Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
I am very Impressed with how this episode turned out!
May 15, 2016 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
3DCG is killing me. Seriously it looks super cheap and just awful. So we won't see hand drawn mecha animation anymore nowadays? Only 3D shit? :|
Calling it epic or even good is just ridiculous. Especially after you watch this (not an epic scene, just random pick fromfrom. YT).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCrZZAZr5S8

Mecha CG in Comet Lucifer and Dimension W was bearable, but this... Ehh. At least 2D scenes are done properly...
I really can't understand which part of action scenes looks good for all of you...

And btw, this episode was boring as hell, almost non stop action. I hope that they won't choose this path, first 5eps were really good.
rsc-plMay 30, 2016 2:29 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 15, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode, the fighting scene was impressive, it's rare to see a mecha anime with good fights.
May 15, 2016 8:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The serious parts are actually working for this series, which is great!

4/5
May 15, 2016 10:43 AM

Sep 2010
We all know camera dude dead there is no way he could have ran out of the blast zone in time gonna kinda miss him though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Still very much impressed by the combat in this show. Despite all the theatricality, there is some clear evidence of koryū techniques, as well as of some modern martial arts.
valvravetruth said:
The relic they are riding comfirmed to be from outer space, consider there is no way they can make the relic decades ago. From this, we can expect the one who ride it Ken is also from the outer space. The weapon they carry are poisonous to each other also.

Eventhou the outer spaces humans seem to have op technology, but their ideology and traditions are the same as old time Japan. I doubt the princess is dead, she might still be in the spaceship, those op technology can preserve life with no problem which samething happen to Ken. IF the princess is still alive, then japanese will be easy for those outer space humans.

I think you made a mistake, and at the same time unknowingly corrected yourself there.

What I mean is that I don't think Ken was originally the one riding the relic. The Princess seemed to have asked him to ride it as either she was not able to operate it alone, or because one or two of the original pilots were unavailable. In case of the former, the Princess would actually be the one originally riding it, and in case of the latter she could be only half of 'who' was originally riding it or an heir to one or two of those originally riding it. In any case, it would also explain why she was abducted.

ErwinJA said:

Actually, what struck me the most was HESH. For those that don't know, HESH rounds are basically plastic explosives that compress into a mound on the target's surface before detonating. This shape directs powerful shock waves into the target and, on simple steel plates, causes massive fragmentation and spalling on the interior. It does not penetrate, but causes enough havoc inside to completely disable older tanks with ease. It was most notably used to telling effect by Israelis in the 1950s, '60s, and early '70s - and allowing them to recover and use many knocked out enemy tanks themselves. However, spaced and layered armor, which had become standard by the '80s, rendered the round obsolete in that role. It's now mainly used by engineers for attacking bunkers and fortifications. If it's obsolete against modern armor, it should be of dubious value against the enemy mechs.

Not necessarily. HESH is obsolete against a specific type of armour that has become prevalent for modern military vehicles. However, a more advanced civilisation might have developped a type of armour with a different approach, that makes layering and spacing in turn obsolete.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 15, 2016 6:24 PM

Sep 2012
I swear to god, if that camera idiot and fuckboi dumbass are still alive cause of plot armour...
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
May 15, 2016 8:01 PM
Jan 2013
A good episode. The only bad thing about this episode is some part of dialogue of sebastian.... i don't know why but, probably because it's annoying and forcing a character personality reflection.

If that two kids did not die from the blast, i will be certain that this show writer is dumb. i mean, c'mon, they evacuate the entire city yet did not bother to secure a perimeter to somewhat contain the battlefield and let a 2 highschool civilain to enter the site? i don't know if it's true but, kietai or UN is dumb in this show...
May 16, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
I think it way okay only. (3/5)

I don't like a lot of fighting and I prefer if there is more talking and advancement of the story/plot. Fighting is only good if there is really good music and intense situations where chars die or are near death. (Some other mecha are better than Kuromukuro at this.)

But the end of the episode was nice again. Did not expect that. (At least not that early.) I hope it won't get worse from this point. Could get better or worse ... depends on what they make of it. I hope there won't be too much complicated stuff. Good mix of action, nice chars and a bit story was fine so far.

I guess there was either some alien party or some samurai that had (somehow) access to better technology in the past. They were in war with the old japan and they old japanese called them "demons" and the main (or parents of they main) defected to the old japanese. Something like that. But there still needs to be a reason. Maybe aliens from some planet that is near destruction (and they learned japanese from the past when they fought there). But then would be the question: Why did they only fight in japan back in the past (otherwise other areas should also know about "demons") and why did they not attak for the past hundred years?

Let's see what the story/script writers have to offer. Can't wait for the next episode ha ha.
May 17, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2015
great episode overall imo. the yellow one seemed very unfair with his featured on his mechs. didn't have the left arm but the wings on it's back was too unfair. the right wing especially. but i really like the action and enjoyed it so much. it looked like 2 sarmurai in human body were having a battle but in mech and in more realistic way in samurai fighting style.

on the other side, i just realize that the mech/CGI in this anime is so detailed and i like it so much. it gives me a realistic feeling from it. i bet the CGI makes used to work on mechanic stuff or somethin like that.... same witht the action btw.

and DAT ending. what a suprising ending tho. i was thinking in the middle of the action "you ain't gonna tell me there are people inside of that thing ?" but LOL, i didn't expect there are really people inside of it. and from that point i can kinda imagine why 26 episode and what will happen. definitely interesting imo.

looking foward for the next episode.
May 19, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
That's a normal reaction to have.. Yukina ain't no soldier or warrior.
Tension is high when the sword pierced through.. that was scary. You can do it, Yukina !
Never expected a human.. I mean that mecha moved like an alien LOL.
May 21, 2016 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
Action packed!

I laughed at the launch-sequence-cannon-thingy.
May 30, 2016 1:09 AM

Dec 2015
The episode was certainly an entertaining mecha action fest, but:
- I don't like mecha action overload,
- I dislike full action episodes,
- I hate apparent 3D CGI (at least it saves money for regular scenes).

I was expecting the revelation to start only around the 12th or 13th episode since it is a full series. I am happy to be wrong.

3.5/5 I don't think this is a bad omen for the series balance between mechaction and the rest. Or is it?

alyya said:

He representing young man who curious about something and in any situation grabbed their smartphone and uploaded to internet. I don't like him either, but can related with.

Evangelion in 1996 already featured a character like the telephone guy. It has more to do with boys obsessive about military/mechanical things (or larger: their pastime.) Or curious like you say, than with nowadays age of video sharing.

rsc-pl said:
3DCG is killing me. Seriously it looks super cheap and just awful. So we won't see hand drawn mecha animation anymore nowadays? Only 3D shit? :

Have you seen mecha action scenes from Gundam G-Reco?
Rei_IIIMay 30, 2016 1:17 AM
Jun 2, 2016 8:29 PM

May 2009
Rei366 said:
Have you seen mecha action scenes from Gundam G-Reco?

Action scenes and visuals are only good parts of G-Reco.
Jun 2, 2016 10:38 PM

Dec 2015
@bastek66 From the few episodes I have seen, the world is also interesting. Anyway, it wasn't about G no Reconguista merits but only an answer to the rethorical question I quoted.
Jul 3, 2016 11:11 PM

May 2009
Really good battle scene. The classmate with the camera was really annoying...I was just waiting for him to get hurt...and from the explosion at the end, it seems like he must have, or maybe even died.

Interesting to see that these demons seems to be humans. Or maybe he is just showing that humans are the true aliens. Who knows? The story has gotten even more interesting now. Can't wait to see where it goes.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Jul 8, 2016 6:20 PM

Oct 2014
Oh shit! Its people! Soylent green is people!
noGiAnimeJul 9, 2016 2:46 AM
Sep 7, 2016 1:16 AM

Feb 2014
While i doubt the curious camera man will die theres no possible way he escaped that explosion
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jan 9, 2017 4:22 AM

Mar 2015
Big reveal, humans out in space too

And Kaya that camera kid was annoying as heck
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Well it confirmed the mech they have was taken from the those attacking them.
Why are they humans or look human we will learn later.

Btw considering the size of the explosion we saw it really will be quite the bullshit if those two survive although most likely the show won't kill them.
Jan 29, 2017 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
The ending was very intriguing. I did not expect a human to emerge from the oni, let alone a samurai.
Mar 20, 2017 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
I don't really like mecha fighting very much so this episode was boring for me... but the person who came out of the enemy mecha was very interesting!
Both those kids are dead 0.0 (this series was given an R rating)
Apr 2, 2017 11:45 PM
Jun 2013
well that was a fun fight and of course the aliens look like humans. Also would be surprised if those kids lived.
souledge94Apr 2, 2017 11:49 PM
Jul 24, 2017 4:31 AM
Aug 2014
Those enemy mchas are a lot weaker than I'd fought they'd be, they were defeated rather easily by early earth mechas. Disappointing. Was hoping they would take out those annoying pilots of the other mechas.
Apr 9, 2018 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
Dat stab.
It took up to the 13 minute mark for these guys to arrive. Slow fucks!
They made it in time? They're late as fuck!
They finally beat it.
The hatch is opening?
Someone came out.
A human?
Dat explosion.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
So that yellow ogre is being piloted huh makes sense, at first I thought it's an organic lifeform cause when it's wounded liquid stuff comes out kinda like blood. Anyway I have a theory, 450 years ago these ogres attacked the earth or maybe only Japan. I think they're aliens, then one of the ogres was stolen specifically the kuromukuro, or maybe the original pilot of kuromukuro betrayed his fellow aliens and gave his giant robot to the humans so they can fight back. Also, I think the reason why these aliens abduct people is to make them pilot their ogres.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.