it seems that Shigaraki might be able to somehow inherit the AFO ability.
It is also possible that Shigaraki himself has OFA. If one succeeds the OFA by ingesting another OFA's DNA, then Shigaraki might be born with the OFA's DNA. Seeing as he hates his parent, it would be understendable why he would never ever use it, but if AFO dies then he might become angry and resolved enough to put that prejudice behind.
In worst case, he will have both the OFA and the AFO quirks. This could make him the strongest character in the world.

Yeah, he could grow his physical strength, mental strength, and his Quirk, but that would only go so far for him. He'd still be a squishy person with hands that dismantle stuff up against a person that can punch buildings at him. Being the next holder of One for All means Deku will actually be stronger than All Might once he gets himself fully developed, so Shigaraki HAS to have something done to himself. (Unless his Quirk can be trained enough to be freely "place" on parts he desires, and not limited to whatever he touches with all 5 of his fingers)

If he could inherit the All for One ability, that would fit nicely with what I was saying before, but as for Shigaraki having One for All, that just seems out there. Quirks can get passed from people's parents, yes, but if he did have it, that would mean Nana got pregnant while being the carrier of One for All, had Shigaraki, and he was able to get both Destructo-Hands(What I'm calling them. ^^) and One for All without it being drained from her, since she passed it to All Might. If that was the case, then you can dupe One for All by getting knocked up or knocking someone up. ^^

And where did you read about him hating his parent? I can't remember any instances of him saying he hated his Mom or Dad, if anything, he probably loved his Dad at least, because it seems he keeps his preserved hand around, and mostly puts it on his face, like a security blanket type thing. If he hated his Mom, why would he? Unless she was the reason his Dad died, or the killer, because whatever killed him seems to have used a lot of force, enough to disassemble him a bit and have the blood get onto Shigaraki, too, but if she was the killer and was still in possession of One for All, why would he hate All Might when he didn't exist at that time?

Unless she had already passed it long ago and he got his Destructo-Hands from her, and she used it on his Dad for some reason, but don't think that could work, since All Might was serious on learning to control it while enrolled in Yuuei because she had already died, meaning she should have been dead when All Might was 15 years old...then he went to school for 3 years, no idea when he debuted, and then the time until the present. Meh...not enough information for all this stuff.

Ah well, the answers will come eventually. ^^
May 22, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
Sensei still talks big and he should after all he defeated the 7th One for All user and most likely the 1st since the All for One user gave the One for All to his little brother !! Well only a part of it since the 2nd part passing it down a quirk was his brothers 1st quirk.
May 22, 2016 6:09 PM
Dec 2014
Heyy guys what do you think? As I see All Might's limit is almost gone, will this be it for him? What do you think what can the heroes now do? I'm so unsure and nervous about this, kinda have a bad feeling... like something terrible will happen! And that Midorya boy is not really improving at all, so slow... wish he trained more instead of having fun with Uraraka(hehe just kidding) but he did have some time to train but he didnt! I know he will eventually be really strong and will take care of the villain boss, but now things are looking really bad!
Aug 2, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
All Might will be in big trouble if he didn't finish the fight with that hit.
Jan 21, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2016
Annoys me how fast All Might's limit is shortening.

Set by SenpieX
Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
Oh boy All Might is at his limit now. All For One is too strong with those combo quirks.

Aug 12, 2022 11:02 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Things are looking grim.

For the both of them, actually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

7 by landofthekwt »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.